18. Weber St. 1017
19. Northern Arizona 981
20. North Dakota St. 727
21. South Dakota St. 629
22. Hampton 255
23. Georgia Southern 215
24. Tennessee St. 191
25. William & Mary 191
Others receiving votes (minimum of 5 votes): Harvard (47), Jacksonville St. (43), The Citadel (41), San Diego (33), South Carolina St. (32), Texas St. (24), Sam Houston St. (18), Eastern Washington (13), Lafayette (10), Tennessee-Martin (7), Montana St. (6), Yale (6), Dayton (5), Delaware (5)

MOST SIGNIFICANT WIN OF THE WEEK: James Madison
MOST SIGNIFICANT LOSS OF THE WEEK: McNeese St.

-------------

Press Release:

AGS Poll Week Seven: James Madison Remains No. 1

Chicago, IL -- The James Madison Dukes further tightened their grip as No. 1 in the AnyGivenSaturday.com (AGS) Poll of the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) this week, garnering 111 first place votes, two more than last week.

Following the Dukes in the top ten were (in order): Appalachian State, Cal Poly, Wofford, Northern Iowa, Elon, Villanova, Richmond, Montana, and Massachusetts.

The full results are listed below.

Two other teams received a first place vote: Elon (1) and Villanova (1)..

A total of 14 squads received at least the five votes required to receive mention outside of the top 25.

The Colonial Athletic Association, the FCS’s largest league lead the way with six teams in the Top 25; the Missouri Valley Football and Southern Conferences placed five each; the Big Sky Conference had three; the Southland Conference placed two; and the Ohio Valley, Mid-Eastern, Great West Football, and Big South Conferences were represented with one squad.

Weber State improved the most gaining six spots while North Dakota State fell the furthest dropping nine spots. Eastern Washington, Jacksonville State, Delaware, and The Citadel dropped from the top 25 as Hampton, Georgia Southern, Tennessee State, and William & Mary entered at No. 22-25 respectively.

The pollsters also named James Madison's win over Richmond as the Most Significant Win Of The Week and McNeese State's loss to Texas State as the Mostv Significant Loss Of The Week.

AGS is the world’s largest online community devoted to all of the FCS and has been hailed as "the largest collection of FCS afficionados on the planet." The AGS Poll was created in 2004 to give distinguished members of the AGS community a place to voice their opinion, vote for the top 25 FCS programs in the nation, and provide the media and coaches of FCS a valuable resource to gauge general sentiment.

In comparison to other polls, the AGS Poll had as many or more of it’s preseason top 25 on it’s final regular season poll than either of the other two polls (coaches and media) had on their’s since their inception four years ago. The AGS Poll also had as many or more of it’s preseason top 25 on it’s final regular season poll make the playoffs than either of the other two polls the past four years.

In order to ensure that the poll is accurate and fair, a committee of AGS veteran members has established guidelines for voter eligibility and accountability. The AGS Poll will be announced weekly throughout the season on Mondays and a final poll will be announced shortly after the National Championship game.

Complete rankings:

Team (First-place votes) Record Points Previous Rank
1. James Madison (111) 6-1 2823 1
2. Appalachian State 4-2 2674 2
3. Cal Poly 3-1 2411 5
4. Wofford 4-1 2296 7
5. Northern Iowa 4-2 2195 8
6. Elon (1) 6-1 2172 10
7. Villanova (1) 4-1 2168 9
8. Richmond 4-3 1906 4
9. Montana 5-1 1890 12
10. Massachusetts 4-2 1715 13
11. McNeese State 3-2 1633 3
12. Southern Illinois 3-2 1490 14
13. New Hampshire 4-1 1406 6
14. Central Arkansas 5-1 1252 15
15. Western Illinois 4-2 1195 17
16. Liberty 6-0 1180 16
17. Furman 5-2 1055 18
18. Weber State 5-2 1017 24
19. Northern Arizona 5-1 981 20
20. North Dakota State 3-3 727 11
21. South Dakota State 3-3 629 23
22. Hampton 4-1 255 NR
23. Georgia Southern 3-3 215 NR
T24. Tennessee State 5-1 191 NR
T24. William & Mary 3-2 191 NR

Dropped out: Eastern Washington, Jacksonville State, Delaware, The Citadel.

Others receiving votes (minimum of 5 votes): Harvard (47), Jacksonville State (43), The Citadel (41), San Diego (33), South Carolina State (32), Texas State (24), Sam Houston State (18), Eastern Washington (13), Lafayette (10), Tennessee-Martin (7), Montana State (6), Yale (6), Dayton (5), Delaware (5).

MOST SIGNIFICANT WIN OF THE WEEK: James Madison
MOST SIGNIFICANT LOSS OF THE WEEK: McNeese State

appfan2008
October 13th, 2008, 12:03 PM
looks good to me... weber should be higher...

patssle
October 13th, 2008, 12:12 PM
UCA beats a prevously ranked top 25 school, McNeese loses (and gets their ass kicked) to a cellar dwellar, and they get more respect?

No I'm not blasting McNeese's ranking again, but this time in comparison to UCA. UCA should be higher, regardless of wherever McNeese is.

PhoenixPhan06
October 13th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Would have liked to see Elon at #5 since we beat yet another ranked team but the first place vote will suffice. Assuming a win at UTC, 10/25 will be THE game of the week among all of FCS when we host Wofford.

gophoenix
October 13th, 2008, 12:17 PM
A first place vote for Elon is outrageous right now.

Both that and Villanova. Bad. Right now, JMU is no question the top team.

JmuSkinsfan
October 13th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Yeah, I don't understand the first place vote for Elon. They lost to UR at home. I am not arguing them being in the top 5 by any means, but I don't get that #1 vote. Anyone (cough, cough, voter) care to explain?

Dukie95
October 13th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Would have liked to see Elon at #5 since we beat yet another ranked team but the first place vote will suffice. Assuming a win at UTC, 10/25 will be THE game of the week among all of FCS when we host Wofford.

JMU at Villanova is also that day. That could certainly be an interesting poll shakeup kind of a day

Maroon&White
October 13th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Beat me to it Dukie95

UNI Pike
October 13th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Yeah, I don't understand the first place vote for Elon. They lost to UR at home. I am not arguing them being in the top 5 by any means, but I don't get that #1 vote. Anyone (cough, cough, voter) care to explain?

Was it the guy that was voting for UNH as #1 switching to Elon? :o

PhoenixPhan06
October 13th, 2008, 12:32 PM
JMU at Villanova is also that day. That could certainly be an interesting poll shakeup kind of a day

These next few weeks will really shake things up and I couldn't be more excited! I'm sure there will be huge games in the CAA from here on out. I'm looking forward to the games between ASU, Wofford, and Elon since those are the three that have separated themselves from the rest of the SoCon. All three teams should make the playoffs and will be a dangerous matchup for any team.

Anovafan
October 13th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Not my first place vote for Nova. JMU has been my #1 for several weeks now.

dbackjon
October 13th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Weber State and Northern Arizona getting NO RESPECT.

Weber kicks Montana's butt, and are NINE places lower??

Weber, Montana and NAU are all top 12 teams, guys.

It sucks how biased this poll is.

Liberty would lose by 20 to Weber or NAU.

Reign of Terrier
October 13th, 2008, 12:36 PM
When was the last time Wofford got a top 5 ranking?

ToTheLeft
October 13th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Weber State and Northern Arizona getting NO RESPECT.

Weber kicks Montana's butt, and are NINE places lower??

Heh, no one in this poll is biased towards Liberty.

And I don't think you should really go out on such a limb. I'm not saying LU is clearly better, but there ain't no way we'd lose by 20.

smallcollegefbfan
October 13th, 2008, 12:37 PM
UCA beats a prevously ranked top 25 school, McNeese loses (and gets their ass kicked) to a cellar dwellar, and they get more respect?

No I'm not blasting McNeese's ranking again, but this time in comparison to UCA. UCA should be higher, regardless of wherever McNeese is.

This poll is not awful but I noticed some things that did not make sense to me. Overall I would flip flop teams in 3-4 spots and then it would appear to be right on, based on what we know now.

Any Given Saturday Poll Top 25

(First place votes in parenthesis), Points
1. James Madison (111) 2823 Should be concensus #1 right now
2. Appalachian St. 2674
3. Cal Poly 2411 They lost to Montana and only played 4 games, too high IMO.
4. Wofford 2296
5. Northern Iowa 2195
6. Elon (1) 2172 Lost to Richmond and should be behind them. #1 vote is crazy.
7. Villanova (1) 2168 Beat Richmond and underrated big time.
8. Richmond 1906 Should be a couple spots higher just behind Villanova.
9. Montana 1890 Beat Cal Poly and have just one loss to a solid Weber State team.
10. Massachusetts 1715
11. McNeese St. 1633 Flip flop with UCA
12. Southern Illinois 1490
13. New Hampshire 1406
14. Central Arkansas 1252 Flip flop with McNeese
15. Western Illinois 1195
16. Liberty 1180 Need to see them beat a top 15 team before I would move them much higher than this.
17. Furman 1055
18. Weber St. 1017 Underrated.
19. Northern Arizona 981
20. North Dakota St. 727
21. South Dakota St. 629
22. Hampton 255
23. Georgia Southern 215
24. Tennessee St. 191
25. William & Mary 191 Good to see them get respect.

BEAR
October 13th, 2008, 12:37 PM

It's ok Patssle! UCA isn't eligible for the playoffs and probably is still considered a transitional team in the eyes of most voters. By the end of the season if UCA wins out until the McNeese game, maybe a top ten ranking will be earned. Tough league though..lots of parity. xthumbsupx

Black Saturday
October 13th, 2008, 12:44 PM
These next few weeks will really shake things up and I couldn't be more excited! I'm sure there will be huge games in the CAA from here on out. I'm looking forward to the games between ASU, Wofford, and Elon since those are the three that have separated themselves from the rest of the SoCon. All three teams should make the playoffs and will be a dangerous matchup for any team.

I don't know who is going to make the playoffs out of those three. A loss at GSU and as a barometer ASU is not going to make it, because another loss would be probable. ASU should win, but historically GSU has a tough venue for APP. Get by this weekend and I like our chances.

RazorEdge19
October 13th, 2008, 12:48 PM
I don't know who is going to make the playoffs out of those three. A loss at GSU and as a barometer ASU is not going to make it, because another loss would be probable. ASU should win, but historically GSU has a tough venue for APP. Get by this weekend and I like our chances.

The next three weeks will likely determine what teams from the SoCon are going to the playoffs...

Grizzaholic
October 13th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Doesn't look too bad.

Retro
October 13th, 2008, 12:54 PM

Ass Kicked? Mcneese lost by 3 points, but we did have to rally for that. xcoolx

That being said, UCA will continue to get more credit if they continue winning.. Even though they only have 1 loss, their early schedule was weaker than mcneese with no quality win in there till this past week and Mcneese lost to a much better FBS team in that comparision..

We will see how it works out in the end so quit using every post to bash Mcneese and whine about every little detail that doesn't mesh with your orange sky world! I hope your in huntsville this week so i can see what a whiner looks like!xbawlingx

89Hen
October 13th, 2008, 01:06 PM

It sucks how biased this post is.

dbackjon
October 13th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Heh, no one in this poll is biased towards Liberty.

And I don't think you should really go out on such a limb. I'm not saying LU is clearly better, but there ain't no way we'd lose by 20.

I would like to see those games played.

ASUMountaineer
October 13th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Not my first place vote for Nova. JMU has been my #1 for several weeks now.

The one vote Elon and Villanova received didn't come from a person who is a fan of that school. Only if a team receives a vote from a non-fan will first place votes be awarded. It is to prevent homer picks. I suppose it could be someone like Rob Iola who is voting for Villanova as he had been voting New Hampshire #1. xlolx

FargoBison
October 13th, 2008, 01:10 PM
It sucks how biased this post is.

Yep, NAU a top 12 team is laughable. Not one top 25 win and they somehow belong in the top 12??

Syntax Error
October 13th, 2008, 01:22 PM
... It sucks how biased this poll is...xnonono2x xnonono2x

Ivytalk
October 13th, 2008, 01:26 PM
A difficult week, given the turnover at the bottom of the bracket, but the results seem about right.

danefan
October 13th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Ballots belong the in the AGS Poll board.

gbhmt
October 13th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Yep, NAU a top 12 team is laughable. Not one top 25 win and they somehow belong in the top 12??

Weber and Montana have proven themselves, and NAU is top 12 caliber. I don't think one can really argue for them to be in the top 12, as they haven't proven themselves against big opponents yet. From watching them closely, I still believe they're a top 12 team in terms of quality. I'd really love to see them sneak quietly into the playoffs and knock off some of the big boys that haven't been paying any attention to them.

SactoHornetFan
October 13th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Ballots belong the in the AGS Poll board.

Didn't realize there was a board for this xwhistlex xthumbsupx

Rob Iola
October 13th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Was it the guy that was voting for UNH as #1 switching to Elon? :o
I was one of the 3 voting UNH as #1 (and the first one) - I switched to JMU...

DOME
October 13th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Still think the Bison should be ranked lower if at all. Guess we'll have to make that a fourth loss this weekend.

th0m
October 13th, 2008, 02:01 PM
My Poll.. The top three are the same for the second consecutive week.. although if i wanted to be a homer, i could make the argument as to how Villanova deserves to be number one, but i won't do that unless we beat the Dooks

How would you make that case, exactly?

bandl
October 13th, 2008, 02:07 PM
My Poll.. The top three are the same for the second consecutive week.. although if i wanted to be a homer, i could make the argument as to how Villanova deserves to be number one, but i won't do that unless we beat the Dooks

Please do. xreadx

leatherneck177
October 13th, 2008, 02:08 PM
weber st should be higher

McNeese75
October 13th, 2008, 02:08 PM

If it makes you happy, my ballot has MSU and UCA reversed from the AGS poll xcoffeex

appfan2008
October 13th, 2008, 02:11 PM
so all i have learned from this thread is to not put your poll here and the poll is biased bc nau and wsu are too low... wow...

gbhmt
October 13th, 2008, 02:16 PM
so all i have learned from this thread is to not put your poll here and the poll is biased bc nau and wsu are too low... wow...

that's the gist of it

T-Dog
October 13th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Besides App after the Michigan game for two weeks, has there ever been an unanimous #1 in the first half of the season in the history of the AGS poll?

appfan2008
October 13th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Besides App after the Michigan game for two weeks, has there ever been an unanimous #1 in the first half of the season in the history of the AGS poll?

I would imagine nobody has the stats on that...

already123
October 13th, 2008, 02:22 PM
looks good so far....I would definitely argue that NAU and Weber should both be a bit higher...

Syntax Error
October 13th, 2008, 02:25 PM
It sucks how biased this post is.http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5&title=2008-fcs-polls&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Hoyadestroya85
October 13th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Please do. xreadx

Ok, I'll give you several.. keep in mind that i'm not saying that they are number one (again i voted for JMU) but i think the argument can be made.

a) They have a great run defense, they'll force you to beat them in the air, something that the two teams ahead of them struggle to do at times.
b) They can beat you through the air or on the ground when forced to.
c) They have depth at just about every position especially on the defensive line, the offensive backfield and in the defensive backfield.
d) they're very well coached and schematically they give you looks that you don't see every day. for example the 3-3-5 defense.
e) They're playing with a chip on their shoulder because they know they aren't getting much respect especially because their only loss is at West Virginia.
f) Speed, this team is deceptively fast.
g) Experience.. we have not a single freshman starting on either offense or defense and only a handful of freshmen in our two deep.
h) Home Field, almost all of the difficult conference games this season are at home, where Villanova hasn't lost since homecoming of '06.

putter
October 13th, 2008, 02:31 PM
looks good so far....I would definitely argue that NAU and Weber should both be a bit higher...

I would not worry about it. It comes from the feeling that the Big Fluff has always been Montana and those 8 others who can't win consistently. Unfortunately polls should be based on this years team and how they perform rather than how historically they have done. "Montana has benefited from this."

Through the power of TV, I have been fortunate to watch UMass, UNI, Liberty, JMU, Richmond, and NAU and Weber could hold their own against these teams. Just keep playing well and the Big Sky could see 3 teams in the post season. xsmiley_wix

Syntax Error
October 13th, 2008, 02:41 PM
A first place vote for Elon is outrageous right now...How about the #1 vote for App St in the TSN poll? xoopsx

bandl
October 13th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Ok, I'll give you several..

a) They have a great run defense, they'll force yo9u to beat them in thea
b) They can beat you through the air or on the ground when forced to.
c) They have depth at just about every position especially on the defensive line, the offensive backfield and in the defensive backfield.
d) they're very well coached and schematically they give you looks that you don't see every day. for example the 3-3-5 defense.
e) They're playing with a chip on their shoulder because they know they aren't getting much respect especially because their only loss is at West Virginia.
f) Speed, this team is deceptively fast.
g) Experience.. we have not a single freshman starting on either offense or defense and only a handful of freshmen in our two deep.

All great theories (I omitted H because that's not a theory :p ), but you haven't done anything compared to what JMU has done so far ON THE FIELD. xrulesx

VU has beaten the #1 ranked team and a previously unranked (now ranked) team. Nothing else to brag about (yet).

JMU has beaten the #1, #3 & #5 ranked teams.

It's not really a discussion yet. If VU beats JMU though, then they certainly will get MY #1 vote. xreadx

AppGrad06
October 13th, 2008, 03:18 PM
I voted San Diego in at 24. They may be the Pioneer but they're still 6-0 (4-0)

GannonFan
October 13th, 2008, 03:38 PM
JMU has beaten the #1, #3 & #5 ranked teams.

JMU's beaten themselves, Cal Poly, and Northern Iowa? No kidding? :p

mcveyrl
October 13th, 2008, 03:44 PM
JMU's beaten themselves, Cal Poly, and Northern Iowa? No kidding? :p

Please. No Charles Haley jokes...

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2008/08/charles-haley-would-like-you-to-watch-him-masturbate.html

danefan
October 13th, 2008, 03:45 PM
I voted San Diego in at 24. They may be the Pioneer but they're still 6-0 (4-0)

I've asked another voter the same question (Putter) but no response yet (probably offline):

I hate to single you out , but you're one of the first to say you voted for San Diego.

Could you, or any other person who included San Diego in their ballot, care to explain why San Diego should be ranked?

You're not alone. I just don't get it at all.

Their FCS opponents have a combined record of 10-26 with only 4 FCS wins and 3 sub DI loses.

How have the shown they deserve to be ranked?

Rob Iola
October 13th, 2008, 06:01 PM
I've asked another voter the same question (Putter) but no response yet (probably offline):

I hate to single you out , but you're one of the first to say you voted for San Diego.

Could you, or any other person who included San Diego in their ballot, care to explain why San Diego should be ranked?

You're not alone. I just don't get it at all.

Their FCS opponents have a combined record of 10-26 with only 4 FCS wins and 3 sub DI loses.

How have the shown they deserve to be ranked?
I threw a vote their way - they're an FCS team that's 6-0. When I get to 20+ on the poll I tend to be swayed by gaudy records...

BDKJMU
October 13th, 2008, 08:50 PM
One flaw I see:

"6. Elon (1) 2172
7. Villanova (1) 2168
8. Richmond 1906"

It should read:
6: Nova
7: UR
8: Elon

(I'd actually have them #5, #6, and #7 behind JMU, ASU, Cal Poly, and UNI)

-When the #1 team plays the #5 team, it should be #5 losing in a close one if the polls have it right. Thats EXACTLY what what you had with JMU @ UR. Therefore, based on that, UR shouldn't have dropped ANY after losing to JMU.

-Nova should be ahead of UR, as they won head to head, and have only one loss, @ WVU.

-And there is no logical way Elon should remain ahead of UR when UR thumped Elon 28-10 AT Elon.

Therefore any polls should have regarding the order of Nova, UR, Elon:
-Nova
-UR
-Elon

And just as a disclaimer, my girlfriend is an Elon grad.

PantherRob82
October 13th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Through the power of TV, I have been fortunate to watch UMass, UNI, Liberty, JMU, Richmond, and NAU and Weber could hold their own against these teams. Just keep playing well and the Big Sky could see 3 teams in the post season. xsmiley_wix

I would guess we'll find out. My guess is that Weber or NAU will be headed our way for the Thanksgiving holiday, or maybe the Griz. Dreams comes true, right? ;)

CrunchGriz
October 13th, 2008, 10:23 PM
I would guess we'll find out. My guess is that Weber or NAU will be headed our way for the Thanksgiving holiday, or maybe the Griz. Dreams comes true, right? ;)

If (and that's still an if) the Griz make the playoffs, they won't be going anywhere for Thanksgiving weekend....

Money talks, and potentially 25,000 fans (only potentially because no playoff team draws a full house for the Thanksgiving weekend game) don't just talk, they scream to the NCAA "Pick me, pick me!"

Mustang Man
October 13th, 2008, 10:52 PM
I threw a vote their way - they're an FCS team that's 6-0. When I get to 20+ on the poll I tend to be swayed by gaudy records...

Almost 3000 posts on this board and you still feel San Diego should be ranked? Wow. At least AppGrad06 has an excuse, he just doesn't know better.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
October 13th, 2008, 11:14 PM

I've already explained this to you Rob, you are traveling to Missoula xsmiley_wix I'll make either game as long as I get to watch the Griz play in the playoffs.

Syntax Error
October 13th, 2008, 11:46 PM
One flaw I see:
"6. Elon (1) 2172
7. Villanova (1) 2168
8. Richmond 1906" ...A vote here or there changes the order, pretty much tied now.

putter
October 14th, 2008, 12:06 AM

It would be fun to find out. Actually, I like it when other Big Sky teams get a chance to go up against the FCS elite. The Big Sky has done well (not counting Montana) against top teams in the playoffs and has represented the conferece well. I don't know when people will wake up and shed the Big Fluff, but I guess, baby steps.

siuham
October 14th, 2008, 12:13 AM

Going off the current top 25...

Neither has UNI.
nor Cal Poly
nor App State
nor Massachusetts

Wofford has only beat #23 Georgia Southern, who was out of the top 25 the last two weeks.

McNeese St. has only beat #21 South Dakota State in Overtime.

Swing and a miss on that logic.

*note: not slamming the above teams, just disproving something.

Note on people flipping out about Elon being ahead of Richmond. Teams obviously can't get better or worse throughout a season. If the poll had to adhere with "this team ahead of this team due to head to head" it would fail miserably. Example: #12 SIU beat #5 UNI but lost to #20 NDSU.

FargoBison
October 14th, 2008, 01:13 AM
Fine I'll take it deeper then just top 25 wins...

-NAU hasn't even played a top 25 team
-The FCS teams they have beaten are a combined 9-15(no win over any teams with a better than .500 record)
-One of their wins is over a horrible DII school
-They did keep it respectable vs a 2-4 Arizona State team

Sorry but that is not a top 12 resume.

GolfingGriz
October 14th, 2008, 01:33 AM

But we like to play outside in December. JK, this would be a good game. Hope it comes about in the near future.

msupokes1
October 14th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Going off the current top 25...

Neither has UNI.
nor Cal Poly
nor App State
nor Massachusetts

Wofford has only beat #23 Georgia Southern, who was out of the top 25 the last two weeks.

McNeese St. has only beat #21 South Dakota State in Overtime.

Swing and a miss on that logic.

*note: not slamming the above teams, just disproving something.

Note on people flipping out about Elon being ahead of Richmond. Teams obviously can't get better or worse throughout a season. If the poll had to adhere with "this team ahead of this team due to head to head" it would fail miserably. Example: #12 SIU beat #5 UNI but lost to #20 NDSU.

UNI did beat #21 SDSU.

blackfordpu
October 14th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Ass Kicked? Mcneese lost by 3 points, but we did have to rally for that. xcoolx

That being said, UCA will continue to get more credit if they continue winning.. Even though they only have 1 loss, their early schedule was weaker than mcneese with no quality win in there till this past week and Mcneese lost to a much better FBS team in that comparision..

We will see how it works out in the end so quit using every post to bash Mcneese and whine about every little detail that doesn't mesh with your orange sky world! I hope your in huntsville this week so i can see what a whiner looks like!xbawlingx

Are you seriously saying that Texas State is superior competition when compared to Sam Houston?

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 14th, 2008, 09:20 AM
since he said FBS, i think he was comparing their FBS losses--UNC (who McNeese played and lost to) vs. Tulsa (who UCA played and lost to)...

then again, i may have no clue...

McNeese75
October 14th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Are you seriously saying that Texas State is superior competition when compared to Sam Houston?

I'm not sure what he meant but if Tx State shows up at your house like they did last Saturday, you better strap up. King Bomar is not a guarantee as you found out last week.

MSU_77
October 14th, 2008, 10:58 AM
I'm not sure what he meant but if Tx State shows up at your house like they did last Saturday, you better strap up. King Bomar is not a guarantee as you found out last week.

I don't know whether Tx St is capable of the same offensive output every game, but they were awesome last Saturday. If McNeese hadn't lost two fumbles inside the opponent's 2 yard line, the outcome would've been different, but no question the Bobcats' offensive dominance made a comeback very difficult. Tx St enjoyed a 10 minute advantage in TOP even though total offensive yardage was even. The defense needs to find a way to get at least some stops on third and long.

The Cowboys' road schedule for the remainder of conference play is very difficult with games at SHSU, SELA, NWSt and UCA. With defensive vulnerabilites exposed in the Tx St game, McNeese will probably need to win the remaining games with offensive dominance, which is not the preferred way to win. A three-peat of the SLC championship appears to be in doubt.