PDA

View Full Version : Coastal @ VMI

kirkblitz
October 11th, 2008, 03:00 PM
When do we get to fire our D coordinator xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx
Coastal's worst big south loss ever and VMI's first big south win since 2005
Coastal has now given up over 1000 yards between VMI and Liberty last week

Final Stats

Coastal VMI
1st downs 18 25
Rush yards 101 336
Pass yards 151 210
Total offense 252 546
Penalties 1-5 7-80
Turnovers 2 3

Final Score: 20 47

CCUCheer
October 11th, 2008, 03:23 PM
sad... very very sad... :(

Appstate29
October 11th, 2008, 03:25 PM
ouch...that does hurt.

kirkblitz
October 11th, 2008, 03:29 PM
in our 4 losses we have given up 2068 yards.

Go...gate
October 11th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Jim Reid seems to be making some progress rebuilding in Lexington.

keydet71
October 11th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Just got home from Lexington.....what a beautiful day in the Valley. Not much I'll say otherwise except....damn, that was fun!!

Longhorn
October 11th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Kongrats to the Keydets!

bdog
October 11th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Super, come back to the Socon

Libertine
October 11th, 2008, 07:31 PM

Jim Reid bolted for the Dolphins back in January. The current VMI head coach is Sparky Woods.

catamount man
October 11th, 2008, 07:32 PM

Uh...Sparky Woods is VMI's coach. Reid resigned after last year.

CONGRATS VMI!!!! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

kirkblitz
October 11th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I dont want to put vmi down but i think this game was more a product of our **** like skills then vmi's awesomeness

alexale23
October 11th, 2008, 08:37 PM
yeh VMI sucks that got blown out last week by richmond.

Midlo Gamecock
October 11th, 2008, 11:40 PM
nobody is saying VMI is awesome...obviously Coastal giving up 500+ yards speaks to them having issues on defense...but, VMI is getting better. If they can keep the young kids there in school, they will improve. I think they only had like four or five guys dressed today who won't be there next year.

Coastal89
October 11th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Midlo, i'm hoping that Coastal will wise up and get somebody like Spurrior Jr. as our HC before things get any worse with these D-II coaches we have. It's pretty clear that Liberty and now VMI have past us by and the only difference in those programs is coaching.

kirkblitz
October 11th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Midlo, i'm hoping that Coastal will wise up and get somebody like Spurrior Jr. as our HC before things get any worse with these D-II coaches we have. It's pretty clear that Liberty and now VMI have past us by and the only difference in those programs is coaching.

i concur, but i think we will have to sit through a few more years of this unless some heavy hitters buy out bennett xbawlingx xbawlingx

Footix
October 12th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Midlo, i'm hoping that Coastal will wise up and get somebody like Spurrior Jr. as our HC

You want Little Knothead?

g-webb1994
October 12th, 2008, 12:04 AM
Sparky Woods is a good coach, good fit for VMI.

Coastal89
October 12th, 2008, 12:08 AM
You want Little Knothead?

He'd beat the hell out of a coach that seems more concerned about what commercial he's going to shoot next. CDB couldn't be less involved in the games these days, no play calling, no directing the other coaches on what to do. etc. SS Jr is doing a pretty good job of running the O in Cola, 5-2 GO COCKS!

Sly Fox
October 12th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Bigtime congrats to the Keydets for finally getting over the hump. Frankly I am not surprised at the outcome, just the size of victory.

bodoyle
October 13th, 2008, 11:50 AM
i concur, but i think we will have to sit through a few more years of this unless some heavy hitters buy out bennett xbawlingx xbawlingx

clemson has an opening. xwhistlex xlolx

Hoseinexile07
October 13th, 2008, 12:28 PM
in our 4 losses we have given up 2068 yards.

Sounds like y'all are adopting our defensive strategy.

Hoseinexile07
October 13th, 2008, 12:31 PM

Wait a sec. Isn't Bennett the guy that created Coastal football ex nihilo into what you are? It's called an off cycle. Football teams' greatness ebbs and flows. Why not let him do his thing? It's obviously been working for you in the past.

Dukie95
October 13th, 2008, 12:40 PM
I have to admit...that gave me pause about the quality of Liberty's win last week.

Monarch History
October 13th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Old Dominion is suppose to play VMI in its first season next year. Maybe we ought to change and play Coastal instead.xlolx

Go...gate
October 13th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Uh...Sparky Woods is VMI's coach. Reid resigned after last year.

CONGRATS VMI!!!! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Ouch. Sorry. Another one of those senior moments...:(

Nice win by VMI, though.

SuperJon
October 13th, 2008, 01:04 PM
I have to admit...that gave me pause about the quality of Liberty's win last week.

Rivalry game at Coastal. It's always going to be close, even when Liberty was 1-10.

Coastal has ALWAYS had problems with VMI.

To get a true grasp on things, especially in conference, you can't look at just one year.

Coastal89
October 13th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Rivalry game at Coastal. It's always going to be close, even when Liberty was 1-10.

Coastal has ALWAYS had problems with VMI.

To get a true grasp on things, especially in conference, you can't look at just one year.

Rivalry game for Liberty. Not so much for Coastal. Not the fans anyway.

SuperJon
October 13th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Not the fans, but look at how the players have played that game for the past four years.

Sly Fox
October 13th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Rivalry game for Liberty. Not so much for Coastal. Not the fans anyway.

Oh yeah, who could forget that epic CCU-CSU rivalry.

xlolx

jcmanson
October 13th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I really think that Coastal's players and coaches had the LU game circled on their calendar (like the rest of the conference) and they thought they could win that game and then take the conference. After they gave it their best shot and lost, I don't think they were able to rebound quick enough to be ready to play against VMI. Kind of like their season was in the crapper since they couldn't win the conference.

CarolinaGirl
October 13th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Wait a sec. Isn't Bennett the guy that created Coastal football ex nihilo into what you are? It's called an off cycle. Football teams' greatness ebbs and flows. Why not let him do his thing? It's obviously been working for you in the past.

Yes, thank you. We have a lot of fans that are very down this season. It's not to say we don't have a right to be but a lot of fans seem to be looking everywhere to place blame but not thinking it through enough before they voice their opinions on our problems.xsmhx
People are calling for the D Coordinator to be canned (nobody on this board that I have seen) but please explain to me how the defense is supposed to play well when our offense has 20 total yards in the entire 3rd quarter!! How tired would YOU be when you are on the field for 11 1/2 minutes (in one quarter) or whatever it was? We have some injuries on the D so the depth is a little thin in certain positions. Our DEFENSE scored 14 of the 20 points we got all game. They picked the ball off the first time close enough to the end zone that I could have run it in and then directly scored on the fumble.
Geez, our D sucks. xbawlingx xrolleyesx