Ivy League - Week 5 Games

Saturday, October 18th
Holy Cross at DARTMOUTH, 12:30 pm
Lehigh at HARVARD, 12:30 pm (NESN)
BROWN at PRINCETON, 1:00 pm
COLUMBIA at PENN, 1:00 pm
Colgate at CORNELL, 1:00 pm
YALE at Fordham, 1:00 pm

GAME OF THE WEEK: Brown at Princeton. The Bears and Tigers are both off to a 1-0 start in the Ivy. This could be a high scoring affair at Princeton Stadium.

DUD OF THE WEEK: Holy Cross at Dartmouth. I know the Big Green have been hit hard with injuries, but even if they were healthy, they'd still be 0-5. The Crusaders shouldn't have to worry about sweating this one out in the fourth quarter.

PREDICTIONS: Last week I was 5-1 (I picked Brown to beat HC) and improved to 20-6 on the year. This week I'm picking Holy Cross, Harvard, Brown, Penn, Colgate and Yale.

bulldog10jw
October 12th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Holy Cross, Harvard, Princeton, Penn, Cornell, and Yale.

Ivytalk
October 12th, 2008, 08:38 PM

Sounds right to me!xthumbsupx

brownbear
October 12th, 2008, 09:38 PM

Switch Princeton out, and I agree with you both.

I think we get back on track and pick up a win this week.

bulldog10jw
October 12th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Switch Princeton out, and I agree with you both.

I think we get back on track and pick up a win this week.

I hope you do. xthumbsupx

bonarae
October 13th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Holy Cross at DARTMOUTH, 12:30 pm - HC by 24
Lehigh at HARVARD, 12:30 pm (NESN) - Harvard by 10
BROWN at PRINCETON, 1:00 pm - Brown by 6 (close)
COLUMBIA at PENN, 1:00 pm - Penn by 11
Colgate at CORNELL, 1:00 pm - Cornell by 14
YALE at Fordham, 1:00 pm - Yale by 9

The Ivy League needs to diversify their opponents IMO, starting with the open dates they currently have at the moment.

dawwggboy
October 13th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Lehigh at HARVARD, 12:30 pm - LEHIGH by 10
BROWN at PRINCETON, 1:00 pm - Princeton by 7
Colgate at CORNELL, 1:00 pm - Colgate by 12
YALE at Fordham, 1:00 pm - Yale by 3

bulldog10jw
October 13th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Lehigh at HARVARD, 12:30 pm - LEHIGH by 10
BROWN at PRINCETON, 1:00 pm - Princeton by 7
Colgate at CORNELL, 1:00 pm - Colgate by 12
YALE at Fordham, 1:00 pm - Yale by 3

Lehigh by 10 AT Harvard. I'd be shocked.

Colgate by 12 AT Cornell. Not shocked, but certainly mildly surprised.

YaleFootballFan
October 13th, 2008, 07:46 PM
The Ivy League needs to diversify their opponents IMO, starting with the open dates they currently have at the moment.

I totally agree, but until the Ivy starts playing an 11 game schedule, we're stuck with playing the same teams year in and year out.

It seems only Princeton has been scheduling non-traditional OOC opponents like Hampton, The Citadel, etc.

ngineer
October 13th, 2008, 11:52 PM
On paper Harvard should be favored by at least two scores. Lehigh's defense needs to keep up the pressure on Pizzotti as they did on Skelton of Fordham (5 sacks and a number of hurries, forcing two intentional groundings), otherwise he'll eat our young secondary alive. Offense showed alot of aggressive play and hopefully keeps it up. I would expect a score like 31-24. This series has been very competitive over the years and I expect nothing less this Saturday.

Harvard Worship
October 17th, 2008, 08:23 PM
On paper Harvard should be favored by at least two scores. Lehigh's defense needs to keep up the pressure on Pizzotti as they did on Skelton of Fordham (5 sacks and a number of hurries, forcing two intentional groundings), otherwise he'll eat our young secondary alive. Offense showed alot of aggressive play and hopefully keeps it up.

Pizzotti's been awfully impressive this year, especially in light of the injuries to the receiving core. I suppose what I'm saying is that I figure your strategy is sound, but let's see you do it. From what I read, Lehigh should have some momentum after last week's big 4th Q, but remember that Harvard left last year's game (last-minute win on a fumble!?) with a real sick feeling they won't soon forget. I think this has the makings of another great game.

Here are my predictions for tomorrow, may it please the football gods that they not be proven as unenlightened as usual:

Holy Cross over DARTMOUTH, by 14
HARVARD over Lehigh, by 7
BROWN over PRINCETON, by 3
PENN over COLUMBIA, by 14
Colgate over CORNELL, by 3
YALE over Fordham, by 10

YaleFootballFan
October 18th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Final Scores:

Harvard 27, Lehigh 24 FINAL
Holy Cross 44, Dartmouth 26 FINAL
Brown 31, Princeton 10 FINAL

Games in process
Yale 10, Fordham 9 - Fourth Quarter
Penn 15, Columbia 10 - Fourth Quarter
Colgate 38, Cornell 22 - Fourth Quarter

YaleFootballFan
October 18th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Fordham makes a FG with 14 seconds left in regulation.

12-10 Fordham.

YaleFootballFan
October 18th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Fordham beats Yale 12-10. It's Fordham's first ever win against the Elis.

Yale's seven game winning streak against the Patriot League ends.

bulldog10jw
October 18th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Fordham beats Yale 12-10. It's Fordham's first ever win against the Elis.

Yale's seven game winning streak against the Patriot League ends.

Yale was absolutely inept. It would have been a tragedy if Fordham had lost.

YaleFootballFan
October 18th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Yale was absolutely inept. It would have been a tragedy if Fordham had lost.

Fordham outplayed us badly. I'm surprised it was this close.

Our defense kept us in the game, but our offense was non-existent. It was like Cornell all over again.

bulldog10jw
October 18th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Fordham outplayed us badly. I'm surprised it was this close.

Our defense kept us in the game, but our offense was non-existent. It was like Cornell all over again.

Yale had 182 yards total offense. 182 :o

While the offense was bad, the defense, while certainly better than the offense did not play that well. I don't remember one three and out for Fordham.

bulldog10jw
October 18th, 2008, 03:17 PM
This season is also turning into a disaster for McLeod. Only 65 yards today(well he did have another 20-30 yards receiving). Of course, the offense was only on the field 21 minutes.

YaleFootballFan
October 18th, 2008, 03:26 PM
This season is also turning into a disaster for McLeod. Only 65 yards today(well he did have another 20-30 yards receiving). Of course, the offense was only on the field 21 minutes.

And it was the defense that scored Yale's lone TD.

First Downs - Fordham 29, Yale 11
Total Yards - Fordham 435, Yale 182
Time of Possession - Fordham 38:29, Yale 21:31

If Yale plays like this next week, Penn will destroy us.

McLeod was injured in the 4th quarter when he was tackled in the end zone (Fordham's safety). There's a good chance he may not play next week or for the rest of the season.

bulldog10jw
October 18th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Looks like Brown is the team to beat. They pounded Princeton and Cornell's win over Yale now looks like a "so what". The do have to play at Penn, but get Cornell at home. It's hard to picture Yale, Dartmouth, or Columbia as a threat to them. Brown is in good shape right now.

Harvard Worship
October 18th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Looks like Brown is the team to beat. They pounded Princeton and Cornell's win over Yale now looks like a "so what". The do have to play at Penn, but get Cornell at home. It's hard to picture Yale, Dartmouth, or Columbia as a threat to them. Brown is in good shape right now.

Agree. Please someone, beat Brown & make this a race again.

I think you're over-bummed about Fordham... I don't think Yale belongs in the Dartmouth/Columbia sentence.

Cleets
October 18th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Agree. Please someone, beat Brown & make this a race again.

I think you're over-bummed about Fordham... I don't think Yale belongs in the Dartmouth/Columbia sentence.

I was in Mountain View and Palo Alto all week last week..!!!
What town do you live in and what school are you going to now H.W.

(Just asking)

~

bulldog10jw
October 18th, 2008, 05:45 PM
I don't think Yale belongs in the Dartmouth/Columbia sentence.

We'll see. The offense is bad and not getting better. The defense is pretty good, but seems to have a tendency to give up yardage and depend on turnovers to win. If the opponents don't turn the ball over, I'm not sure Yale can win.

Ivytalk
October 18th, 2008, 08:43 PM
I still think it's up for grabs. Brown won't go undefeated in the League. No way. Penn or Yale will take them down.xcoolx