PDA

View Full Version : SoCon grass or turf?

whoanellie
October 11th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Turf Grass
ASU Elon
WCU
UTC

need help on the others

Eaglegus2
October 11th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Grass:

Georgia Southern
The Citadel
Furman

bobbythekidd
October 11th, 2008, 12:15 PM
GSU best grass MPLSBison has ever seen. Furman=grass, Wofford=grass, El Cit= grass (I think).
I hope this helps

bobbythekidd
October 11th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Oh, Samford just recently got turf. I forgot them

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 11th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Long live the grass. xbowx

Northerners like MPLSBison are just jealous because their grass browns well before early December when the grass in the south begins to brown.

I think everyone except for Appy and Western (Socon teams up in the sky) have it.

millwoga1
October 11th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Wofford grass

whoanellie
October 11th, 2008, 05:55 PM
GSU best grass MPLSBison has ever seen. Furman=grass, Wofford=grass, El Cit= grass (I think).
I hope this helps

no Elon has the best grass field.... fast track always in great shape... same as Jax Jags and Carolina Panthers

eaglewraith
October 11th, 2008, 05:57 PM
It's at best equal. We've had many compliments on the quality of our field and it has to be the best patch of grass I've ever put my feet on.

appfan2008
October 11th, 2008, 06:00 PM
it makes me mad when teams have turf but are in a warm climate... other than boone and maybe cullowhee the other schools should all have grass... elon's is great!... furman not so much... GSU is pretty good... those are the grass surfaces i have seen

T-Dog
October 11th, 2008, 06:44 PM
The thing with Field Turf is that in heat, the heat is absorbed (how much varies on what's beneath the turf) and you wouldn't want skin making contact with it, much less be tackled on with a body or two on you.

App and WCU make sense to have turf. Cooler than normal temps, more precipitation than usual. If they had grass it would already be dying and thinning out.

furman94
October 11th, 2008, 06:55 PM
it makes me mad when teams have turf but are in a warm climate... other than boone and maybe cullowhee the other schools should all have grass... elon's is great!... furman not so much... GSU is pretty good... those are the grass surfaces i have seen

Whats wrong with our grass?

eaglewraith
October 11th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Whats wrong with our grass?

It has PURPLE on it :p

A friend of mine has a patch of Purple grass in a ziploc bag from that 2002 beatdown. I almost got my ass kicked after he did it :(