PDA

View Full Version : NEC Week 7

danefan
October 7th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Duquesne @ RMU 12:00 pm TV: FSN-Pittsburgh, Audio (http://goduquesne.cstv.com/multimedia/duqu-multimedia.html), Live Stats (http://goduquesne.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/duqu-08-gameday.html)
Sacred Heart @ St. Francis 1:00 p.m. Audio (http://sacredheartpioneers.cstv.com/multimedia/broadcast-sched-0809.html)
Central Conn. St. @ Albany, NY 1:00 pm Audio (http://www.foxsports980.com)
Monmouth @ Wagner 1 :00 pm
Bryant @ Marist 6:00pm

Game of the week:
Has to be CCSU @ Albany

danefan
October 7th, 2008, 11:23 AM
My predictions:

Duquesne @ RMU....Dukes passing game has come into its own. RMU played tough in the beginning of the year, but any team that loses to Sacred Heart can't be good, can they?

Sacred Heart @ St. Francis....Gotta pick SHU even though it will put them at 6-0.

Central Conn. St. @ Albany.....going with the Danes at home with a 7+ win.

Monmouth @ Wagner.....wagner=not good. Monmouth=good. Easy pick.

Bryant @ Marist....Any team that lost to Sacred Heart cannot be good can they? Bryant in a close one.

NFLCB2
October 7th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Duquesne @ RMU- RMU off to a slow start Duquesne gets the best of them
Sacred Heart @ St. Francis- Sacred Heart but the red flash will come to play just may not be enough
Central Conn. St. @ Albany, NY- this game could go either way.
Monmouth @ Wagner - pay back from last year
Bryant @ Marist - NEC

dgreco
October 7th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Duquesne @ RMU....Duquesne is just better than RMU. Dukes take this one with a little bit of ease

Sacred Heart @ St. Francis.... SHU at 6-0, yup...

Central Conn. St. @ Albany.....think CCSU is just riding a little high right now and this might be a game they can steal from UAlbany.

Monmouth @ Wagner.....Wagner is just a bad team this year.

Bryant @ Marist....Only 1 time will I pick against Bryant this year :D

All the road teams this week?

seahawkfan2007
October 7th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Duquesne (2-2) @ RMU (1-4): After losing four in a row RMU is looking to turn the ship. The Dukes have a big win vs. Dayton under their belts and gave Albany all they could handle last week. RMU keeps this close till the end. Duquesne 31-24
SHU (5-0) @ St. Francis (0-5): The records tell the story in this one even though St. Francis has had a much tougher road thus far. SHU has some mo after beating Bobby Mo and should keep it going. SHU 34-10CCSU (4-1) @ Albany (2-3): This could be the NEC championship game. Albany's philosophy of scheduling up early always seems to pay off in the end. CCSU is a good team and should make this a competitive game. Albany 24-17
Monmouth (3-3) @ Wagner (2-3): I'm out on a limb here. Wagner is banged up on "O" but most of the defenders that held down Sensi and Co. last year are back and healthy. Wagner 21-17
Bryant (3-2) @ Marist (1-5): Bryant has a great D-line and can score points. Bryant 28-20

BobbyMo
October 7th, 2008, 10:01 PM
RMU vs Duquesne: Pains me very much to say this, but this will not be a game. Dukes will roll. Probably by at VERY least 14. Hope I am wrong, but the Dukes have a stud QB and RMU hasn't played a complete game and have soooo many young guys going.

That said... GO COLONIALS

aceinthehole
October 8th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Duquesne @ RMU - The Dukes by at least 2 scores.

Sacred Heart @ St. Francis - This is as good as it gets for SHU this year.

Central Conn. St. @ Albany - CCSU "upsets" the Danes and becomes the latest NEC favorite.

Monmouth @ Wagner - MU is on a roll and is a quiet contender for the NEC title.

Bryant @ Marist - Bryant does the NEC proud!

redflash2
October 8th, 2008, 12:30 PM
I think this sacred heart vs. saint francis game is a first loss of the season game for sacred heart. SFU has wins against sacred heart for the past two seasons, I think nothing will change this year. Although we are 0-5 we have played every team tough although the score may not show.

Original_RMC
October 8th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Duquesne @ RMU - I think this game could have this young RMU team headed into the right direction for years to come or it could show that they are going to fold their tents. I think Duquesne will jump out early but some half time adjustments minus all the stupid mistakes the Colonials have been making all year will allow the Colonials back into the game and a late FG will have the Colonials partying at the Trivia Pub throughout the night.
RMU - 30 | Dukes - 28

Sacred Heart @ St. Francis - I think Coach Opfar will have his team ready to play. Red Flash strike fast and often as Sacred Heart comes back to Earth.
SFU - 27 | SHU - 17

Central Conn. St. @ Albany - huge game and this is a game I wish I could see on TV. I think a huge advantage is that Albany is at home. I think it will be close going into the 4th quarter but I think it will be too much McCarty for CCSU in the end.
Albany - 31 | CCSU - 21

Monmouth @ Wagner - Monmouth is too big and runs that Neveda Pistol offense very well. Monmouth rolls.
MU - 41 | Wagner - 17

Bryant @ Marist - Going with Bryant just because they now represent the NEC
Bryant - 21 | Marist - 17

Monmouth Fan
October 9th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Duquesne @ RMU
Sacred Heart @ St. Francis
Central Conn. St. @ Albany
Monmouth @ Wagner
Bryant @ Marist

rmutv
October 11th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Winners are RMU, Sacred Heart, Albany, Monmouth, and Marist.

dgreco
October 11th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Bryant might be done for the season. The only remaining starters form the defense are the twins and don smith form the d-line. They have now gone through 9! DB's and the good freshman Wagstaff is now out also. The oline also lost its only senior.

IDK if that is why the lost, the announcers were saying the team drove up today because of midterms and a saturday night game, but the ride took over 6 hours and it was double the longest ride anyone on the team has ever been in. Long and ****ty ride home.

Good wins for MU, UA, SHU, and RMU this weekend though,

Original_RMC
October 13th, 2008, 08:31 AM
w00t....RMU....great win on Saturday

BobbyMo
October 13th, 2008, 06:20 PM
RMU vs Duquesne: Pains me very much to say this, but this will not be a game. Dukes will roll. Probably by at VERY least 14. Hope I am wrong, but the Dukes have a stud QB and RMU hasn't played a complete game and have soooo many young guys going.

That said... GO COLONIALS

That's the kind of crow i like to eat... GOOD JOB RMU