PDA

View Full Version : who is the best 4-1 team in the FCS?

Griz0383
October 10th, 2008, 10:45 PM
I saw this topic on a FBS talk show and thought it would translate well to the FCS. We all know that on anygivensaturday any team can beat a ranked team for example, Oregon ST beating USC . I thought this would be equally as interesting in the FCS. It is important to factor in the FCS vs FBS match ups so I would change the criteria to any two or three loss teams which lost to legitimate FBS teams. For example, I do not consider Wyoming a legit D1 team this year but LSU is! Articulate! xeyebrowx

FargoBison
October 10th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Without a doubt in my mind, JMU is the best 4-1 team.

FargoBison
October 10th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Villanova is the best 4-1 team.

FCS Go!
October 10th, 2008, 11:24 PM
I'd go with McNeese or (maybe) Cal Poly but they're only 3-1. McNeese looked good @ UNC & they impressed me by getting a win at SDSU. Cal Poly should have beat the Griz, beat a FBS and have cruised in their other two games.

Villanova only has one good win and that was a home game. They played well for a while at WVU and beat Lehigh. I'm a little puzzled by their second half vs. W&M though I didn't see the game. Their struggles with Penn still raises questions for me.xchinscratchx

Before you guys jump all over me for dissing your team I have McNeese #2, Cal Poly #4 and Villanova #5 on my ballot so its really a toss up for me.

blueballs
October 11th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Don't sleep on Elon...

jlcharles
October 11th, 2008, 09:00 AM
I'd go with McNeese or (maybe) Cal Poly but they're only 3-1. McNeese looked good @ UNC & they impressed me by getting a win at SDSU. Cal Poly should have beat the Griz, beat a FBS and have cruised in their other two games.

Villanova only has one good win and that was a home game. They played well for a while at WVU and beat Lehigh. I'm a little puzzled by their second half vs. W&M though I didn't see the game. Their struggles with Penn still raises questions for me.xchinscratchx

Before you guys jump all over me for dissing your team I have McNeese #2, Cal Poly #4 and Villanova #5 on my ballot so its really a toss up for me.

I listened to the W&M game on the radio, but missed the second half. From what Talley said, we tightened up and started playing not to lose. Not a good thing. Penn has traditionally been a tough place for us to play and just about all of those games have come down to the wire. Penn plays way above their heads against us. (Still trying to get their first win since 1911 or something. Of course, we took an 80 year break or something.) And the one real team we did beat, happened to be #1 at the time and we pretty much dominated.

Are we the best 4-1 team? I don't know, but we'll find out with possible #1 JMU visiting in 2 more weeks and top 10 UNH visiting a few weeks later.

Griz0383
October 11th, 2008, 08:44 PM
I now say Montana is the best 5-1 team in the FCS! When I started this thread I was expecting the Griz to be defeated but now after that EWU ass whoopin on the road I will take on anyone who want to disagree, Lets get it on!

appstate38
October 11th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Don't sleep on Elon...

I am going to have to second this one. Montana is good but I think Elon is one of the hottest teams in the FCS right now.

terrierbob
October 11th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Don't count out the "Fightin'" Terriers. We didn't play down to UTC's level

R3TRO
October 11th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Not UNH.

rcny46
October 11th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Not UNH.

I'll vouch for that.