Here's the current standings/remaining schedule:

Lehigh 3-1...@Fordham, vs. Lafayette
Colgate 3-1...vs. Bucknell, @Georgetown
Lafayette 3-1...@Holy Cross, @Lehigh
Holy Cross 2-2...vs. Lafayette, @Bucknell
Georgetown 2-3...vs. Davidson, vs. Colgate
Fordham 2-3...vs. Lehigh, vs. Albany
Bucknell 0-4...@Colgate, vs. Holy Cross

Lehigh's now in the driver's seat, and if they win out, they get the bid. Colgate needs to win out and hope for a Lehigh loss, since Lehigh won head to head. Lafayette is in a similar situation, needing to finish with two wins, and hope for a Colgate loss. HC also has an outside shot...but needs some help. Colgate would seem to have the easiest remaining schedule, but this season anything is possible.

Chi Panther
November 5th, 2005, 03:32 PM
BIG win by Colgate today!!!

LUHawker
November 5th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Given the remaining schedules for Lehigh, Lafayette and Colgate (the 3 teams tied at the top), I think its clear that either Lehigh wins the Patriot League or Colgate does. And when I say win, I mean get the automatic bid. Lafayette, which may not get past Holy Cross next week, can't win unless they win out and then have Colgate falter against Bucknell and Georgetown - I just don't see it.

Call me a homer, but I'm still betting on Lehigh to win the last two and take the auto bid. Lafayette has a very tough D and Tavani always gets his team up for Lehigh, but the game is at LU this year and LU's O is very good. Lafayette hasn't found an offense yet this year. With 2 games to go, I don't suspect they will find it in that time.

Colgate, of course, is now a big Lafayette fan because the only way they get in as the auto-bid is for LC to defeat LU.

Since any non-auto bid co-champion would have 3 losses, I don't think the PL gets two bids this year. Lehigh has the best shot at an at-large bid, but that is not very likely in my opinion.

All that said, its either Lehigh or Colgate in the playoffs this year. Go Lehigh!

colgate13
November 5th, 2005, 09:30 PM
After all the preseason hoopla about more depth, we're still down to Colgate and Lehigh battling it out for the autobid and titles. You are sure correct: so long Hoyas - Lafayette is my #2 favorite I-AA team now (tied with Fordham of course!)

lugo02
November 5th, 2005, 09:41 PM
History shows that Fordham will lose.
Even in Fordham best year in the PL they still could not beat Lehigh

colgate13
November 5th, 2005, 09:52 PM
History shows that Fordham will lose.
Even in Fordham best year in the PL they still could not beat Lehigh

Have you been watching this season?

Throw history out the window.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Have you been watching this season?

Throw history out the window.

Well Colgate was able to keep their recent history of dominance over Lafayette. I'm hoping Lehigh can build on their 17-1 all time record against the Rams and keep their dominace over the pards at Goodman going.