PDA

View Full Version : UMass/Delaware game

Hansel
November 5th, 2005, 12:07 PM
anybody else having problems with the CN8 feed??????

UNHWildCats
November 5th, 2005, 12:08 PM
GO DELAWARE

Hansel
November 5th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Switched to the "new england region" of CN8's website and now I am "live"

:)

Hansel
November 5th, 2005, 12:11 PM
No Sellout??? looks to be some empty endzone seats (unless those are for the band)

Hansel
November 5th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Uh-OH.... Keeler has his shades on :p

bunny
November 5th, 2005, 12:15 PM
anybody else having problems with the CN8 feed??????

Yes, but I got this advice from ChickenMan on gohens.net....

If you still can't connect to CN8's Mid Atlantic video feed... try the CN8 New England link... it will be carrying the UD/UMass game as well...

http://ne.cn8.tv/shared/video/cn8NE-winmedia.asx

It works for me, but the quality is kinda poor.

Old Cage
November 5th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Can you put the link here?

I can't find it.

bunny
November 5th, 2005, 12:16 PM
No Sellout??? looks to be some empty endzone seats (unless those are for the band)

The band usually sits in the south endzone. They are on the field until the teams come out of the locker room.

blukeys
November 5th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Can you put the link here?

I can't find it.

Link at gohens.net

Old Cage
November 5th, 2005, 12:22 PM
I'm all set. Thanks. The link on the UMass server wasn't getting it done.

bunny
November 5th, 2005, 12:22 PM
The refs should call more penalties against UMass.

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 5th, 2005, 12:27 PM
2 of those North endzone seats are mine.......couldnt get off of work today... :mad:

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 5th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Cmon Delaware we need this guys.

OL FU
November 5th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Cmon Delaware we need this guys.

What time does this one start?

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 5th, 2005, 12:30 PM
it's on now

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 5th, 2005, 12:31 PM
8:42 left in the first

OL FU
November 5th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Thanks sorry, keep updating.

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 5th, 2005, 12:32 PM
UMASS....1st and 10 at the Delaware 17

bunny
November 5th, 2005, 12:32 PM
What time does this one start?

Game is on. Start 1pm Eastern.

UD 3 & out on first drive.

UMass driving on O despite 4 penalties for 38 yards. They converted a 4th and inches from their own 28.

OL FU
November 5th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Since Delaware hates Nova, Towson 14 V 0 first qtr

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 5th, 2005, 12:35 PM
1st and Goal UMASS

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 5th, 2005, 12:37 PM
3rd and goal UMASS.....TD...........17 play drive for 6pts

umassfan
November 5th, 2005, 12:37 PM
UMass scores on a 17 play 119 yard drive...

UMass 7
Delaware 0

Old Cage
November 5th, 2005, 12:39 PM
That was too easy for the good guys! I'll bet the Hens suck it up next time on D.

OL FU
November 5th, 2005, 12:41 PM
UMass scores on a 17 play 119 yard drive...

UMass 7
Delaware 0

Thats one heck of a drive. 119 yeards, should have got ten points for that :)

bunny
November 5th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Delaware goes 3 and out again.

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 5th, 2005, 12:42 PM
3rd and 7.....for Delaware....and STOPPED.....the ever so reliable Riccio is on his game today I see...lmao

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 5th, 2005, 12:46 PM
UMASS player down....collarbone

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 5th, 2005, 12:50 PM
1st is over and statistically...UMASS is crushing UD

umassfan
November 5th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Our 3rd rb even comes in for a first down.

umassfan
November 5th, 2005, 12:51 PM
1st is over and statistically...UMASS is crushing UD
154 yards to 12.... id say so

umassfan
November 5th, 2005, 12:53 PM
4-3 and our 3rd team TE droped a TD pass :mad:

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 5th, 2005, 12:53 PM
4th and 3...WR wide open and dropped!!!

umassfan
November 5th, 2005, 12:54 PM
4th and 3...WR wide open and dropped!!!
He is our blocking TE/OL and it would have been his first career catch... damnit

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 5th, 2005, 12:55 PM
False start on UD

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 5th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Falase start on Delaware AGAIN!!!!

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 5th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Pass interference UMASS

umassfan
November 5th, 2005, 12:58 PM
That was a bull **** pass int...

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 5th, 2005, 01:01 PM
i agree...DB was looking for the ball...unintentional....oh but now unsportsman like conduct against UMASS

umassfan
November 5th, 2005, 01:01 PM
i agree...DB was looking for the ball...unintentional....oh but now unsportsman like conduct against UMASS
And delaware just the same

umassfan
November 5th, 2005, 01:02 PM
UMass picks up the fumble

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 5th, 2005, 01:03 PM
UMASS seems to be commiting alot of penalties today...haven't ssen this many from them all season. Offsides this time.....UMASS fumble recovery at the 49!!!!! Gotta love Riccio.....he's our man.....I'll start the chant here.....since I can't start it in Newark.......CARTY! CARTY! CARTY! :)

blukeys
November 5th, 2005, 01:06 PM
That was a bull **** pass int...

that play will get called that way every time. If 2 players get their legs tangled up the call goes against the defense. I've seen it called that way for 30 years.

umassfan
November 5th, 2005, 01:07 PM
UMASS seems to be commiting alot of penalties today...haven't ssen this many from them all season. Offsides this time.....UMASS fumble recovery at the 49!!!!! Gotta love Riccio.....he's our man.....I'll start the chant here.....since I can't start it in Newark.......CARTY! CARTY! CARTY! :)
This many penalties is odd for us this season but last week we got key penelties that kept UNH drives alive which they scored... We need to wake up or we could be in trouble with all these penelties.

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 5th, 2005, 01:19 PM
The Hens just cant seem to get anything going. Defense is giving up on key plays. Riccio is Riccio...enough said.

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 5th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Touchdown UMASS

umassfan
November 5th, 2005, 01:21 PM
TD Steve Baylark... another 80 yard scoring drive...

UMass 13(missed xp)
Delaware 0

McUMass
November 5th, 2005, 01:21 PM
uh oh, Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaylark :D

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 5th, 2005, 01:22 PM
14-0 Umass over Delaware....I bet those Ray-Bans come off in the locker room during halftime. I bet the Hens have gotten some serious butt chewings this year. But with all of the injuries we have had this year. I think they said UD has had 28 players make thier first start in NCAA this season...that is ALOT!

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 5th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Oh they missed the PAT...i wasnt paying attention...my fault. 42 seconds left in the half.......INT...gimme a break.....TD UMASS!!!!

umassfan
November 5th, 2005, 01:24 PM
INT Tracy Belton returned for a TD UMass

UMass 21(2pt good)
Delaware 0

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 5th, 2005, 01:25 PM
All jokes aside...as much as I have trashed Riccio last year and this year.....Keler needs to seriously consider the future of this team. We are having a losing season let Carty start the rest of the season. Riccio simply CANNOT get the job done. Geeze all this typing today I should become a sports writer....lol. I could be Riccio's ghostwriter....lol Theonly experience Carty has is when he played back-up for Hall and then playing time was minimal.

McUMass
November 5th, 2005, 01:28 PM
At least you're semi-objective

umassfan
November 5th, 2005, 01:29 PM
All jokes aside...as much as I have trashed Riccio last year and this year.....Keler needs to seriously consider the future of this team. We are having a losing season let Carty start the rest of the season. Riccio simply CANNOT get the job done. Geeze all this typing today I should become a sports writer....lol. I could be Riccio's ghostwriter....lol Theonly experience Carty has is when he played back-up for Hall and then playing time was minimal.
I think your WRs are the issue not your QB... Riccio cant throw to himself... sure that last throw was a bonehead play but a rookie could have done the same.

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 5th, 2005, 01:30 PM
lol...dont use big words like that for me...You'll get me all confused....lol

umassfan
November 5th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Steve Costello INTs the hail mary to end the half.

UMass 21
Delaware 0

Stats at the half:

UMass 42 plays for 243 yards
Delaware 22 plays for 78 yards

Coen 14-16 for 158 yards 1 rushing td
Riccio 3-9 for 29 yards and 2 ints

Brandon London 4 catchs for 47 yards(playing with a broken wrist)

Time of Poss

UMass 20:16
Delaware 9:44

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 5th, 2005, 01:44 PM
CARTY! CARTY! CARTY! CARTY!.....lol...We have nothing to lose...why not. :deadhorse

umassfan
November 5th, 2005, 01:45 PM
CARTY! CARTY! CARTY! CARTY!.....lol...We have nothing to lose...why not. :deadhorse
You think they will take Riccio out on SR day?

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 5th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Even though Riccio can not throw to himself....I haven't seen him do anythong overly impressive for the 2 years that he has started for us. I mean you have QBs that suck...good QBs and great QBs.....I classify him a tad below a good QB. yah you are right chances are slim that they'll pull him...but I mean they need to let Carty have some snaps. Next year Carty will be a SR....and I guarantee Delaware is gonna go out and offer some Junior QB and ride or take a transfer and slide him into the starting spot. Carty could be a good QB if given the chance.

blukeys
November 5th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Still the worst tackling Delaware team I have seen EVER.

umassfan
November 5th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Even though Riccio can not throw to himself....I haven't seen him do anythong overly impressive for the 2 years that he has started for us. I mean you have QBs that suck...good QBs and great QBs.....I classify him a tad beloe a good QB.
I know what you mean... I am just glad Coen is now playing for UMass... He will hold every UMass passing record by the time he graduates.

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 5th, 2005, 02:05 PM
TD UMASS...again

umassfan
November 5th, 2005, 02:05 PM
84 yard TD pass from Coen to Rancher

UMass 28
Delaware 0

Old Cage
November 5th, 2005, 02:07 PM
The UD secondary looks like the same dudes that play for the Pats on Sundays.

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 5th, 2005, 02:09 PM
2nd longest pass in UMASS history so they say on CN8

umassfan
November 5th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Delaware scored when they shouldnt have had the ball... but anyways

UMass 28
Delaware 7

umassfan
November 5th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Shannon James comes up with his 4th INT of the year and it was Riccios 3rd INT of the game.

ISUMatt
November 5th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Delaware scored when they shouldnt have had the ball... but anyways

UMass 28
Delaware 7

Even when you are up big, you are bitter!!!

umassfan
November 5th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Even when you are up big, you are bitter!!!
Did you see the measurement? If not then I think you need to shut your mouth.

UMass922
November 5th, 2005, 02:44 PM

Dude.

Up three touchdowns.

Calm down.

umassfan
November 5th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Our 3rd RB Montgomery runs 10 yards for a TD

UMass 35
Delaware 7

ISUMatt
November 5th, 2005, 02:49 PM

STFU Jackass, your team is up big and you are crying for calls...LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

umassfan
November 5th, 2005, 03:04 PM
STFU Jackass, your team is up big and you are crying for calls...LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im just stating the facts... Hows your team doing ;)

McUMass
November 5th, 2005, 03:08 PM
gee i wonder why so many people on this board hate umass :nonono2:

ISUMatt
November 5th, 2005, 03:09 PM
We are up big and I am happy not crying about ball possession

umassfan
November 5th, 2005, 03:11 PM
We are up big and I am happy not crying about ball possession
I was not crying about it just stating that call kept their only scoring drive alive... Its no big deal. And I know you were winning big. Just felt like asking you. No hard feeling :p

ISUMatt
November 5th, 2005, 03:12 PM
no problems

McUMass
November 5th, 2005, 03:26 PM
35-7 game, set, match

umassfan
November 5th, 2005, 03:27 PM
35-7 game, set, match
Coen is quickly becoming one of the top QBs in this conference. Didnt take the kid long.

ChickenMan
November 5th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Coen is quickly becoming one of the top QBs in this conference. Didnt take the kid long.

Coen would be the top QB in the nation... if he could go up ahgainst UD's DBs every week. They're some of the worst cover guys I've seen in 35+ years of UD ball.

UMass played a good... not great game... but UD played their worst game of the year. I expected a similar effort to the one UD had vs JMU... but no dice. UMass' defense is good and they look like they finally have a passing game. If they make they playoffs... they could do some damage.

Only negative relative to UMass... too many dumb penalties... it didn't matter today... but vs a normal UD team that could have really cost them.

As for UD... very disapointing that the young players aren't showing much improvement. UD still has many of the same problems that were obvious early in the year. A poor effort today... I expected much more with the Hens playing at the Tub.

bkrownd
November 5th, 2005, 05:04 PM
gee i wonder why so many people on this board hate umass :nonono2:

HE HATE ME!!! BWWWAAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!

xazzx xlolx

bkrownd
November 5th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Hopefully Army won't put a spanking on the Minutemen next week, and ruin their playoff position. Pretty bonehead to schedule a I-A game in November.

89Hen
November 5th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Just back from Newark. Congrats UMass. Thought it would be a lot closer, but there was a huge difference on both sides of the ball today. Still love Omar, but can't stand Sonny. Told the guy behind me that his only redeeming quality is that he's a senior and will be gone next year. :(

Hansel
November 5th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Hopefully Army won't put a spanking on the Minutemen next week, and ruin their playoff position. Pretty bonehead to schedule a I-A game in November.
Army is a very winnable game, a W there will greatly boost the MMen heading into the playoffs

dbackjon
November 5th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Army is a very winnable game, a W there will greatly boost the MMen heading into the playoffs

Army is now on a two-game win streak, having beaten Akron and Air Force back to back.

UMass922
November 5th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Army is now on a two-game win streak, having beaten Akron and Air Force back to back.

Yep. And even though Air Force is down this year, that's still a respectable, competitive team--and one that's absolutely owned Army in recent years. So the Cadets will be coming off what's probably one of their best wins in the last few years. Army also nearly pulled off an upset over Iowa St. earlier in the year.

I think it's hard to say, then, how "winnable" a game it's going to be for the Minutemen next week. Very hard to judge these kinds of matchups between bottom-feeder I-A's and top-tier I-AA's. The important thing is that UMass beat Delaware today, so that regardless of what happens against Army next Saturday, the Minuteman will have their playoff destiny in their own hands against Hofstra.

Needless to say, however, I hope they approach the Army game like it's a must-win.

bkrownd
November 5th, 2005, 11:36 PM
The important thing is that UMass beat Delaware today, so that regardless of what happens against Army next Saturday, the Minuteman will have their playoff destiny in their own hands against Hofstra.

I totally disagree. The selection committee has shown that they DO consider the results of the I-A games, and especially in November. A loss to Army WILL hurt their playoff position. A bad loss at West Point could leave them needing to thump Hofstra good to get in at all.

umassfan
November 6th, 2005, 01:35 AM
I totally disagree. The selection committee has shown that they DO consider the results of the I-A games, and especially in November. A loss to Army WILL hurt their playoff position. A bad loss at West Point could leave them needing to thump Hofstra good to get in at all.
WRONG... no matter what we do vs Army... a win vs Hofstra has us in the playoffs no questions asked. A 8-3 UMass team would not be left out!

UMass922
November 6th, 2005, 01:43 AM

I don't think UMass would need to "thump" Hofstra. Winning that game in whatever fashion should certainly be enough. I don't see how the committee could leave out a UMass team that would be 7-1 in the A-10, 8-2 against I-AA, and have a very high GPI.

A loss to Army could certainly affect where UMass is placed in the bracket, and it would mean UMass would HAVE to beat Hofstra to get in the playoffs. But the Army game is not make-or-break.

bkrownd
November 6th, 2005, 05:34 AM
What about the lack of quality wins? The best win is #22 Richmond? Richmond might not even finish ranked. Strength-of-schedule is way down this year. That's a sore point. 8-3 isn't going to mean much if quality wins aren't there. A lot of those 8 are hovering around 4-5 or 5-4 and many of the 8 could end up with losing records this year.

ChickenMan
November 6th, 2005, 07:27 AM
If UMass finishes 8-3... they're in... no doubt about it! However their not in yet... Army will be tough and if Hofstra comes to play in the final game... UMass will have a battle on their hands in Hempstead.

Hopefully UMass can win out and get a seed. If they do I think that both UMass and UNH have enough talent to reach Chattanooga... particularly if they both get to play a couple of playoff games at home.

ChickenMan
November 6th, 2005, 07:50 AM
Just wanted to add that although UD played their worst game of the year yesterday... UMass is definately the 'best' team... by a large margin... that the Hens have faced so far this season. If UMass continues to play at their current level... I like their chances to get to Chattanooga.

Umass74
November 6th, 2005, 08:01 AM
Hopefully UMass can win out and get a seed. If they do I think that both UMass and UNH have enough talent to reach Chattanooga... particularly if they both get to play a couple of playoff games at home.

Thanks, Chicken man. I think UNH, UMass and Richmond are playing at a high level right now and could do some damage in the playoffs.

And FWIW, I think, despite all the emoting on the Hens board, the only problem with Delaware is the injuries you had this year. No I-AA team could take that level of losses and still field a competive team.

We had a year like that in 2001. By the last game of the year we had four freshman (two true freshman) playing on the offensive line. We had 36 total yards of rushing against Richmond and ended up 3-8. Next year all the wounded were better and we were 8-4.

Good luck.

ChickenMan
November 6th, 2005, 08:24 AM
A tough year for the Hens... but I knew going in that things would have to go well if UD was to have a shot at the playoffs. Unfortunately things went about as bad as you can get and UD is now looking at a rare losing season. But it's happened before and the Hens have always bounced back to prominence. I'm already looking forward to next season... hopefully the 'breaks' will go our way in '06.

Sam Adams
November 6th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Cuff is fantastic. All joking and smack aside, the hens have a great tradition and unfortunately they will return to their former selves pretty quickly.

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 6th, 2005, 11:10 AM
I had to sign off...it was just getting to unbearable for me. My hat is off to UMASS and the minutemen. They totaly dominated the hens yesterday. Coen is AWESOME...enough said. Like chickenman said this has to be the worst secondary that Delaware has had in many years. No focus I guess. I will say this...for all you suckers out there...like it or not the Atlantic 10 is bringin home the championship from Chatty again for htree years straight...DEAL WITH IT!!!!

Go A-10

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 6th, 2005, 11:19 AM
ahhh I almost forgot....I have to continue my Sonny Sucks campaign....lol.....Once again the Hens are losing BIG and Sonny has to out due to some kind of injury to his elbow.....happens every time doesn't it SONNY!!!!!????? You BUM!

GannonFan
November 7th, 2005, 08:42 AM
What about the lack of quality wins? The best win is #22 Richmond? Richmond might not even finish ranked. Strength-of-schedule is way down this year. That's a sore point. 8-3 isn't going to mean much if quality wins aren't there. A lot of those 8 are hovering around 4-5 or 5-4 and many of the 8 could end up with losing records this year.

An 8-3 team from the A10 will be in the playoffs this year - UMass needs to win one of the last two, which amazingly both are looking a bit more difficult now than before, and they'll be in. I'm not convinced UMass is going far in the playoffs this year, but I am convinced 8-3 gets them in (and 7-4 leaves them home).

LacesOut
November 7th, 2005, 08:54 AM
I guess UNH is a pretty damn good team to beat UMass and put up 30+ points.

Congrats UMass. A well placed ass whooping. Like someone said earlier, it seemed like men against boys on that field, especially along the O and D lines. It also seemed like any play UMass wanted to run, it would succeed.

bkrownd
November 7th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Like someone said earlier, it seemed like men against boys on that field, especially along the O and D lines.

Huh, that sounds like a reversal of last year's game, when Delaware's O-line pushed Massachusetts' D-line all over the field. The real battles happen in the trenches.