PDA

View Full Version : Weber State is That Good!!

Walkon79
October 13th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Bleeds Purple needs to start recruiting his fellow WSU fans to this board. I wanted to think that it was at least in part Grizzly hype since they got man-handled two weeks ago. Higgins, Smith, Toone and company, plus one of the best D's I've seen out of Ogden ever, made this Cat believe on Saturday.

An outright BSC championship is in sight for Weber State. (Can't believe I just said that!!) xbowx xbowx

Proud Griz Man
October 13th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Bleeds Purple needs to start recruiting his fellow WSU fans to this board. I wanted to think that it was at least in part Grizzly hype since they got man-handled two weeks ago. Higgins, Smith, Toone and company, plus one of the best D's I've seen out of Ogden ever, made this Cat believe on Saturday.

An outright BSC championship is in sight for Weber State. (Can't believe I just said that!!) xbowx xbowx

I was very impressed with Weber. They have a good shot, subject to the NAU game and avoiding injuries to key players.

Grizzaholic
October 13th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Walkon could very well be right on this matter.

AshevilleApp2
October 13th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Weber and Cal Poly. Two new threats from the west?

Grizzaholic
October 13th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Weber and Cal Poly. Two new threats from the west?

We will see what Weber St. does in the next 3 weeks. Cal Poly has been there for a few years but never seemed to get that finish down and got jipped a time or two from the selection commitee. They are going to be a good team down the stretch this year.

RabidRabbit
October 13th, 2008, 01:40 PM
We will see what Weber St. does in the next 3 weeks. Cal Poly has been there for a few years but never seemed to get that finish down and got jipped a time or two from the selection commitee. They are going to be a good team down the stretch this year.

Poly has had a bear of a time making it through the Dakota St. schools the last 2 years. That, and a bunch of 1 to 3 point losses have seen them sidelined.

Good news for Poly, is that they have ONLY SDSU (and not NDSU also) this year. Bad news, is a loss at SDSU leaves them needing to win out, including Wisconsin Badgers in the last week of the season to have 7 D-I wins.

gbhmt
October 13th, 2008, 01:43 PM

They're on their way. But I still think that NAU will give them a run for their money and EWU has still got it in them to shake things up.

already123
October 13th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Gotta love the Big Sky!

I Bleed Purple
October 13th, 2008, 03:27 PM
To be honest, despite having the better in conference wins, NAU has Weber at home so they're the front runners at the moment. I wouldn't rank them higher since UM, MSU, Sac St. is a better 3-0 than UNC, PSU, and Sac St.

I saw some accolades about our defense. Frankly it was better two years ago. Our offense though, is the best since Jamie Martin was the team in the early 90's. Maybe the best WSU O ever because of the balance. No weak point except maybe at TE since we play a converted WR there.

Down with the Foe!
October 13th, 2008, 03:56 PM
To be honest, despite having the better in conference wins, NAU has Weber at home so they're the front runners at the moment. I wouldn't rank them higher since UM, MSU, Sac St. is a better 3-0 than UNC, PSU, and Sac St.

I saw some accolades about our defense. Frankly it was better two years ago. Our offense though, is the best since Jamie Martin was the team in the early 90's. Maybe the best WSU O ever because of the balance. No weak point except maybe at TE since we play a converted WR there.

That is Nakamura?- Does not seem like a weakness to me. xoopsx

I Bleed Purple
October 13th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Bleeds Purple needs to start recruiting his fellow WSU fans to this board.

Only ones I've seen are the couple on bigskyfans. But they seem content with shouting slogans now. "We're good. We're great. We'll clean you right off the slate." Don't seem to talk actual football.

Although don't talk to them about that crook Abegglen and the rules he broke. They'll vilify you. xlolx

I Bleed Purple
October 13th, 2008, 04:01 PM
That is Nakamura?- Does not seem like a weakness to me. xoopsx

Passing game, of course not. He's admitted, though, that inside blocking assignments are still new to him and he'll struggle a bit with that. Plus he's undersized for his position. Makes him an impossible cover down the middle, sure, but the weakness is there.

Grizzaholic
October 13th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Keep your eye on the prize Weber St. UNC finally played a whole game and got a taste of winning.. Don't laugh at me. They have been close or leading and have given games away in the fourth or overtime this year. They will be ready, make sure you are. Look for UNC to keep it close.

I Bleed Purple
October 13th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Keep your eye on the prize Weber St. UNC finally played a whole game and got a taste of winning.. Don't laugh at me. They have been close or leading and have given games away in the fourth or overtime this year. They will be ready, make sure you are. Look for UNC to keep it close.
Same stuff was said last week and we came out focused. Plus, a good chunk of players remember two years ago getting up I think three scores in the fourth and having to play defense to win the game at the end.

EDIT: And don't tell me a win against ISU is enough. MSU got a win against ISU the week before. Actually. Now that I think of it. Scheduling fun. MSU played ISU then Weber the next week. UNC plays ISU and then Weber one week later. NAU plays ISU next week and Weber after that. PSU have the same schedule? Let's see. UM played Weber then EWU. MSU same schedule.

Creepy.