PDA

View Full Version : UofR Pumped in Fake Crowd Noise ?

JMU DUUUKES
October 13th, 2008, 08:38 AM
This is not smack, FYI. I think Richmond has classy loyal fans as I've lived there all my life. Both of them, opps. THAT SAID ...

There have been multiple confirmations that UR pumped in fake crowd noise audio clips all game long, and even THROUGH our drives. Now I know putting a mic on the student section is normal although frowned upon, but actually playing fake crowd audio clips on the PA ? LAME. There were also fake "DE-FENSE" chants on the PA that were heard as well.

Does anyone else in FCS do this sad trick? Again, I'm not even against mic'ing the student section, I'm surprisingly ok with that, but NOT ok with audio clips of fake crowd noise that even continue through the opponents drives.

But like I said, I wasn't there and this is purely hearsay, I'm willing to accept counter views, haha.

JMU2004
October 13th, 2008, 08:44 AM
I was there.

There was fake crowd nice, but as I stated on caazone, it usually stopped as both teams came to the line. UR had a vocal crowd anyway.....

Dukie95
October 13th, 2008, 08:48 AM
I didn't think it was as much fake crowd noise as it was a primer to jump-start the crowd. I don't recall it continuing once the players got to the line.

Lots of pro and college venues do similar things. Including JMU..don't we have a little 3rd down animation we run with sounds? Just becuase they don't have a screen to show clapping hands or display DE...FENSE doesn't make it any less acceptable.

Uncle Buck
October 13th, 2008, 08:48 AM
It would be tough for HU since nobody shows up. We would first have to add cardboard cutouts to fill the place. xnonono2x

JMU DUUUKES
October 13th, 2008, 08:49 AM
It would be tough for HU since nobody shows up. We would first have to add cardboard cutouts to fill the place. xnonono2x

Hahaha best post

Uncle Buck
October 13th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Hahaha best post

Our attendance has been...how do you say....xdeadhorsex

james_lawfirm
October 13th, 2008, 09:01 AM
This is not smack, FYI. I think Richmond has classy loyal fans as I've lived there all my life. Both of them, opps. THAT SAID ...

There have been multiple confirmations that UR pumped in fake crowd noise audio clips all game long, and even THROUGH our drives. Now I know putting a mic on the student section is normal although frowned upon, but actually playing fake crowd audio clips on the PA ? LAME. There were also fake "DE-FENSE" chants on the PA that were heard as well.

Does anyone else in FCS do this sad trick? Again, I'm not even against mic'ing the student section, I'm surprisingly ok with that, but NOT ok with audio clips of fake crowd noise that even continue through the opponents drives.

But like I said, I wasn't there and this is purely hearsay, I'm willing to accept counter views, haha.

I experienced the same "Fake Crowd Noise" coming through the PA at the JMU/ASU game. Interesting that you seem to be complaining that UR did it too. It seemed somewhat cheesy to me at the time.

???

JMU DUUUKES
October 13th, 2008, 09:04 AM
I experienced the same "Fake Crowd Noise" coming through the PA at the JMU/ASU game. Interesting that you seem to be complaining that UR did it too. It seemed somewhat cheesy to me at the time.

???

In 6 years of going to games I can honestly say I've NEVER heard crowd noise pumped in at a JMU home game. Not that you'd hear it anyways over the real crowd noise, but still I'm fairly sure thats inaccurate.

GannonFan
October 13th, 2008, 09:22 AM
I didn't think it was as much fake crowd noise as it was a primer to jump-start the crowd. I don't recall it continuing once the players got to the line.

Lots of pro and college venues do similar things. Including JMU..don't we have a little 3rd down animation we run with sounds? Just becuase they don't have a screen to show clapping hands or display DE...FENSE doesn't make it any less acceptable.

In 6 years of going to games I can honestly say I've NEVER heard crowd noise pumped in at a JMU home game. Not that you'd hear it anyways over the real crowd noise, but still I'm fairly sure thats inaccurate.

So which is it? One JMU fan says JMU does it and another said he's never heard it in 6 years.

Lots of places have PA assisted crowd noise. Heck, Appy St plays Hells Bells on 3rd down - is that cheesy too? I think you guys are making way too much of this, although I wasn't in Richmond on Sat so I can't be certain of that.

bandl
October 13th, 2008, 09:27 AM
So what. It didn't seem to have any effect on the JMU football players, so who cares. It's not as if the Richmond D was running around the field with bullhorns while they were pretty much shutting Landers down...

james_lawfirm
October 13th, 2008, 09:29 AM

There's no question in my mind that I heard it. I was sitting on the goal line, in the visitor section. The mike seemed to have been placed near the JMU band section, and it was left on even when the band was not playing. Thus, there was crowd noise piped through the PA.

Tribe4SF
October 13th, 2008, 09:32 AM

Some of you Dukes fans seem to live to belittle your opposition. If you weren't there, then why bother? xrolleyesx

JMU DUUUKES
October 13th, 2008, 09:38 AM
There's no question in my mind that I heard it. I was sitting on the goal line, in the visitor section. The mike seemed to have been placed near the JMU band section, and it was left on even when the band was not playing. Thus, there was crowd noise piped through the PA.

Noooooo, you misread. I said its not THAT uncommon to MIC crowd noise. I'm talking about pumping in audio clips. Like for an extreme example, say nobody showed up and they just put on a crowd CD. Haha. Even ACC teams MIC the fans, its fairly normal.

And there's nothing wrong with sound effects pre-drive either. I personally like something like hells bells right b4 a third down, etc, that adds excitement.

EmeryZach
October 13th, 2008, 09:42 AM

???

Completely back you up on this one.

JMU blasted a song by the band Korn over the PA every 3rd down for UMass during the game this year. During the play. I actually mentioned it to a JMU fan next to me at the game because I thought there was a rule against it. It was the Korn song that starts with the line "Are you ready!!"

I'm sorry but you JMU guys shouldn't be complaining about something you do as well. xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xmadx

GeeWiz
October 13th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Some of you Dukes fans seem to live to belittle your opposition.

I couldn't agree with you more.

Dukie95
October 13th, 2008, 09:49 AM

Actually, that's different. The band has their own mini PA system that points up to the band so the band members can hear verbal instructions on what to play. That wasn't the PA system for the entire stadium

Pitz
October 13th, 2008, 09:51 AM
I'm sorry but you JMU guys shouldn't be complaining about something you do as well.

Even worse, someone in Harrisonburg possesses an audio clip of Korn.

EmeryZach
October 13th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Actually, that's different. The band has their own mini PA system that points up to the band so the band members can hear verbal instructions on what to play. That wasn't the PA system for the entire stadium

No, you guys do it on 3rd down for the other team. Like I said before, you blasted a Korn song during every 3rd down for UMass during the game this year. If you missed it just listen during your next home game. Every 3rd down for the opposing team you blast the Korn song that starts with the line "Are you ready!!"

Col Hogan
October 13th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Completely back you up on this one.

JMU blasted a song by the band Korn over the PA every 3rd down for UMass during the game this year. During the play. I actually mentioned it to a JMU fan next to me at the game because I thought there was a rule against it. It was the Korn song that starts with the line "Are you ready!!"

I'm sorry but you JMU guys shouldn't be complaining about something you do as well. xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xmadx

Since this was brought up by a JMU fan, I'll break my silence...I didn't want to seem like a sore loser...

I sat in the visitors section right along the goal line, far end from the JMU band...and clearly heard sound from the PA system, even as UMass was calling signals...lots of folks commented on it...

So, if you are calling out Richmond...better check at home first...xcoffeex

Dukie95
October 13th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Let me be clear. I'm on the side of "Everyone does it, it shouldn't have been brought up here by JMU fans".

I was specifically talking about people hearing noises over the "PA" when sitting near the band. They have their own PA system that they use quite a bit, perhaps when teams are calling signals, but the speakers are at the bottom of the stands pointing upwards towards the band members.

Anyone seated near the band or in the endzone will no doubt hear that.

That is NOT the PA system for the entire stadium and I don't think that can be heard on the field. They've been doing that since I was in the band 15 years ago and if was a problem I'm sure it would have been addressed by now.

mcveyrl
October 13th, 2008, 10:05 AM
First of all, I don't know that any of this matters.

But, I'm confused on what we mean by "crowd noise."

If we're talking about 3rd down songs and noise and all that, I haven't been to a stadium that doesn't do that. But, I thought we were talking about JUST crowd noise consistently being pumped in. I don't know any team that does that (or would want to do that), and I wasn't at Richmond so I don't know anything about it.

mcveyrl
October 13th, 2008, 10:07 AM

Yea, you were hearing the band's PA system. Two or three speakers. It's mainly used for the drum major to talk to the band.

We don't mic the band over the main PA system, but we do play other rock music and clips over the PA.

JmuSkinsfan
October 13th, 2008, 10:11 AM
JMU has a new third down "song" that they play pre-snap. They usually cut it off before the snap ... and there isn't a huge drop in audio level because we are usually making a good amount of noise.

Richmond, on the other hand, literally played a CD of crowd noise almost every down. I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise and would have thought it was natural had there not been static pops from the speakers and had the audio level not completely fallen off the map when they cut it off. A lot of times it ran through the JMU plays, especially on the last touchdown drive.

There is a difference between micing the crowd and playing pre-snap music to pump the crowd up ... but to blatantly pump in audio from a CD over a crappy PA system is pretty dumb.

EmeryZach
October 13th, 2008, 10:23 AM
JMU has a new third down "song" that they play pre-snap. They usually cut it off before the snap ... and there isn't a huge drop in audio level because we are usually making a good amount of noise.

Richmond, on the other hand, literally played a CD of crowd noise almost every down. I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise and would have thought it was natural had there not been static pops from the speakers and had the audio level not completely fallen off the map when they cut it off. A lot of times it ran through the JMU plays, especially on the last touchdown drive.

There is a difference between micing the crowd and playing pre-snap music to pump the crowd up ... but to blatantly pump in audio from a CD over a crappy PA system is pretty dumb.

Umm... I don't want to sound like I'm trying to beat up on JMU here, because I like you guys, but the music coming over your PA did not stop before the snap. It continued until UMass snapped the ball, while UMass players were trying to hear the play and snap count. You are blatantly trying to get the other team to go offsides or get a delay of game. It is hypocritical to complain about noise coming from Richmond's PA. xnonox

South Carolina Duke
October 13th, 2008, 10:24 AM

???

Madison does not pump in fake noise. I too was at the JMU - App St. game. It may have #19 running back the 99 yard return you were hearing.

South Carolina Duke
October 13th, 2008, 10:30 AM
[QUOTE=Tribe4SF;1149217]Some of you Dukes fans seem to live to belittle your opposition. If you weren't there, then why bother? xrolleyesx[/QUOT

We will be sure to be nice and quiet for the Tribe when you come to Bridgeforth next month. SSHHH!

DB_Atlantic10
October 13th, 2008, 10:32 AM
To be honest, those were the most common of PA sounds (DEFENSE!!! and some CHEERING) I've heard in a while. They were played before big defensive stops and did not continue through the play. I really didn't think nothing of it...especially since the UR crowd only made noise when they scored or made a big play...which I found to be strange. UR needs this Bite since their fans did not harass JMU's offense or support the UR defense on big plays.......

At JMU we normally add the "GROWL" of the Duke Dog over the PA at times, and the third down sound, which to be quite honest, I hardly hear since I'm so focused on the game. But unlike UR, our fans are very loud to the opposing teams making it hard for offensive signal calls to be heard, not sure why UR did not take advantage of this. This is probably why JMU wins at UR, they never once made it hard for our offense to hear the calls. This could have been critical on the final drive. They were dead silent. Yet the visiting JMU crowd made three times as much noise on the UR offense making it almost a JMU home field advantage. I mean, how do you let the visiting team come into your house and harass your team and you don't respond.......xnonono2x

But in light of this post, the PS crowd sound from the UR system was innocent at best. I can tell you this, the UR crowd is definitely not anything like the "JMU Nation".... They needed those PA sounds since their crowd was quite docile when it really counted. Also there was purple from Endzone to Endzone on the visiting side. So the Spiders were harassed constantly on their own field.....shame shame shamexnonono2x

Eight Legger
October 13th, 2008, 10:34 AM
The only "fake" crowd noise that we played was to build up the crowd at certain points in the game and was clearly identifiable as coming from the PA system....It was not designed to trick anyone into thinking anything different. It's no different than what plenty of other schools and sports teams do when they want the crowd to get into it at certain points.

That said, there was no need for it, because where I was sitting we pretty much drowned it out anyway. Our fans made plenty of noise on their own.

As for the microphone set up on our side, it was a bad effort by our administration to appease certain fans who have been asking for microphones to lead cheers in the crowd (something I would support). Instead, what we got was some hired gun who had no enthusiasm and came across terribly on the PA system. It was pointless, and those of us in the stands drowned that guy out too.

Eight Legger
October 13th, 2008, 10:36 AM
To be honest, those were the most common of PA sounds (DEFENSE!!! and some CHEERING) I've heard in a while. They were played before big defensive stops and did not continue through the play. I really didn't think nothing of it...especially since the UR crowd only made noise when they scored or made a big play...which I found to be strange. UR needs this Bite since their fans did not harass JMU's offense or support the UR defense on big plays.......

At JMU we normally add the "GROWL" of the Duke Dog over the PA at times, and the third down sound, which to be quite honest, I hardly hear since I'm so focused on the game. But unlike UR, our fans are very loud to the opposing teams making it hard for offensive signal calls to be heard, not sure why UR did not take advantage of this. This is probably why JMU wins at UR, they never once made it hard for our offense to hear the calls. This could have been critical on the final drive. They were dead silent. Yet the visiting JMU crowd made three times as much noise on the UR offense making it almost a JMU home field advantage. I mean, how do you let the visiting team come into your house and harass your team and you don't respond.......xnonono2x

But in light of this post, the PS crowd sound from the UR system was innocent at best. I can tell you this, the UR crowd is definitely not anything like the "JMU Nation".... They needed those PA sounds since their crowd was quite docile when it really counted. Also there was purple from Endzone to Endzone on the visiting side. So the Spiders were harassed constantly on their own field.....shame shame shamexnonono2x

Were you even at this game?? Our crowd made plenty of noise throughout the game. Ask some JMU fans who sat on our side. I think you arrived at your conclusion because sound doesn't carry so well given the shape of our stadium. I could tell the JMU fans were cheering at various points too, but it didn't sound very loud on our side either.

mcveyrl
October 13th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Were you even at this game?? Our crowd made plenty of noise throughout the game. Ask some JMU fans who sat on our side. I think you arrived at your conclusion because sound doesn't carry so well given the shape of our stadium. I could tell the JMU fans were cheering at various points too, but it didn't sound very loud on our side either.

It sounded very loud on the highlights I saw. I also saw a lot of red in the stands...

The stadium is not conducive to "across the field" cheering.

EmeryZach
October 13th, 2008, 10:43 AM
This is the song that JMU plays during the opposing teams 3rd down. Korn's "Blind". The part when it gets really loud and goes "Are you ready!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvXJd-IFthg

And don't say they only play it before they get to the line, because they play it all the way up until the ball is snapped by the opposing team.

I know I am repeating myself here but some of the JMU fans here, not all, don't seem to want to believe that they do it.

DB_Atlantic10
October 13th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Were you even at this game?? Our crowd made plenty of noise throughout the game. Ask some JMU fans who sat on our side. I think you arrived at your conclusion because sound doesn't carry so well given the shape of our stadium. I could tell the JMU fans were cheering at various points too, but it didn't sound very loud on our side either. I did't say you didn't make noise, it was how and when you made the noise. Your fans never once harassed the JMU team on key plays, you mainly cheered when UR made first downs, had long runs or scored. But your fan base did not raise a note when JMU had the ball....big difference. UR needs to create a homefield advantage. I was sitting there watching JMU run plays and there was nothing from the UR side. This is a big difference than at JMU games. We will not let another offense run plays without giving them difficulty hearing. Ask the UMass and APP St. fans, you can not hear on the field at JMU.....

South Carolina Duke
October 13th, 2008, 10:47 AM
The only "fake" crowd noise that we played was to build up the crowd at certain points in the game and was clearly identifiable as coming from the PA system....It was not designed to trick anyone into thinking anything different. It's no different than what plenty of other schools and sports teams do when they want the crowd to get into it at certain points.

That said, there was no need for it, because where I was sitting we pretty much drowned it out anyway. Our fans made plenty of noise on their own.

As for the microphone set up on our side, it was a bad effort by our administration to appease certain fans who have been asking for microphones to lead cheers in the crowd (something I would support). Instead, what we got was some hired gun who had no enthusiasm and came across terribly on the PA system. It was pointless, and those of us in the stands drowned that guy out too.

Eight Legger, Welcome back!

It was a good game on both sides. Your offensive line do a great job.

But the area to improve in is the boom box you have playing. UN-PLUG the "band".

Eight Legger
October 13th, 2008, 10:49 AM
I did't say you didn't make noise, it was how and when you made the noise. Your fans never once harassed the JMU team on key plays, you mainly cheered when UR made first downs, had long runs or scored. But your fan base did not raise a note when JMU had the ball....big difference. UR needs to create a homefield advantage. I was sitting there watching JMU run plays and there was nothing from the UR side. This is a big difference than at JMU games. We will not let another offense run plays without giving them difficulty hearing. Ask the UMass and APP St. fans, you can not hear on the field at JMU.....

Well, we have a group of a few dozen in my section that makes a lot of noise on every play, home and road. I don't dispute whether or not you could hear us, but don't make blanket statements that "no one" on our side was making any noise. I think anyone who watched the game in person or on TV could tell that both sides made plenty of noise throughout the game, regardless of who had the ball.

As for creating a homefield advantage, that's why we are building an 8,700 seat stadium on campus. We'll sell that place out, it will be much smaller and louder and there will be fewer visiting team fans there.

alexale23
October 13th, 2008, 10:56 AM
The fake noise always stopped at the appropriate time. Every stadium in the country plays something between plays. The noise was more to try to get UR people to make more noise. I have no problem with it. Every stadium does things to get the crowd hype. There would be a problem if they kept the noise going while the play was going on.

DB_Atlantic10
October 13th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Well, we have a group of a few dozen in my section that makes a lot of noise on every play, home and road. I don't dispute whether or not you could hear us, but don't make blanket statements that "no one" on our side was making any noise. I think anyone who watched the game in person or on TV could tell that both sides made plenty of noise throughout the game, regardless of who had the ball. OK...... if you say so. I could here the UR crowd loud and clearly, but only when you made big plays.... My blanket statement was that you don't make noise when it counts. Someone from the UR marketing and gameday staff needs to get on the horn to JMU and find a way to create a game day environment. Everyone cheers on first downs and touch downs....

alexale23
October 13th, 2008, 11:00 AM
OK...... if you say so. I could here the UR crowd loud and clearly, but only when you made big plays.... My blanket statement was that you don't make noise when it counts. Someone from the UR marketing and gameday staff needs to get on the horn to JMU and find a way to create a game day environment. Everyone cheers on first downs and touch downs....

That will come when they have a better stadium. Richmond is not the best sports town but with a new stadium locals who dont usually go to games will bring their kids and come. Spiders already have a good product on the field. When they get the new stadium more people will come to support them.

bluehenbillk
October 13th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Maybe its a CAA thing. The referee in the UD-UMass game had to call the press box to tell them to cut the sound effects once UD's offense got to the line.

james_lawfirm
October 13th, 2008, 11:10 AM

Yeah, it was too. I was halfway around the stadium, else I could not have heard it.

MacThor
October 13th, 2008, 11:46 AM
It wasn't pumped-in crowd noise, it was a lame-o mic'd up cheerleader. I was sitting section F row C right in front of one of the speakers. I personally wish all stadiums would do away with this nonsense.

I've been to a lot of UR home games over the years, and I actually think this was one of our best crowds ever. Of course there were a ton of JMU fans, as expected, but it was a terrific environment. I wonder if UR's crowd would have been better if it hadn't been fall break and half the student body wasn't out of town? If only they'd coordinate the academic schedule better with big rivalry games. :)

UR Stadium has always been a problem because UR's student body is too small for the big, straight home side. The low, curved visitors side also means the screaming from opposing fans gets focused onto the field. People cheering from the upper rows on the home side might as well not bother since there's nothing to reflect their cheers onto the field. I mean, what genius designs a stadium so that the visiting team's fans get to sit behind both goalposts?

Finally, it's always ticked me off that when our home games are televised, the camera crews never even venture to the home sideline. When I went home and watched my recording of the game on CSN, every time they returned from a commercial they were showing closeups of JMU fan sections.

URMite
October 13th, 2008, 12:09 PM
OK...... if you say so. I could here the UR crowd loud and clearly, but only when you made big plays.... My blanket statement was that you don't make noise when it counts. Someone from the UR marketing and gameday staff needs to get on the horn to JMU and find a way to create a game day environment. Everyone cheers on first downs and touch downs....

Actually it might be that we have too many people with low football IQs. On TDs & 1st downs, we have organized cheers so you hear us. The rest of the time, everyone is doing something different, so it is just static. And it is the same whether we are on off or def xoopsx , if it is a big play coming up, everyone tries to get loud.

The piped in Defense, with crowd background is to try to get everyone on the same page. So is the opp 3rd down bells,...so is the mic'd up Barry Manilow sound alike (was he up in the press box? never saw him.) None of it is to replace crowd noise but to encourage it.

putter
October 13th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Montana has started to play music in between plays too and, sometimes, they play it a little too long. Actually, I find it very annoying. We just like to let our fans make some real noise.

paward
October 13th, 2008, 12:46 PM
It does not matter what happen in respect to Richmond, some JMU fans will complain about it no matter what. It was a great game and great win for JMU. One would think that is enough not to complain about the amostphere. As I have said in other post maybe one day we will be the fans that some JMU posters want us to be. For now we are pleased with what we do have that is a faithful base and a good team. Our numbers are not as good as others but the ones that show up week after week are committed.

james_lawfirm
October 13th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Yea, you were hearing the band's PA system. Two or three speakers. It's mainly used for the drum major to talk to the band.

We don't mic the band over the main PA system, but we do play other rock music and clips over the PA.

The speaker above the visitor's section, which is above the visitor's band, is the one I heard with said "crowd noise". There is no possible way the JMU band could benefit from said noise coming from said speaker. The JMU band is on the plumb other end of the stadium. So, it sounded to me like it was in the main PA system.

I thought it was rather odd at the time. And, only commented after a JMU fan was complaining about Richmond's setup. The pot/kettle argument.

mcveyrl
October 13th, 2008, 01:03 PM
The speaker above the visitor's section, which is above the visitor's band, is the one I heard with said "crowd noise". There is no possible way the JMU band could benefit from said noise coming from said speaker. The JMU band is on the plumb other end of the stadium. So, it sounded to me like it was in the main PA system.

I thought it was rather odd at the time. And, only commented after a JMU fan was complaining about Richmond's setup. The pot/kettle argument.

Oh. I was thinking you were in the other endzone.

Either way, I'm a band alum and still keep in touch with the higher ups. We would be embarrassed if the band went through the PA.

Either way, does it matter?

purplepeopleeaterv2
October 13th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Can this thread just die? I mean seriously there are more interesting things to talk about on this forum. (yes relatively new post long time lurker)

james_lawfirm
October 13th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Oh. I was thinking you were in the other endzone.

Either way, I'm a band alum and still keep in touch with the higher ups. We would be embarrassed if the band went through the PA.

Either way, does it matter?

Does it matter? Nope.

Can we discuss it ad infinitum? Yep.

Is the pot calling the kettle black?

Can pigs fly? OK, next thread.

mcveyrl
October 13th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Does it matter? Nope.

Can we discuss it ad infinitum? Yep.

Is the pot calling the kettle black?

Can pigs fly? OK, next thread.

Just to keep this going. All I started out doing was looking for clarification. I've got no problem with cheers and other crowd encouraging things going over the PA system.

Tribe4SF
October 13th, 2008, 02:20 PM
[QUOTE=Tribe4SF;1149217]Some of you Dukes fans seem to live to belittle your opposition. If you weren't there, then why bother? xrolleyesx[/QUOT

We will be sure to be nice and quiet for the Tribe when you come to Bridgeforth next month. SSHHH!

Sheesh, another one.xrolleyesx

bandl
October 13th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Ahem....it's time to break out one of my oldies, but goodies...

DIE, THREAD, DIE!!!!

xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx

ur2k
October 13th, 2008, 02:31 PM
It was a great atmosphere for both schools. JMU was plenty loud and the UR crowd was pretty into as well. I know this for a fact because it's now Monday and I still can barely talk we yelled so much on Saturday. Most JMU fans at the game seemed like good people (shocking considering some of the message board postersxsmiley_wix )and there was plenty of good-natured ribbing going on all day long. It was a great day for football, let's just accept that and move on.

blur2005
October 13th, 2008, 02:40 PM
I was on the Richmond side the first half of the game and was laughing at the attempts by the PA to get a defense chant going or pump up the crowd. If you're going to chant "DE-FENSE" to get the crowd going, make sure to do it with some enthusiasm and not something of a monotone.

UR cut off the audio before the snaps, though, so nothing to get mad about there. More than anything, it was amusing.

jus10asu
October 13th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Needless to say we don't have this problem at Kidd Brewer.xcoffeex