PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky power rankings---10/6

JALMOND
October 6th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Face it, Big Sky fans, the conference got blown up this past weekend. History has always shown that any type of win on the road in conference play is a good win, regardless of the record, and that is not any more true than this year. Parity is a good thing, but here we are after the first week in October, when most years we are separating the haves from the have nots, we can objectively say that there are possibly seven teams that any one team could represent the conference in the FCS playoffs at the end of the year. Here are this week's power rankings. All are my opinion and all are open for discussion (a lot of discussion as they are a mess). This week (last week)...

1. Weber State (3)---To paraphase LL Cool J, "Don't call it an upset!" Sure the Wildcats hadn't beaten the Griz since 1999 (and no one had in 25 straight conference games), but really looking at it on paper, the Wildcats had a really good shot at winning and they capitalized on it. Obviously a force to be reckoned with at home, this week they head to Bozeman and Montana State. Can they keep the momentum going?

2. Montana (2)---The other side of the coin is, so what happened to the Grizzlies? They had been tested on the road already, beating a good Cal Poly team. Is this a rebuilding year, where everyone can have their shots at them within the conference? The game with Weber State was a tune up, how about this week at Eastern Washington? Do or die for the Griz.

3. Northern Arizona (4)---All the focus has been on Montana and Eastern Washington (and to some extent Weber State), yet the Jacks have been flying under the radar. They have shown they are ready to make a claim for the title, too. They can win on the road and be dominate at home, like last week against Sacramento State. This week, the high flying circus, Portland State, comes calling. Time to make a bigger dot on the radar screen?

4. Eastern Washington (1)---Just coast, Eagles, just coast. A quick win in Portland then the big showdown with the Griz. Life can't be any sweeter. But wait. A record setting performance from Portland State and suddenly this week's game with Montana has become much bigger, in that the loser will have a very tough road ahead. At least the game is in Cheney, yet the Eagles have had a tough time with the Griz at home. As noted above, do or die for the Eagles.

5. Montana State (5)---So, who can win on the road in conference? How about the Bobcats, winners at Idaho State. It may just be Idaho State, but a road win in conference is still a win. Hard to move with the dust still flying in the conference, but this week, a home game against Weber State. The key word, especially this year, is HOME.

6. Portland State (8)---Rise from the ashes, come back home and the Vikings blow up the conference race, making the win over Eastern Washington look rather easy (until late in the fourth). Vikings included in the playoff talks? Maybe a little early but winning against the Eagles could go a long way. This week, they go to Flagstaff to face Northern Arizona, another team looking for respect. Who will earn it?

7. Sacramento State (6)---Breezing along, relishing the sleeper role within the conference and then the Hornets get steamrolled by the Jacks in Flagstaff. Nothing went right and the score showed it. How about a week off. The Hornets will need it as their next three conference opponents are Montana, Montana State and Eastern Washington. Ugh!

8. Northern Colorado (7)---Just when things can't get any worse for the Bears, they do. Once again, victory is snatched from them late against UC-Davis, after controlling the game pretty much throughout. Sounds like a whole lot of Bad News? This week, a home game against Idaho State. Will this game get stolen away in the end as well?

9. Idaho State (9)---Home team, conference game, home win, right? Maybe, unless you are the Bengals and you're playing Montana State. Staying close is one thing, but when you are the home team, you should get the win and the Bengals did not. How will they do on the road? Soon to find out as they head to Greeley to face Northern Colorado.

As I said, a mess. Pretty much a tossup between the top 5, and PSU and Sac State not all that far behind. Also, both UNC and ISU could still crawl back in it, especially with both of them playing each other this week.

dbackjon
October 6th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Good rankings. #3 for NAU is fine, for now.

I would flip Sac and UNC, based on how they played NAU, the only common opponent.

And NAU has a road conference victory, as well.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 6th, 2008, 09:16 PM
I'd flip Montana and NAU... UM is 0-1 in the conference, and NAU has the momentum going into this week after drumbbing SAC. I have to root for MSU now to really throw a monkey wrench into the mix.

GOKATS
October 6th, 2008, 09:53 PM
I'd flip Montana and NAU... UM is 0-1 in the conference, and NAU has the momentum going into this week after drumbbing SAC. I have to root for MSU now to really throw a monkey wrench into the mix.

You guys take care of the fizz this weekend and we'll take care of the alley cats. Should be a fun week in the Big Sky.

Wolfman
October 6th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Face it, Big Sky fans, the conference got blown up this past weekend. History has always shown that any type of win on the road in conference play is a good win, regardless of the record, and that is not any more true than this year. Parity is a good thing, but here we are after the first week in October, when most years we are separating the haves from the have nots, we can objectively say that there are possibly seven teams that any one team could represent the conference in the FCS playoffs at the end of the year. Here are this week's power rankings. All are my opinion and all are open for discussion (a lot of discussion as they are a mess). This week (last week)...

1. Weber State (3)---To paraphase LL Cool J, "Don't call it an upset!" Sure the Wildcats hadn't beaten the Griz since 1999 (and no one had in 25 straight conference games), but really looking at it on paper, the Wildcats had a really good shot at winning and they capitalized on it. Obviously a force to be reckoned with at home, this week they head to Bozeman and Montana State. Can they keep the momentum going?

2. Montana (2)---The other side of the coin is, so what happened to the Grizzlies? They had been tested on the road already, beating a good Cal Poly team. Is this a rebuilding year, where everyone can have their shots at them within the conference? The game with Weber State was a tune up, how about this week at Eastern Washington? Do or die for the Griz.

3. Northern Arizona (4)---All the focus has been on Montana and Eastern Washington (and to some extent Weber State), yet the Jacks have been flying under the radar. They have shown they are ready to make a claim for the title, too. They can win on the road and be dominate at home, like last week against Sacramento State. This week, the high flying circus, Portland State, comes calling. Time to make a bigger dot on the radar screen?

4. Eastern Washington (1)---Just coast, Eagles, just coast. A quick win in Portland then the big showdown with the Griz. Life can't be any sweeter. But wait. A record setting performance from Portland State and suddenly this week's game with Montana has become much bigger, in that the loser will have a very tough road ahead. At least the game is in Cheney, yet the Eagles have had a tough time with the Griz at home. As noted above, do or die for the Eagles.

5. Montana State (5)---So, who can win on the road in conference? How about the Bobcats, winners at Idaho State. It may just be Idaho State, but a road win in conference is still a win. Hard to move with the dust still flying in the conference, but this week, a home game against Weber State. The key word, especially this year, is HOME.

6. Portland State (8)---Rise from the ashes, come back home and the Vikings blow up the conference race, making the win over Eastern Washington look rather easy (until late in the fourth). Vikings included in the playoff talks? Maybe a little early but winning against the Eagles could go a long way. This week, they go to Flagstaff to face Northern Arizona, another team looking for respect. Who will earn it?

7. Sacramento State (6)---Breezing along, relishing the sleeper role within the conference and then the Hornets get steamrolled by the Jacks in Flagstaff. Nothing went right and the score showed it. How about a week off. The Hornets will need it as their next three conference opponents are Montana, Montana State and Eastern Washington. Ugh!

8. Northern Colorado (7)---Just when things can't get any worse for the Bears, they do. Once again, victory is snatched from them late against UC-Davis, after controlling the game pretty much throughout. Sounds like a whole lot of Bad News? This week, a home game against Idaho State. Will this game get stolen away in the end as well?

9. Idaho State (9)---Home team, conference game, home win, right? Maybe, unless you are the Bengals and you're playing Montana State. Staying close is one thing, but when you are the home team, you should get the win and the Bengals did not. How will they do on the road? Soon to find out as they head to Greeley to face Northern Colorado.

As I said, a mess. Pretty much a tossup between the top 5, and PSU and Sac State not all that far behind. Also, both UNC and ISU could still crawl back in it, especially with both of them playing each other this week.

It is a toss-up between EWU, Weber, and NAU. The Griz and Bobcats are in the second tier of the conference. Hard for Griz fans to swallow.

Before Bobby Hauck became our head coach, the word "rebuild" was not part of the Griz vobabulary.... it was "reload"! Just another example of the stupor and acceptance of mediocrity that Hauck has laid on these sugar coating fans over the past five seasons. Hell, they EXPECT IT now!

The Wolfman knew from the get-go that Bobby Hauck was unqualified to be a head IAA football coach. It was a bad hire done simply because of the good ole' boy network which is used to fill every position in the athletic department at UM. National searches are done merely for show, and the winner is picked before the interviews even take place.

Our head football coach has never been a head coach before, not even been a coordinator before. Our AD had no AD experience before we "promoted" him from some glorified secretarial role into the position. Once again, the good ole' boy network at Montana. Incestuous. And, the in-breeded is leading us down the *****ter.

But, the most pathetic part is that our fan base is too unsophisticated to demand more.

Just the facts, mam!

DuckDuckGriz
October 6th, 2008, 10:49 PM
It is a toss-up between EWU, Weber, and NAU. The Griz and Bobcats are in the second tier of the conference. Hard for Griz fans to swallow.

Before Bobby Hauck became our head coach, the word "rebuild" was not part of the Griz vobabulary.... it was "reload"! Just another example of the stupor and acceptance of mediocrity that Hauck has laid on these sugar coating fans over the past five seasons. Hell, they EXPECT IT now!

The Wolfman knew from the get-go that Bobby Hauck was unqualified to be a head IAA football coach. It was a bad hire done simply because of the good ole' boy network which is used to fill every position in the athletic department at UM. National searches are done merely for show, and the winner is picked before the interviews even take place.

Our head football coach has never been a head coach before, not even been a coordinator before. Our AD had no AD experience before we "promoted" him from some glorified secretarial role into the position. Once again, the good ole' boy network at Montana. Incestuous. And, the in-breeded is leading us down the *****ter.

But, the most pathetic part is that our fan base is too unsophisticated to demand more.

Just the facts, mam!

....What facts? Just more isht that even the biggest legitamite Griz-haters will disagree with. You never have facts, you run and hide when they are presented to you....You then counter with how much $$ you make or who you dine with.

Truly pathetic, boy.

Grizzaholic
October 6th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Great post once again from Jalmond, but a close second is DDG!

I Bleed Purple
October 6th, 2008, 11:26 PM
I would also put NAU ahead of Montana. That defense seems to be no fluke.

JALMOND
October 7th, 2008, 12:04 AM

I thought about it (I basically have the top 5 really close as it is). What made me keep the Griz at #2 is their win early at Cal Poly, a win that keeps looking better and better as the weeks go by. NAU's win on the road at Southern Utah is beginning to look not too shabby either after last week. Still, deciding factor right now, a road win at SLO trumps a road win at Cedar City.

Suffice to say, the winner in Cheney this weekend gets a chance to salvage their season, while the loser might take a big drop in these rankings.

uofmman1122
October 7th, 2008, 12:14 AM
I'd switch NAU and Montana as well.

NAU looked dominant against Sac, and Montana looked pretty bad. The win at Cal Poly is nice, but power rankings (as I see them) are about the play of a team at this current time compared to the rest of the conference.

Just like I said last week when I thought Weber should have been #1, right now the Jacks are playing better football than the Griz.
1. WSU
2. NAU
3. UM
4. EWU
5. MSU
6. PSU
7. UNC
8. CSUS
9. ISU
xpeacex

catbob
October 7th, 2008, 12:21 AM
I'm actually watching the NAU / Sac game right now. Sac got a safety against them when they intercepted a Kriessen pass on the 1 yard line... then got pinned inside the 2 another time... and then got pinned at the 1 a third time in the first half, in which the punter dropped the ball and NAU got a TD.

I'll finish watching the game, but so far NAU hasn't done anything to scare me too terribly yet. :)

Grizzaholic
October 7th, 2008, 12:26 AM
I'm actually watching the NAU / Sac game right now. Sac got a safety against them when they intercepted a Kriessen pass on the 1 yard line... then got pinned inside the 2 another time... and then got pinned at the 1 a third time in the first half, in which the punter dropped the ball and NAU got a TD.

I'll finish watching the game, but so far NAU hasn't done anything to scare me too terribly yet. :)

That sentence there is not good. Whenever it has been uttered before bad things have happened.

dbackjon
October 7th, 2008, 12:28 AM

SO that is what, 16 of the 41 points :)

Don't be scared. We aren't very good

I Bleed Purple
October 7th, 2008, 12:33 AM

How are you watching the game?

Grizzaholic
October 7th, 2008, 12:35 AM
The Bobcat game was on this morning on FSN. I am currently looking for the NAU game.

catbob
October 7th, 2008, 12:38 AM
I recorded it Sat but didn't have a chance to watch it... it makes nice study-material TV cuz for the most part I can ignore it. I have the sound just high enough to look up if I hear the announcers getting all hyper.

Wolfman
October 7th, 2008, 12:47 AM
....What facts? Just more isht that even the biggest legitamite Griz-haters will disagree with. You never have facts, you run and hide when they are presented to you....You then counter with how much $$ you make or who you dine with.

Truly pathetic, boy.

O.K. meathead, why not amuse us with details of why my post is not accurate? Are you saying that Hauck was qualified to be our head coach. Do you think that any other IAA program in America would have hired Hauck as their head coach when we did?

As for O'Day, once again, he had ZERO qualifications to be our AD.

Go ahead, smart guy. Amuse us with your rebuttals. xlolx

GolfingGriz
October 7th, 2008, 01:52 AM
O.K. meathead, why not amuse us with details of why my post is not accurate? Are you saying that Hauck was qualified to be our head coach. Do you think that any other IAA program in America would have hired Hauck as their head coach when we did?

As for O'Day, once again, he had ZERO qualifications to be our AD.

Go ahead, smart guy. Amuse us with your rebuttals. xlolx

Usually when someone makes a post like yours, they have to back it up with facts to prove it instead of everyone else coming up with facts to disprove it.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 7th, 2008, 01:54 AM
Usually when someone makes a post like yours, they have to back it up with facts to prove it instead of everyone else coming up with facts to disprove it.

A certain Montana "fan" that hates Hauck is a complete ******* idiot.

Quick, someone prove me wrong! xlolx xlolx xlolx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Grizzaholic
October 7th, 2008, 08:45 AM
A certain Montana "fan" that hates Hauck is a complete ******* idiot.

Quick, someone prove me wrong! xlolx xlolx xlolx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Not a Montana fan, Montana hater get it right.xpeacex

CopperCat
October 7th, 2008, 05:43 PM

I think these rankings are a little jacked up. I'll expound a bit.

Power rankings to me are a gage of who is in the driver's seat for the conference at a given point during the season (in this case, week 1 or 2 of conference play for most teams). With that definition, I find it very hard to put UM and EWU ahead of a team like PSU. PSU took care of business, beating a team that was highly touted up to that point. MSU might be another team that could be bumped up, being that their first conference game was a win on the road. And winning on the road is not easy to do in this conference. Even still, they have only played one game. Give it one more week and we shall see just how good MSU really is. With that, here is my own version of the power rankings (thanks again JA, good stuff! I read it every week)

1. WSU
2. NAU
3. PSU
4. MSU
5. EWU
6. UM
7. Sac
8. ISU
9. UNC

Feel free to flame on this.

Grizzaholic
October 7th, 2008, 05:49 PM

Power rankings to me are a gage of who is in the driver's seat for the conference at a given point during the season (in this case, week 1 or 2 of conference play for most teams). With that definition, I find it very hard to put UM and EWU ahead of a team like PSU. PSU took care of business, beating a team that was highly touted up to that point. MSU might be another team that could be bumped up, being that their first conference game was a win on the road. And winning on the road is not easy to do in this conference. Even still, they have only played one game. Give it one more week and we shall see just how good MSU really is. With that, here is my own version of the power rankings (thanks again JA, good stuff! I read it every week)

1. WSU
2. NAU
3. PSU
4. MSU
5. EWU
6. UM
7. Sac
8. ISU

Well for starters you forgot UNC. Second WTF is up with PSU?

I Bleed Purple
October 7th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Using your logic, UM is still ahead of PSU. They have them at home. Power rankings include body of work anyway, along with how one feels the results one would be on a neutral field.

Grizzaholic
October 7th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Using your logic, UM is still ahead of PSU. They have them at home. Power rankings include body of work anyway, along with how one feels the results one would be on a neutral field.

Yes. I have never seen so many people, Griz fans included, ready to dump the whole season over one loss. It is the first conference game of the year.xconfusedx

CopperCat
October 7th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Go and read the post again. I said that "power rankings" are like a snapshot of who is "in the driver's seat" for the conference. I put PSU up a couple spots by virtue of them beating another team that was previously in front of everyone else (I also added UNC, sorry bout' that!). Yes, they did lose to Sac St. but each week is different. If you want to rank the conference then I think you should call it "conference rankings" not "power rankings." Rankings imply a body of work, power rankings imply recent events IMO.

I think I'll just leave this to JA. Apparently my opinion isn't appreciated.xlolx xrolleyesx

CrazyCat
October 7th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Fine job FTG.

I think it gives people another perspective. I like Jalmonds rankings but they are his opinion, no better or no worse than anyone else that wishes to put the effort into putting something like this together.

I take back the anyone else part because there are a few posters with some weird azz opinions. xsmiley_wix

cats2506
October 7th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Go and read the post again. I said that "power rankings" are like a snapshot of who is "in the driver's seat" for the conference. I put PSU up a couple spots by virtue of them beating another team that was previously in front of everyone else (I also added UNC, sorry bout' that!). Yes, they did lose to Sac St. but each week is different. If you want to rank the conference then I think you should call it "conference rankings" not "power rankings." Rankings imply a body of work, power rankings imply recent events IMO.

I think I'll just leave this to JA. Apparently my opinion isn't appreciated.xlolx xrolleyesx

Good job FTG

I was able to follow your thinking. PSU has a "qualty win" in the conference. I think that Jalmond tries to predict how the conference will be at the end based on the whole year, you are looking at the last few weeks and predictng which teams are showing strong now.

Wolfman
October 7th, 2008, 11:41 PM

I gave you the facts, but you are obviously too stupid to understand them. What part about Bobby Hauck being unqualified to be a head FCS coach do you not understand?

Is it the part about Hauck never playing college football?

Or, is it the part about Hauck never being a head coach at any level including high school?

Or, perhaps you would be more comfortable with the fact that the HIGHEST position Hauck ever held was the secondary coach and recruiting coordinator.

Yeah, Montana was in a real battle for Bobby's services, beating away stiff competition from the Stockman's Bar Little Grizzly program, and several others.

Gosh, I was ready to make you look like a sugar coating numbskull, but you did a marvelous job all by yourself..... xlolx

Wolfman
October 7th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Not a Montana fan, Montana hater get it right.xpeacex

Yeah, this "hater" has given more money to UM than you make in a year. You and your pin headed buddies throw that word around like you are some kind of savior.

If had any integrity in your body, you would admit that Hauck and his thug recruits have nationally embarrassed your program. Even the "good fans" like yourself should be able to admit that. But no, your head is firmly embedded up Hauck's arse, because he is able to pile up meaningless wins against nobodies, to keep you and your clueless minions happy until playoff time, only to be left at the alter yet again.

I am the good fan, you are an idiot with no integrity.

JALMOND
October 8th, 2008, 12:40 AM

1. WSU
2. NAU
3. PSU
4. MSU
5. EWU
6. UM
7. Sac
8. ISU
9. UNC

I actually like it. I understand your opinion. I would still have the Griz ahead of the Eagles as the Griz actually lost to a team capable of winning the title (and has shown that they are a good team all year). The EWU win was nice, but as your rankings show, we are not as good as WSU.

DuckDuckGriz
October 8th, 2008, 01:57 AM
Yeah, this "hater" has given more money to UM than you make in a year. You and your pin headed buddies throw that word around like you are some kind of savior.

If had any integrity in your body, you would admit that Hauck and his thug recruits have nationally embarrassed your program. Even the "good fans" like yourself should be able to admit that. But no, your head is firmly embedded up Hauck's arse, because he is able to pile up meaningless wins against nobodies, to keep you and your clueless minions happy until playoff time, only to be left at the alter yet again.

I am the good fan, you are an idiot with no integrity.

FACT: Bobby Hauck has a better record than any coach in FCS.

Now where is your fact?

Honestly, Steve what are you so bitter about personally of Hauck? This is all obviously VERY personal for you, as you offer nothing in the form of relevant football discussion.

Oh that's right - more digging and chest-beating to come. I'm sure you'll respond to this with how much you make or who you dine with. First you were funny to watch, then sad, but always pathetic. Back to your hole, boy.

Syntax Error
October 8th, 2008, 02:00 AM
...sick to read this exchange... get off our discussion board.

bpcats
October 8th, 2008, 03:20 AM
There have been some posters saying that the fact the UM lost to Weber just proves how down this conference is. The opposite is actually closer to the truth. With the four new coaches settling in and last years freshman qb's maturing, throw in a qb transfer from Florida and the Big Sky has become a top two conference in the at our level.

This weekend will tell a lot about this conference with some great matchups. NAU can stop the run but can they stop PSU's passing game. EWU vs UM - will the real title contender please step up. Weber vs MSU - if Weber wins they put themselves on the fast track to a conference championship, if MSU wins it may propel them from not just a winning record but a race for the playoffs.

1) NAU - They lead the FCS in rush defense at allowing opponents net average of 11.4 yards per game and are 5th in the FCS in total offense. Sac State has a pair of talented rb's and held them to 21 yds on 41 rushes (includes sacks)). They are probably the only team that can shut down Webers Trevyn Smith effectively and make Weber one dimensional. They also have a top corner in KJ Gerard. Portland State will give them a test with their passing game but if NAU passes they will be in the catbirds seat.

2) Weber - Tough physical football team that has both a great running game and a great passing game. They matched up perfectly against UM and was able to get their "signature win". Smith averaged 7 yds a carry against the Griz running right up the gut. They have great balance on offense.

3) Montana - The main thing stopping this team is their own team. Two straight games with 4-5 turnovers will keep anybody from winning even the Griz. On offense they are clicking with big plays. The offensive line which is normally very solid got pushed around by Weber. I expect the wounded Grizzlies to make a statement this weekend and let the rest of the conference know, they aren't about to give up their top spot without a fight.

4) Portland State - Hard to judge a schizophrenic team with a ton of freshman playing. It looks like their offense is starting to gel, and with a 600 yd passing effort, it won't take long for them to throw a monkey wrench into the conference race.

5) EWU - Huge game for the Eagles this weekend. Last year when they played MSU I saw an offense built with a great combination of speed and power with a ton of effective passing plays that tore up a defense if you couldn't match them athlete for athlete. On defense they were fast and hard hitting. This year it looks like their offense is still clicking even with 4 new olinemen. Their switch however from a 3-3-5 to a more tradition 4-3 look (maybe some injuries???) on defense has not panned out so well, which is very surprising. They need a big win this weekend to right the ship.

6) MSU - Beating ISU (0-5) on the road says a lot and maybe not so much. On defense the only thing holding this team back from being totally dominant may be the injury bug. As is they are really really good. Weber presents a great challenge this weekend as Smith ran over UM. During the ISU game, the Cats had the most trouble when ISU ran straight at the Cats leading to the Bengals first score. Through out the game, ISU was popping off 4 and 5 yd runs. MSU linebacking corp may not be the biggest but as a group may be the best in the Big Sky. They are extremely fast on the edges and with Daly holding down middle with his instinctual play they are tough. On offense MSU is still in the developmental stage. The oline will not overpower anyone but will run plays up middle, to edges, on a reverse, etc. The yards may not be pretty but they add up. The play calling tends to keep teams off balance leading to time consuming drives. Plus they have a FG kicker this year.

7) UNC - A great team for 55 minutes or so.

8) Sac State - Improving team that is starting their 3 qb. A usually tough defense got rolled at NAU.

9) Idaho State - Team that won't ever quit but may not win either.

DuckDuckGriz
October 8th, 2008, 11:20 AM
sick to read this exchange... get off our discussion board.

And in what way did I violate the T.O.S.? Are you still pissed that I posted a score in a game thread and NOT in the official scoring thread? The whole point of my DELETED post was to get him to knock of this isht and actually contribute something to the board other than a personal vendetta against Hauck. If you have a problem with what I said and you're not even touching his posts then air it in the open or a P.M. I've been here longer than you and have seen plenty of chicken sht like that.

Anyway we have yet to see if this will turn out for 2004 like Montana - where they got their ass handed to them in Huntsville and then turned it on later in the season. I have no idea what to expect from this team, but I don't think the prognosis is as bad as some others do after one game, we'll see after this weekend.

CatFan22
October 8th, 2008, 12:12 PM
You people who are ranking PSU any higher than 7, 8 or 9 are kidding right?

CatFan22
October 8th, 2008, 12:20 PM
sick to read this exchange... get off our discussion board.

I didn't think it was "sick." I like having DDG on here. xnodx

CrazyCat
October 8th, 2008, 12:36 PM
6) MSU - Beating ISU (0-5) on the road says a lot and maybe not so much. On defense the only thing holding this team back from being totally dominant may be the injury bug. As is they are really really good. Weber presents a great challenge this weekend as Smith ran over UM. During the ISU game, the Cats had the most trouble when ISU ran straight at the Cats leading to the Bengals first score. Through out the game, ISU was popping off 4 and 5 yd runs. MSU linebacking corp may not be the biggest but as a group may be the best in the Big Sky. They are extremely fast on the edges and with Daly holding down middle with his instinctual play they are tough. On offense MSU is still in the developmental stage. The oline will not overpower anyone but will run plays up middle, to edges, on a reverse, etc. The yards may not be pretty but they add up. The play calling tends to keep teams off balance leading to time consuming drives. Plus they have a FG kicker this year.

Hey BP

Looking at the stats they netted 75 yards rushing for the entire game. So, taking the sacks out of the equation, they had 33 attempts for 112 yards for a 3 yard average. I don't know about anyone else but I'll take those stats anytime.

SactoHornetFan
October 8th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Wait, we beat PSU and UNC hasn't even won a game and some of you have us 8th? xeyebrowx

And we should have beat Weber and Colorado State? Im sorry, I know we are hurting right now and our bye came at a great time for us to heal, but if you don't have us around the 5th or 6th spot, you people clearly have not seen us play.

Walkon79
October 8th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Until someone proves otherwise:

#1 NAU
#2 WSU
#3 MSU

The only teams with -0- conference losses

Screamin_Eagle174
October 8th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Until someone proves otherwise:

#1 NAU
#2 WSU
#3 MSU

The only teams with -0- conference losses

That would be the conference STANDINGS, not power rankings. xcoffeex

And at least one, possibly two will be proven otherwise this weekend. xthumbsupx

Walkon79
October 8th, 2008, 04:45 PM
That would be the conference STANDINGS, not power rankings. xcoffeex

And at least one, possibly two will be proven otherwise this weekend. xthumbsupx

I realize these are the conference standings, but nothing I've seen would indicate that EWU or UM should be power ranked higher than these three at this point in the season. ISU almost got you guys at your house. You guys can't stop anybody. The Griz can't protect Berquist, or stop anybody, or run the ball effectively.

Obviously there may only be two unbeatens after Saturday, and possibly only one, but for this week I'm stickin to it.

Wolfman
October 8th, 2008, 06:34 PM
And in what way did I violate the T.O.S.? Are you still pissed that I posted a score in a game thread and NOT in the official scoring thread? The whole point of my DELETED post was to get him to knock of this isht and actually contribute something to the board other than a personal vendetta against Hauck. If you have a problem with what I said and you're not even touching his posts then air it in the open or a P.M. I've been here longer than you and have seen plenty of chicken sht like that.

Anyway we have yet to see if this will turn out for 2004 like Montana - where they got their ass handed to them in Huntsville and then turned it on later in the season. I have no idea what to expect from this team, but I don't think the prognosis is as bad as some others do after one game, we'll see after this weekend.

What syntax is smart enough to notice, is that YOU are always the instigator with your spewings toward any of my posts. I merely defend myself. Just because you get your panties in a wad because I am vocal about Hauck, does not give you the right to flame. Nor does your 4,700 posts mean that you have anything more than the rest of us to add to this board. Quantity does NOT equal quality, unfortunately for you. Furthermore, I have made many other posts which have nothing to do with Bobby Hauck.

Finally, if you are such a great contributor to this board, why don't you put your money where your mouth is and pony up $25 towards buying a month of server time under the University of Montana? How convenient that you skipped responding to my request to donate, but you never miss an opportunity to flame me.

It should be noted that EVERY GRIZ POSTER on here who flames me conveniently failed to donate money to the server fund. Great posters, one and all! I guess I will just have to donate the entire $200 myself.

DuckDuckGriz
October 8th, 2008, 06:38 PM
What syntax is smart enough to notice, is that YOU are always the instigator with your spewings toward any of my posts. I merely defend myself. Just because you get your panties in a wad because I am vocal about Hauck, does not give you the right to flame. Nor does your 4,700 posts mean that you have anything more than the rest of us to add to this board. Quantity does NOT equal quality, unfortunately for you. Furthermore, I have made many other posts which have nothing to do with Bobby Hauck.

Finally, if you are such a great contributor to this board, why don't you put your money where your mouth is and pony up $25 towards buying a month of server time under the University of Montana? How convenient that you skipped responding to my request to donate, but you never miss an opportunity to flame me.

It should be noted that EVERY GRIZ POSTER on here who flames me conveniently failed to donate money to the server fund. Great posters, one and all! I guess I will just have to donate the entire $200 myself.

1. ********* and you know it.

2. Please send me the draft and day, time, etc of the request for donation because I never received it - and I believe the UM sponsored month was about a year ago - LONG before you decided to start trolling here.

3. I donated to AGS before the new format since I can't really afford to donate to anything. Not all of us after all have so-called six figure salaries and dine with the Dennisons

4. Show me FIVE posts where you aren't personally attacking someone or bashing Bobby Hauck. Two. With links.

By the way - before S.E. deleted my post I mentioned that Hauck has the best winning percentage in FCS - which is a FACT, something you blantantly leave out of your posts. I also mentioned that it's obvious you have a personal issue with Hauck and can't really discuss anything else.

Hellgate60
October 8th, 2008, 07:10 PM

I would rather read the 4700 posts of DuckDuckGriz than any one of yours

Walkon79
October 8th, 2008, 07:12 PM

Amen!! Although the Bobby-bashing is somewhat amusing to this old Cat.

nevadagriz
October 8th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Darn it Walkon don't feed the troll! er I mean Wolf

Wolfman
October 8th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Darn it Walkon don't feed the troll! er I mean Wolf

See, I knew that you could not make a post about me without flaming. I am not a troll. I am a Griz fan who has followed Grizzly football for several decades, and who is disgusted by the direction of our program currently.

If you had an ounce of football sense, you would agree that the current program is filled with criminal activity, poor play, and coaches who do not have a clue.

You will jump on the bandwagon to dump Hauck in due time, just like the rest of 'em. Then, I will look like the genius I am.

So, you can take your troll B.S. and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

Wolfman
October 8th, 2008, 08:55 PM

Does that mean you are donating to the server fund? I thought not.

You read DDG's posts because you are a sugar coater. O.K. I can deal with that.

DuckDuckGriz
October 8th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Does that mean you are donating to the server fund? I thought not.

You read DDG's posts because you are a sugar coater. O.K. I can deal with that.

Please give the details on when you sent this "server fund" request....

Also still waiting for those 5 relevant posts.

Wolfman
October 8th, 2008, 09:01 PM
1. ********* and you know it.

2. Please send me the draft and day, time, etc of the request for donation because I never received it - and I believe the UM sponsored month was about a year ago - LONG before you decided to start trolling here.

3. I donated to AGS before the new format since I can't really afford to donate to anything. Not all of us after all have so-called six figure salaries and dine with the Dennisons

4. Show me FIVE posts where you aren't personally attacking someone or bashing Bobby Hauck. Two. With links.

By the way - before S.E. deleted my post I mentioned that Hauck has the best winning percentage in FCS - which is a FACT, something you blantantly leave out of your posts. I also mentioned that it's obvious you have a personal issue with Hauck and can't really discuss anything else.

Whatever. Cheap message board thrills will keep you off the athletic fields. Oh, I forgot, you have never been on the athletic fields.

I don't appreciate you calling me a troll. But, when you get your *ss handed to you by me on a daily basis, that's all you got left. Sixth grade name calling, at best.

bY the way, King George sends you his best........ xthumbsupx

CrazyCat
October 8th, 2008, 09:01 PM
http://i27.tinypic.com/4fx3qu.jpg

Wolfman
October 8th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Please give the details on when you sent this "server fund" request....

Also still waiting for those 5 relevant posts.

No. I will make the donation for you. I do not accept donations from your kind. This is for AGS, from real Griz fans. You know, the sugar-free variety....xpeacex

DuckDuckGriz
October 8th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Whatever. Cheap message board thrills will keep you off the athletic fields. Oh, I forgot, you have never been on the athletic fields.

I don't appreciate you calling me a troll. But, when you get your *ss handed to you by me on a daily basis, that's all you got left. Sixth grade name calling, at best.

bY the way, King George sends you his best........ xthumbsupx

Been on the athletic fields plenty. Of course now beer consumption has drastically hindered my ability. I am however a shuffle board God.

Still waiting troll...The five posts....Still waiting....Still waiting....

Oh also we should probably take this to smack seeing as how you have derailed another one of these fine members' threads.

DuckDuckGriz
October 8th, 2008, 09:09 PM
I realize these are the conference standings, but nothing I've seen would indicate that EWU or UM should be power ranked higher than these three at this point in the season. ISU almost got you guys at your house. You guys can't stop anybody. The Griz can't protect Berquist, or stop anybody, or run the ball effectively.

Obviously there may only be two unbeatens after Saturday, and possibly only one, but for this week I'm stickin to it.

Hate to say it but I see no reason as to why MSU can't be optimisitic this week.

Syntax Error
October 8th, 2008, 11:05 PM
What syntax is smart enough to notice, is that YOU are always the instigator with your spewings toward any of my posts.Yeah, I noticed the spew but it does go both ways. I know duckduck personally and we see alike except for some stuff like this. Posting personal smack is no good here. Take it to PM.

FCS Go!
October 9th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Please guys- use the ignore function. I've had Wolfie on ignore for weeks and I'm still sorting through his uninformative posts because 80% of every Griz-related thread is a response to same. Ignore his posts and ignore his threads & we might be able to discuss something relevant to football.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 9th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Please guys- use the ignore function. I've had Wolfie on ignore for weeks and I'm still sorting through his uninformative posts because 80% of every Griz-related thread is a response to same. Ignore his posts and ignore his threads & we might be able to discuss something relevant to football.

xpopcornx

Doesn't matter anymore... he's banned. xnodx

Back to your regularly scheduled football discussion...

DuckDuckGriz
October 9th, 2008, 01:32 AM
I apologize if I furthered the derailing of any of these threads. I don't think I made any personal attacks as some people here think, but nevertheless- time to get back to discussion and smacking Thundering Herd xlolx

Syntax Error
October 9th, 2008, 01:44 AM
... S.E. deleted my post...
... I don't think I made any personal attacks... time to get back to discussion and smacking Thundering HerdYeah, surely no attacks there my friend. Maybe you will delete my post? I remember meeting you and (do you remember) all the others in 2004? Wow, it was not so long ago was it? Maybe I am mistaken...

DuckDuckGriz
October 9th, 2008, 01:52 AM
Yeah, surely no attacks there my friend. Maybe you will delete my post? I remember meeting you and (do you remember) all the others in 2004? Wow, it was not so long ago was it? Maybe I am mistaken...

I guess we just disagree on what's personal and what's not on an online board. Can't lie when I ask what took so long for the banning. Yes I remember 2004 very well - I admired your enthusiasm for this division and still do - I just think there has been something political involved along the way and I must have missed where that was implemented. Glad to see you're still around. I know we owe this board to you.

JALMOND
October 9th, 2008, 01:55 AM
I apologize if I furthered the derailing of any of these threads. I don't think I made any personal attacks as some people here think, but nevertheless- time to get back to discussion and smacking Thundering Herd xlolx

And to think I was going to interject with some Duck smacking...xlolx

Just remind me never to get on your bad side.:D xnodx

DuckDuckGriz
October 9th, 2008, 01:58 AM
And to think I was going to interject with some Duck smacking...xlolx

Just remind me never to get on your bad side.:D xnodx

You are....Respond to my invitation for a beer in the NW Griz encounter thread dammit. PSU/UM will be attended by yours truly and I intend on getting you hammered so I can finally take advan...........talk some good football

Syntax Error
October 9th, 2008, 02:06 AM
I guess we just disagree on what's personal and what's not on an online board. Can't lie when I ask what took so long for the banning. Yes I remember 2004 very well - I admired your enthusiasm for this division and still do - I just think there has been something political involved along the way and I must have missed where that was implemented. Glad to see you're still around. I know we owe this board to you.Yeah, AGS has been in other member's hands for a long while now. I keep up with it but really have little influence (despite what others say). What the admins here do, they do when they can. My enthusiasm for FCS has not wavered as I see yours has not either! I still love the Griz. Nothing has changed there. Just want a good board to talk football.

Remember when Read came into the rally and we were right there in 2004? I posted the video somewhere.