PDA

View Full Version : TSN - FCS Previews (Week 7)

danefan
October 9th, 2008, 02:22 PM
http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4184353

OL FU
October 9th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Not shy about picking the upsets this weekxeyebrowx

WrenFGun
October 9th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Looks like W&M over UNH is the trendy pick this week, despite the fact that it's in Durham. Hard to fault people, though.

danefan
October 9th, 2008, 02:38 PM
How about Northeastern over UMass.

FargoBison
October 9th, 2008, 02:44 PM
After reading his NDSU prediction I kind of wonder if he knew NDSU is playing at home and not at WIU.

WrenFGun
October 9th, 2008, 02:46 PM

Fair, but at least Northeastern is at home...sort of.

gt_bison
October 9th, 2008, 02:48 PM
After reading his NDSU prediction I kind of wonder if he knew NDSU is playing at home and not at WIU.

Agreed. I expect a tight game, but the Bison have found ways to win at home and haven't dropped a game there in almost three years (22 October 2005, UC-Davis), so using the fact that the Bison have struggled on the road this year to predict they lose at home doesn't make any sense. Of course, they didn't bother to get the game time right, either.

Pitz
October 9th, 2008, 03:14 PM

Anything can happen in that neighborhood.

UNHWildCats
October 9th, 2008, 03:16 PM
is this even real? I notice the link starts with an ip number as opposed to a www address.

danefan
October 9th, 2008, 03:18 PM
is this even real? I notice the link starts with an ip number as opposed to a www address.

No, I made it up.

Of course its real. Its linked straight from the TSN site.

UNHWildCats
October 9th, 2008, 03:19 PM
well it isnt hard to copy a websites HTML code and alter it some :p i did that a few years ago with yahoo sports changing some scores lol

danefan
October 9th, 2008, 03:20 PM
well it isnt hard to copy a websites HTML code and alter it some :p i did that a few years ago with yahoo sports changing some scores lol

true, but I don't have that much time on my hands.xeyebrowx

But seriously, if you go in from the www.sportsnetwork.com (http://www.sportsnetwork.com) and follow the links to teh FCS section, the link for FCS Previews: Week 7 is in the box on the right-hand side.

And I just changed the link and it still works:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4184353

leatherneck177
October 9th, 2008, 03:48 PM

Agreed. I hope he realizes it is in Fargo. It is tough to tell, because that home field is quite siginificant.

UNI Pike
October 9th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Interesting how both Ill St and UNI have the 12th ranked rushing attack in the nation, though Ill St averages 216 yards and UNI averages 206 yards per game.

Proofreading is overrated.

http://www.shurhire.com/images/morons/barbiemath.gif

Purple Pride
October 9th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Not shy about picking the upsets this weekxeyebrowx
UCA over SHSU isn't an uupset. :D

th0m
October 10th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Did I miss something, or doesn't it say anywhere who wrote the preview?

danefan
October 10th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Did I miss something, or doesn't it say anywhere who wrote the preview?
It doesn't. I think its just TSN staff.

appfan2008
October 10th, 2008, 09:08 AM
well ill take the asu score they threw out there... so i am happy

OL FU
October 10th, 2008, 09:09 AM
UCA over SHSU isn't an uupset. :D

Not saying it was but T-Martin over EIU would have to be considered one, at least before the gamexsmiley_wix

smallcollegefbfan
October 10th, 2008, 09:41 AM
It doesn't. I think its just TSN staff.

It was likely their intern. I think Dave had them take his name off it so people would stop confusing his work and bash him.

IaaScribe
October 10th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Yeah, it was a little odd for them to talk about how NDSU struggles on the road as a reason for the Bison losing at home to WIU.

PhoenixPhan06
October 10th, 2008, 02:42 PM
THE Elon vs THE Citadel game will start to separate things a bit in the SoCon. Right now I feel that Elon is solidifying its spot at the top of the standings as a legit contender for the SoCon crown while The Citadel is at a cross roads in their season.

Elon will win this one and quiet all the nay sayers while The Citadel will be left to pick up the pieces. I see Elon putting recent history aside and showing that they are one of the three top tier teams in the SoCon (ASU and Wofford being the others) and The Citadel falling back to the middle of the standings.

I was surprised by the upset pick in the TSN predictions but I am certainly counting on a close game. I think The Citadel will hang in there for 3 quarters but then lose it in the fourth when Riddle and Hudgins simply take over the game.