PDA

View Full Version : 2 former socon coaches doin great in FBS

AsuBucETSU34
October 9th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Bobby Johnson who use to coach at Furman is doing a GREAT job at Vandy.. and paul johnson has been good where ever he has went so far... with navy been very good.. to GT bein a ACC Champ Contender

idk bout you but i think the socon have the best coaches in the country... back then and now... i just noticed how crazy that was....

xcoffeex

Sir William
October 9th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Mark this down and etch it in stone:

Bobby Johnson will be the head football coach at Clemson next season. xnodx

Reign of Terrier
October 10th, 2008, 06:19 AM
Jerry Moore and Mike Ayers would probably do well in FBS, but they don't want to go. Fine with me.

Tealblood
October 10th, 2008, 06:34 AM

I've heard same thing and you are probably right

blueballs
October 10th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Jerry Moore and Mike Ayers would probably do well in FBS, but they don't want to go. Fine with me.

No doubt about it and there will be a time when FBS calls Higgins, Lembo and Hatcher too.

appfan2008
October 10th, 2008, 07:14 AM

him or skip holtz

OL FU
October 10th, 2008, 07:15 AM

I suppose that means I will have to root for Clemsonxconfusedx

It would be interesting to see Johnson and Johnson back in the same conferencexthumbsupx

94Terrier
October 10th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Growing up as a Clemson fan, and knowing it's painful to watch nowadays, I would love nothing more than to see Bowden gone and someone like Bobby Johnson in as coach. I just don't know if Clemson will pay that $4 million buyout that is attached to his contract (which he just signed in the offseason as part of his extension). If I had that kind of money, I'd give it to the school to get rid of him.

I wish Bobby much continued success at Vandy, just as he had with the Purple Flurples.

ASUG8
October 10th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Isn't there a guy named Mack Brown who's done pretty well also?

BeauFoster
October 10th, 2008, 09:29 AM

I think he used to coach at some little school in Texas, but I haven't heard his name lately. I seem to remember him stopping in Boone for a year, too.

OL FU
October 10th, 2008, 10:11 AM
I assume they are talking current FBS coaches. There is a list of former SoCon coaches who succeeded from Sheridan to Ross. I can't remember if W&M was in the Socon when Holtz was there. But I assume the discussion was limited to current.

OL FU
October 10th, 2008, 10:12 AM
I assume they are talking current FBS coaches. There is a list of former SoCon coaches who succeeded from Sheridan to Ross. I can't remember if W&M was in the Socon when Holtz was there. But I assume the discussion was limited to current.

I checked. W&M was in the SoCon when Holtz coached there.

PhoenixPhan06
October 10th, 2008, 10:13 AM
No doubt about it and there will be a time when FBS calls Higgins, Lembo and Hatcher too.

I agree, but hopefully we can hold onto Pete for a few more seasons. Thats the hardest part of landing a quality coach on the FCS level. You want them to be as successful as possible for your school, but not so successful that the big dogs lure him away to the FBS. Here's to afew more great years under Lembo!

xbowx xbowx

JDC325
October 10th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Bobby Johnson who use to coach at Furman is doing a GREAT job at Vandy.. and paul johnson has been good where ever he has went so far... with navy been very good.. to GT bein a ACC Champ Contender

idk bout you but i think the socon have the best coaches in the country... back then and now... i just noticed how crazy that was....

xcoffeex

PJ did a great job at Navy.

The Moody1
October 10th, 2008, 05:17 PM

He became "dead to me" the day he became a tarhole. :D

furman94
October 10th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Dang I wish we still had Bobby (J)! Not complaining with Lamb, but DANG!

phoenixphanatic21
October 11th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Great to see those guys doing well. I hope the best for them.
And sadly, I am also counting down the days until Lembo leaves because a FBS school comes calling for him. xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingx I just hope he doesn't leave before I graduate...and maybe before my 10 year reunion. That'd be nice.

tribe_pride
October 11th, 2008, 11:52 AM
I checked. W&M was in the SoCon when Holtz coached there.

True but that was pre I-A and I-AA

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 11th, 2008, 12:46 PM
BJ's record is not that great but you have to consider the situation he is in. Vandy (as a program) is a boy among men in the SEC. He may be the most underrated coach in the FBS.

PJ is doing well also. Can't wait until his offensive machine is fully greased and tuned up. No one will stop them and he is going to shut up the people that don't think the option offense can work in BCS football.