PDA

View Full Version : CSN West: Weber State Revival

CSN-info
October 8th, 2008, 10:26 PM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/skins/andreas_01/img/82529_CSNWest.JPG
By Kent Schmidt, CSN West Columnist
In thinking of a title for this column, revival probably isn’t the correct term for this week’s topic of Weber State’s recent winning ways. A more proper term likely is winning for the first time in a decade and a half, but it’s difficult to put that into a single term so I stuck with “revival.”

The last time the Wildcats made the postseason was in 1991 when they had the Payton Award winner Jamie Martin as their quarterback. Present coach Ron McBride was the coach of Utah that season — just starting to get that team revitalized.Read more ... http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5&title=csn-west-weber-state-revival&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

I Bleed Purple
October 8th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Hey, I think we went 8-4 that year in '98. We haven't been horrible aside from that one win season either. Mostly 6-5 and 5-6.

cats2506
October 9th, 2008, 03:08 AM
Hey, I think we went 8-4 that year in '98. We haven't been horrible aside from that one win season either. Mostly 6-5 and 5-6.

Weber has always been a tough physical team, been a lot of close games over the years, I think everyone in the big sky knows it, but a lot of the rest of the country may not.

BTW I lke the CSN pick for the game, so they must know somthing xnodx

mvemjsunpx
October 9th, 2008, 03:49 AM

You guys actually went 6-5 in 1998 (after starting 5-0). The 8-4 year was 2003.

Walkon79
October 9th, 2008, 10:05 AM
I like both picks. EWU will give the Griz their second straight conference loss, then the Bobcats will knock the Eagles out of playoff contention when Eastern visits Bozeman next week.

cats2506
October 9th, 2008, 10:17 AM
I like both picks. EWU will give the Griz their second straight conference loss, then the Bobcats will knock the Eagles out of playoff contention when Eastern visits Bozeman next week.

xnodx xnodx