PDA

View Full Version : Southern/ Jackson State Gameday Photo's.

jstate83
October 6th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Good dang weekend Jag's except for RUTLAND having to play and the final score.
I'm still tired and full from all the tailgating and people that were in Jackson this weekend.

best part is we get to do it all over again here in Jackson for Homecomming in 3 weeks.
MORE PARTIES.

SHARPY's JSU/SOUTHERN Gameday Photo's (http://sharpy.smugmug.com/gallery/6152212_i83VU#387434290_oXViS)

CSUBUCDAD
October 6th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Looks like a great time. Gotta love them dancin girls. Some true southern beauties.

89Hen
October 6th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Looks great, except....

"Tips, pig feet, rabbit, and others in the pot"

xeyebrowx xsmhx :p

jstate83
October 6th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Looks great, except....

"Tips, pig feet, rabbit, and others in the pot"

xeyebrowx xsmhx :p

Everything get's grilled............xlmaox
Seriously though..............That looked like a GUMBO pot on the photo..
Got to admit.
I hit some SU tailgates and that shat was KICKIN'. xlolx

We had one of those but our's was filled with turkey neck's, beef neckbones, and corn on the cob cooked in crab boil.
That held everyone until the grilling was done. xnodx

There was some of everything cooked down at that stadium over 3 day's.
I ate so many drunk chickens, steaks, and rib's, I don't want to see another grilled peice of meat for a while. xlolx

th0m
October 6th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Wow, great party, great crowd!

bigbluetiger
October 6th, 2008, 01:21 PM
great stuff.

slostang
October 6th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Looks like a great time and good game. Huge crowd. How many where there?

mrklean
October 6th, 2008, 03:26 PM
I see the NUPES in the PICS!!!

ASUG8
October 6th, 2008, 03:29 PM
I like pic #4, where the "no parking" sign got conveniently misplaced behind the sofaxthumbsupx

Looks like a good crowd and good eats (except for pig's feet).

jstate83
October 6th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Looks like a great time and good game. Huge crowd. How many where there?

The official paying crowd was 43,800 plus.

There was at least 12,000 highschoolers and JR. College student's that came and registered at JSU that day.
JSU give those ticket's to them for free so they are not in the official count.
It was about 55,000 plus counting the Highschooler's and JR college students.

SUjagTILLiDIE
October 6th, 2008, 05:45 PM
The atmosphere for this game is like no other. Check out these Videos of the bands and Crowd hypeness 2 hours before the game.

http://vod.themarchingnetwork.com/video/b567e884-9402-43b8-b5cc-9b2c00a9c330.htm

http://vod.themarchingnetwork.com/video/92785eca-6d5f-44e2-a03b-9b2c00b52911.htm

xthumbsupx

Cleets
October 6th, 2008, 05:51 PM
The batch of photos' with the cheerleaders is xnodx nice..!!!!

xbowx

Go...gate
October 6th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Great photos! xthumbsupx

slostang
October 6th, 2008, 06:39 PM
The official paying crowd was 43,800 plus.

There was at least 12,000 highschoolers and JR. College student's that came and registered at JSU that day.
JSU give those ticket's to them for free so they are not in the official count.
It was about 55,000 plus counting the Highschooler's and JR college students.

Both the official and unofficial counts are impressive. What's the latest on JSU's new on campus stadium? I would imagine that some of the big games like Southern would still be played at this stadium so they can handle the crowd.

SU Jag
October 6th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Great weekend! I got to Jackson on Thurday night and the stadium parking lot was full of tailgaters then! JSU played hard, but I was happy to get out of there with a win because we all know what happened the past two years.

jstate83
October 7th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Both the official and unofficial counts are impressive. What's the latest on JSU's new on campus stadium? I would imagine that some of the big games like Southern would still be played at this stadium so they can handle the crowd.

Still building up the downtown area.
Downtown Jackson is priority right now.
They putting the finishing touches on the Convention center and now are trying to build a 18,000 seat Arena in the same area that this is going on.
Right across from the convention center they are ramping up to put 2 hotel's on 2 block's of retail and housing space.

Right now, everybody is in "wait" mode cause the final plan for us came in at close to $100 million for 35 to 40 thousand seats.
The arena, basketball/concert/etc, they talking about is in the $70 million range.

Until then, we gonna shake Memorial until that byotch crumbles. xlolx
JSU had to reem the Department of Finance because they didn't have everything working when we played out 1st home game there this year.
They got it str8 for this game against SU.

Big crowd, unmatched atmosphere for SU/JSU in Jackson. (http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/30455494.html?showAll=y&c=y)

The stadium
The biggest difference between playing in Baton Rouge and Jackson starts with the bigger venue in Jackson.

Jackson State plays off campus at Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium, which seats 60,492. Southern’s on-campus A.W. Memorial Stadium holds 25,500 (although the school used to annually install more temporary seating).

When the two teams dominated the SWAC in the 1990s, two games pushed past 60,000 in attendance. For the Football Championship Subdivision level, those numbers are way above the norm.

For comparison, three-time defending champion Appalachian State leads the nation in average attendance, at 29,562. The 10th-best attendance average, currently, is 16,143. (SU averaged 18,913, sixth best nationally, and Jackson State 16,100, 11th best, last season.)

“It’s rare for teams on our level to have that much enthusiasm between two fan bases,” Richardson said.

Veterans Memorial Stadium ........ Rick Cleveland October 4th (http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20081003/COL0504/810030336/1177)

I posed this question to Mississippi State athletic director Greg Byrne when he was passing through town Thursday: Under what circumstances would you even consider playing a game in Jackson, say the week of the State Fair?

His answer: "If and when they modernize the stadium."

That means luxury suites, a real press box, a modern scoreboard and more.

In today's economy, that just isn't gonna happen.

So Jackson State, exclusively, has one of the largest home stadiums of any school in the Football Championship Subdivision.

Of course, JSU would prefer its own stadium nearer its campus. And University Medical Center covets the land where The Vet sits idle for all but seven or eight days a year.

Maybe it really is time to raze the stadium and cede the land to UMC. But first, somebody has got to figure out where the state comes up with $100 million or so to build JSU a stadium that would be little over half the size of The Vet.

Again, with today's economy that's a tough sale, especially when a modern indoor arena for the Jackson area is, at least in my mind, a more pressing need.