18. Furman 794
19. Eastern Washington 761
20. Northern Arizona 658
21. Jacksonville St. 600
22. Delaware 552
23. South Dakota St. 531
24. Weber St. 506
25. The Citadel 413
Others receiving votes (minimum of 5 votes): Sam Houston St. (53), Hampton (47), Georgia Southern (39), Tennessee St. (30), Montana St. (25), Eastern Illinois (11), San Diego (8), South Carolina St. (7), Harvard (6), Cornell (5)

MOST SIGNIFICANT WIN OF THE WEEK: Weber St.
MOST SIGNIFICANT LOSS OF THE WEEK: Montana

-------------

Press release:

AGS Poll Week Six: James Madison Remains No. 1

Chicago, IL -- The Dukes of James Madison University tightened their grip as No. 1 in the AnyGivenSaturday.com (AGS) Poll of the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) this week, garnering 109 first place votes, three more than last week.

Following the Dukes in the top ten were (in order): Appalachian State, McNeese State, Richmond, Cal Poly, New Hampshire, Wofford, Northern Iowa, Villanova, and Elon .

The full results are listed below.

Three other teams received first place votes including McNeese State (3), New Hampshire (3), and Villanova (1).

A total of 10 squads received at least the five votes required to receive mention outside of the top 25.

The Colonial Athletic Association, the FCS’s largest league lead the way with six teams in the Top 25; the Missouri Valley Football and Southern Conferences placed five each; the Big Sky Conference had four; the Southland Conference placed two; and the Ohio Valley, Great West Football, and Big South Conferences were represented with one squad.

Liberty improved the most gaining six spots while Eastern Washington fell the furthest dropping 11 spots. Sam Houston State dropped from the top 25 as Weber State entered at No. 24.

The pollsters also named Weber State's win over Montana as both the Most Significant Win and Significant Loss Of The Week.

AGS is the world’s largest online community devoted to all of the FCS and has been hailed as "the largest collection of FCS afficionados on the planet." The AGS Poll was created in 2004 to give distinguished members of the AGS community a place to voice their opinion, vote for the top 25 FCS programs in the nation, and provide the media and coaches of FCS a valuable resource to gauge general sentiment.

In comparison to other polls, the AGS Poll had as many or more of it’s preseason top 25 on it’s final regular season poll than either of the other two polls (coaches and media) had on their’s since their inception four years ago. The AGS Poll also had as many or more of it’s preseason top 25 on it’s final regular season poll make the playoffs than either of the other two polls the past four years.

In order to ensure that the poll is accurate and fair, a committee of AGS veteran members has established guidelines for voter eligibility and accountability. The AGS Poll will be announced weekly throughout the season on Mondays and a final poll will be announced shortly after the National Championship game.

Complete rankings:

Team (First-place votes) Record Points Previous Rank
1. James Madison (109) 5-1 2891 1
2. Appalachian State 3-2 2689 2
3. McNeese State (3) 3-1 2550 4
4. Richmond 4-2 2337 6
5. Cal Poly 3-1 2331 5
6. New Hampshire (3) 4-0 2239 7
7. Wofford 3-1 2003 9
8. Northern Iowa 3-2 1982 10
9. Villanova (1) 4-1 1975 12
10. Elon 5-1 1909 14
11. North Dakota State 3-2 1846 13
12. Montana 4-1 1685 3
13. Massachusetts 3-2 1566 17
14. Southern Illinois 2-2 1228 11
15. Central Arkansas 4-1 949 20
16. Liberty 5-0 888 22
17. Western Illinois 3-2 809 21
18. Furman 4-2 794 15
19. Eastern Washington 2-3 761 8
20. Northern Arizona 4-1 658 24
21. Jacksonville State 4-1 600 23
22. Delaware 2-3 552 16
23. South Dakota State 3-3 531 19
24. Weber State 4-2 506 NR
25. The Citadel 3-2 413 18
Others receiving votes (minimum of 5 votes): Sam Houston State (53), Hampton (47), Georgia Southern (39), Tennessee State (30), Montana State (25), Eastern Illinois (11), San Diego (8), South Carolina State (7), Harvard (6), Cornell (5).

Dropped out: Sam Houston State.

MOST SIGNIFICANT WIN OF THE WEEK: Weber State
MOST SIGNIFICANT LOSS OF THE WEEK: Montana

GSUhooligan
October 6th, 2008, 12:05 PM
How did we drop 2 spots after a blow out win?

danefan
October 6th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Didn't think Delaware would fall that far.

6 spot drop after losing to a team one spot below you?

Dane96
October 6th, 2008, 12:07 PM
I think GSU should be in the Top 25...or at the very least Top 26.

Dukie95
How did we collectively forget Villanova beat Richmond?

WrenFGun
I suspect it was the rise of Liberty and Weber.

danefan

Moved up two to #19 in my poll.

Dane96
October 6th, 2008, 12:08 PM
I think the Delaware ranking is fair and unfair-- I think Del and UMASS should be right next to each other...but two spots or so higher.

bluehenbillk
October 6th, 2008, 12:08 PM
E. Washington, Delaware & South Dakota St were all out of my poll. 3 losses through the 1st week of October eventually has to count for something.

Rob Iola
October 6th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Win this week and I'd think you'd make up those 2 spots and then some...

appfan2008
October 6th, 2008, 12:09 PM
not as good as past weeks but still will be better than what the coaches and media put out there

Dane96
October 6th, 2008, 12:10 PM
EWU should at the very least be 23-25...way too high. Bill...in the end I think you are being too harsh on UD...but I do respect no homerism.

They are still very tough defensively and will be a tough out the rest of the year.

Grizzaholic
October 6th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Not a bad poll. Weber St. should be higher, EWU should be lower, I wouldn't think The Citadel would fall that far losing to APP St.

WrenFGun
October 6th, 2008, 12:12 PM
As for Delaware...they've been way too inconsistent to this point and do not warrant top 25 inclusion over teams that are 3 or 4 and 1 with a quality win. Northern Arizona got my vote for performing well so far in the BSC, and with a win over Sac. St in good fashion, but make no doubt, they're barely in.

JDC325

Also, with our losses coming from a top ten BCS team, and two top ten FCS teams by less than three combined points? I guess we need to add more non scholly FCS or Div II teams to our schedule. Chat is weak and I am not saying we are top ten but cmon folks dropping GSU down after a blow out performance against a team Furman struggled against?

dbackjon
Liberty is too high - that YSU win is losing a lot of luster.
NAU and Weber too low.
Jacksonville State WAY too low.

I need to see another strong D effort from UMass to rate them higher

dbackjon
October 6th, 2008, 12:13 PM
As for Delaware...they've been way too inconsistent to this point and do not warrant top 25 inclusion over teams that are 3 or 4 and 1 with a quality win. Northern Arizona got my vote for performing well so far in the BSC, and with a win over Sac. St in good fashion, but make no doubt, they're barely in.

How is NAU barely in, but Liberty #14, when Liberty has two D-II wins?

Walkon79
October 6th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I'm glad to still be lurking just out of the top 25. If the Cat's can "upset" Weber at home, i would expect a little more love from AGS.

dbackjon
Also, with our losses coming from a top ten BCS team, and two top ten FCS teams by less than three combined points? I guess we need to add more non scholly FCS or Div II teams to our schedule. Chat is weak and I am not saying we are top ten but cmon folks dropping GSU down after a blow out performance against a team Furman struggled against?

GSU re-entered my poll this week.

GSUhooligan
Win this week and I'd think you'd make up those 2 spots and then some...

Not possible. We have a bye, which means we will probably fall even farther after next week. But you're right, if we keep winning, it will all work out.

bjtheflamesfan
October 6th, 2008, 12:15 PM
It should be said that I actually had GSU out after a loss going into the week 5 poll but have them back in after this past week's action

WrenFGun
October 6th, 2008, 12:16 PM
If Montana State beats Weber, they'll make my poll.

Liberty has three wins that are better than anything NAU can pile up. New Mexico Highlands, Sacto State, Northern Colorado and Southern Utah? Two were on the road, and conference wins are tough, so that's why I have them in the poll. Liberty has not lost a game and has wins over Coastal Carolina, Youngstown State and Western Carolina. WCU would likely be competitive with Sacto State and NoCo, and YSU and Coastal are clearly better. Plus, Liberty is undefeated.

danefan
October 6th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Can I make a suggestion? OK, thanks:

Please post your own ballot in the AGS Poll board. Better to analyze the actual AGS poll here, IMO.

It gets confusing when so many polls are being posted.

Lets use the AGS Poll thread to post our own ballots and critique them.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49058

Grizzaholic
I'm glad to still be lurking just out of the top 25. If the Cat's can "upset" Weber at home, i would expect a little more love from AGS.

Everybody in the BSC is rooting for you this week, and you will get the love next week in the polls if you win.

ToTheLeft
And, all of Liberty's FCS wins are on the Road ;-)

OL FU
October 6th, 2008, 12:18 PM

GSU 52 UTC 28
FU 35 UTC 10xeyebrowx

I think you would have a better comparison with the Elon gamexnodx

Rob Iola
Not possible. We have a bye, which means we will probably fall even farther after next week. But you're right, if we keep winning, it will all work out.
Well ok - sorry I missed the ASU game date by a week - but quality conference wins will get you back on the map. Or put another way (and this is coming from a Hens supporter who's in the same boat), it's win from now on or you'll be joining me in the Crapsville Cafe, and it won't matter 1 bit whether you're in the top 25, ARE, or off the map entirely...

WrenFGun
Yeah replace Albany, URI or Dartmouth on your schedule with UGA, Wofford and Elon and get back to me.

Sure, I understand that. GSU has also played 6 games to UNH's four, so they've had more opportunity to play tougher teams. I'm not going to battle on UNH's quality of schedule, because it's just not very good right now. UNH has the opportunity to win those tough games, though ('Nova, UMass) when they come. Until they come, though, you can't penalize the team for the loss. Let's see how UNH handles Northeastern in a few weeks...

Georgia Southern is one of the better teams outside the poll, but there are 25 teams with better resumes at this point in the season.

dbackjon
October 6th, 2008, 12:19 PM
If Montana State beats Weber, they'll make my poll.

Liberty has three wins that are better than anything NAU can pile up. New Mexico Highlands, Sacto State, Northern Colorado and Southern Utah? Two were on the road, and conference wins are tough, so that's why I have them in the poll. Liberty has not lost a game and has wins over Coastal Carolina, Youngstown State and Western Carolina. WCU would likely be competitive with Sacto State and NoCo, and YSU and Coastal are clearly better. Plus, Liberty is undefeated.

While Liberty was playing TWO D-II teams, NAU's loss was at ARIZONA STATE.

SUU is a tough team - they beat Youngstown State, same as Liberty did. You are giving Liberty credit for that, but not SUU. Strange.

WCU is much, much worse than Sac or UNC WCU would lose by 20 to each.

Your reasoning needs to be reexamined.

Syntax Error
October 6th, 2008, 12:20 PM
post your ballots on the AGS Poll board thread, easier to find that way! xlolx

Dane96
October 6th, 2008, 12:20 PM
YIKES! SE and Danefan agreeing.....the worm has turned!

WrenFGun
October 6th, 2008, 12:21 PM
While Liberty was playing TWO D-II teams, NAU's loss was at ARIZONA STATE.

SUU is a tough team - they beat Youngstown State, same as Liberty did. You are giving Liberty credit for that, but not SUU. Strange.

WCU is much, much worse than Sac or UNC WCU would lose by 20 to each.

My mistake on SUU. If they beat Youngstown, as they did, then that should be taken aside. I still like Liberty's undefeated record and victories over three FCS schools (which is the same as NAU). I also had Liberty higher in the preseason than NAU, and I think that's reflected in the difference in ranking (which isn't enormous as is).

danefan
October 6th, 2008, 12:21 PM
YIKES! SE and Danefan agreeing.....the worm has turned!

maybe we are the same person. xcoolx

Syntax Error
October 6th, 2008, 12:22 PM
YIKES! SE and Danefan agreeing.....the worm has turned!been away awhile huh? xlolx

dbackjon
October 6th, 2008, 12:24 PM
My mistake on SUU. If they beat Youngstown, as they did, then that should be taken aside. I still like Liberty's undefeated record and victories over three FCS schools (which is the same as NAU). I also had Liberty higher in the preseason than NAU, and I think that's reflected in the difference in ranking (which isn't enormous as is).

See, this is one reason why I hate preseason rankings - it biases the entire season.

Again, you are rewarding Liberty for playing TWO D-II teams, while NAU stepped up and played Arizona State.

SuperJon
October 6th, 2008, 12:24 PM

You get more credit for beating a team, any team, on the road than you do for winning at home.

JDC325
October 6th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Sure, I understand that. GSU has also played 6 games to UNH's four, so they've had more opportunity to play tougher teams. I'm not going to battle on UNH's quality of schedule, because it's just not very good right now. UNH has the opportunity to win those tough games, though ('Nova, UMass) when they come. Until they come, though, you can't penalize the team for the loss. Let's see how UNH handles Northeastern in a few weeks...

Georgia Southern is one of the better teams outside the poll, but there are 25 teams with better resumes at this point in the season.

Yes, Yes I agree wins over bad Div II teams should be given more weight than BCS games and last minute losses to top ten FCS teams. Note to GSU AD schedule Mars Hill, Weber International, and West Chester next year. Dude we dropped with a blow out win forget being in the top 25.

dbackjon
October 6th, 2008, 12:27 PM
You get more credit for beating a team, any team, on the road than you do for winning at home.

And two of NAU's FCS wins were on the road as well... :p

Dane96
October 6th, 2008, 12:29 PM
been away awhile huh? xlolx

Clearly!

appfan2008
October 6th, 2008, 12:35 PM

I had Liberty in my preseason poll and all they have done is win so they will continue to move up...

terrierbob
October 6th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Well, I screwed up and didn't get mine in on time. Three strikes and I'm out; understood completely.

We're too high. Wofford has a glaring weakness-our secondary. App State and Elon will feast on us unless (and this is entirely possible) our bulldozers up front keep us churning all game. Run defense is fine. Coverage much improved. I had us at 8 or 9.

elcid96
October 6th, 2008, 12:40 PM

No doubt that GSU is not a top 25 team. They have wins against Austin Peay and Northeastern. Hardly a cry for a top 25 showing. You lost two home games against Wofford and Elon.

I will also say that The Citadel does not belong in the top 25 either. We have wins against Princeton, Webber Int and Western. Hardly a cry for a top 25 showing either. We need to win against Elon this week to get back into it and GSU will have to beat APP at HOME if they want to get back into the poll.

Dane96
October 6th, 2008, 12:47 PM
See...not that I agree or disagree with GSU...but this is the kind of stuff that gets me.

IMHO...two more wins and Northeastern is clearly in the Top 25. Look at their wins...and their losses. heck, their game against Ball State is now a loss to a Top 25 FBS team.

Rob Iola
October 6th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Going in another direction - I can understand Montana having the most significant loss this week, but instead of the knee-jerk reaction of listing Weber St. as having the most significant win (and nudging onto the top 25 list as a result) I would argue that McNeese St. had the most significant win with their win at South Dakota State, therefore solidifying their claim to the #3 position. The impact here is that if they keep winning in the Southland they'll take over #1 when ASU and JMU inevitably stumble in their insanely difficult conference schedules...

Grizzaholic
October 6th, 2008, 12:54 PM
It will be interesting to see how far Montana fell in the other polls compared to how far Montana fell in the AGS poll.

On the AGS poll, Montana has fallen anywhere from 9th to 18th.

89Hen
October 6th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Do you yet see why I think you are quick to belittle people who don't have NAU in the top 5? xcoolx

Eight Legger
October 6th, 2008, 12:57 PM
I was ready to be a little down on Montana this year after listening to Griz fans bemoan their inexperience, but the win over Cal Poly made me think you guys were still solid. Now this happens, and I am not sure what to make of it. I know nothing about Weber State. Maybe they are just a good team...I guess we will find out soon enough.

DB_Atlantic10
October 6th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Going in another direction - I can understand Montana having the most significant loss this week, but instead of the knee-jerk reaction of listing Weber St. as having the most significant win (and nudging onto the top 25 list as a result) I would argue that McNeese St. had the most significant win with their win at South Dakota State, therefore solidifying their claim to the #3 position. The impact here is that if they keep winning in the Southland they'll take over #1 when ASU and JMU inevitably stumble in their insanely difficult conference schedules...
Well this is why we all vote....obviously not enough AGS voters agreed with the McNeese St. game as being that significant.... Normally there's nothing significant when a top five team wins over a lesser opponent.....Hmmmmm xwhistlex

dbackjon
October 6th, 2008, 12:59 PM
See...not that I agree or disagree with GSU...but this is the kind of stuff that gets me.

IMHO...two more wins and Northeastern is clearly in the Top 25. Look at their wins...and their losses. heck, their game against Ball State is now a loss to a Top 25 FBS team.

You are right - if NE beat UMass and UNH back to back, it would warrant top 25 consideration. They would be 4-3, with losses to Ball State and Syracuse, and a road OT loss to GSU. Wins over UC-Davis and @Towson.

mcveyrl
October 6th, 2008, 01:00 PM
How could you not have Elon in your week 5 poll? We were ranked as high as #7 and as low as #15 in all the major polls after week 5. Looking at the week 6 poll, I know Furman was #12 in week 5 but you pushed Elon up from unranked to #11? I'm just trying to understand your logic here. xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

I think he admitted in the other thread that he made a mistake in not including Elon in Week 5. I may be wrong, but that's what I remember and I'm too busy (read: lazy) to look it up.

dbackjon
October 6th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Do you yet see why I think you are quick to belittle people who don't have NAU in the top 5? xcoolx

We are not top 5. But clearly better than 25.

I question faulty assumptions, logic. and correct them. :p

terrierbob
October 6th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I've been granted, through powers that exceed my comprehension, a dispensation due to the "hurricane".

So....my poll was accepted.

ChickenMan
October 6th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Delaware is not a Top 25 team.. the Hen's offense is totally without a passing threat.. unless something drastic happens with their QB situation.. the Hens will struggle to win 5 games this year.

WrenFGun
October 6th, 2008, 01:03 PM
See, this is one reason why I hate preseason rankings - it biases the entire season.

Again, you are rewarding Liberty for playing TWO D-II teams, while NAU stepped up and played Arizona State.

I am not rewarding Liberty for playing two DII teams. If anything, I'm penalizing NAU for losing to a good FBS team. I look at Liberty and NAU with 3 wins against FCS competition, and I like Liberty's wins more. Couple that with the fact that I think they have more talent and a better team than NAU, and it's not hard to see the gap in ranking.

ToTheLeft
October 6th, 2008, 01:05 PM
I am not rewarding Liberty for playing two DII teams. If anything, I'm penalizing NAU for losing to a good FBS team. I look at Liberty and NAU with 3 wins against FCS competition, and I like Liberty's wins more. Couple that with the fact that I think they have more talent and a better team than NAU, and it's not hard to see the gap in ranking.

xnodx xnodx

89Hen
October 6th, 2008, 01:07 PM
10 Jacksonville St

You were saying?

WrenFGun
October 6th, 2008, 01:09 PM
We are not top 5. But clearly better than 25.

I think the majority of FCS nation disagrees with those sentiments.

dbackjon
October 6th, 2008, 01:31 PM
You were saying?

Jax St is under-rated. More so than NAU

WrenFGun
October 6th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Why's that? Is it there impressive wins over SEMO, EIU, Chattanooga or Alabama A&M? Or is it perhaps because you like Perriloux and happen to think they're more of a threat than their current resume might indicate? Goodness, where have I heard that before? That doesn't sound like what I think of Liberty at all...

BisonBacker
October 6th, 2008, 01:49 PM

McNeese was my most significant win and Montana was the most significant loss xthumbsupx

dbackjon
October 6th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Why's that? Is it there impressive wins over SEMO, EIU, Chattanooga or Alabama A&M? Or is it perhaps because you like Perriloux and happen to think they're more of a threat than their current resume might indicate? Goodness, where have I heard that before? That doesn't sound like what I think of Liberty at all...

:p :p :p

you betcha! xthumbsupx

EIU is a good win, IMHO.

GeeWiz
October 6th, 2008, 01:57 PM
You are right - if NE beat UMass and UNH back to back, it would warrant top 25 consideration. They would be 4-3, with losses to Ball State and Syracuse, and a road OT loss to GSU. Wins over UC-Davis and @Towson.

We get UMass and UNH at home the next two weeks with both games on TV (Comcast Sports NE).

We've beaten UNH the last two years and I think we have a good shot to beat UMass ... if we can keep Coen off the field and getting defensive stops on 3rd down!

Makes for an interesting weekend. xnodx

OL FU
October 6th, 2008, 01:57 PM
I took the unusual approach that if you have a losing season after week 6 you should not be in the poll. I understand SOS differences etc but at some point it comes down to winning games. Those with losing seasons can work their way back in.

Cocky
October 6th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Jax St is under-rated. More so than NAU

I don't have us in my top 25 but I do have EIU. Right now EIU and TSU are the front runners in the OVC. JSU has too many top level road game this year. If we could ever play two halves of football I might have a different opinion but as of now I would rank us somewhere between 30-40.

OL FU
October 6th, 2008, 02:23 PM
I don't have us in my top 25 but I do have EIU. Right now EIU and TSU are the front runners in the OVC. JSU has too many top level road game this year. If we could ever play two halves of football I might have a different opinion but as of now I would rank us somewhere between 30-40.

Are your arms tired from lifting those bags of sandxsmiley_wix

WrenFGun
October 6th, 2008, 02:24 PM
:p :p :p

you betcha! xthumbsupx

EIU is a good win, IMHO.

We each have our motivations, surely. Good luck to NAU the rest of the way.

89Hen
October 6th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Jax St is under-rated.
They are if you use faulty assumptions and bad logic. :)

WrenFGun
October 6th, 2008, 02:34 PM
They are if you use faulty assumptions and bad logic. :)

Heh, come on 89. You know he's just being an NAU homer. I do it for UNH. :)

drpnut
October 6th, 2008, 02:35 PM
How far does Montana, Furple, ELCid, South Illy, fall?

OL FU
October 6th, 2008, 02:37 PM
How far does Montana, Furple, ELCid, South Illy, fall?

Look at page onexwhistlex

LehighFan11
October 6th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Week 6
Approved
1. James Madison
2. Appalachian St.
3. Wofford
4. Cal Poly
5. McNeese St.
6. Richmond
7. Villanova
8. Elon
9. Southern Illinois
10. Northern Iowa
11. New Hampshire
12. Montana
13. North Dakota St.
14. Massachusetts
15. Furman
16. Weber St.
17. South Dakota St.
18. Northern Arizona
19. Liberty
20. The Citadel
21. Georgia Southern
22. Delaware
23. Eastern Washington
24. Jacksonville St.
25. Montana St.
W. Weber St.
L. Eastern Washington

I posted this earlier, not sure how it was deleted. I think the top 15 is very strong and after that there are alot of teams that are undeserving. I don't understand how So Ill is ranked 14th, win vs. Northern Iowa shouldn't be cancelled out because of a loss @ NDSU. Also, who are the 3 people that voted UNH #3?xconfusedx

jmu_duke07
October 6th, 2008, 03:04 PM
I'm curious to know who gave AppState 1st place votes... What's the reasoning?

danefan
October 6th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Week 6

I posted this earlier, not sure how it was deleted. I think the top 15 is very strong and after that there are alot of teams that are undeserving. I don't understand how So Ill is ranked 14th, win vs. Northern Iowa shouldn't be cancelled out because of a loss @ NDSU. Also, who are the 3 people that voted UNH #3?xconfusedx

It wasn't deleted. It was moved to the appropriate place.

Its better to keep all of our own ballots in the AGS Poll board, instead of on the FCS thread. That's why there is two AGS Poll Results threads started.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49058

already123
October 6th, 2008, 03:09 PM
As far as the BSC is concerned....IMO

Montana-16
NAU-19 (need to see more)
Weber-22 (untill they beat MSU, then top 15)

AGSPoll
October 6th, 2008, 03:26 PM
I'm curious to know who gave AppState 1st place votes... What's the reasoning?

AppState did not receive any first place votes

dbackjon
October 6th, 2008, 03:29 PM

OK...

You do realize you beat EIU, at EIU :p

You played Ga Tech better than Mississippi State or Duke did.

HensRock
October 6th, 2008, 03:56 PM
E. Washington, Delaware & South Dakota St were all out of my poll. 3 losses through the 1st week of October eventually has to count for something.

UD and EWU I 100% agree and they were out of my poll as well, but SDSU, are you kidding me?? They took McNeese to triple OT!
I have SDSU at #9 in my poll!

If you are wondering why UD fell so far, my guess it is because of the Hen voters who have actually seen them play. This is not a top 25 team until they find a QB - IF they find a QB. As I said above, I completely dropped them off my ballot. It's a shame because they have a really good defense.

Col Hogan
October 6th, 2008, 04:01 PM
I need to see another strong D effort from UMass to rate them higher

I think that's a very fair assessment.....xthumbsupx

MaxASU'81
October 6th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Complaining after beating Chatty?

Maroon&White
October 6th, 2008, 04:07 PM
I think that's a very fair assessment.....xthumbsupx

There will be another reason not to rank them higher a week from now.

siuham
October 6th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Yes, Yes I agree wins over bad Div II teams should be given more weight than BCS games and last minute losses to top ten FCS teams. Note to GSU AD schedule Mars Hill, Weber International, and West Chester next year. Dude we dropped with a blow out win forget being in the top 25.

You dropped two spots....outside of the top 25.

At that point the rankings are essentially a "in no particular order" sort of thing, don't take dropping outside the Top 25 as heavily as you would if you went from 23-25 for blowing out a crappy team.

89Hen
October 7th, 2008, 08:06 AM
You played Ga Tech better than Mississippi State or Duke did.
There's the faulty logic again. Delaware played Maryland better than Cal or Clemson did. xsmiley_wix

89Hen
October 7th, 2008, 08:07 AM
If you are wondering why UD fell so far, my guess it is because of the Hen voters who have actually seen them play.
xnodx Hen fans as a whole have to be the least homerish of any in the polls. Hens were not in my ballot this week either.

msupokes1
October 7th, 2008, 08:25 AM
There's the faulty logic again. Delaware played Maryland better than Cal or Clemson did. xsmiley_wix

McNeese has scored more points and had more total yards on UNC then anyone else they have played. I guess McNeese should be ranked in the FBS top 25.:)

Rob Iola
October 7th, 2008, 08:41 AM
McNeese has scored more points and had more total yards on UNC then anyone else they have played. I guess McNeese should be ranked in the FBS top 25.:)
McNeese is in position to take over the top spot in the FCS polls (AGS, Coaches, you name it) if they take care of business in their conference while watching the CAA and Socon teams bash each others heads in.

And then they'll lose in the first round at home, as per usual...

dbackjon
October 7th, 2008, 08:50 AM

And there is that selective reading again. It was a reason, not the sole reason. A part of a list. By itself, doesn't mean much. Together, supporting evidence.

OL FU
October 7th, 2008, 08:53 AM
xnodx Hen fans as a whole have to be the least homerish of any in the polls. Hens were not in my ballot this week either.

Furman was not on my ballot until we beat UD and now I am wondering if it was a wise decision after that game:o xbawlingx

89Hen
October 7th, 2008, 09:35 AM
And there is that selective reading again. It was a reason, not the sole reason. A part of a list. By itself, doesn't mean much. Together, supporting evidence.
A VERY short list. Beating EIU and playing somebody tougher than somebody else (who aren't ranked) did does nay equal #10 in my book. JSU and the other OVC teams have disappointed every year since 1998 in the playoffs. How many times to you have to be tricked into thinking one of them is a top 10 team?

msupokes1
October 7th, 2008, 10:18 AM
McNeese is in position to take over the top spot in the FCS polls (AGS, Coaches, you name it) if they take care of business in their conference while watching the CAA and Socon teams bash each others heads in.

I think people are taking the Southland too litely this year. UCA and Sam Houston are legite top 25 teams and SFA and SELA don't look all that bad either. What team do you support anyway?

89Hen
October 7th, 2008, 10:21 AM
SFA and SELA don't look all that bad either.
Not bad doesn't equal good IMO. xpeacex

buckp
October 7th, 2008, 10:25 AM
...And then they'll lose in the first round at home, as per usual...

No juju, please!!!! xsmhx ;)

Grizzaholic
October 7th, 2008, 10:27 AM

I don't think EWU will be available to go down there this year. Maybe Weber or Montana, but not EWU.

msupokes1
October 7th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Not bad doesn't equal good IMO. xpeacex

McNeese can't do anything about that. McNeese tried to schedule good out of conference with UNC, Cal Poly, and SDSU. McNeese did take a big hit this weekend with one of the starting WR loss for the season.

dbackjon
October 7th, 2008, 10:28 AM
A VERY short list. Beating EIU and playing somebody tougher than somebody else (who aren't ranked) did does nay equal #10 in my book. JSU and the other OVC teams have disappointed every year since 1998 in the playoffs. How many times to you have to be tricked into thinking one of them is a top 10 team?

Jax State is good. You don't have to believe me. I don't care what conferences have done in the past - that has no bearing on this year. you are letting biases affect your vote xsmhx

MR. CHICKEN
October 7th, 2008, 10:31 AM
[QUOTE=Grizzaholic;1137861]It will be interesting to see how far Montana fell in the other polls compared to how far Montana fell in the AGS poll.

INCONCEIVABLE TA DUH SMALL MIND....O' UH CHICKEN.......DAT DOSE LOVEABLE...LAUGHABLE GRIZZWOLD'S....WOULD PLUMMENT FROM DUH 3RD SPOT......TA DUH 12TH POSITION...xconfusedx...ON OURAH POLL........FO' DUH CRIME O' CHOKIN' ON WILDCAT FURBALLS......DIS WAS UH TRAP GAME IF EVER ONE EXISTED......DUH EXPERTS HAD DUH WEBERS WINNIN' LONG B/4 KICK-OFF......UH VERAH TOUGH WEBER STATE...WHOSE QB IS RATED 4TH IN ALL O' I-AA.....HAS CHUCKED 19 DINGERS.......AN' WHO CAME CLOSE LAST YEAR....IN MISERYOULA..........TA FALL NINE SPOTS FO' LOSIN' ON DUH ROAD...TO UH TOUGH UNRANKED SQWAD...IS JES' NOT FAIR....DUH GRIZZWOLD'S CAUGHT MAH ATTENTION......WHEN UP-ENDIN' CAL-PIE...ON DUH ROAD.......IN DERE FIRST CLASH O' DUH SEASON....WHEN PIE....HAD ALREADY HAD ONE/TWO...UNDER DERE BELT....DUH BIRD HAD 'EM 9TH IN DIS WEEKS EDITION....AH KNOW MONTE HAS STRUGGLED SOME...BUT WINS ARE WINS....SORRAH GRIZZIES........DUH 12 SPOT....IS REVENGE FO' YEARS O' SUCCESS...(EVEN IFIN' IT IS DUH BIG FLUFFY!)..xoopsx..............BRAWK/OBAMA-BIDEN!!

Rob Iola
October 7th, 2008, 10:31 AM
I think people are taking the Southland too litely this year. UCA and Sam Houston are legite top 25 teams and SFA and SELA don't look all that bad either. What team do you support anyway?
Delaware - feel free to take them litely this year. Or just take them. Please.

Look, the Southland's fine and everything (though SFA's recent meltdown against SD State was pretty epic, and McNeese didn't do much better), but when was the last time you made any noise in the playoffs? Last year UD finished 3rd in the CAA South, ASU didn't finish much higher in the Socon, Wofford flew 2000 miles to beat a very good Montana team, the Gateway/MVC had the top ranked team in the nation (UNI) plus a semi-finalist in SIU and now has ND State, etc. My point - the Southland needs to step it up to compete with the likes of the CAA, Socon, MVC, and Big Sky - right now you're kinda tied with the OVC/Big South/Great West...

Grizzaholic
October 7th, 2008, 10:33 AM
[QUOTE=Grizzaholic;1137861]It will be interesting to see how far Montana fell in the other polls compared to how far Montana fell in the AGS poll.

INCONCEIVABLE TA DUH SMALL MIND....O' UH CHICKEN.......DAT DOSE LOVEABLE...LAUGHABLE GRIZZWOLD'S....WOULD PLUMMENT FROM DUH 3RD SPOT......TA DUH 12TH POSITION...xconfusedx...ON OURAH POLL........FO' DUH CRIME O' CHOKIN' ON WILDCAT FURBALLS......DIS WAS UH TRAP GAME IF EVER ONE EXISTED......DUH EXPERTS HAD DUH WEBERS WINNIN' LONG B/4 KICK-OFF......UH VERAH TOUGH WEBER STATE...WHOSE QB IS RATED 4TH IN ALL O' I-AA.....HAS CHUCKED 19 DINGERS.......AN' WHO CAME CLOSE LAST YEAR....IN MISERYOULA..........TA FALL NINE SPOTS FO' LOSIN' ON DUH ROAD...TO UH TOUGH UNRANKED SQWAD...IS JES' NOT FAIR....DUH GRIZZWOLD'S CAUGHT MAH ATTENTION......WHEN UP-ENDIN' CAL-PIE...ON DUH ROAD.......IN DERE FIRST CLASH O' DUH SEASON....WHEN PIE....HAD ALREADY HAD ONE/TWO...UNDER DERE BELT....DUH BIRD HAD 'EM 9TH IN DIS WEEKS EDITION....AH KNOW MONTE HAS STRUGGLED SOME...BUT WINS ARE WINS....SORRAH GRIZZIES........DUH 12 SPOT....IS REVENGE FO' YEARS O' SUCCESS...(EVEN IFIN' IT IS DUH BIG FLUFFY!)..xoopsx..............BRAWK/OBAMA-BIDEN!!

My eyes are bleeding after reading that.xbawlingx

danefan
October 7th, 2008, 10:34 AM
[quote=Grizzaholic;1137861]It will be interesting to see how far Montana fell in the other polls compared to how far Montana fell in the AGS poll.

I don't think the Griz would have fallen as far if they hadn't almost choked against Central Washington the week before. A squeeker against a DII school followed by a loss to an unranked team = big fall, IMO.

Grizzaholic
October 7th, 2008, 10:38 AM
[quote=MR. CHICKEN;1139350]

I don't think the Griz would have fallen as far if they hadn't almost choked against Central Washington the week before. A squeeker against a DII school followed by a loss to an unranked team = big fall, IMO.

Don't get me wrong. I am not saying the Griz shouldn't have fallen to 12th, or whatever. I was just shocked at seeing the large spread for where AGS'ers had ranked the Griz in the latest poll.

I didn't know if the large spread was due to the fact that a lot of people thought this was, and still might be, going to be the year that the Griz finally fell out of the top 25 and missed the playoffs and were dumping the Griz just because.

Cocky
October 7th, 2008, 10:55 AM

JSU isn't on my ballot. Not sure if any other JSU fans vote if not then we would at least tie for first in the homerism award.

FCS Go!
October 7th, 2008, 10:56 AM
[QUOTE=MR. CHICKEN;1139350]

My eyes are bleeding after reading that.xbawlingx

Yeah but the Griz were ranked too high @ #3. I had them at 7 and have dropped them to 14. It could get worse though- a Griz loss at EWU coupled with a Cal Poly loss at SDSU the next week and the Griz will be in the 20s at best, even with a win against Sac.

MR. CHICKEN
October 7th, 2008, 11:05 AM

DUH VERAH REASON DIS POLL SMELLS.......WORSE DAN UH MONKEY'S DIAPER.......................BRRAAAWWWWKKKKK!

MCFAN
October 7th, 2008, 03:23 PM

Look, the Southland's fine and everything (though SFA's recent meltdown against SD State was pretty epic, and McNeese didn't do much better), but when was the last time you made any noise in the playoffs? Last year UD finished 3rd in the CAA South, ASU didn't finish much higher in the Socon, Wofford flew 2000 miles to beat a very good Montana team, the Gateway/MVC had the top ranked team in the nation (UNI) plus a semi-finalist in SIU and now has ND State, etc. My point - the Southland needs to step it up to compete with the likes of the CAA, Socon, MVC, and Big Sky - right now you're kinda tied with the OVC/Big South/Great West...
The southland had a finalist in 2002 and semi-finalist in 2004 & 2005. I agree as of late McNeese has struggled in the first round but I think the conference as a whole has performed better than you're saying.

JackTwice
October 7th, 2008, 07:44 PM

South Dakota State has losses to #3, #8 and an FBS plus 3 FCS wins including #17 and they should be out? xnonox

james_lawfirm
October 7th, 2008, 07:59 PM

FYI, ASU finished 2007 as co-champions in the SoCon - tied w/ Wofford. So, strictly speaking, you're right. First place is not much higher than third. I only mention this to start an argument.

jlcharles
October 7th, 2008, 10:04 PM
I don't get it. Who voted Nova #1? I think you forgot a zero. Haha. Seriously though, JMU is top dog in the CAA until they lose.

MR. CHICKEN
October 8th, 2008, 07:14 AM
HOPE DUH MODS.........KNOCKED ON DUH DOOR......O' DUH LAD WHO DISSED.....DUH GRIZZWOLDS....TA NUMBERAH 18........AH'D...LOVE TA HEAR HIS EXPLANATION......FO' HIS 15 POSITION DISS.....xconfusedx.....Brawk!