PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with NAU?

Lumberjacks76
November 5th, 2005, 07:06 PM
No points this week. Shut out two weeks ago. What is wrong with the Lumberjacks' offense?

Paul

DaGriz
November 5th, 2005, 07:14 PM
I thought when it was 10-0 Griz in the 3rd and NAU went for it, that was a mistake. That would have made it 10-3. I think the next series NAU picked us and it would have made it a game. Instead it was a huge momentum swing. I think NAU played decent. Kept our O out of the endzone also.

GrizSweeper
November 5th, 2005, 07:16 PM
I wouldn't say anything is wrong with the defense they looked solid, if you guys could get the offense on track you'll be tough to beat

JALMOND
November 5th, 2005, 07:16 PM
No points this week. Shut out two weeks ago. What is wrong with the Lumberjacks' offense?

Paul

Simple, Griz D is rolling right now.

putter
November 5th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Griz D has been strong all year but our offense was definitely bothered by your speed on defense. NAU keed on Lex and Bergquist was off today. It was a fun game to watch and you are definitely better than your record.

GrizRick
November 6th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Is Jerome's job in jeopardy? Or will it be saved because the Jacks have so many injuries it's hard to blame the coach for the losses?

DuckDuckGriz
November 6th, 2005, 12:47 PM
If Souers gets fired, is there any chance he would return to Missoula?

griz37
November 6th, 2005, 01:31 PM
I wondered the same thing Duck. All week we kept hearing about how close the 2 staffs are. It seems like each year at least one coaching position becomes available. Who knows maybe this time next year he will be our OC?

Bronco
November 6th, 2005, 02:50 PM
I see NAU has their own version of T.O....#8 Bubba Edmonda
What a knucklehead.

Proud Griz Man
November 6th, 2005, 03:26 PM
As an outsider watching NAU for 25 years, it doesn't look like NAU has ever developed a stable program, with any tradition, and any ability to build on its successes. Simply stated, if you fire Jerome you start over again. Your football program becomes a merry-go-round. :cool: :confused: :(

Wellington
November 6th, 2005, 03:30 PM
#8 Bubba Edmonda is lucky his team was not playing at Washington-Grizzly-That **** doesn't stand here. :bang:

AZGrizFan
November 6th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Well,

As an AGS'er who attended the game, let me just say one thing: If we don't play better than that against MSU, we'll get waxed. Our offense looked out of sync all day. Hilliard had to battle for every stinking yard, and Berquist looked like a freshman...We made NAU's D look like UMass. Thank God for OUR defense, which, once again, scored more points than the offense. But when you're handed the ball twice on the 10 yard line and manage 3 points out of it, that doesn't bode well for the remainder of the season, let alone the playoffs. :o :o

And one more thing: I've been reading all year on this forum about how bad the BSC referees are...I guess until you experience it yourself you have no idea. That was absolutely the worst game I've ever witnessed as far as the referees are concerned. There were multiple blown calls, missed calls, erroneous spots, late flags, refs looking at each other for backup (repeatedly), etc. This went both ways, and was by no means homerism. One spot (on a punt return) they gave the NAU guy about 5 extra yards because NO ref was watching where his forward progress stopped...it was absolutely ridiculous to watch.

As expected, though, Griz fans showed up in force and were louder and prouder than the NAU fans (in fact, we may have outnumbered them, but it was hard to see from where I was sitting). It was a great party, Flagstaff isa beautiful city (a LOT like Missoula), and I'm already planning 2007's return trip...

Postscript: If NAU had ANY offensive weapons besides Murietta they'd be dangerous. I swear, the worst thing a team can do is get NAU is 3rd and long...he's a fricking Houdini! I wish we had him.... :mad: :mad:

GrizPimpin'
November 6th, 2005, 08:28 PM
AzGrizFan, that is so funny because I am positive that Fullerton said that the Big Sky had the best officiating in 1-AA during the halftime interview.

IaaScribe
November 6th, 2005, 08:34 PM
FYI - Souers' contract is up at the end of the season.

AZGrizFan
November 7th, 2005, 02:39 PM
AzGrizFan, that is so funny because I am positive that Fullerton said that the Big Sky had the best officiating in 1-AA during the halftime interview.

You have GOT to be kidding me!!! He really said that??? Hell, my 11 year old was even noticing blown calls...I mean, it got to the point of embarrassing. Twice NAU snapped the ball 1-2 seconds AFTER the 25 second clock expired--no call (because NO ref was watching the clock)...twice the clock operator conveniently "forgot" to start the clock when NAU had the ball late in the game...and I guess the ref's version of "forward progress" is marking the spot where the ballcarrier was "trying" to get to :rolleyes: ...I hope those guys don't ref a playoff game. Just a joke-plain and simple. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

putter
November 7th, 2005, 02:47 PM
AZ,

I have noticed that for the last couple of weeks in the BSC. They say the crews are experienced but you could fool me.

grizbeer
November 7th, 2005, 02:57 PM
On TV he said that right after he said that it looked like the refs might have been missing a few holding calls - this was right after Spencer got the Personal foul, and Fullerton said it was too bad because it is always the person retaliating who gets called, implying the refs missed the first personal foul from NAU.

I'm sure there were just as many bad and no calls that went UM's way, but it was funny to have that happen when Fullerton was live on TV.

VictorG
November 7th, 2005, 04:51 PM
AZ,

I have noticed that for the last couple of weeks in the BSC. They say the crews are experienced but you could fool me.

Did they say experienced at what though? One of those guys last game looked like his most experience was at memorizing the McDonald's take out menu.

AZGrizFan
November 7th, 2005, 05:24 PM
On TV he said that right after he said that it looked like the refs might have been missing a few holding calls - this was right after Spencer got the Personal foul, and Fullerton said it was too bad because it is always the person retaliating who gets called, implying the refs missed the first personal foul from NAU.

I'm sure there were just as many bad and no calls that went UM's way, but it was funny to have that happen when Fullerton was live on TV.

Oh, there was no homerism there...they were just complete idiots. After the missed 25 second clock violation the stadium was quiet. They were down on our end (I was at about the 25 yard line) so I yelled "Who's watching the 25 second clock!!!"...ON THE NEXT PLAY, they called a penalty for.......DELAY OF GAME!!! It was like I fricking woke them up or something....unbelievable. And yes, the personal foul call was BS--they definitely missed the initial call, although that's not that unusual.