PDA

View Full Version : UTM over EIU

Weems
October 9th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Huge win tonight for the Skyhawks! We played a really sloppy first half, but came out in the second half and were able to take control. Were down 17-7 at half... or something close to that. Final score- 29-26 UTM

http://utmsports.com/fullstory.cfm?id=3369

jsugamecocks1
October 9th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Congrats to the Skyhawks on their big win.

JaxSinfonian
October 9th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Wow.

Officially circling Oct. 23 on my calendar. So glad that game will be on ESPNU.

Congrats, Skyhawks. Tough luck, Panthers.

jsugamecocks1
October 9th, 2008, 11:03 PM
That will be a big game for the Gamecocks we can't overlook anybody especially this weekend against EKU

Cocky
October 10th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Surprised me, Great win.
Be carefull or Chattanooga may come after your coach.

Weems
October 10th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Surprised me, Great win.
Be carefull or Chattanooga may come after your coach.

HAHA, thats the truth. To be honest, and it could be just coach speak, but Simpson has said over and over, he loves it here in West TN. I think he is trying to build a program here, and that is something that i am excitedabout!

Cocky
October 10th, 2008, 07:27 AM
He is doing a good job of building, too. Throw some good money at him.

bigbluetiger
October 10th, 2008, 07:55 AM
wow!!

drpnut
October 10th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Unless EIU gets a lot of help from other schools I believe playoffs are not in the picture this year. They are done.

Weems
October 10th, 2008, 09:11 AM
He is doing a good job of building, too. Throw some good money at him.

I wish! UTM has a really lousy athletic budget... Anyways, he used to coach at Jax State too. QB's coach i think?

KAUMASS
October 10th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Unless EIU gets a lot of help from other schools I believe playoffs are not in the picture this year. They are done.

I agree. EIU will have to run the table to be 8-4 on the year. EIU is still a good team, they are going to play spoiler for some OVC teams with playoff inspirations the next few weeks.

Nice win by UTM.

hawkeye
October 10th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Huge win tonight for the Skyhawks! We played a really sloppy first half, but came out in the second half and were able to take control. Were down 17-7 at half... or something close to that. Final score- 29-26 UTM

http://utmsports.com/fullstory.cfm?id=3369

Just got back from Martin this morning. Great win for us. I will say EIU has some great athletes and that is why this win means so much. I under estimated their quarterback. Glad to have this one behind us. After winning this game it makes the OT loss against TSU even more painful. Back to back against two great teams.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 10th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Not to be confused with UMT...xsmiley_wix

wkuhillhound
October 10th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Just got back from Martin this morning. Great win for us. I will say EIU has some great athletes and that is why this win means so much. I under estimated their quarterback. Glad to have this one behind us. After winning this game it makes the OT loss against TSU even more painful. Back to back against two great teams.

Great win for the Skyhawks. A possible 2nd playoff appearance this decade..... xnodx

USFan123
October 10th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Way to go Skyhawks!