PDA

View Full Version : WIU @ NDSU

spelunker64
October 7th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Let's make it 2 in a row in the FFD!

footballer23
October 7th, 2008, 10:30 AM
I think that come-from-behind win last week was the shot in the arm NDSU needed. Roehl was pumped and the crowd was as loud as I've heard. It's another sell-out and I think NDSU wins a tight, black and blue, beat-eachother-up game.

Thunderstruck84
October 7th, 2008, 11:14 AM
I don't know what to think. I thought for sure last week after sitting around for two weeks having to hear about all their deficiencies in their last two losses, playing in front of a sold-out-for-a-month-and-a-half homecoming crowd, and finally healthy the team would've came out with a fire in their belly. Obviously that wasn't the case, if they come out flat again Coach Bohl and his staff need to do some serious remodeling of their game week preparations.

Having said that I think the Bison are woken up from the start or wake up during the game again and win by 10.... and Donaldson rushes for 150+.

spelunker64
October 7th, 2008, 11:33 AM
We need to play a 5 qrt game, where we get beat down in the 1st...

Ivytalk
October 7th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Bison by 7 in game decided late.

appfan2008
October 7th, 2008, 02:51 PM
NDSU takes this one...

NDSUFREAK
October 7th, 2008, 03:11 PM
NDSU will get a big win at the FFD going into UNI the week after.

Grizzaholic
October 7th, 2008, 03:15 PM
I flipped a coin and voted for WIU. This game will probably come down to who does what with the ball in the last 5 minutes.

X-Factor
October 7th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Let's make it 2 in a row in the FFD!

spelunker, I see your catching on! xthumbsupx Nice poll xcoolx

BTW, NDSU wins. Although this year's game could be closer than the one in Macomb last year. WIU is a really good team and definitely can't sleep on these guys.

Herb had 273+ rushing yards last week xeekx

Go...gate
October 7th, 2008, 04:22 PM
AIR, WIU's Head Coach had a cancer diagnosis this past summer.

How is he making out? Is he on the sidelines?

darell1976
October 7th, 2008, 04:34 PM
NDSU 50 WIU 48 in 3OT

UNIFanSince1983
October 7th, 2008, 07:24 PM
These are two grind it out teams, I don't think they score that many points even with 3OTs.

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2008, 07:33 PM
It says I voted for WIU. I find that hard to believe.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 7th, 2008, 07:38 PM
I think the Bison will be fine in this game. WIU is a straight ahead running team....not the spread, which has given the Bison fits. Donaldson is a big back but the defense just needs to play assignment sharp and fill the gaps.

If the Bison play a full 4 quarters this game is a definite win for the Bison. Make mistakes and take unnecessary penalties than WIU can definitely win this one.

Dome is sold-out and will be loud again.

Bison win by 2 tds

JackTwice
October 7th, 2008, 07:45 PM
NDSU by 13 - 17 @ home.

Thundar
October 7th, 2008, 07:48 PM
I think the Bison will be fine in this game. WIU is a straight ahead running team....not the spread, which has given the Bison fits. Donaldson is a big back but the defense just needs to play assignment sharp and fill the gaps.

If the Bison play a full 4 quarters this game is a definite win for the Bison. Make mistakes and take unnecessary penalties than WIU can definitely win this one.

Dome is sold-out and will be loud again.

Bison win by 2 tds

Oh so true!!!!

dlsiouxfan
October 7th, 2008, 11:02 PM
35-14 WIU... This isn't your grandfather's Bison football team.

spelunker64
October 7th, 2008, 11:07 PM

Seeing how my grandpa is 91, that would have been the Casey Finnigan era of Bison football 1928-1940

Credited with getting the Bison athletic program out of the loss column and with initiating highly successful intramural and physical education programs. Head football coach and athletic director from 1928 to 1940, capturing two North Central Conference championships in 1932 and 1935. He took a sagging football program and established a winning tradition. Fargo Forum sports editor Eugene Fitzgerald coined the phrase “Finnegan Weather” to describe those crisp, invigorating autumn Saturday’s when Casey’s Herd was romping on the gridiron. Finnegan left in 1940 for a five-year hitch in the Army. Returned as athletic director in 1946 and held that post until 1957.

darell1976
October 8th, 2008, 08:05 AM
These are two grind it out teams, I don't think they score that many points even with 3OTs.

For the only Bison game i am going too it better last that long and be that exciting.:)

Sturgisjeff
October 8th, 2008, 05:25 PM
WIU wins a squeaker in the last minute, and SDSU has to come from behind and score a last second td against a tough BYE team,

Houndawg
October 8th, 2008, 06:01 PM

xrolleyesx Your hat is too tight. NDSU is a good team.

JackTwice
October 8th, 2008, 07:10 PM
WIU wins a squeaker in the last minute, and SDSU has to come from behind and score a last second td against a tough BYE team,

I am expecting a serious defensive battle with SDSU pulling it out with a last second safety 2-0

darell1976
October 8th, 2008, 07:57 PM
I know nothing about WIU so anyone here can give me a little 411 on them, are they normally a good team or are they on the rebuild, I know all about NDSU, so any info on WIU would be helpful.

skinny_uncle
October 8th, 2008, 09:33 PM
I know nothing about WIU so anyone here can give me a little 411 on them, are they normally a good team or are they on the rebuild, I know all about NDSU, so any info on WIU would be helpful.
WIU is a better than average team because they have one of the top running backs around in Herb Donaldson. He's second in the FCS in rushing at 166 yds/game. They also play pretty strong D.
I think the Bison win this one at home.

stevdock
October 8th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Homer pick but I think we are honestly the better team and we are playing at home.

I know all about Donaldson and they are a very physical team, but what can you guys tell me about their Defense??

MSUBear42
October 8th, 2008, 10:37 PM

He was on the sidelines for the MSU game it was awesome to see him there.

I know I predicted NDSU in the MVFC Predict thread, but I have a good feeling for WIU.

WIU by 3

Donaldson 180 yards

Bison311
October 8th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Homer pick but I think we are honestly the better team and we are playing at home.

I know all about Donaldson and they are a very physical team, but what can you guys tell me about their Defense??

I think I recall someone saying they only allow 88yds/game rushing?? Can anyone verify that?

FargoBison
October 8th, 2008, 10:51 PM
I think I recall someone saying they only allow 88yds/game rushing?? Can anyone verify that?
That sounds right to me, I remember it being around 88 yards

I also remember hearing a coach say that they run a scheme that is similar to what Cal Poly runs.

BisBison
October 8th, 2008, 11:10 PM

I know I predicted NDSU in the MVFC Predict thread, but I have a good feeling for WIU.

WIU by 3

Donaldson 180 yards

You may be right. I know I risk the wrath of Bison fans, but I for one am not impressed with our line play this year. And I mean BOTH lines D&O.

RabidRabbit
October 9th, 2008, 08:25 AM
By stacking the box, Jacks shut down Herb to only 43 yds on 17 carries, and stripped the ball once from him. When WIU ALMOST came back in the 2nd half, SDSU had lost two starters on D, and WIU changed O attack to short passes and slants to move the ball. Giving up the 2nd half KO to Jacks back to Necks on interception on 2nd play really allowed WIU back in.

IF NDSU plays D like through 1st half of WYO, and shuts down WIU running game, then NDSU wins. If NDSU plays D like YSU game, WIU will win, even in Fargo.

spelunker64
October 9th, 2008, 08:39 AM
You may be right. I know I risk the wrath of Bison fans, but I for one am not impressed with our line play this year. And I mean BOTH lines D&O.

O played better last game, D-line has been average at best all year. Zero pass rush really. Lardinois needs to be benched and Gratzek needs to step up his play. The two young DEs have shown some promise and I expect them to get on the field more.

Our big Samoan has come along as well.

SteelCurtain
October 9th, 2008, 04:10 PM
NDSU is back. I expect them to come up and play the way the did through the first half of the wyoming game and the second half last week. We have all our players back and it took a half to knock off the rust last week. D looked great in the second half and Tyler will do his thing. I think Tyler will be the one with the big game. Not Herb. We shut this guy down last year and we will do it again Sat. The dome will be rocking I predict NDSU 35 WIU 17

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 9th, 2008, 08:21 PM

WIU by 3

Donaldson 180 yards

No way Donaldson runs for 180. Bison have had trouble against the spread and little slashing backs. WIU runs straight ahead. If Bison play assignment sharp defense and fill the gaps they should win by 2 tds.

FFD is sold-out and will be loud.

Look out Leathernecks:D

MSUBear42
October 9th, 2008, 10:55 PM
They don't always run up the middle, we got burnt a few times with their 2nd string/speed back (Gibbs) and he was just as good an RB as Donaldson.

Twentysix
October 10th, 2008, 03:05 AM
NDSU wins by 7, both defense shut everything down. 10-3 NDSU.

pwbnd
October 10th, 2008, 10:05 AM

Article about WIU's coach in the Fargo paper today...

http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/217837