PDA

View Full Version : Central Connecticut at Albany

aceinthehole
October 5th, 2008, 02:06 PM
A big game in the NEC and Albany's first home game of the year. Albany has played a brutal schedule and has come out with some well deserved respect. The Danes earned a nice win at Hofstra, while playing tough vs. 3 top-25 CAA teams. Paced by a monster RB in McCarty, UA is 1-0 in conference play and looking to defend their NEC title.

CCSU comes in under the radar a little bit after being picked 3rd in the NEC preseason poll. Also, 1-0 in NEC play, the Blue Devils collected an impressive non-conference win over defending MEAC champ and 2007 playoff participant, Delaware State. CCSU is led by a great runner of its own, as Mallory is statistically one of the top rushers in FCS. CCSU has shown some much needed balance on offense and is led under center by a pair of capable QBs. One a rusher, the other a true passer, but both have mastered a flex-option offense and have combined for 9 passing TDs and just 1 INT.

Central Connecticut (4-1)
W, 42-35 vs. Bryant
L, 14-50 at #1 North Dakota State
W, 35-23 vs. North Carolina Central
W, 28-10 at Delaware State
W, 35-10 vs. Wagner

Albany (2-3)
L, 16-28 at #5 Massachusetts
W, 22-16 (OT) at Hofstra
L, 24-32 at #10 New Hampshire
L, 7-38 at #12 Delaware
W, 33-23 at Duquesne

Rushing (Att-Yds-Avg- TD-Long- Yds/G)
MALLORY (CCSU) 133 - 739 - 5.6 - 4 - 94 - 147.8
McCARTY (UA) 149 - 710 - 4.8 - 4 - 51 - 142.0

Passing (Att - Cmp – Int - Pct-Yds- TD)
ESPOSITO (UA) 121 – 67 – 3 - 55.4 - 716 - 5
WANKET (CCSU) 45 – 25 – 1 - 55.6 - 338 - 4
NORRIS (CCSU) 38 – 24 – 0 - 63.2 - 333 - 5

---

Thoughts on this game?

I'm thinking its going to be another typical hard fought CCSU-Albany matchup, but I think the Blue Devils escape Albany with a win. CCSU is well prepared and has revenge on their mind from the butt-kicking Albany put on CCSU last year in New Britain.

The Great Danes have a great running game, but IMO lack a real downfield passing threat. McCarty will get his yards, but we have to make him work for them and limit UA from running up and down the field on us.

CCSU's offense is much improved from last year and our first 2 weeks this year. We have lot of options and hope we can wear down a good UA defense and maybe try to pick on the secondary.

dgreco
October 5th, 2008, 02:15 PM
great game this week, and I actually think CCSU takes this one. CCSU at 5-1 with some good wins and one bad lose might also be a top25-30 team.

MR79
October 5th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I think Albany wins. No disrespect to CCSU, but revenge games are overated(unless your playing a team from Delaware who you beat once 17-10). If you compare schedules and competition its a no brainer. Yes CCSU had a nice win against Del ST. I think Hofstra beats Del State handily. Still a quality win for CCSU just the same. CCSU played a rugged NDSU and got pounded. NDSU is on par with Delaware and UMASS. Albany was manhandled by Delaware and were beaten by UMASS. They shot themselves in the foot against UMASS and gave away the New Hampshire game. Honestly, Albany has not put together a solid 4 qtr effort yet this year.

Hey, dont kid yourself about Duquesne (i think they have the ability/talent to win the NEC this year or @ least tie), that Soph QB from Michigan State is the real deal. He is on par with Liam Coen of UMASS and could start at any other team UA has faced this season. Duquesne will be very tough to beat going forward. They struggled with McCarty and their Coach made it clear that McCarty may be the best back he has ever seen play against him. With that being said I know our secondary is considered the "weak link" but they picked off the QB from Duquesne 3 times and sacked him 5. They have given up big plays to big time players. again, no disrespect to CCSU those two QBs are no where near the level of what we have seen. Our D is getting there.

CCSU is also considered one dimensional. I know you have a platoon system but both of your QBs only have thrown 90 something passes in 5 games just like UA. Esposito runs hot and cold. He looked sensational against New Hampshire but stunk the joint out @ Duquesne. We are more balanced then you will expect. Who shows up for UA with CCSU Jekyll or Hyde?

Albany wins in typical fashion. Big O line wears down D and McArt gets his 100+ and 2 TDs. I gaurantee Albany comes out throwing on Sat. If CCSU wins then they are the better team.

Albany 28
CCSU 17

Gonna be a good game.

aceinthehole
October 6th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Pretty low expectations here for CCSU. I think I'm fine with that. Albany has certainly played a tougher schedule, but they didn't DOMINATE like many expected vs. the Dukes. The road games may have worn them down a little bit, and they were never an offensive juggernaut.

I just don't see the NEC as a push over for the Danes, just because of a tough non-conference schedule. CCSU and Monmouth will be stiff tests for UAlbany. I like the fact we get UA right after 5-game road trek through the CAA and at new-member Duquesne. I also agree the Dukes can make some noise this year, as can both Monmouth and Central.

We shall see. But I think its fair to say, if CCSU pulls off the win on the road at Albany, its should count as a "quality" win. A 5-1 CCSU team with wins over DSU and Albany may get us some more respect here (and maybe in the polls). And with 2 more quality games (vs Duquesne, at Monmouth) for CCSU in the next 2 weeks, the NEC race is still open.

DetroitFlyer
October 6th, 2008, 08:42 AM
McCarty is a beast! I knew he would run well against the Dukes. Conner Dixon is also the real deal.... As he gets more comfortable with the Dukes offense, look out NEC! Both of these guys could be playing on Sundays in the future.

Albany will be playing at home for the first time in 2008. If nothing else, that gives Albany the edge in my book. Should be a good NEC contest.

Nice to see some parity building in the NEC as well. Outside of Saint Francis, almost every conference game looks to be a battle. As I have said for years, the team that wins either the NEC or PFL in any given season is certainly a playoff worthy team. The NEC will prove that in 2010, no doubt in my mind.

danefan
October 6th, 2008, 09:49 AM
I'm going with the Danes in this one.

I just think they are a better team all around. The one glaring weakness I have seen is the pass defense. That's nothing new and it won't hurt them against NEC competition becuase no one throws (with the excpetion of Duquesne).

The only way any NEC team beats Albany is if they have over 300 yards passing. I don't see that happening for CCSU, a team that averages 134 passing yards a game.

andy7171
October 6th, 2008, 09:54 AM
I do think Albany is better than their record indicates, but I was a little disappointed in their so-so win over Duquesne. I fear losing might be settling in mentally.

A win for CCSU would be huge for them.

DetroitFlyer
October 6th, 2008, 10:16 AM
I do think Albany is better than their record indicates, but I was a little disappointed in their so-so win over Duquesne. I fear losing might be settling in mentally.

A win for CCSU would be huge for them.

Only because you know next to nothing about the 2008 Dukes! I was at the Dayton / Duquesne game and I correctly called a close win by Albany with the difference being the running of McCarty. Duquesne will play the entire NEC schedule tough this season.

danefan
October 6th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Only because you know next to nothing about the 2008 Dukes! I was at the Dayton / Duquesne game and I correctly called a close win by Albany with the difference being the running of McCarty. Duquesne will play the entire NEC schedule tough this season.

Duquense has an inherent advantage this season: they are playing teams for the first time with an offense that is much different then what NEC teams are used to seeing in-conference. That is part of the reason why the PFL has been able to win the GIC in the fashion they have the last two seasons: passing offenses.

NEC teams have trouble with passing offenses. Albany is a prime example: Albany is recrutied and built to be run-stopping defense. Albany is weak in the secondary when defending against the 12-18 yard passing game, which is generally the hardest area of the field to cover.

andy7171
October 6th, 2008, 10:37 AM

I know all I need to know about Duquesne. 1-They are in Pittsburgh and 2- its impossible to remember how to spell.

Good luck trying to prop up that loss.

Ruler
October 6th, 2008, 11:02 AM
ACE I agree with your points about catching UA after 5 tough games and CCSU will be 6. I believe CCSU and Monmouth are the real deal and any of the big 3 or Duquesne is in the hunt. I do not think UA walks thru the NEC, but then again I didnt think that would happen last year either!

UA and CCSU are almost mirror images of each other. I think Albany wins as they have played a tougher schedule, are going to be @ home in what promises to be a big crowd, and have seen better athletes overall and held up well. I think part of the reason Duquesne was closer then anticipated is UA letdown a little knowing it was not a CAA team and their QB. That QB is fantastic. Duquesne should of beat Bucknell. I wasnt sold on Duquesne until Sat after the game. They overcame 3 fumbles and was sacked a bunch of times. Dixon is going to give the NEC fits.

I assure you Ford will not let them rest on their laurels and will challenge their manhood on this all week. I have been thru weeks of practice when we underachieved back in the olden days and its not pleasant. They will be ready for CCSU.

aceinthehole
October 6th, 2008, 11:16 AM
This should be a great game. I really think these are two evenly matched teams. Albany has the resume so far, but if CCSU pulls off the win on the road at Albany, they deserve to be in the discussion with the top teams from the PL, Ivy, MEAC, OVC, Big South.

IMO - CCSU has gotten better with each game, as our QB platoon system has finally taken shape. By no means are we an offensive juggernaut ourselves, but I finally like the options we have to score. Albany, has been playing great and McCarty is legit, but the first 6 games may have taken some toll on them. I expect Ford will have them prepared and they won't overlook CCSU, I just hope we can take it straight at you guys and earn a W.

I don't think this will be easy for either team, but if CCSU comes out of this at 5-1 with wins at DSU and Albany, they will deserve some props (and maybe even a vote or 2 in the polls). And if Albany dispatches of 2 of the NEC's top-contenders in back-to-back weeks after the 4-week CAA schedule, they deserve to be in the top-25 conversation even at 3-3.

danefan
October 6th, 2008, 11:22 AM
And BTW, some very optimisic posters on the Central board.

A quick skim of the CCSU-Albany thread has some posters talking about the potential to run the score up? How about the potential to just be in the game.xreadx

DSUrocks07
October 6th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Albany is a lot better than what they showed against Delaware. The key to this game will be the Danes run defense. One constant this year is that CCSU has been running the ball extremely well.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the level of competition. Delaware is pretty much on par with Delaware State this year IMO. We both have QBs that are making poor decisions. Other than that, I'm going to take the Blue Devils in this one.

CCSU - 27
Albany - 21

danefan
October 6th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Albany is a lot better than what they showed against Delaware. The key to this game will be the Danes run defense. One constant this year is that CCSU has been running the ball extremely well.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the level of competition. Delaware is pretty much on par with Delaware State this year IMO. We both have QBs that are making poor decisions. Other than that, I'm going to take the Blue Devils in this one.

CCSU - 27
Albany - 21

Really? You think Delaware is 5 TD's worse then last year? Or Del State is 5 TD's better?

Crazy talk.

DSUrocks07
October 6th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Really? You think Delaware is 5 TD's worse then last year? Or Del State is 5 TD's better?

Crazy talk.

Take it however you like. I just haven’t been impressed with either school this season.

Delaware wins:
West Chester (D-II)
Albany (2-3)

Losses:
Furman (4-2)
Umass (3-2)
Maryland (4-2)

Delaware State win:
Florida A&M (3-2)

Losses:
Hampton (4-1)
Central Connecticut State (4-1)
Kent State (1-5)

Poor QB play factored in all of our losses and theirs as well. And to answer your first question, obviously both teams are worse from last year. xoopsx

Stop living in the past xnonox

danefan
October 6th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Take it however you like. I just haven’t been impressed with either school this season.

Delaware wins:
West Chester (D-II)
Albany (2-3)

Losses:
Furman (4-2)
Umass (3-2)
Maryland (4-2)

Delaware State win:
Florida A&M (3-2)

Losses:
Hampton (4-1)
Central Connecticut State (4-1)
Kent State (1-5)

Poor QB play factored in all of our losses and theirs as well. And to answer your first question, obviously both teams are worse from last year. xoopsx

Stop living in the past xnonox

I'm not living in the past at all.

You are still talking crazy. You are comparing your losses against Hampton, Kent State and Central to Delaware's losses against Furman, Maryland and UMass, like they are similar in some way. That's where you lose me.

Sure, QB play has hurt both of you, and both teams are not nearly as good as last year. But I still fail to see how you can say that Delaware and Delaware State are even near the same level this year.

I'd take Delaware by 5 TD's over Del State this year. And I don't think I'd be alone in that bet.xtwocentsx

aceinthehole
October 6th, 2008, 12:18 PM
And BTW, some very optimistic posters on the Central board.

A quick skim of the CCSU-Albany thread has some posters talking about the potential to run the score up? How about the potential to just be in the game.xreadx

I'm not as optimistic as some of those fans, but we were let down by last years game and want revenge. We got our tails handed to us by UA in the finale, and you can understand why we'd like to return the favor. People seem to forget, if we win that game we are NEC co-champs.

I just don't think CCSU is behind Albany in talent, speed, or size. Again, there is no doubt Albany played the tougher schedule, but CCSU has improved each week. And you can only compare tough losses to wins for so long. (I really wish UA played a PL team instead of that 4th CAA team - a 2-2 Albany is better for you and the NEC)

Also, I'm not making excuses for the NDSU game, but IMO you can't compare it to any of the CAA games you played this year. First, its a long, long flight to nowhere - not a bus trip to Amherst or Newark. It was our first game ever in a dome and its very loud there. Sure, NDSU might not be the #1 team anymore, but they are good, very good. CCSU came out and played nervous and got behind quickly. However, Wanket (or JC transfer QB) was still learning the offense and played like crap. NDSU played their starters until the mid-4th and we played a 7-7 tie in the second half. I'm not saying we could win the game tomorrow, but I assure you the score wouldn't be the same.

Again, I finally feel pretty good about CCSU. Not only have we won the last 3 games (NCCU, DSU, Wag), but we never trailed, not for a second. In fact, in our other win, we only trailed Bryant for 32 seconds in the 4th Q. We are jumping out to an early lead, then controlling the game clock with our rushing. If we can score early, that a good sign for us.

In the preseason, I said I would judge our team by our record in 3 games (DSU, UA, Monmouth). DSU might be down from last year, but no one really gave us a chance and we not only won, but controlled the entire game.

aceinthehole
October 10th, 2008, 11:21 AM
From the NEC:
http://www.northeastconference.org/News/fball/2008/10/9/FB-PreviewWK7-08.asp?path=fball

Central Connecticut State (4-1, 1-0 NEC) at Albany (2-3, 1-0 NEC)
Kickoff: Saturday at 1:00 pm LIVE on Time Warner 3

Albany's Alumni Field will host a game that both sides have awaited for quite some time. The Great Danes, the only Division I (FBS or FCS) team to not open its home schedule until October, make their triumphant return in front of a home crowd that has yet to host their NEC champion team in more than 10 months. Meanwhile, Central Connecticut State has its first chance to erase the memory of last year's regular season finale, a 49-14 home loss to the Great Danes with the NEC title on the line. The Great Danes have not played at home since they rolled past Robert Morris on November 3 of last season, two weeks prior to their title-clinching victory at Central Connecticut State.

Being away from home hasn't seemed to bother Albany tailback David McCarty (Gansevoort, NY/LaSalle Institute) one bit. Facing NEC competition this past week for the first time since his 247-yard performance at CCSU more than 10 months ago, McCarty gained 230 yards on 37 carries in powering the Great Danes past Duquesne. Even some of the nation's top teams could not slow Albany's all-NEC ball carrier. McCarty ran for 125 yards at No. 13 Massachusetts before gaining 130 yards at No. 4 New Hampshire. In addition to utilizing their defensive playmakers like defensive end Ernie Greywacz (New Canaan, CT/New Canaan) and linebacker Jeff Marino (New Britain, CT/New Britain) to neutralize the Great Danes' tailback, the Blue Devils can significantly limit McCarty's impact by keeping Albany's offense on the sidelines. Central Connecticut certainly has the running game to achieve such an end.

Ranked amongst the nation's top-10 rushing attacks for the third consecutive year, the Blue Devils' ninth-ranked, multi-faceted rushing attack can gain chunks of yardage while taking a major bite out of the clock. The conference's top team in time of possession features the nation's fifth-ranked running back in junior James Mallory (Buffalo, NY/Kenmore West). Despite having Mallory held to under 100 yards rushing for the first time all season, the Blue Devils cruised to a 35-10 victory over Wagner last week while managing 243 net rush yards. The quarterback tandem of Aubrey Norris (Staten Island, NY/Hargrave Military) and Hunter Wanket (Rancho Santa Fe, CA/Palomar JC) not only threw for three scores, but carried the ball a combined 11 times for 66 yards.

danefan
October 10th, 2008, 11:32 AM
From the NEC:
http://www.northeastconference.org/News/fball/2008/10/9/FB-PreviewWK7-08.asp?path=fball

Central Connecticut State (4-1, 1-0 NEC) at Albany (2-3, 1-0 NEC)
Kickoff: Saturday at 1:00 pm LIVE on Time Warner 3

Albany's Alumni Field will host a game that both sides have awaited for quite some time. The Great Danes, the only Division I (FBS or FCS) team to not open its home schedule until October, make their triumphant return in front of a home crowd that has yet to host their NEC champion team in more than 10 months. Meanwhile, Central Connecticut State has its first chance to erase the memory of last year's regular season finale, a 49-14 home loss to the Great Danes with the NEC title on the line. The Great Danes have not played at home since they rolled past Robert Morris on November 3 of last season, two weeks prior to their title-clinching victory at Central Connecticut State.

Being away from home hasn't seemed to bother Albany tailback David McCarty (Gansevoort, NY/LaSalle Institute) one bit. Facing NEC competition this past week for the first time since his 247-yard performance at CCSU more than 10 months ago, McCarty gained 230 yards on 37 carries in powering the Great Danes past Duquesne. Even some of the nation's top teams could not slow Albany's all-NEC ball carrier. McCarty ran for 125 yards at No. 13 Massachusetts before gaining 130 yards at No. 4 New Hampshire. In addition to utilizing their defensive playmakers like defensive end Ernie Greywacz (New Canaan, CT/New Canaan) and linebacker Jeff Marino (New Britain, CT/New Britain) to neutralize the Great Danes' tailback, the Blue Devils can significantly limit McCarty's impact by keeping Albany's offense on the sidelines. Central Connecticut certainly has the running game to achieve such an end.

Ranked amongst the nation's top-10 rushing attacks for the third consecutive year, the Blue Devils' ninth-ranked, multi-faceted rushing attack can gain chunks of yardage while taking a major bite out of the clock. The conference's top team in time of possession features the nation's fifth-ranked running back in junior James Mallory (Buffalo, NY/Kenmore West). Despite having Mallory held to under 100 yards rushing for the first time all season, the Blue Devils cruised to a 35-10 victory over Wagner last week while managing 243 net rush yards. The quarterback tandem of Aubrey Norris (Staten Island, NY/Hargrave Military) and Hunter Wanket (Rancho Santa Fe, CA/Palomar JC) not only threw for three scores, but carried the ball a combined 11 times for 66 yards.

Good writeup by the NEC.

This game will likely come down to two things: special teams play and each team's ability to throw the ball.

Whoever throws for more yards and wins the special teams battle will win the game IMO.

KAUMASS
October 10th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Should be a great game. Advantage to Albany with their running game and they are at home. Albany passing game should open up after Mr. Mcarty and company establish the run. I see Albany by 10 points. Central will put up a heck of a fight-wish this game was on the tube...Good luck to both teams.

danefan
October 10th, 2008, 11:40 AM
UAlbanysports.com writeup:

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15800&ATCLID=1600400

Albany, N.Y. -- After five consecutive road games to begin the 2008 season, the University at Albany football team comes home to University Field to take on Central Connecticut State in a Northeast Conference matchup on Saturday, Oct. 11. Kickoff is 1:07 p.m. The contest will be televised in the Capital Region on Time Warner Cable (TW3). Fans can also listen to the game on Fox Sports 980 (WOFX-AM).

Central Connecticut State (4-1, NEC 1-0) opened its NEC schedule with a 35-10 victory over Wagner on Oct. 4. Aubrey Norris, who threw a pair of touchdown passes last week, rotates at quarterback with junior college transfer Hunter Wanket. The Blue Devils, who are working on their fifth consecutive winning campaign, employ a run-oriented, multiple attack that is currently ninth nationally in rushing at 238.0 yards per game. Running back James Mallory is fifth among the FCS national leaders with a 147.8 average. Defensive end Ernie Greywacz (6-4, 240) earned mid-major All-America recognition as a junior. Greywacz picked off a pass when his team dismantled Delaware State, a 2007 NCAA playoff team, earlier this season.

UAlbany (2-3, NEC 1-0) defeated conference newcomer Duquesne, 33-23, in its first NEC action of the year last week. Vinny Esposito became the first quarterback to account for four touchdowns (3 passing, 1 rushing) in a single game since Oct. 2, 1999. His two fourth-quarter scoring passes helped his team pull away. David McCarty, who registered his second 200-yard day as a collegian on the ground against Duquesne, is the nation’s sixth-leading rusher at 142.0 yards per game. Defensive linemen Tom Pandolf (7 tackles) and Mike Kelly (7 tackles, 1.5 sacks) were active defenders.

The Great Danes are the lone NCAA Division I FBS or FCS program to play their first home game in the month of October. In contrast, Nebraska will go on the road this week for the first time after five home dates in a row to start its season.

http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics13/200/GX/GXCWIOPVLLJADYN.20081010145310.jpg

KAUMASS
October 10th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Hey Danefan,

Curious..what's UA's overall winning percentage at home?

Dane96
October 10th, 2008, 12:01 PM
107 of our 216 wins have come at home.

107-61

aceinthehole
October 10th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Should be a great game. Advantage to Albany with their running game and they are at home. Albany passing game should open up after Mr. Mcarty and company establish the run. I see Albany by 10 points. Central will put up a heck of a fight-wish this game was on the tube...Good luck to both teams.

I agree, this should have been the NEC-TV game on a regional cable network, like FSN-NY. However, the game will be televised on local cable (Time Warner 3) in the Albany area.

This week's NEC-TV game is Duquesne at Robert Morris on FSN-Pittsburgh.

http://www.northeastconference.org/images/general/2008/10/8/duqrmu08.jpg

KAUMASS
October 10th, 2008, 12:20 PM
107 of our 216 wins have come at home.

107-61

Thanks...almost 64%, not bad, not bad at all. Probably a good shot at 108-61 after tomorrow's game.

danefan
October 10th, 2008, 12:23 PM
I agree, this should have been the NEC-TV game on a regional cable network, like FSN-NY. However, the game will be televised on local cable (Time Warner 3) in the Albany area.

This week's NEC-TV game is Duquesne at Robert Morris on FSN-Pittsburgh.

http://www.northeastconference.org/images/general/2008/10/8/duqrmu08.jpg

I'm hoping maybe we'll be able to get it on channelsurfing.net, but its unlikely.

Here's a pre-game video from the Hartford Courant.

Central players are ready!

http://www.courant.com/video/?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=3001572

danefan
October 11th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Game starts off good for CCSU.

Big return back over into Albany territory.

danefan
October 11th, 2008, 12:18 PM
3-0 CCSU

danefan
October 11th, 2008, 12:20 PM
anybody else here?

danefan
October 11th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Danes running at will on this drive.

danefan
October 11th, 2008, 12:21 PM
1st and goal from the 4 for the Danes now.

GD84
October 11th, 2008, 12:23 PM
sup danefan...i am here. you watching or listening?

danefan
October 11th, 2008, 12:23 PM
CCSU stopping the danes now.

4th and goal at the 1/2 yard line.

Danes going for it

danefan
October 11th, 2008, 12:24 PM
TD Esposito on the QB sneak

listening.

I'm in NJ, out of TW3 zone

GD84
qb sneak...TOUCHDOWN UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUALBANY!

GD84
wondering what the attendance is like and why I don't hear the pep-band

danefan
October 11th, 2008, 12:26 PM
wondering what the attendance is like and why I don't hear the pep-band

All I hear is the CCSU band.

Sounds sort of loud, but its hard to tell.

I would guess about 3 or 4,000

GD84
October 11th, 2008, 12:26 PM
hey there is the pep-band...lol

danefan
October 11th, 2008, 12:27 PM
our kickoff coverage sucks today

danefan
October 11th, 2008, 12:33 PM
at some point central has to throw a pass beyond the line of scrimmage.

danefan
October 11th, 2008, 12:35 PM
CCSU takes their second time out of the half.

Central put a pass formation out and the QB got confused. He hasn't seen one of these all year.http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/clear.gif

GD84
October 11th, 2008, 12:35 PM
I seem to think there are more CCSU fans there then UA fans, which would be upsetting.

danefan
October 11th, 2008, 12:37 PM
I seem to think there are more CCSU fans there then UA fans, which would be upsetting.

Hard to tell. But you can hear CCSU fans chanting. Roger is on the home side. I wonder if they're sitting on teh home side?

danefan
October 11th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Who is Rodney reporting from the sideline?

danefan
October 11th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Albany is so deep at RB.

McCarty
Simmons
Gannon

Amazing.

danefan
October 11th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Danes knocking on the door again.

New UAlbanysports.com liveStats

http://www.ualbanysports.com/liveStats/newLiveStats.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=15800&DB_LANG=C&KEY=&SPID=8009&SPORT_ID=8009&GAME_STAT_ID=94550

*doesn't work with Firefox.

danefan
October 11th, 2008, 12:53 PM
2nd CCSU QB in now.

dgreco
October 11th, 2008, 12:57 PM
CCSU really needs to develop a passing game, it is tough to watch how hard it for them to pass the ball.

A lot of good NEC games this week. Wagner is ahead of MU right now.

danefan
October 11th, 2008, 01:00 PM
4th and 6 CCSU.

Central unable to move the ball once inside the redzone.

3rd field goal today attempt in 3 drives for CCSU.

danefan
October 11th, 2008, 01:01 PM
CCSU really needs to develop a passing game, it is tough to watch how hard it for them to pass the ball.

A lot of good NEC games this week. Wagner is ahead of MU right now.

You watching or listening dgreco?

dgreco
October 11th, 2008, 01:03 PM
You watching or listening dgreco?

listening, but i caught the CCSU vs. Bryant game. Besides the 70 yard screen pass for a touchdown they did nothing in the air. It seems like UAlbany isn't throwing hte ball either. 5 passes in the game?

Seems like CCSU is moving the ball, but can't finish.

danefan
October 11th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Esposito throwing the ball well. 6-8 for 61 yards.

Need to open him up more on 1st down. McCarty will get 4+ on 2nd down more often then not.

danefan
October 11th, 2008, 01:06 PM
this radio broadcast sucks. Its really just the audio from the TV broadcast so they aren't as descriptive as they usually are.

danefan
October 11th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Darn.

INT CCSU. 43 seconds left in the 2Q

danefan
October 11th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Albany has had trouble with the end of the 1st half all year. Pretty much cost them teh UNH game.

Need to stop CCSU this drive.

danefan
October 11th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Fumble CCSU!!!

Tom Pandoff with the forced fumble and recovery!

danefan
October 11th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Dr. McElroy on at halftime.

Maybe he'll talk about the stadium issue.

EDIT:
nope. just basketball and lacrosse talk. typical.

danefan
October 11th, 2008, 01:39 PM
huge play by CCSU coming out of the half.

Fumble on the opening kickoff with CCSU recovering on teh Albany 28.

danefan
October 11th, 2008, 01:45 PM
huge play by the Danes. Stop CCSU on 4th and 1 after the big turnover.

No harm no foul for Danes on the fumble.

GD84
October 11th, 2008, 02:05 PM
pay dirt for mccarty...24-9 UA

esposito is 17/23 for 254 yards and 2 TDs and 1 INT...

McCarty has 181 total yards of offense...85 rushing and 96 passing.

danefan
October 11th, 2008, 02:18 PM
CCSU is knocking on the door.

2 and goal at the 6 yd line.
12:14 4Q

Penalty against CCSU, pushing them back 5 yards.

Hansel
October 11th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Final 24-22 Danes

89Hen
October 14th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Delaware is pretty much on par with Delaware State this year IMO. We both have QBs that are making poor decisions.

NET YARDS RUSHING
Delaware - 347
DelSt - 88

NET YARDS PASSING
Delaware - 189
DelSt - 56

Delaware didn't need a QB to beat you last year, and this year's Hen defense is better than last year. The DelSt game was very comparable to the West Chester game last year. This year the Hens beat WCUPA 48-20 with the Rams scoring late to make it even that close. I would expect a similar result with DelSt this year. xpeacex

danefan
October 14th, 2008, 10:27 AM
NET YARDS RUSHING
Delaware - 347
DelSt - 88

NET YARDS PASSING
Delaware - 189
DelSt - 56

Delaware didn't need a QB to beat you last year, and this year's Hen defense is better than last year. The DelSt game was very comparable to the West Chester game last year. This year the Hens beat WCUPA 48-20 with the Rams scoring late to make it even that close. I would expect a similar result with DelSt this year. xpeacex

I'm surprised it took a UD fan so long to catch that.

89Hen
October 14th, 2008, 10:33 AM
I'm surprised it took a UD fan so long to catch that.
It was the title of the thread that threw me. I had to follow DSU's signature to here. :D

danefan
October 14th, 2008, 10:46 AM
It was the title of the thread that threw me. I had to follow DSU's signature to here. :D

That's funny. I have signatures and pictures turned off so I didn't see that.

I'd still take UD over Delaware by 5 TDs. xcoffeex

I'd take Albany over Del State by at least 2 TD's.xnodx

And I know I wouldn't be alone in either one of those bets.