PDA

View Full Version : Montana State vs. Weber State

CrazyCat
October 6th, 2008, 06:09 PM
I think a little discussion is in order :)

Since I Bleed Purple knows nothing about the Bobcat LB's, I'll start there with stats from Saturday.

Bobby Daly
12 tackles,1.5 TFL,1FR
http://www.msubobcats.com/upload/FBDaly_Bobby_Wmug08.jpg

Jeff Price
9 tackles, 1 FR, 1INT,

http://www.msubobcats.com/upload/FBPrice_Jeff_Wmug07.jpg

Chase Gazzerro
8 tackles,4 TFL,3 sacks

http://www.msubobcats.com/upload/FBGazzerro_Chase_Wmug07.jpg

Goofy looking as they are, I think this is one of the best groups of linebackers in FCS.

Grizo406
October 6th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Bobby Daly
12 tackles,1.5 TFL,1FR
http://www.msubobcats.com/upload/FBDaly_Bobby_Wmug08.jpg

Jeff Price
9 tackles, 1 FR, 1INT,

http://www.msubobcats.com/upload/FBPrice_Jeff_Wmug07.jpg

Chase Gazzerro
8 tackles,4 TFL,3 sacks

http://www.msubobcats.com/upload/FBGazzerro_Chase_Wmug07.jpg

Goofy looking as they are, I think this is one of the best groups of linebackers in FCS.

No argument here!

I wouldn't mind it a bit if Daly, Price, or Gazzerro played for the Griz!

I hope these three have a career day against Weber!

Green26
October 6th, 2008, 06:34 PM
I'm picking the Cats in an upset after a WSU let down after its big win last Saturday.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 6th, 2008, 07:00 PM
I'm picking the Cats in an upset after a WSU let down after its big win last Saturday.

I think everyone except for Weber fans is rooting for the Bobcats... screw up the standings! xlolx xrotatehx

I Bleed Purple
October 6th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Indeed. 12, 9, and 8 for one game? Or total? Doesn't seem like a lot for 5 games.

CrazyCat
October 6th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Indeed. 12, 9, and 8 for one game? Or total? Doesn't seem like a lot for 5 games.

That was just the game against ISU.

uofmman1122
October 6th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I'll be rooting hard for the Cats this weekend. We need some shakeups in the BSC! xthumbsupx

CatFan22
October 6th, 2008, 07:54 PM

You really didn't need to ask that did you? ;) xcoolx

CopperCat
October 6th, 2008, 08:10 PM

xrolleyesx

You're killin' me IBP.xcoolx

I Bleed Purple
October 6th, 2008, 11:09 PM
6.5 tackles for loss...by the linebackers...seems we should be doing a lot of play action, which we do a lot of.

This is the first game that the real Cats are the better/equal team to the name Cats since %#$@# Lilu, Lilang, Lola, or whatever the hell he is. I don't even want to try to get that guy's name right. Trying to erase that game from memory.

uofmman1122
October 7th, 2008, 12:42 AM
6.5 tackles for loss...by the linebackers...seems we should be doing a lot of play action, which we do a lot of.

This is the first game that the real Cats are the better/equal team to the name Cats since %#$@# Lilu, Lilang, Lola, or whatever the hell he is. I don't even want to try to get that guy's name right. Trying to erase that game from memory.Oh wow, a Weber fan hates Lulay.

I'm trying to think here, but isn't there another school that had a much worse problem with Lulay? Nothing's really coming to mind....xrolleyesx

xlolx

Screamin_Eagle174
October 7th, 2008, 12:53 AM
LuLu had a bad game on this day

xarrow pointing down at Lulay becoming a SACK LUNCH num num numx

I Bleed Purple
October 7th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Oh wow, a Weber fan hates Lulay.

I'm trying to think here, but isn't there another school that had a much worse problem with Lulay? Nothing's really coming to mind....xrolleyesx

xlolx

I don't know what he did to UM, but something like a 17 point comeback in the last five minutes of the game. All due to this guy running around like a freak show kind of makes you dislike the guy.

Grizzaholic
October 7th, 2008, 01:25 AM
I don't know what he did to UM, but something like a 17 point comeback in the last five minutes of the game. All due to this guy running around like a freak show kind of makes you dislike the guy.

He played the Griz pretty well. He won some games.xmadx

I Bleed Purple
October 7th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Okay, since I'm masochistic in a way.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?confId=18&date=20051008&gameId=252812692

Okay, it was in 11 minutes. The last five, though, was heartbreaking. Probably had half to two thirds of his yards in the fourth.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 7th, 2008, 01:36 AM
I don't think he ever beat Erik Meyer and EWU... we've always done very well against MSU even in our down years (like 2006 when we won 3 games).

GolfingGriz
October 7th, 2008, 01:57 AM
I won't pick a winner, but WSU better play like they did against UM.

mvemjsunpx
October 7th, 2008, 02:31 AM
I don't think he ever beat Erik Meyer and EWU... we've always done very well against MSU even in our down years (like 2006 when we won 3 games).

Checking the records, MSU hasn't beaten Eastern since 2002 (Josh Blankenship's final year & Lulay's first year). The Eagles are 23-8 against the Bobcats all-time.

On the flip side, Montana State is 25-19-1 against Weber & has won 7 straight.

CopperCat
October 7th, 2008, 07:19 AM
LuLu had a bad game on this day

xarrow pointing down at Lulay becoming a SACK LUNCH num num numx

Nevermind that it's an illegal hit.

Walkon79
October 7th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Why don't we get back to this game.

- One of the best rushing defenses in the BSC v. Smith.
- Bobcats are banged up on the d line, and Smith averaged 7+ per carry last week
- Higgins has been a stud!
- Bobcats passing game is inconsistent
- Nobody outside of Bozeman is giving the real CATS much of a chance.

MSU 27
WSU 24

This streak will not end on Saturday!! Demetrius Crawford for 100+ and at least two scores.

DuckDuckGriz
October 7th, 2008, 12:51 PM

- Bobcats are banged up on the d line, and Smith averaged 7+ per carry last week

MSU 27
WSU 24

This streak will not end on Saturday!! Demetrius Crawford for 100+ and at least two scores.

I would look around the board more before making that conclusion. Cats match up well with Weber. I'll take MSU.

MSU 31
Weber 24

CrazyCat
October 7th, 2008, 01:46 PM

MSU 27
WSU 24

Smith is good but the rush offense of MSU is actually better than Webers.

Higgins is also good but MSU has the best pass defense in the BSC

Kempt is making better decisions and his 15-21 performance against ISU might not have been exciting but he threw 0 interceptions with 1 TD passing and 1 TD rushing.

I Bleed Purple
October 7th, 2008, 01:49 PM
We ended one, so why not the other.

If it was in Ogden, I'd say 17-21 point win, but since it's in Bozeman, it'll probably be a touchdown. 31-24, maybe?

wapiti
October 7th, 2008, 02:34 PM
This game has the plenty of potential to be a good hard hitting game.
I will pick the home team on this one by 3.

Bobcat in NC
October 8th, 2008, 12:42 PM
We ended one, so why not the other.

If it was in Ogden, I'd say 17-21 point win, but since it's in Bozeman, it'll probably be a touchdown. 31-24, maybe?

We all bow down to the powerhouse that is Webber International. Oops, I meant Weber State. When it comes right down to it, how can we NOT be terrified of a program that makes playoff runs every year? Year after year. They're like old UCLA basketball.

What's that you say? 1991? Really? 17 years since their last sniff at post-season. The way IBP runs his yap, I would have thought that App State only THOUGHT they had won the last 3 and that it was really Weber.

What it comes down to, once again, is that you need to prove it. The Wildcats exorcised 1 demon last week, but one win does not a season make. Should be an interesting contest...if Smith can avoid getting put into the third row by Daly and Co.

MSU by 4.

CrazyCat
October 8th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Mr. Smith

http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics8/200/KX/KXBNDGTVMHOIVNH.20080814175702.jpg

Meet Mr.Daly

http://lh5.ggpht.com/stew86/SOzyu6fxf7I/AAAAAAAAAPk/ztyxH6rXv8s/IMG_3048rs.jpg

I Bleed Purple
October 8th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Rep points for you once you get that Daly pic working.

I Bleed Purple
October 8th, 2008, 01:42 PM
We all bow down to the powerhouse that is Webber International. Oops, I meant Weber State. When it comes right down to it, how can we NOT be terrified of a program that makes playoff runs every year? Year after year. They're like old UCLA basketball.

What's that you say? 1991? Really? 17 years since their last sniff at post-season. The way IBP runs his yap, I would have thought that App State only THOUGHT they had won the last 3 and that it was really Weber.

What it comes down to, once again, is that you need to prove it. The Wildcats exorcised 1 demon last week, but one win does not a season make. Should be an interesting contest...if Smith can avoid getting put into the third row by Daly and Co.

MSU by 4.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize our 1995 team, 1998 team, or our 2002 team, or 2004 team, or any of those teams is the be all indicator of how our 2008 team really is. The reason I "run my yap" as you put it is that I've seen those teams from '91 til now. This is the best one. It's about this year. And this year, we're good. If you win this year, it's a quality win.

CrazyCat
October 8th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Rep points for you once you get that Daly pic working.

Really? I can see it! plus one more :)

Peems
October 8th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Weber is good, but I'm not giving them too much, because the Griz are not that good. MSU to me is still hard to determine, but did exactly what they were supposed to last week against ISU. Seeing that the game is in Bozeman, I give the slight edge to the Bobs, but wouldn't be surprised if Weber wins. The Bobcats D is what gives them the definite advantage over what the Griz had last week. Their D is experienced and good. 33-27

Walkon79
October 8th, 2008, 04:08 PM
If you win this year, it's a quality win.

Agreed. Lets see how they perform after the emotional win last week. I'm lookin for a letdown.

bpcats
October 8th, 2008, 04:22 PM
I love this game. Weber has proven how good it is with a great win over the Griz. I know that MSU is good, but this game will say a lot about this team. Weber 28 MSU 24

I Bleed Purple
October 8th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Agreed. Lets see how they perform after the emotional win last week. I'm lookin for a letdown.
As I put in the other thread, Big Sky teams do seem to lose after beating Montana. I don't see it happening on the offensive end. The defensive, maybe. They shouldn't get too high since two of the four turnovers were gifts.

Wolfman
October 8th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Weber is good, but I'm not giving them too much, because the Griz are not that good. MSU to me is still hard to determine, but did exactly what they were supposed to last week against ISU. Seeing that the game is in Bozeman, I give the slight edge to the Bobs, but wouldn't be surprised if Weber wins. The Bobcats D is what gives them the definite advantage over what the Griz had last week. Their D is experienced and good. 33-27

You mean that MSU has a better defense than UM? No way! You obviously do not understand that Bobby Hauck gets his pick of any Montana high school player he wants. MSU gets the leftovers.

And, Bobby Hauck is a wonderkin recruiter nationally too. Any Griz will tell you that! There is no possible way that MSU could have a better defense than the Cats.

better recruits + better coaching = better Griz defense xsmiley_wix

Jacked_Rabbit
October 8th, 2008, 09:43 PM
For what its worth, here is the spread on the game:

3:35p
Weber State Wildcats -2½ -115
Montana State Bobcats +2½ -115

After an impressive win over the Griz last week, I'll take Weber St. to cover...

I Bleed Purple
October 8th, 2008, 10:08 PM
I love it. In a thread that has nothing to do with Montana, we get someone coming in railing against the administration. Please get out of the MSU-WSU game thread, Wolfman. Much appreciated.

Wolfman
October 8th, 2008, 10:20 PM
I love it. In a thread that has nothing to do with Montana, we get someone coming in railing against the administration. Please get out of the MSU-WSU game thread, Wolfman. Much appreciated.

"Railing against the administration"???? What are you smoking? I made a very contributive post in this thread in response to a post about the Bobcats defense. I don't see your name on this thread, by the way. xnonono2x

GOKATS
October 8th, 2008, 10:21 PM
You mean that MSU has a better defense than UM? No way! You obviously do not understand that Bobby Hauck gets his pick of any Montana high school player he wants. MSU gets the leftovers.

And, Bobby Hauck is a wonderkin recruiter nationally too. Any Griz will tell you that! There is no possible way that MSU could have a better defense than the Cats.

Take a hike!! If you want to take a crap do it in your own teams nest. Your ***** is growing real old.

Tod
October 8th, 2008, 10:22 PM
I'm torn on this one. As a Montana native, the 'Cats are my second favorite FCS team.

But it's nice to see Weber doing so well. It's been UM, MSU, EWU and NAU, with a little PSU, for a long time. I'm loving that the GPI has five Big Sky teams in the top 28!!!

That may change on Saturday, though. UM or EWU will lose. MSU or WSU will lose. NAU or PSU will lose (though PSU is not one of the five teams in the top 28, they could be if they win).

What a Saturday for Big Sky football!!! I'd take the day off, but I'm taking off the 25th and all of us Montanans are going to Greeley. xnodx xnodx xnodx

PhantomCAT
October 8th, 2008, 10:26 PM

Put down the crack pipe and step back into reality. MSU defense is tops in the league this year. HANDS DOWN

How many QB sacks have the griz gotten this year? I'd guess that Gazzero had more against ISU than the griz have gotten all season.

cats2506
October 8th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Put down the crack pipe and step back into reality. MSU defense is tops in the league this year. HANDS DOWN

How many QB sacks have the griz gotten this year? I'd guess that Gazzero had more against ISU than the griz have gotten all season.

You must be the only MSU or UM poster here that doesnt know wolfman

Green26
October 9th, 2008, 05:25 AM
MSU is averaging 1 more sack per game than UM.

6 of MSU's 15 sacks came against D-II Adams St, whom MSU beat 59-3.

Gazzerro has 4 sacks for the season. UM's leading sacker has 3 sacks for the season.

elcid96
October 9th, 2008, 08:12 AM
This is the year for Weber State. After beating Montana, there is no doubt they are ready for this game. Weber by 21

cats2506
October 9th, 2008, 09:41 AM

Gazzerro has 4 sacks for the season. UM's leading sacker has 3 sacks for the season.

What the hell does this tell us, not a damn thing, we dont have a single common opponent, MSU played 2 fbs games, 2 fcs games and 1 DII, UM played 4 FCS games and 1 DII game and ZERO fbs games.

Walkon79
October 9th, 2008, 09:42 AM
This is the year for Weber State. After beating Montana, there is no doubt they are ready for this game. Weber by 21

No team will do that to the the Cats in their house this year. Count on it.

uofmman1122
October 9th, 2008, 10:03 AM
No team will do that to the the Cats in their house this year. Count on it.I don't think Weber will win by 21, either, but no one thought Montana would lose by almost 20.

And if you say you did, you're full of it. :pxlolx

Walkon79
October 9th, 2008, 10:07 AM
I don't think Weber will win by 21, either, but no one thought Montana would lose by almost 20.

And if you say you did, you're full of it. :pxlolx

I actually thought the Griz would squeak another one out last week.

cats2506
October 9th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Not much respect for the Bobcats here, but then they are right in that we dont have a "quality win" yet this year. Watched the UM vs WSU game again, the griz gave a lot of gifts and were out coached too. I hate to predict the turnovers but I am sure that we will not be outcoached like UM was. Bobcats by 10

CopperCat
October 9th, 2008, 01:32 PM

xrolleyesx

Maybe you didn't pay attention enough to the BSC to know that MSU has arguably the best defense in the conference (i.e. east coast bias). MSU might not win the game, but they will NOT lose by that many points.

Green26
October 9th, 2008, 04:15 PM
What's your problem, 2506? I was answering PhantomCat's question.

What the hell do any of your posts tell us? Little or nothing. Settle down.

CrazyCat
October 9th, 2008, 04:37 PM

1 more sack per game = 5 more sacks.

MSUs second leading in sacks also has 3.

I guess I don't understand what you are getting at Green26. No smack, just wondering.xpeacex

I Bleed Purple
October 9th, 2008, 06:20 PM
1 more sack per game = 5 more sacks.

MSUs second leading in sacks also has 3.

I guess I don't understand what you are getting at Green26. No smack, just wondering.xpeacex

5 sacks. The amount of sacks given up total by the Weber line.

Creepy.

CrazyCat
October 9th, 2008, 07:38 PM
5 sacks. The amount of sacks given up total by the Weber line.

Creepy.

Weber State and Montana State have very close numbers in sack categories(WSU 6 games,MSU 5 games)

Sacks against
MSU 4
WSU 5

Sacks by
MSU 15
WSU 16

http://www.bigskyconf.com/images/football/2008/10/9/MSUWSU.jpg

I Bleed Purple
October 10th, 2008, 03:50 AM
At least that pic has Higgins in there, not Barnes. Did we give up a defensive touchdown last year?

catbob
October 10th, 2008, 10:48 AM
At least that pic has Higgins in there, not Barnes. Did we give up a defensive touchdown last year?

Yea, we threw a TD pass I think. But there was something in the game notes that said the MSU defense has scored on Weber in 2002, 2005, 2006, and last year. You should probably... not do that if you want to win. xrotatehx

Grizzaholic
October 10th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Is it snowing in Bozo yet or is that supposed to hit tonight?

catbob
October 10th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Snowing as we speak.

cats2506
October 10th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Snowing as we speak.

MSU Webcam (http://cateye.msu.montana.edu/)

Bozeman Pass WebCam (http://rwis.mdt.mt.gov/scanweb/SWFrame.asp?Pageid=Camera&Units=English&Groupid=312000&Siteid=564002&Senid=&WxId=5642&DisplayClass=Java&SenType=All&SenStatus=&Camera=1)

Screamin_Eagle174
October 10th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Snowing as we speak.

Rediculous... it's not even mid October yet!

This summer was not near as hot as usual here in WA... it even started a couple months late from the long winter. I bet we're going to have another long, and probably very cold winter this year. Supposed to get down to 27 tonight... crazy.

Grizzaholic
October 10th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Rediculous... it's not even mid October yet!

This summer was not near as hot as usual here in WA... it even started a couple months late from the long winter. I bet we're going to have another long, and probably very cold winter this year. Supposed to get down to 27 tonight... crazy.

The eastern half of MT and most of ND are supposed to get a good blanket this afternoon through tonight of snow. Some places were supposed to get more than 12 inches, from the weather report this morning around 7.

GOKATS
October 10th, 2008, 02:26 PM
So far the only thing that's consistent today weather wise is the wind. It snowed earlier, didn't amount to anything and now the sun is out. Snow is forecast thru Sun. night and the high tomorrow is 32 and Sun. 30 then warming up the next few days. We generally get the first snow about mid September so it's actually about a month late this year.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 10th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Crazy!

Grizzaholic
So far the only thing that's consistent today weather wise is the wind. It snowed earlier, didn't amount to anything and now the sun is out. Snow is forecast thru Sun. night and the high tomorrow is 32 and Sun. 30 then warming up the next few days. We generally get the first snow about mid September so it's actually about a month late this year.

I was thinking the same thing. We got into some snow a couple weeks ago on an overnight hike into some hotsprings but it was nothing major, a couple inches.

appfan2008
I just saw the weather report also and just wanted to say that if you guys getting a serious dumping tomorrow during the game, I want to see pictures on here tomorrow night...

Screamin_Eagle174
And to think Westsiders (Seattle/Portland) complain about the weather in Cheney...

GOKATS
October 10th, 2008, 02:48 PM
The eastern half of MT and most of ND are supposed to get a good blanket this afternoon through tonight of snow. Some places were supposed to get more than 12 inches, from the weather report this morning around 7.

I talked to a guy a bit a go who stopped in Bozeman on his way from Missoula to Billings. He had business in Helena this morning and said there was about 8" at Avon and about a foot on McDonald Pass. No snow after he left Helena until he hit Bozeman.

GOKATS
October 10th, 2008, 02:50 PM
I was thinking the same thing. We got into some snow a couple weeks ago on an overnight hike into some hotsprings but it was nothing major, a couple inches.

One of my bros was camped in the Big Hole Labor Day weekend and they got about 8" on Labor Day, but they were close to 7,000 feet.

Grizzaholic
October 10th, 2008, 03:00 PM
I guess Butte got a good little bit of snow.

CopperCat
October 10th, 2008, 03:29 PM
All you MT hosers talking about snow makes me jealous. I would gladly leave Jokelahoma to go back to MT and see the snow!!

Snow means hunting season, and I will probably miss it this year for the first time in a long time.:(

I Bleed Purple
October 10th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Hey, I read once that North Carolina had about 3 inches of snow and the whole state shut down for the day.

You need at least a foot to even begin to think about shutting down in the Rocky Mountain states.

Walkon79
October 10th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Weber State and Montana State have very close numbers in sack categories(WSU 6 games,MSU 5 games)

Sacks against
MSU 4
WSU 5

Sacks by
MSU 15
WSU 16

http://www.bigskyconf.com/images/football/2008/10/9/MSUWSU.jpg

It's actually 14 sacks in three games. They only recorded one in the losses to KState and Minnesota.

CrazyCat
October 10th, 2008, 03:58 PM
All you MT hosers talking about snow makes me jealous. I would gladly leave Jokelahoma to go back to MT and see the snow!!

Snow means hunting season, and I will probably miss it this year for the first time in a long time.:(

"Eh, hosehead, once you get there you can have all the free beer and sausages you want."

http://www.northernstars.ca/actorsmno/Media/moranis_mckenziebros.jpg

CrazyCat
October 10th, 2008, 04:04 PM
It's actually 14 sacks in three games. They only recorded one in the losses to KState and Minnesota.

Therefore its 15 sacks in 5 games ???????

cats2506
October 10th, 2008, 04:08 PM

I beginning to think Walkon took a math class over at um

I Bleed Purple
October 10th, 2008, 05:32 PM
If I remember correctly, I could say it's actually 1 sack given up in three games. We had four against us in the losses to Utah and Hawaii.

catbob
October 10th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Wow, our star-in-the-making freshman WR apparently suffered a concussion in practice yesterday and is going to have to sit out.

We just can't catch a break with injuries.

I Bleed Purple
October 10th, 2008, 07:37 PM
I think it's a game time decision on whether our starting MLB plays or not. Second leading tackler on the team despite missing most of the Montana game.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 01:32 PM
I'll put updates here. Moreso if I get BigSky TV to work

GrizRchattybound
October 11th, 2008, 01:46 PM
What is game time today?

any Montana tv coverage- I am in Kalispell.

Hansel
October 11th, 2008, 01:49 PM
1:37 MT

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Good deal of snow. Field's been plowed, so the wetness of the snow shouldn't be a big deal. The cold may, however.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 02:39 PM
3 and out for MSU.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Weber goes 3 and out. MSU ball on their 10.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 02:45 PM
They go to commercial and they still play. ugh. 3 and out for MSU. Weber at midfield.

Hansel
October 11th, 2008, 02:45 PM
I think the Bozeman Jr High A/V club is working the cameras

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 02:50 PM
TD Weber State on a shovel pass.

DuckDuckGriz
October 11th, 2008, 02:51 PM
In the Big Sky's Toilet Bowl, UNC leads Idaho State 9-0.

Hansel
October 11th, 2008, 02:52 PM
F'ing snow in Bozeman is messing with my Satellite TV :(

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Weber got lucky that an apparent turnover was negated by a false start.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 02:54 PM
In the Big Sky's Toilet Bowl, UNC leads Idaho State 9-0.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 02:57 PM
MSU gets a first down, but has to punt. Downed at the 2.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 03:05 PM
MSU after a shanked punt have it on the Weber 30.

CopperCat
October 11th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Cats defense is lights out today, so far.......xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Hansel
October 11th, 2008, 03:07 PM
TD b'cats

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 03:07 PM
QB draw for a touchdown for MSU.

CopperCat
October 11th, 2008, 03:08 PM
xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 03:11 PM
7-7 Quarter pole.

DuckDuckGriz
October 11th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Sounds like a good one brewing in Bozo.

CopperCat
October 11th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Hooray for the minute and a half Bacrack add.......xrolleyesx

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Bad snapped punt. Safety for MSU.

Bobcat in NC
October 11th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Sounds like the wind is just brutal

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 03:21 PM
MSU punt. Weber has it on their 24.

DuckDuckGriz
October 11th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Cat fans - when was the last time MSU had a safety?

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 03:28 PM
MSU driving now with the wind.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 03:31 PM
missed 54 yarder with the wind. Short.

DuckDuckGriz
October 11th, 2008, 03:34 PM
I can't imagine sitting in those aluminum Bobcat Stadium bleachers right now. Brrrrrr

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 03:34 PM
TD Weber State!

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Pass to inside slant tipped by the receiver, caught by the outside slant receiver for about 60 yards.

DuckDuckGriz
TD Weber State!

Wow what happened

DuckDuckGriz
Pass to inside slant tipped by the receiver, caught by the outside slant receiver for about 60 yards.

Wow nice awareness - this game has no consistency right now.

CopperCat
October 11th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Lucky tipped pass caught by a nearby WR, ran it all the way in

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Wow nice awareness - this game has no consistency right now.

I think the 25 mph wind is the cause of it.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Yeah, audio-visual way out of sync for me.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Another pin down by the MSU punter.

Bobcat in NC
October 11th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Smith's really getting to know the MSU linebackers.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Just lost the signal.

Bobcat in NC
8 carries for 2 yards thusfar. Of course, it could just as easily be 9 carries for 80 yards after his next carry. The start by the D has been good, just need to stay focused now.

DuckDuckGriz
Smith's really getting to know the MSU linebackers.

Who is starting at QB for MSU?

Bobcat in NC
October 11th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Damnit, Higgins picking apart the MSU defense in the last couple minutes of the half.

Bobcat in NC
October 11th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Oops, spoke too soon. Interception MSU.

Bobcat in NC
October 11th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Duck, Kempt got the start today (and is now the "official" starter).

Bobcat in NC
October 11th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Interception Weber on a tipped ball. Cripes, the Bobcats can't catch a break today.

DuckDuckGriz
October 11th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Duck, Kempt got the start today (and is now the "official" starter).

Interesting......If Oregon hadn't found a QB in Jeremiah Masoli I would be so bitter at you people. xlolx

Kempt's a good kid, glad to see he finally won the start.

ncbears
October 11th, 2008, 03:55 PM
score??

Bobcat in NC
October 11th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Weber, for some reason, let's the clock expire when they have the ball deep in MSU territory and 2 timeouts left. Huge mental mistake not noticing that the clock restarted after a penalty.

I Bleed Purple
Weird way to end the half. In any case 14-9 at the half, Weber.

Bobcat in NC
14-9 Weber. Halftime.

DuckDuckGriz
October 11th, 2008, 03:58 PM
score??

14-9 Weber

Are you going to let up on ISU soon, you were more lovable as the Bad News Bears ;)

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Don't know the rules, but under 2 minutes, isn't the clock supposed to stop on any defensive penalty?

DuckDuckGriz
October 11th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Don't know the rules, but under 2 minutes, isn't the clock supposed to stop on any defensive penalty?

I believe you're right. What was the penalty? If this is the case - the BSC refs blow another big one.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Defensive holding.

They rewound the clock.

DuckDuckGriz
October 11th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Defensive holding.

They rewound the clock.

I can't see any other reason then why McBride wouldn't have called a time-out. That's ridiculous if this rule is the case, which I believe it is. I think the same thing happened against MSU a few years ago at Sac State.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 04:10 PM
What happened is that there was a pass to Smith for a first down. He got drilled. Weber called timeout. Holding was on opposite side of field in the secondary and was called after Weber had gone to the sidelines and the ref announced it. Ref called the penalty, said Weber was not charged the timeout, set the ball, and wound the clock.

Stupidly handled. Ref should have told McBride that he was going to wind the clock, do you want to still use the timeout.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Lost the feed again.

I hope Weber comes out and blows 'em out. Don't want to watch a close game and have the feed cut out on an important play.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Snow covering the field now.

Nearing white out conditions, unless the returning feed is screwed up somehow.

Peems
October 11th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Bozeman looks completely miserable. Going back and forth between the Griz game and the Cat game and it is coming down hard now. Have a friend at the cat game and he is saying it is horrible.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Long drive for MSU resulting in a punt. Weber has it on the 20.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Weber driving now.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Touchdown, Weber State.

Smith up the gut for 3.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 04:36 PM
2 point conversion good. 22-9, Weber State.

DuckDuckGriz
October 11th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Wow. Cats falling apart?

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Great play fake for MSU, easy touchdown DROPPED.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 04:40 PM
FUMBEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

Weber Ball.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Weber moves the ball a bit, punt puts MSU inside their 20.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 04:53 PM
MSU in the red zone.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 04:54 PM
End of 3.

Weber State up 22-9.

Bobcat in NC
October 11th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Field goal MSU. 22-12 Weber.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Good stop in the red zone for Weber. Still two score game.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Bobcats blitzing like madmen.

Weber still driving. Big 3rd down completions.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Advantage in the first half-MSU LB.
Advantage in second half- WSU Smith.

Bobcat in NC
October 11th, 2008, 05:06 PM
MSU defense getting shredded now.

DuckDuckGriz
October 11th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Weber showing that they can pound it away and finish in the 4th.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Touchdown, Weber State.

Toone huge this drive.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Missed PAT though.

Still just two scores at 16 points up.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 05:13 PM
MSU has moved the ball some. False Starting their way to victory, though.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Turnover on downs for MSU. WSU with ball just on their side of midfield.

Bobcat in NC
October 11th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Smith's really showed up in the second half. Weber driving to put the game away.

DuckDuckGriz
October 11th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Weber has done a great job the last two weeks of slamming the door in the second half.

Bobcat in NC
October 11th, 2008, 05:24 PM
That damn tipped ball TD just seemed to take the wind right out of MSU.
Since then, they've done pretty much nothing. Some nice yards on offense, but just no ability to close (credit the Weber D).

Bobcat in NC
October 11th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Gotta go drink thsi game out of my mind. Great game Weber.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 05:28 PM
One more on the board.

Mailei Touchdown.

DuckDuckGriz
October 11th, 2008, 05:30 PM
I see no reason why Weber can't run the table now.

Congrats Wildcats - I think a win like that in Bozo against this MSU team is pretty impressive.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Don't sleep on NAU.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 05:44 PM
11-130 1 TD for Tim Toone today.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 06:08 PM
In the snow and 25 mph winds, Cameron Higgins went 28-35 347 yds and 4 TDs against just one pick.

80% completion percentage in wind and snow. Amazing.

Peems
October 11th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Eastern might still pose a problem too.

CatFan22
October 11th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Eastern might still pose a problem too.

If they lose to MSU next week in Bozeman, they are pretty much done.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 07:28 PM
They already are, basically. Can only play spoilers, now.

Peems
October 11th, 2008, 07:29 PM

They already are, basically. Can only play spoilers, now.

I wasn't talking about winning the conference, but that they do have the talent to compete with anyone in the sky and could throw a wrench into Weber's plans, as could NAU

GrizRchattybound
October 11th, 2008, 08:06 PM
10/18 1:05 p.m. FB vs Northern Colorado
10/25 4:05 p.m. FB @ Northern Arizona
11/01 1:05 p.m. FB vs Portland State
11/08 1:35 p.m. FB @ Idaho State
11/22 12:05 p.m. FB vs Eastern Washington

If they win out or only lose one..they deserve the title...but it is the BSC, huh? xnodx

They are a tough team though, congrats on the "W".

placidlakegriz
October 11th, 2008, 08:14 PM

Same for MSU, Lose next week and playoff hopes are dead.

I Bleed Purple
October 11th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Both teams should win next week. We got UNC at home and they're in Pocatello.

We're not great down there, but we're not great in Bozeman, either.

I Bleed Purple
October 12th, 2008, 01:33 AM

If they win out or only lose one..they deserve the title...but it is the BSC, huh? xnodx

W
?
W
W
?

UNC should be a win. The big NAU game. Home against PSU should be a win. In Pocatello should be a win. EWU game at home, given EWU road performance in Portland should be a W.

Still, next game is the most important one. We let down two years ago and almost gave a bad UNC team a win. Can't do that this year with a not so bad UNC team.

EDIT: Also, a one loss record with the loss to NAU means we wouldn't deserve the title.

CrazyCat
October 12th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Good game Weber State.

I'll let this picture sum up my feelings today

Grizaholic17
October 12th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Weber State truly is the real deal this year. But the griz shaped up this week. We are out for wins now. It was a good wake up call for us. Still a ways to go. Let's have a good one Big Sky!

Casey_Orourke
October 12th, 2008, 12:59 PM

Lately you never know which PSU team you will face. will it be the team you saw against EWU where everything was clicking or the one that faced NAU where Murphy struck on most plays.