PDA

View Full Version : Who IS #1 (dont ask the APP 4)

alexale23
October 12th, 2008, 08:47 PM
well 4 people picked APP last week
Have the APP 4 minds been changed?

theasushow
October 12th, 2008, 09:04 PM
shouldnt this thread read:

Who IS #1? (anybody that doesnt choose JMU will be criticized and ridiculed)

It is a good question though, a lot of people thought Alabama might take the number 1 spot. But Texas edged them out.

South Carolina Duke
well 4 people picked APP last week
Have the APP 4 minds been changed?

I believe everyone should know by now who is #1.
Great game and great win for the Dukes of JMU.

Saint3333
Week 7 of the season, it really doesn't matter. All the doubt will be erased 12/19/08.

alexale23
October 12th, 2008, 09:06 PM
This thread was not posted in the smack forum for a reason. i didnt ridicule anyone. I simple ask if you think the APP 4 will vote APP #1 again or if JMU's victory over #5 UR change their minds? Considerin thats wins over #1,#3and #5 team this year.

Cleets
October 12th, 2008, 09:07 PM
The key is to be in the running right now... (1 thru 16)

xpeacex

Appguy
October 12th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Well it wasn't us homers who basically all (no app #1s) voted JMU #1 on this board so why mention it - http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49059
its the sportsnetwork poll, which we can't control. Besides, I don't know why Richmond's idiotic decision to not pooch punt it (I think, I didnt see it) should change their mind, especially since we also won.

PS - like 90% of your posts should be on the smack board alexale23

theasushow
October 12th, 2008, 09:08 PM
then why cant the app 4 be asked??

for the record i think jmu is the clear number 1.

alexale23
October 12th, 2008, 09:09 PM
true even though it seems at least 3 teams in the top 16 are left out every year

Cleets
October 12th, 2008, 09:10 PM
then why cant the app 4 be asked??

for the record i think jmu is the clear number 1.

Cleaner..? What other team could possibly be ranked above them..? xeyebrowx

~

alexale23
October 12th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Well it wasn't us homers, its the sportsnetwork poll, which we can't control. Besides, I don't know why Richmond's idiotic decision to not pooch punt it (I think, I didnt see it) should change their mind, especially since we also won.

well i would say 95 -98 percent should be smack. This was not meant to be but it seems like no matter anything i say on this board people feel they need to challenge me and turn it into a smack off

alexale23
October 12th, 2008, 09:12 PM

~

I know JMU is the consensus #1 the question was directed more to the 4 voters for APP

theasushow
October 12th, 2008, 09:13 PM

~

i have no idea....so whats the point of this thread?

Cleets
October 12th, 2008, 09:14 PM
i have no idea....so whats the point of this thread?

Why are people not picking the obvious 1# (what possible reason could they have) is the question (I guess)

~

alexale23
October 12th, 2008, 09:14 PM
why dont u read the original question again

Reign of Terrier
October 12th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Just to be annoying I'll say Wofford goes 3-0 the next 3 weeks, beats App by 7, and leapfrogs JMU for the #1 spot:D

South Carolina Duke
October 12th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Well it wasn't us homers who basically all (no app #1s) voted JMU #1 on this board so why mention it - http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49059
its the sportsnetwork poll, which we can't control. Besides, I don't know why Richmond's idiotic decision to not pooch punt it (I think, I didnt see it) should change their mind, especially since we also won.

UR #90 pooched every kick all game. Understandable, I guess considering. However, they were inside their own 20 they had to try to get the ball as far away as possible.

alexale23
October 12th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Just to be annoying I'll say Wofford goes 3-0 the next 3 weeks, beats App by 7, and leapfrogs JMU for the #1 spot:D

Wofford APP will be good. IS it gonna be on tv

South Carolina Duke
October 12th, 2008, 09:19 PM
[QUOTE=youngterrier;1148661]Just to be annoying I'll say Wofford goes 3-0 the next 3 weeks, beats App by 7, and leapfrogs JMU for the #1 spot:D[/QUOT

Could be construed as annoying to App State fans. Laughable to the Dukes.

Appguy
October 12th, 2008, 09:20 PM
UR #90 pooched every kick all game. Understandable, I guess considering. However, they were inside their own 20 they had to try to get the ball as far away as possible.
Interesting, Was their punter not good or just avoiding him I wonder. They really should have just found a way to run a really long play a la the last JMU play against App with the fake offensive play that ends up being a punt into no return man to end it/go to OT....or just punt it out of bounds like hes supposed to against good return men

ESPN 2!!! Friday night Helloween game

theasushow
October 12th, 2008, 09:20 PM
well i cant speak for the "app 4" because i am not one of them. but if i had to guess i would say that.
1. asu is 3 times champs
2. preseason number 1
3. lost 2 games to division powerhouses.
4. have the best qb in the nation
5. have the hardest games at home this year.
6. are in the top 10 in the nation in yards per game, points scored, and rushing offense.

those are probably all reasons that came into the play when those 4 first place votes were cast.

alexale23
October 12th, 2008, 09:23 PM
oh snap espn 2 thats sweet

Accordin to mike london UR coach he was suppose to not kick it to him at all. Which means out of bounds.

South Carolina Duke
October 12th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Interesting, Was their punter not good or just avoiding him I wonder. They really should have just found a way to run a really long play a la the last JMU play against App with the fake offensive play that ends up being a punt into no return man to end it/go to OT....or just punt it out of bounds like hes supposed to against good return men

ESPN 2!!! Friday night Helloween game

He was instructed to not kick to Scotty at all! Evidence, every kick off was a pooch. UR's kicking game was like watching Dean Smith's Four corners offense. Effective but boooooring!

Appguy
October 12th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Accordin to mike london UR coach he was suppose to not kick it to him at all. Which means out of bounds.

exactly, that last one shoulda been OB, even if it gave them the ball for one second out of field goal range. but heck, hindsight is 20/20

yoself09
October 12th, 2008, 09:47 PM

see my sig for info

it's on the duce

ur2k
October 12th, 2008, 10:07 PM
He was instructed to not kick to Scotty at all! Evidence, every kick off was a pooch. UR's kicking game was like watching Dean Smith's Four corners offense. Effective but boooooring!

There was pressure so Radford just had to get the punt off and it went right to the returner. We avoided him all game so it's not like that strategy went out the window at the end of the game.

South Carolina Duke
October 12th, 2008, 10:33 PM
It was a good game. UR offensive line gave the QB lots of time.

DSUrocks07
October 13th, 2008, 07:19 AM
i didnt ridicule anyone.

xeekx

th0m
October 13th, 2008, 07:33 AM
well i cant speak for the "app 4" because i am not one of them. but if i had to guess i would say that.
1. asu is 3 times champs
2. preseason number 1
3. lost 2 games to division powerhouses.
4. have the best qb in the nation
5. have the hardest games at home this year.
6. are in the top 10 in the nation in yards per game, points scored, and rushing offense.

those are probably all reasons that came into the play when those 4 first place votes were cast.

All of which would (should) be trumped by the direct loss to JMU. I understand you didn't vote ASU #1, but those arguments are all second to the result of our game.

th0m
October 13th, 2008, 07:34 AM
see my sig for info

it's on the duce

Doesn't say anywhere in your sig its on the Deuce xconfusedx

Unless the two missing teeth in the skull signify ESPN2?

appfan2008
October 13th, 2008, 07:38 AM
it is on ESPN 2 and has been for months check their website...
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/schedules?week=10&season=2&year=2008&groupId=81

appfan2008
October 13th, 2008, 07:39 AM
by the way... dont know why you are looking for the 4 app voters here... they didnt occur in the ags poll!!!

elon77
October 13th, 2008, 07:45 AM

Woffy might go 2-1 in the next three weeks. Elon will be where they loose.
It will be a good game though.xthumbsupx

th0m
October 13th, 2008, 08:07 AM
it is on ESPN 2 and has been for months check their website...
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/schedules?week=10&season=2&year=2008&groupId=81

I believe you ;)

appfan2008
October 13th, 2008, 08:11 AM

that is not like an elon fan to spell that word wrong!

Reign of Terrier
October 13th, 2008, 08:50 AM

We shall see, very confidant Elon fan.

Yosef84
October 13th, 2008, 09:37 AM
shouldnt this thread read:

Who IS #1? (anybody that doesnt choose JMU will be criticized and ridiculed)

It is a good question though, a lot of people thought Alabama might take the number 1 spot. But Texas edged them out.

I can't really argue with JMU's #1 ranking. They deserve it. At this point in the season, they're playing better than anyone else and they've won some big games already....including the one over App (as much as I hate saying that). I'm far from giving up on my Mountaineers. I think we've got as much or more potential as anyone in the FCS, but we're still in the experience curve. Although I firmly believe that we will be in the thick of the hunt again this year, JMU deserves the ranking until they lose it on the field.

BarefootApp
October 13th, 2008, 10:11 AM
I think JMU is #1 until they lose. And I think ASU is the team to beat in the playoffs until someone knocks them off. How's that?

alexale23
October 13th, 2008, 10:17 AM
thats a fair assement

Edge316007
October 13th, 2008, 10:41 AM
I think JMU is #1...

...but the possible reason some people voted App #1 is probably because they feel they would beat JMU on a neutral field. That's how polls are when comparing two teams.

South Carolina Duke
October 13th, 2008, 10:52 AM
I think JMU is #1...

...but the possible reason some people voted App #1 is probably because they feel they would beat JMU on a neutral field. That's how polls are when comparing two teams.

By neutral you mean in Boone last November on the 9 yd line with 22 seconds to play. Madison's offense has 130 more yards of offence. Please!

BarefootApp
October 13th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Fumbles are part of the game....we found that out at your place.....

alexale23
October 13th, 2008, 10:57 AM
I would trade our fumble for yours any day of the week

AshevilleApp2
October 13th, 2008, 10:59 AM
I would trade our fumble for yours any day of the week

I wouldn't.

Edge316007
October 13th, 2008, 11:07 AM
By neutral you mean in Boone last November on the 9 yd line with 22 seconds to play. Madison's offense has 130 more yards of offence. Please!

Remind me, what was the final score?

But that was last year anyway.

I'd be interested to see who would win if the game was played in, say, Chattanooga (though that's not exactly neutral, I guess).

alexale23
October 13th, 2008, 11:13 AM
will be nice if we are opposite sides of the bracket and that game happens.

Im sure even if the one of us loses and drops in the poles the committee will do what they can to make that game happen.

Im lookin forward to an easy 1st round game this year instead of some crap. I think Jmu was 8 and YSU was 6 two years ago. something like that.
Anyway Im lookin forward to Hampton coming to town this year or Del st. or some cupcake we can crush.

South Carolina Duke
October 13th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Remind me, what was the final score?

But that was last year anyway.

I'd be interested to see who would win if the game was played in, say, Chattanooga (though that's not exactly neutral, I guess).

Two weeks ago it was 35-32. Or have you tried to block that out.

Like the coaches described the two teams. If JMU and App play 10 times, it would be 5 and 5.

alexale23
October 13th, 2008, 11:23 AM
well we gonna need another 1 in CHATTY its looking like. That game is going to be nuts if it happens.

Ill be at the Marriott if anyone wants to come by and get Fd up

Edge316007
October 13th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Two weeks ago it was 35-32. Or have you tried to block that out.

Like the coaches described the two teams. If JMU and App play 10 times, it would be 5 and 5.

I was referring to the playoff game :D

But yeah, that's what I was getting at. I think it's more of a toss-up in some minds despite the direct win JMU has. I don't think it's a case of homerism.

You can have the win 2 weeks ago, I am hoping for a win in the playoffs should APP make it.

If it comes down to a playoff game between the two teams I would probably rather have suffered the loss like APP did than the win like JMU did.

I don't know...it's possible that loss may mean a trip to Harrisburg in the semi-finals if App loses another.

lizrdgizrd
October 13th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Let's face it, between JMU and App it's obvious that they're well matched. The last two games have been decided by a total of 4 points. I think an argument could be made for App over JMU for #1. I'm not going to make it, but it's not unreasonable. xpeacex

South Carolina Duke
October 13th, 2008, 11:27 AM
You can have the win 2 weeks ago, I am hoping for a win in the playoffs should APP make it.

If it comes down to a playoff game between the two teams I would probably rather have suffered the loss like APP did than the win like JMU did.

You would rather be outscored 35-11 in 30 minutes and lose. Than put together a strategy and win after being down 21-0.

Remember it was a 10 point game JMU leading deep into the 4th quarter.

South Carolina Duke
October 13th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Let's face it, between JMU and App it's obvious that they're well matched. The last two games have been decided by a total of 4 points. I think an argument could be made for App over JMU for #1. I'm not going to make it, but it's not unreasonable. xpeacex

Just curious, on what basis?

lizrdgizrd
October 13th, 2008, 11:29 AM

I just told you I'm not going to make that argument. xcoffeex

South Carolina Duke
October 13th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I was referring to the playoff game :D

But yeah, that's what I was getting at. I think it's more of a toss-up in some minds despite the direct win JMU has. I don't think it's a case of homerism.

I don't know...it's possible that loss may mean a trip to Harrisburg in the semi-finals if App loses another.

If App St. stays keeps the status quo and JMU does the same, the loss will mean a great deal. That is when we will see if the selection committee has a bias or not!

But if JMU drops a game, unfortunatley we would have to travel.

South Carolina Duke
October 13th, 2008, 11:34 AM

I hear what you are saying, but I am just curious on what doubt is lingering in the back of your head? There has to be a reason or you would not have said it.xpeacex

yosef1969
October 13th, 2008, 11:56 AM
If App St. stays keeps the status quo and JMU does the same, the loss will mean a great deal. That is when we will see if the selection committee has a bias or not!

But if JMU drops a game, unfortunatley we would have to travel.

If both win out (which I highly doubt for either team) the loss likely wouldn't matter at all, I think they'd be on opposite sides of the bracket and set up to meet in Chatty. NAU and McNeese could muck that up if they were to win out (again unlikely).

MacThor
October 13th, 2008, 11:58 AM
I'd just like to see App St forced to play one road playoff game. Having guaranteed home field advantage no matter how you get into the playoffs seems a little off.

Yes, they deserve all three championships.

lizrdgizrd
October 13th, 2008, 12:00 PM
I'd just like to see App St forced to play one road playoff game. Having guaranteed home field advantage no matter how you get into the playoffs seems a little off.

I do hope you'd have the same feelings towards Montana...xeyebrowx

South Carolina Duke
October 13th, 2008, 12:11 PM
I do hope you'd have the same feelings towards Montana...xeyebrowx

I would like to see APP have to travel. It makes all the difference.

JMU is the only team to travel on each game and win a Nat'l Title.

theasushow
October 13th, 2008, 12:26 PM
thats the reward for putting 30,000 butts in the seats. we DID travel to chatty 3 years in a row.xthumbsupx

yosef1969
October 13th, 2008, 12:41 PM

They were set up to travel last year but the chips fell for them every step of the way (Thanks to EWU and Wofford!).

Championships require luck on occasion too.

South Carolina Duke
October 13th, 2008, 12:45 PM
They were set up to travel last year but the chips fell for them every step of the way (Thanks to EWU and Wofford!).

Championships require luck on occasion too.

It's good to hear someone atleast that!

Wofford got the short end last year. I still haven't understood that. But they traveled well. Just UR won in a very ugly and boring offensive game in S-burg last year.

alexale23
October 13th, 2008, 01:51 PM
WELL

The "APP 4" is now the "APP 1"

Wow this guy need to explain this

WVAPPmountaineer
October 13th, 2008, 03:22 PM
I don't think anyone in this poll on this board gave APP any 1st place votes - Not sure what you are referring to? - I am an APP fan and voter and JMU is CLEARLY the #1 team in the country ---

yosef1969
October 13th, 2008, 03:43 PM
WELL

The "APP 4" is now the "Nova 1 and Elon 1"

Wow these guys need to explain this

Fixed it for you, and yes, they do.