PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Power Rankings- 10/12

gbhmt
October 12th, 2008, 07:55 PM
I know this is more Jalmond's bag, but I didn't want to wait.

1. Weber State - They're going strong and showing no signs of slowing down. There were many doubters going into this week at MSU, they then proceeded to quiet those doubters down. These guys are serious business.

2. Northern Arizona - What we all expected to be a close, hard fought game turned into more or less of a romp for the Jacks. While PSU is definitely not a strong running team, another negative yardage game for an NAU opponent proves the NAU run defense worthy of attention yet again. What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object? Tune in in two weeks when they take on Weber to find out.

3. Montana - This was more of a tie really. Montana lost momentum after being handled by Weber. Many expected to be embarrassed by the best offense in the nation. Well, the Griz proved that they can blitz and cover that kind of offense and succeed. A big win (which the Griz could have made even bigger) gives Montana the big boost of confidence they'll need to stay in playoff contention and BSC title possibilities.

4. Montana State - A tough loss at home sets the Cats back a bit, but they're still a strong team. They're a fairly evenly spread team talent wise, and can still win some games. However, running the table is their only chance at playoffs or a conference title, and that's going to be extremely difficult, as they have two of the best teams in the conference at the toughest places to play in the Big Sky ahead of them.

5. Portland State - More or less the dark horse of the conference. Not much talk surrounding them but their run and shoot offense has been strong. The loss against NAU can make you forget about their impressive performance against EWU last week. Keep your eyes out, PSU has potential to disrupt some playoff/conference title runs in the coming weeks.

6. Eastern Washington - Unfortunate back-to-back losses have ultimately shut the playoff door for this extremely talented team. They're still going to win games and shake things up, but only running the table can put them into at-large bid contention, and Weber and NAU still loom ahead.

7. Sacramento State - Their win against PSU showed us that we can't fall asleep on the Hornets, but since their big loss at NAU, their playoff or title hopes have been dashed. After their bye, they'll face a tough matchup against the pumped up Griz at Washington-Grizzly.

8. Northern Colorado - The story of the Bears this has been that of the team that almost got it done. Three straight close losses to decent-to-outstanding teams have made it tough to garner any momentum. A good win against ISU this week, but it's not enough for many to take them seriously.

9. Idaho State - They've kept it somewhat close against other conference foes so far, but they've yet to get it done. Keep fighting, boys.

Playoff Contenders: Weber State, Northern Arizona, Montana, Montana State (?)

Conference Title Contenders: 1. Weber State, 2. Northern Arizona, 3. Montana

CatFan22
October 12th, 2008, 08:32 PM
This is the week where I really think the power ranking are correct. 2-3 conference games in are about when you really see who teams are. Nice rankings, btw.

gbhmt
October 12th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Yeah, conference play is certainly the most telling. It doesn't matter how good the OOC teams are, none of them know their opponents as well as those in the conference. Always makes for more interesting games and more chance for upsets. The field's more even.

JALMOND
October 12th, 2008, 10:08 PM
I know this is more Jalmond's bag, but I didn't want to wait.

1. Weber State - They're going strong and showing no signs of slowing down. There were many doubters going into this week at MSU, they then proceeded to quiet those doubters down. These guys are serious business.

2. Northern Arizona - What we all expected to be a close, hard fought game turned into more or less of a romp for the Jacks. While PSU is definitely not a strong running team, another negative yardage game for an NAU opponent proves the NAU run defense worthy of attention yet again. What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object? Tune in in two weeks when they take on Weber to find out.

3. Montana - This was more of a tie really. Montana lost momentum after being handled by Weber. Many expected to be embarrassed by the best offense in the nation. Well, the Griz proved that they can blitz and cover that kind of offense and succeed. A big win (which the Griz could have made even bigger) gives Montana the big boost of confidence they'll need to stay in playoff contention and BSC title possibilities.

4. Montana State - A tough loss at home sets the Cats back a bit, but they're still a strong team. They're a fairly evenly spread team talent wise, and can still win some games. However, running the table is their only chance at playoffs or a conference title, and that's going to be extremely difficult, as they have two of the best teams in the conference at the toughest places to play in the Big Sky ahead of them.

5. Portland State - More or less the dark horse of the conference. Not much talk surrounding them but their run and shoot offense has been strong. The loss against NAU can make you forget about their impressive performance against EWU last week. Keep your eyes out, PSU has potential to disrupt some playoff/conference title runs in the coming weeks.

6. Eastern Washington - Unfortunate back-to-back losses have ultimately shut the playoff door for this extremely talented team. They're still going to win games and shake things up, but only running the table can put them into at-large bid contention, and Weber and NAU still loom ahead.

7. Sacramento State - Their win against PSU showed us that we can't fall asleep on the Hornets, but since their big loss at NAU, their playoff or title hopes have been dashed. After their bye, they'll face a tough matchup against the pumped up Griz at Washington-Grizzly.

8. Northern Colorado - The story of the Bears this has been that of the team that almost got it done. Three straight close losses to decent-to-outstanding teams have made it tough to garner any momentum. A good win against ISU this week, but it's not enough for many to take them seriously.

9. Idaho State - They've kept it somewhat close against other conference foes so far, but they've yet to get it done. Keep fighting, boys.

Playoff Contenders: Weber State, Northern Arizona, Montana, Montana State (?)

Conference Title Contenders: 1. Weber State, 2. Northern Arizona, 3. Montana

Didn't want to wait? Looks good and good analysis for each. It'll be tough for me to do better. FYI I'm still working on mine and will post them tomorrow night. Great job.xthumbsupx

gbhmt
October 12th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Didn't want to wait? Looks good and good analysis for each. It'll be tough for me to do better. FYI I'm still working on mine and will post them tomorrow night. Great job.xthumbsupx

Yeah thanks. I think best the day after the game, and tend to forget stuff as the week goes on so I just wanted to get it done.

Walkon79
October 13th, 2008, 10:19 AM
- Weber is definitely for real!! Higgins, Smith, Toone and Co. were outstanding in Bozeman. Probably the best OLine in conference right now, and the D is no slouch. I'm a believer, and I hate to say it, but it's kind of refreshing to see a new name at the top. Long time coming for long-suffering Wildcat fans.
- NAU has yet to play a contender, but the record speaks for itself.
- The Griz are back off the mat. The D was tough. Lacking consistency in the running game and red-zone offense. When's the last time the Griz had issues in the kicking game?
- MSU needs to find consistency at QB and receiver. I think Kempt and Thomos will get there, but maybe not until 2009. Also need to get healthy up front on defense, or the balance of the season could be lost.
- PSU High powered offense, but can they stop anybody?
- EWU Back-to-back devastating losses. They're done as far as playoffs, but could still ruin the seasons of NAU and MSU.
- NC/Sac/ISU ? More of the same for perrenial bottom-feeders.

Grizalltheway
October 13th, 2008, 11:16 AM
- Weber is definitely for real!! Higgins, Smith, Toone and Co. were outstanding in Bozeman. Probably the best OLine in conference right now, and the D is no slouch. I'm a believer, and I hate to say it, but it's kind of refreshing to see a new name at the top. Long time coming for long-suffering Wildcat fans.
- NAU has yet to play a contender, but the record speaks for itself.
- The Griz are back off the mat. The D was tough. Lacking consistency in the running game and red-zone offense. When's the last time the Griz had issues in the kicking game?
- MSU needs to find consistency at QB and receiver. I think Kempt and Thomos will get there, but maybe not until 2009. Also need to get healthy up front on defense, or the balance of the season could be lost.
- PSU High powered offense, but can they stop anybody?
- EWU Back-to-back devastating losses. They're done as far as playoffs, but could still ruin the seasons of NAU and MSU.
- NC/Sac/ISU ? More of the same for perrenial bottom-feeders.

A long, long time ago. xnodx

drpnut
October 13th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Big Sky will beat up on each other like the CAA and SoCon does to each other.

Big Sky gets 2 in this year. PEriod.

Grizzaholic
October 13th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Big Sky will beat up on each other like the CAA and SoCon does to each other.

Big Sky gets 2 in this year. PEriod.

You are correct!

SactoHornetFan
October 13th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Great job on the poll. However, at this point I would have us above EWU because we beat PSU and they didn't. I see us at about 6th right now..but I think with a healthy Smith at QB, we are just as good as MSU. Plus, had Smith and Hilliard been healthy, we would have beat Weber at home. We should be 5-1 at this point (the losses to CSU and WSU xbangx )

gbhmt
October 13th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Great job on the poll. However, at this point I would have us above EWU because we beat PSU and they didn't. I see us at about 6th right now..but I think with a healthy Smith at QB, we are just as good as MSU. Plus, had Smith and Hilliard been healthy, we would have beat Weber at home. We should be 5-1 at this point (the losses to CSU and WSU xbangx )

Yeah along with NAU and UM, Sac St. and EWU were the other two I had trouble deciding between.

already123
October 13th, 2008, 02:32 PM

There is no way I am reading this right.....do you REALLY think you should have beat NAU?? xeyebrowx

reminder: 42-10 loss in flagstaff

I Bleed Purple
October 13th, 2008, 03:20 PM
I'm sure he put WSU instead of NAU.

Of course blaming injuries for the loss to Weber. He must fit into the small band of fans that according to them, Weber shouldn't have a single game this year in the Sky.

SactoHornetFan
October 13th, 2008, 04:04 PM
There is no way I am reading this right.....do you REALLY think you should have beat NAU?? xeyebrowx

reminder: 42-10 loss in flagstaff

Please re-read it again...we had the game won against Colorado State and because we didn't capitalize on mistakes Weber made, we lost that one in a heartbreaker too. The one loss that we rightfully lost was to NAU.

SactoHornetFan
October 13th, 2008, 04:06 PM
I'm sure he put WSU instead of NAU.

Of course blaming injuries for the loss to Weber. He must fit into the small band of fans that according to them, Weber shouldn't have a single game this year in the Sky.

The injuries to two of our key offensive starters and then our third-string qb not getting off a snap on 4 and 1 at the 50 when your guy clearly would have been the 12th man on the field....plus another 12th man of the field we had on that punt that gave you guys the ball back and then scored later....

I Bleed Purple
October 13th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Please re-read it again...we had the game won against Colorado State and because we didn't capitalize on mistakes Weber made, we lost that one in a heartbreaker too. The one loss that we rightfully lost was to NAU.

A game where you're down two scores late in the fourth, score with 5 minutes left, and can't stop a third down is a heartbreaking loss?

A game where you're outgained by 120 yards, have 7 fewer rushing yards on 8 more carries is a hearbreaking loss?

Seems like it was a miracle to be that close.

I Bleed Purple
October 13th, 2008, 04:12 PM
The injuries to two of our key offensive starters and then our third-string qb not getting off a snap on 4 and 1 at the 50 when your guy clearly would have been the 12th man on the field....plus another 12th man of the field we had on that punt that gave you guys the ball back and then scored later....

That third string QB played just as good as your backup. He's the one that had that drive that put you within one score.

Green Laser
October 13th, 2008, 04:29 PM
That third string QB played just as good as your backup. He's the one that had that drive that put you within one score.

One thing that he didn't have the experience to do was snap the ball when you had too many players on the field on that 4th down play.
That would have kept the drive going and the way we were moving the ball could have been the winning drive. Weber has in my opinion is the best team in the Sky this year just give us a little credit for playing a good game and hanging closer (5 points) than anyone else in the Sky has even though we were short handed that day.

I Bleed Purple
October 13th, 2008, 04:41 PM
One thing that he didn't have the experience to do was snap the ball when you had too many players on the field on that 4th down play.
That would have kept the drive going and the way we were moving the ball could have been the winning drive. Weber has in my opinion is the best team in the Sky this year just give us a little credit for playing a good game and hanging closer (5 points) than anyone else in the Sky has even though we were short handed that day.

If that's what you wanted then sure. But don't say that you missed opportunities to win the game and expect that Weber didn't have the same missed opportunities. You know, like the three missed PATs? That'd be like Bobcat fans being all upset about the false start fumble but forgetting that they had their own fumble negated by a false start.

I know when we went up twelve and your QB was knocked out that I called my Dad up and told him the game was over. The Hornets definitely proved me wrong there.

SactoHornetFan
October 13th, 2008, 05:34 PM
When we went up twelve and your QB was knocked out that I called my Dad up and told him the game was over. The Hornets definitely proved me wrong there.

We aren't your father's Hornets anymore xlolx

Green Laser
October 13th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Well thats not what I wanted, I wanted a win over Weber, but thats all water under the bridge for this year. The fact that Weber missed 3 pats is on them, it has nothing to do with us, lost opportunities are just that.
What would the score of the Weber-Montana game been if the Grizz hadn't had like four turnovers? Or how close would the NAU - NCU game have been if the Jacks hadn't turned the ball over so much. If Bryan Hillard, our power back had not been injured against Colorado State and Jason Smith been able to play vs Weber the outcome in both of those games could have been different. Anyways my BSC rankings for this week:

1. Weber
2. Northern Arizona
Great defense but I give Weber the nod on balance.
3. Montana
Any one of these three could still win or share the title.
4. Montana State
5. Sacramento State
6. Portland State
Sac St. spotted the Vikings 14 early points on turnovers in 1st quarter then came storming back to win by 10, and it could have been worse. I don't understand anyone ranking Portland above the Hornets.
7. Eastern Washington
Talented team, high expecatations don't really belong in this position but they have done nothing so far this season to justify a higher ranking.
8. Northern Colorado
9. Idaho State

Grizzaholic
October 13th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Well thats not what I wanted, I wanted a win over Weber, but thats all water under the bridge for this year. The fact that Weber missed 3 pats is on them, it has nothing to do with us, lost opportunities are just that.
What would the score of the Weber-Montana game been if the Grizz hadn't had like four turnovers? Or how close would the NAU - NCU game have been if the Jacks hadn't turned the ball over so much. If Bryan Hillard, our power back had not been injured against Colorado State and Jason Smith been able to play vs Weber the outcome in both of those games could have been different. Anyways my BSC rankings for this week:

1. Weber
2. Northern Arizona
Great defense but I give Weber the nod on balance.
3. Montana
Any one of these three could still win or share the title.
4. Montana State
5. Sacramento State
6. Portland State
Sac St. spotted the Vikings 14 early points on turnovers in 1st quarter then came storming back to win by 10, and it could have been worse. I don't understand anyone ranking Portland above the Hornets.
7. Eastern Washington
Talented team, high expecatations don't really belong in this position but they have done nothing so far this season to justify a higher ranking.
8. Northern Colorado
9. Idaho State

Sounds like a case of the would'a could'a should'a's

JALMOND
October 13th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Great discussion going on here. Let me put in my two cents and my power rankings. A little separation after last week in that we are back to three teams battling out for the top spot. Two that were there to begin with (UM, WSU) and one that is coming on (NAU). Maybe the picture is getting a little clearer. But then again, maybe that is what they want us to think. Here are my power rankings for this week. This week (last week). Have at them!

1. Weber State (1)---Showing that the win over Montana was no fluke, the Wildcats completed the Big Sky Country sweep with a win on the road at Montana State. The weather may have slowed the offense up a little bit, but the Wildcats still have that vaunted defense that opponents have to deal with. This week, a return to the cozy confines of Ogden and Northern Colorado. A letdown perhaps?

2. Montana (2)---A nice recovery for the Grizzlies as they get back to their winning ways with a road victory over Eastern Washington, dealing the Eagles a tremendous blow to their playoff chances. Just when you count the Griz out, they come charging back. This week, they welcome the upstart Sacramento State team to Missoula. Can they continue?

3. Northern Arizona (3)---This win at home to Portland State has the Jacks in the middle of a five game winning streak. Winning at home and on the road have them knocking on the top of the conference standings. This weekend, a trip on the road to Idaho State. The Jacks have not lost on the road within the FCS, but those games have been a bit closer than at home.

4. Eastern Washington (4)---Obviously teetering on the edge are the Eagles after losing at home to Montana last weekend. A promising season with good showings against the Big 12 have come down to this. Performance within the conference games matter more than non conference and the Eagles have struggled mightly. This week, a trip to Bozeman and Montana State. Someone bring the fork because one of these two will be done after this week.

5. Montana State (5)---Great chance for the Bobcats to get in the middle of everything and they cannot win the big one at home against Weber State. They looked more affected by the snow than the Wildcats did. Do things get easier this weekend? Not hardly as the Eagles from Eastern Washington come to town. Can the Bobcats stay alive?

6. Sacramento State (7)---Sometimes a bye comes at a great time and for the Hornets, it could not come at a better one. Losses all around them make them the mover this week. They'll need it. This weekend finds them in Missoula to face Montana. A good indication to see just how good the Hornets are.

7. Portland State (6)---The Vikings cannot seem to translate their success at home (where they have not lost yet) to the road (where they have not won yet). They seemed to not be able to do anything wrong against Eastern Washington and followed it up with not being able to do anything right against Northern Arizona. This week, a bye (thankfully).

8. Northern Colorado (8)---Finally a complete game for the Bears this past weekend against Idaho State garnered them their first win of the year. Wins are always good to build upon. This weekend, the Bears will need any momentum they can carry forward as they travel to Ogden to face Weber State. Can they make it last the whole game?

9. Idaho State (9)---What is lost in the outcomes of their games this year is that the Bengals have improved from last year. The problem is so has everyone else in the conference. This last weekend's game against Northern Colorado is a good indication. Improvement is vital for success and the Bengals will need all the improvement this weekend as they welcome Northern Arizona to Pocatello. But how much improvement will they show.

In a nutshell, I have the top three teams (WSU, UM, NAU) bunched pretty close and the next three (EWU, MSU, Sac State) bunched together as well, but a ways behind the top three. PSU and UNC are pretty close as well, but a step behind the others. ISU lagging alone behind.

Green Laser
October 13th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Great discussion going on here. Let me put in my two cents and my power rankings. A little separation after last week in that we are back to three teams battling out for the top spot. Two that were there to begin with (UM, WSU) and one that is coming on (NAU). Maybe the picture is getting a little clearer. But then again, maybe that is what they want us to think. Here are my power rankings for this week. This week (last week). Have at them!

1. Weber State (1)---Showing that the win over Montana was no fluke, the Wildcats completed the Big Sky Country sweep with a win on the road at Montana State. The weather may have slowed the offense up a little bit, but the Wildcats still have that vaunted defense that opponents have to deal with. This week, a return to the cozy confines of Ogden and Northern Colorado. A letdown perhaps?

2. Montana (2)---A nice recovery for the Grizzlies as they get back to their winning ways with a road victory over Eastern Washington, dealing the Eagles a tremendous blow to their playoff chances. Just when you count the Griz out, they come charging back. This week, they welcome the upstart Sacramento State team to Missoula. Can they continue?

3. Northern Arizona (3)---This win at home to Portland State has the Jacks in the middle of a five game winning streak. Winning at home and on the road have them knocking on the top of the conference standings. This weekend, a trip on the road to Idaho State. The Jacks have not lost on the road within the FCS, but those games have been a bit closer than at home.

4. Eastern Washington (4)---Obviously teetering on the edge are the Eagles after losing at home to Montana last weekend. A promising season with good showings against the Big 12 have come down to this. Performance within the conference games matter more than non conference and the Eagles have struggled mightly. This week, a trip to Bozeman and Montana State. Someone bring the fork because one of these two will be done after this week.

5. Montana State (5)---Great chance for the Bobcats to get in the middle of everything and they cannot win the big one at home against Weber State. They looked more affected by the snow than the Wildcats did. Do things get easier this weekend? Not hardly as the Eagles from Eastern Washington come to town. Can the Bobcats stay alive?

6. Sacramento State (7)---Sometimes a bye comes at a great time and for the Hornets, it could not come at a better one. Losses all around them make them the mover this week. They'll need it. This weekend finds them in Missoula to face Montana. A good indication to see just how good the Hornets are.

7. Portland State (6)---The Vikings cannot seem to translate their success at home (where they have not lost yet) to the road (where they have not won yet). They seemed to not be able to do anything wrong against Eastern Washington and followed it up with not being able to do anything right against Northern Arizona. This week, a bye (thankfully).

8. Northern Colorado (8)---Finally a complete game for the Bears this past weekend against Idaho State garnered them their first win of the year. Wins are always good to build upon. This weekend, the Bears will need any momentum they can carry forward as they travel to Ogden to face Weber State. Can they make it last the whole game?

9. Idaho State (9)---What is lost in the outcomes of their games this year is that the Bengals have improved from last year. The problem is so has everyone else in the conference. This last weekend's game against Northern Colorado is a good indication. Improvement is vital for success and the Bengals will need all the improvement this weekend as they welcome Northern Arizona to Pocatello. But how much improvement will they show.

In a nutshell, I have the top three teams (WSU, UM, NAU) bunched pretty close and the next three (EWU, MSU, Sac State) bunched together as well, but a ways behind the top three. PSU and UNC are pretty close as well, but a step behind the others. ISU lagging alone behind.

I agree!

I Bleed Purple
October 13th, 2008, 11:11 PM
I'd switch NAU and UM and MSU and EWU, Jalmond. I think NAU has been steadier and more consistent in their play. I also think MSU's receiver issues are way out shadowed by EWU's secondary.

I do agree with you on PSU/Sac St. PSU has had the better games, but the steadier Sac. has been better overall.

JALMOND
October 14th, 2008, 12:07 AM
I'd switch NAU and UM and MSU and EWU, Jalmond. I think NAU has been steadier and more consistent in their play. I also think MSU's receiver issues are way out shadowed by EWU's secondary.

I do agree with you on PSU/Sac St. PSU has had the better games, but the steadier Sac. has been better overall.

I have UM and NAU pretty much together with WSU at the top. The main reason I gave the nod to UM at #2 rather than NAU was that NAU has struggled on the road so far and UM has that win at Cal Poly, a win that looks better and better as the season goes on. NAU still has to play Montana at Missoula, too. If that game was scheduled for Flagstaff, I might switch them, but right now, I don't see NAU winning in Missoula.

MSU and EWU we'll see how it plays out this weekend. I've got them in a virtual dead heat (along with Sac State). Someone will still be alive and someone won't after this weekend.

GolfingGriz
October 14th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Its tough to compare NAU and UM because the only common opponent is SUU and the Thunderbirds are a much better team now than when we played them.

Does anyone think Weber will be able to run the conference slate? I think the league is too good for this to happen, but with that O it wouldn't surprise me.

I Bleed Purple
October 14th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Its tough to compare NAU and UM because the only common opponent is SUU and the Thunderbirds are a much better team now than when we played them.

Does anyone think Weber will be able to run the conference slate? I think the league is too good for this to happen, but with that O it wouldn't surprise me.

Well, look at the schedule. We have the two BSC doormats in UNC and ISU left. We get the better of the two at home this weekend.

We then have two of the three two loss teams left, EWU and PSU. Both are at home and the better of the two, EWU, we get a bye week to prepare.

Last game is in Flagstaff. Four of those five you'd think we'd be more than a touchdown favorite in.

The schedule is in our favor to go no worse than 7-1.

GolfingGriz
October 14th, 2008, 12:58 AM
Well, look at the schedule. We have the two BSC doormats in UNC and ISU left. We get the better of the two at home this weekend.

We then have two of the three two loss teams left, EWU and PSU. Both are at home and the better of the two, EWU, we get a bye week to prepare.

Last game is in Flagstaff. Four of those five you'd think we'd be more than a touchdown favorite in.

The schedule is in our favor to go no worse than 7-1.

I completely agree that Weber will be a favorite in every game here on out, but thats a lot different than going 8-0 in conference. No team not named Montana has done it since 1991, when Nevada went 8-0. Out of the current teams not named Montana, MSU last did it in 1976 when theywent 6-0. I'm not saying they won't do it, but the odds are against them. Then again, maybe its due to happen.

I Bleed Purple
October 14th, 2008, 01:06 AM
I completely agree that Weber will be a favorite in every game here on out, but thats a lot different than going 8-0 in conference. No team not named Montana has done it since 1991, when Nevada went 8-0. Out of the current teams not named Montana, MSU last did it in 1976 when theywent 6-0. I'm not saying they won't do it, but the odds are against them. Then again, maybe its due to happen.

Not disputing that. We just have a favorable schedule, and really only have two and a half difficult games left. NAU, EWU, and the defensive side of PSU. It's exciting to think about because UM still has NAU at home and MSU (where?). NAU has to go to UM and I think host MSU as well and having EWU left.

Weber has broken lots of streaks this year. Time to end the one of never winning an outright title.

GolfingGriz
October 14th, 2008, 01:23 AM
Not disputing that. We just have a favorable schedule, and really only have two and a half difficult games left. NAU, EWU, and the defensive side of PSU. It's exciting to think about because UM still has NAU at home and MSU (where?). NAU has to go to UM and I think host MSU as well and having EWU left.

Weber has broken lots of streaks this year. Time to end the one of never winning an outright title.

MSU is at home. We only play UNC and PSU on the road the rest of the way.

If the team thinks you only have "two and a half difficult games left" I think you will get beaten. If you play like you have the last two weeks, you won't. Its difficult to play at that level week after week, but only time will tell.

I Bleed Purple
October 14th, 2008, 01:37 AM
MSU is at home. We only play UNC and PSU on the road the rest of the way.

If the team thinks you only have "two and a half difficult games left" I think you will get beaten. If you play like you have the last two weeks, you won't. Its difficult to play at that level week after week, but only time will tell.

Oh of course. That's just a fan doing fan talk.

GolfingGriz
October 14th, 2008, 01:46 AM
Oh of course. That's just a fan doing fan talk.

I assumed so much, but wanted to make sure.

dbackjon
October 14th, 2008, 09:36 AM
NAU has the toughest road ahead - road games with ISU, UM and EWU, home games with both kitties.

already123
October 14th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Ill agree...as soon as NAU plays THE WAY THEY SHOULD on the road, I would have us at 3rd. You can be as good as you want at home, but it doesnt mean anything if you dont take care of the road games. NAU is definitely struggling there...