PDA

View Full Version : Can UNH beat W&M

art vandelay
October 5th, 2008, 05:39 PM
New Hampshire has not beaten W&M since I belive the 90's, certainly coach Mac has not beaten them. So my question is will they finaly put an end to this foolishness and beat this team.xchinscratchx

santosballnewhampshire
October 5th, 2008, 06:00 PM
The answer to that is...YES, New Hampshire is coming off a dominant win against a weak Dartmouth squad, and has had an extra week to not only prepare for the game, but to catch up on some much needed rest for some lingering injuries. William & Mary on the other hand is coming off a tough loss at Villanova, and although they have had New Hampshire's number for a long time, I have a feeling the 'Cats will keep the train rolling into CAA play.

alexale23
October 5th, 2008, 06:00 PM
NO

rcny46
October 5th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Yes.

Tribe4SF
October 5th, 2008, 08:12 PM
If the Tribe defense plays like it did in the first half against Villanova, the answer is yes. That performance has the Tribe faithful scratching their heads. Phillips should be back, and Terrence Riggins should be ready as well, so I expect the Wildcats will need to score some points, but the UNH defense is underrated. They've given up some points, but teams have had a tough time running on them.

ngineer
October 5th, 2008, 10:21 PM
I think the 'nova game was at W & M..Tribe put up 28 points on 'nova, so this could be a high scoring game. I would give a slight nod to UNH in a barnburner, 45-42..

alexale23
October 5th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Yes.

NO

WrenFGun
October 5th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Thank you for your educated opinion, Alexale.

If UNH wants to win this game, they need to score 40, IMO. If Phillips is on, they may need to score 50.

rcny46
October 5th, 2008, 11:25 PM
NO

Oh well,You can't blame me for trying.

Hoyadestroya85
October 6th, 2008, 03:30 AM
yes

WildcatFan
October 6th, 2008, 05:43 AM
I'm just hoping for sunny weather and not the monsoon we had last time we played them.

th0m
October 6th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Yes, UNH can beat W&M. But the reverse is also true.

UNH SUPERFAN
October 6th, 2008, 06:45 AM
If the weather's good there should be a huge crowd in Durham for this one, it's Homecoming!

Of course, huge for us is 10K!

UNHWILDCATS05
October 6th, 2008, 08:23 AM
If the weather's good there should be a huge crowd in Durham for this one, it's Homecoming!

Of course, huge for us is 10K!

Homecoming two years ago vs JMU was over 13k - almost double capacity... but not sure we will see that again...

WrenFGun
October 6th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Very amped for this one, and nervous already. Was hoping W&M would knock 'Nova off to make them look better, but it still won't be easy.

UNHWILDCATS05
October 6th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Any W&M fans making the trip up?

smcwildcat
October 6th, 2008, 10:47 AM
YES homecoming... is it official yet on how Phillips foot is?

UNHFootballAlum
October 6th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Yes, UNH can and should win this game at home, but some of it will depend on whether Chad Kackert will play. He is a game breaker and takes some pressure off Toman

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 6th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Yes, UNH can and should win this game at home, but some of it will depend on whether Chad Kackert will play. He is a game breaker and takes some pressure off Toman

You west coast guys stick together, don't ya.xnodx

UNHFootballAlum
October 6th, 2008, 02:17 PM
I am an east coast guy living out west.

UNHFootballAlum
October 6th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Although I like jellison a lot and think that he should get the ball more, Chad is a national leader in all-purpose yards. With one burst he can take it to the house from anywhere

santosballnewhampshire
October 8th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Although I like jellison a lot and think that he should get the ball more, Chad is a national leader in all-purpose yards. With one burst he can take it to the house from anywhere

And word on the street is that Chad is likely to be playing in this gamexthumbsupx

R3TRO
October 8th, 2008, 04:49 PM
What about Clements and J.T. Wright? Any word if they will be playing this weekend?

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 8th, 2008, 04:54 PM
What about Clements and J.T. Wright? Any word if they will be playing this weekend?

Welcomexthumbsupx

Can't help ya though

KAUMASS
October 8th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Long trip for W&M, they will struggle in the first half. If UNH is sharp in the first half after their bye week, UNH controls the game and wins comfortably, even with a W&M comeback in the second half.
If UNH isn't sharp in the first half and the score is close, it will be a barnburner to the finish. Historically, long road trips for the visiting team in the CAA favor the home team, especially the first half.

I see it now and felt it as a player!!! Long road trips suck, even via charter...

I.E.------
Delaware struggled at UNH last year. UMass struggled at William & Mary last year. UMass struggled with JMU this year. JMU struggled with Maine this year. There are of course exceptions to the rule..

santosballnewhampshire
October 8th, 2008, 05:41 PM

Clements yes, and JT is questionable

rcny46
October 8th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Speaking of injured players who are set to return to the lineup,does anyone know the status of Chris McClurg and TJ Taylor? It would be great to see this team running on all cylinders.

UNHWILDCATS05
October 8th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Also am wondering if Phillips will be back for W+M??

R3TRO
October 8th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Welcomexthumbsupx

Can't help ya though

Thanks, just glad I am finally able to post... took 3 weeks for my account to be verified? Oh well... I hope they will be adding more seating for this game. Another student section, of equal size, at the opposite end zone would be nice. xthumbsupx

UNHFootballAlum
October 8th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Word is that Chad is running with no pain, I would bet that Clements and Wright will play. I do not think any of them will be 100%. The backups need to be ready to pick up the slack if necessary

UNH SUPERFAN
October 9th, 2008, 05:02 AM
If the Cats can get a solid win against W & M I think it will set the tone for their playoff push.

Can't wait until Saturday, my first look at UNH this year!

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 9th, 2008, 05:31 AM
Speaking of injured players who are set to return to the lineup,does anyone know the status of Chris McClurg and TJ Taylor? It would be great to see this team running on all cylinders.

TJ is fine
Chris is still a couple weeks away

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 9th, 2008, 08:06 AM
According to the NH newspapers I just read online, Parent and Clements will play, Wright will not and Kackert is a possibility.