PDA

View Full Version : Towson routs Villanova 40-19

TigerFan17
November 5th, 2005, 03:37 PM
:D :D :D

6-3 boys and girls...still playoff eligible! :cool:

Excellent special teams and defense set the tone. Nova QB had 2 fumbles and two INTs, we blocked two extra point attempts and a punt...the punt was run back for a TD in the opening drive of the game. :D

Probably one of the biggest turnarounds in a while for this program. Last year we werent in a single game in the A-10, every team just shat on us...Nova beat us 41-6 last year...now we're in every game! Way to go Tigers!

umassfan
November 5th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Who are your final two games against?

TigerFan17
November 5th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Richmond at home and JMU at their place...should be a real test.

dbackjon
November 5th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Richmond at home and JMU at their place...should be a real test.

If you win those two to get your seven D-I wins, you will have earned a bid.

ChickenMan
November 5th, 2005, 03:50 PM
40-19... :asswhip:... congrats to Towson.

UD/Nova to close the season should be a real barn burner... :o

blukeys
November 5th, 2005, 04:08 PM
40-19... :asswhip:... congrats to Towson.

UD/Nova to close the season should be a real barn burner... :o

Yeah for the bottom of the A-10 south. Oh well it will be fun anyhow. It is NOVA. ;) ;)

blukeys
November 5th, 2005, 04:09 PM
by the way Congrats Towson. Best of luck to you the rest of the way and you are on my top 25 ballot. :D :D

TigerFan17
November 5th, 2005, 05:06 PM
If you win those two to get your seven D-I wins, you will have earned a bid.

What a turn-around that would be from last season...to even be at this point in the season and have it be a possibility! From 3-8 ( 0-8 ) to 8-3 (5-3) in one year...and we're still not up to full scholarship level!

Thanks for all the compliments and good wishes guys!

ngineer
November 5th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Yeah for the bottom of the A-10 south. Oh well it will be fun anyhow. It is NOVA. ;) ;)

As they say, "Who woulda thunk it?" This has been an amazing year.
Congrats to Towson. That is a great turn around.

89Hen
November 5th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Congrats Towson. Some of you should remember that many Hen fans said to give TU a couple of years and they could be competitive in the A10.... :nod:

TigerFan17
November 5th, 2005, 07:28 PM
No one thought we would do this well this season though...but I have to admit, UD has been the most supportive. Probably cause the commute to here is shorter than any other place and you seem to travel well.... :D

charliej
November 6th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Congrats on the win Tigers.

I just can't figure out Nova this year. The talent is there to win games and when they all come to play I'd put them up against just about anybody,but they seldom show up. We knew when they came out of the locker room that they were not there to play yesterday.

I thought UNH was the worst effort I'd see in a Nova game, yesterday proved how wrong I could be. There was no effort on D at all.Last week, snot-bubble hits, this week, touch football. Offense looked like they packed it all up after last weeks game and just went through the motions like it was practice. Coaching & play call very questionable yet again. Some of the most dedicated Cat fans called it the worst game Nova played since bringing back football. I see no reason to doubt as it was definately the worst I'd seen in the five years I've followed Nova.

I was looking forward to finishing out the season after last week. Suddenly,I feel like it cant end soon enough. :(

Spider
November 6th, 2005, 12:50 PM
congrats Towson.....we'll see you this weekend......looking forward to a good game.....where is the best place to park and tailgate at the stadium?

charliej
November 6th, 2005, 01:05 PM
congrats Towson.....we'll see you this weekend......looking forward to a good game.....where is the best place to park and tailgate at the stadium?

Spider, We went into the first lot on the right across from the main gate (at least I think it was the main gate.it was on the Visitors side) I must say the Towson folks were friendly enough.About the only request they had was that we put our beer in cups rather than carry around the bottles. Easy enough to do.

TigerFan17
November 6th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Yup...thats the right place to tailgate. They just make u put it in cups because there was a beer bottle throwing incident a few years back I believe...its just a safety thing. If you don't bring your own cups, there are people dressed in red S.A.F.E. shirts that hand out cups and trash bags...you can just request some stuff from them and they're happy to give it to ya!

Looking forward to this game a lot! 6-3 for both of us...battle for a third A-10 bid maybe?!

Though, your OOC is just slightly better than ours... :D