PDA

View Full Version : SLC Predictions - Week Seven

TexasTerror
October 5th, 2008, 08:42 AM
TT's Predictions
2007 Record: 46-14 (24-4 SLC)
2008 Record: 31-4 (0-1 SLC)
Total: 77-18 (24-5 SLC)

Nicholls State at Northwestern State - Nicholls State was competitive for the first half at UNI, one of the better teams in the land. The Demons have yet to be competitive against any team of note. This will begin the snowball effect as SLC play continues for NWST in the weeks ahead. NICHOLLS STATE

Kentucky Weslayan at Stephen F. Austin - If the Lumberjacks are lucky, they'll start off the game against KWU the same way that they did against SDSU and the same way Southeastern did against them last week. Heck, SFA may want to come out how they did in the second half againast SLU. This is a must-win for SFA. This would be a big setback for the Jacks if they were to find a way to lose. STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Texas State University - San Marcos at McNeese State - The Bobcats still are inconsistent. It looks like George will take over the reigns of the offense after he showed some signs of life. McNeese is going to put points on the board as they have showed every game this season. The Bobcats are going to give up points with ease. Johnnie Cole of Texas Southern said throw it to the middle and with an explosive group of wide receivers, that is what Matt Viator will do. McNEESE STATE

** GAME OF THE WEEK **
Sam Houston State at Central Arkansas - My heart wants to be pick Sam Houston State. This is the first of what will more than likely be two consecutive GOTW for SHSU, who faces McNeese next week. Two of the most exciting QBs in the Southland. Can the Bearkats and Todd Whitten break their futility streak of losing to UCA and McNeese? Not in Conway, though I will be rooting for them to do so. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

BEAR
October 5th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Ditto on your picks TT.

But that Sam Houston game scares the #$@!@##@! out of me. xeekx

I think it could go either way for either team. But I will also pick my Bears..it's a home game and our offense looked pretty good against Tulsa. xthumbsupx

JohnStOnge
October 5th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Texas State University - San Marcos at McNeese State - The Bobcats still are inconsistent. It looks like George will take over the reigns of the offense after he showed some signs of life. McNeese is going to put points on the board as they have showed every game this season. The Bobcats are going to give up points with ease. Johnnie Cole of Texas Southern said throw it to the middle and with an explosive group of wide receivers, that is what Matt Viator will do. McNEESE STATE

I do think McNeese should be favored and I do think McNeese will still have a fairly explosive set of wideouts. However, that aspect of their game took a big hit yesterday when Quinten Lawrence got hurt. He's a guy who holds the McNeese 60 meters record and he was on crutches after the game yesterday. Right now the impression seems to be that he's done for at least a while if not for the season.

The shame of it is that all he was doing when he got hurt was trying to keep a coffin corner punt out of the endzone. Just planted the wrong way or something when he put on the brakes.

blackfordpu
October 5th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Nicholls State at Northwestern State - Their offensive style is tough to defend and NW State has struggled this season.

Kentucky Weslayan at Stephen F. Austin - This game at home, they better win.

Texas State University - San Marcos at McNeese State - They play the games for a reason but it would be a huge shock for the Bobcats to pull this one off. McNeese at home.

Sam Houston State at Central Arkansas - This is a must win, IMO, for the Bearkats so the coaches better have the guys ready. It will be close but I think Bomar is on a mission and wills the Kats to a victory.

BEAR
October 5th, 2008, 12:04 PM
The UCA game should go UCAs way because of several things.

1. It's a TV game. Hard to lose one of those for the Bears.
2. It's at home. A crowd of 13k will be screaming while the Kats have the ball. Plus UCA has only lost 3 at home out of 24 games played there.
3. The offense looks very good. The defense needs some work but UCA should have several injured defensive players back for the game..something they haven't had all year.
4. The kicking game is great! Carmona is solid and our punts are long. Coverage shoudl be better with the defense returning some guys.
5. QB Nathan Brown knows it's his senior year and he's on TV and if he's going to impress the scouts again he had better take this opportunity.
6. There are several recruts coming to this game. Conque will have his best game showing for these guys.
7. The officials will have no influence in this game. Having gone to years of home games at UCA, I can tell you that there are blown calls and made calls every game..i.e. the infamous forward lateral by UC Davis. xmadx
8. The smell of bbq drifting through the air will distract the SHSU players.
9. The cheerleaders will distract the SHSU players.
..and

10. UCA is playing SHSU...it's an owned series..and by the way, the Central Sooey comment is so offensive (Huck the Fogs) that I'm going to dress up like a used car salesman in a plaid suit, grease my hair back and wear my big Bomar nametag in retalliation....xlolx

Just kidding.

Gonna be a great game and welcome to Conway..xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
October 5th, 2008, 12:33 PM
8. The smell of bbq drifting through the air will distract the SHSU players.

You should know better -- we got Mt. Zion aka Church of Holy Smokes BBQ in the air for all of our games. Our players won't be distracted by any UCA BBQ! ;)

McNeese75
October 6th, 2008, 12:11 AM
You should know better -- we got Mt. Zion aka Church of Holy Smokes BBQ in the air for all of our games. Our players won't be distracted by any UCA BBQ! ;)

xlolx You got that right TT xnodx

McNeese75
October 6th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Nicholls State at Northwestern State

Kentucky Weslayan at Stephen F. Austin

Texas State University - San Marcos at McNeese State

Sam Houston State at Central Arkansas

JoshUCA
October 6th, 2008, 07:34 AM

Sam Houston State at Central Arkansas- I am REALLY looking forward to the game...Homecoming + TV = 13,000 fans + A UCA VICTORY! GO BEARS!

MSU_77
October 6th, 2008, 08:25 AM

Kentucky Wesleyan at Stephen F. Austin

Texas State at McNeese State

Sam Houston State at Central Arkansas

patssle
October 6th, 2008, 08:28 AM
It's at home. A crowd of 13k will be screaming while the Kats have the ball

Meh. After attending the NDSU game in the Fargodome and our offense shredding their defense, I'm not too worried about crowd noise these days ;) Unless its Montana or NDSU again.

TexasTerror
October 6th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Meh. After attending the NDSU game in the Fargodome and our offense shredding their defense, I'm not too worried about crowd noise these days ;) Unless its Montana or NDSU again.

I'd guess the FFD was a lot louder than Estes Stadium because of the enclosed field within facility unlike the open air stadium that is Estes...

A shame that I'll be in the Little Rock/Conway/Hot Springs area on Monday and Tuesday, missing the real action in the area on Saturday night...believe I'll see Justin Acri (doesn't he do some UCA football?)...?

patssle
October 6th, 2008, 08:37 AM
I'd guess the FFD was a lot louder than Estes Stadium because of the enclosed field within facility unlike the open air stadium that is Estes...

That helps, plus bigger crowd, and their fans were yelling the entire time, it was a CONSTANT loud, not just in the 4th quarter or something.

buckp
October 6th, 2008, 08:47 AM
** GAME OF THE WEEK **
Sam Houston State at Central Arkansas....

No doubt about it! xbowx

Gotta go with my second favorite team in SLC - Sam! xthumbsupx

GeauxLions94
October 6th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Nicholls State at Northwestern State - Demons looking for revenge after 58-0 loss to Colonels last year down on the bayou ... Colonels' option might be too much, but I'll go with the home team in a close one. NORTHWESTERN STATE

Kentucky Wesleyan at Stephen F. Austin - SFA got the improbable comeback last week against Southeastern xmadx , but will need no comeback against the DII Panthers. High-powered Jack offense scores early and often. STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Texas State at McNeese State - McNeese got big win on the road, but suffered a big loss in Quinten Lawrence ... won't matter as Texas State D gives up big yards (see Bobby Reid) and has to play in the Hole. McNEESE STATE

** GAME OF THE WEEK **
Sam Houston State at Central Arkansas - Bomar vs. Brown. That's all you need to know. Should be a full house in Conway with two prolific offenses going at it. Call me crazy, but I smell upset special with the road team taking a close one. SAM HOUSTON STATE

JohnStOnge
October 6th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Nicholls State at Northwestern State - Though the score was bad I watched Nicholls State play UNI. I think they were right there with the Panthers physically and took themselves out of the game with largely unforced penalties and turnovers. I don't think Northwestern State has been playing well.

** GAME OF THE WEEK **
Sam Houston State at Central Arkansas - Looking at how Nathan Brown did against Tulsa was the final straw that made me pull the trigger for the Bears. He was 24 of 33 (72.7%) for 342 yards, 3 touchdowns, and no interceptions. Tulsa ain't Oklahoma but that's still a pretty tough opponent for an FCS and that's an impressive performance.

For the season he's hit 71.2% of his passes for 1,458 yards, 14 TDs and 0 interceptions.

In short, he's been playing lights out. As well as the guy on the other side's been playing, I think Brown has been playing better. Add to that the fact that Central Arkansas is playing at home, which inclined me towards the Bears to start with, and I have to go with the new kids in the conference.

JoshUCA
October 6th, 2008, 11:04 AM

A shame that I'll be in the Little Rock/Conway/Hot Springs area on Monday and Tuesday, missing the real action in the area on Saturday night...believe I'll see Justin Acri (doesn't he do some UCA football?)...?

Yes, Acri does the color commentary on the radio broadcast for UCA.

TexasTerror
October 6th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Yes, Acri does the color commentary on the radio broadcast for UCA.

May need to introduce myself and talk a little SLC football when I see him next week... xnodx

JoshUCA
October 6th, 2008, 12:20 PM
May need to introduce myself and talk a little SLC football when I see him next week... xnodx

Don't know how far that will get you...I am not so sure how much he know about the SLC xwhistlex

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 6th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Nicholls State at Northwestern State--rivalry game. could go either way. i'll go with the triple-option-with-pass-sprinkles here.

Kentucky Weslayan at Stephen F. Austin--i don't even know what division K-Dub is in (and yes, i'm too lazy to look it up), but since i've never heard of them, da jacks shouldn't lose to them...right?

Texas State at McNeese State...pffft no defense = no chance for the cats.

Sam Houston State at Central Arkansas--bears win in a shootout on a last second field goal.

BEAR
October 6th, 2008, 12:51 PM
......and if you find Acri's neck...don't tell him...xlolx xlolx

slycat
October 6th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Nicholls State at Northwestern State - Could be close but Nicholls St has looked better this year.

Kentucky Weslayan at SFA - SFA better win

Texas State at McNeese State - Bobcats give up 50+ points, can the offense keep up in a shootout? The Pokes gave up a lot of points to SDSU so maybe. I doubt it though so Pokes win.

Sam Houston State at Central Arkansas - UCA continues to beat kats.

Bearkat-Backer
October 6th, 2008, 04:30 PM

Kentucky Weslayan at SFA

Texas State at McNeese State

Sam Houston State at Central Arkansas xnodx

msupokes1
October 6th, 2008, 04:36 PM
[QUOTE=slycat;1138399

Texas State at McNeese State - Bobcats give up 50+ points, can the offense keep up in a shootout? The Pokes gave up a lot of points to SDSU so maybe. I doubt it though so Pokes win.

McNeese only gave up 24 to SDSU in regulation. The rest of the points were in OT.

slycat
October 6th, 2008, 05:17 PM
[QUOTE=slycat;1138399

McNeese only gave up 24 to SDSU in regulation. The rest of the points were in OT.

I forgot about the 3OT. I just want to feel like we have a chance.

crossfire07
October 6th, 2008, 05:17 PM
and 7 of those were given by the offense. the D will continue to improve but I really like seeing more of the man on man this year.

JohnStOnge
October 6th, 2008, 05:58 PM
and 7 of those were given by the offense. the D will continue to improve but I really like seeing more of the man on man this year.

I'd say 10 were given up by the offense. There were two long interception returns. One was a touchdown return. The other was returned to about the McNeese 30 where, on the tackle, McNeese was called for a horse collar. That moved the ball down to around the 15. McNeese held them to a field goal so the defense didn't really give up anything at all.

Really, SDSU only had one scoring drive where they put first downs together and ended up driving to a score during regulation. The other offensive TD during regulation was on that 70+ TD pass on third and long.

Of course a big play like that is a good play by the offense and/or a poor play by the defense. The McNeese defense gave it up. But, either way, McNeese's defense was only responsible for 14 of the points given up during regulation.

MaximumBobcat
October 6th, 2008, 06:17 PM
MSU hasn't beat TxSt in "The Hole" since 2002. Of course, MSU will be heavily favored and rightfully so going into this game. With BG back, we might have enough offensive power to win, only if the pokes turn the ball over at least 4 times. I'll give it a 7% chance of the upset. xlolx

McNeese75
October 6th, 2008, 09:36 PM
MSU hasn't beat TxSt in "The Hole" since 2002. Of course, MSU will be heavily favored and rightfully so going into this game. With BG back, we might have enough offensive power to win, only if the pokes turn the ball over at least 4 times. I'll give it a 7% chance of the upset. xlolx

xmadx Don't even start talking about turnovers against the Cats. I still have nightmares about the 2006 game xnodx

katstrapper
October 7th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Nicholls State at Northwestern State--Nicholls St and the triple option too much for the Demons

Kentucky Weslayan at Stephen F. Austin-- SFA should handle this one

Texas State University - San Marcos at McNeese State --I think the SDSU game might have caught their attention.

Sam Houston State at Central Arkansas--This game is a toss up because both teams have high octane offenses and very good QB's. However, my gut tells me that Bomar and company have a score to settle with the Bears and will be ready to play. Kats win in a shootout, but close.xcoffeex

slycat
October 7th, 2008, 05:09 PM
xmadx Don't even start talking about turnovers against the Cats. I still have nightmares about the 2006 game xnodx

We need a repeat.xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

McNeese75
October 7th, 2008, 09:41 PM
We need a repeat.xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Of last year :D

SFA 71
October 8th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Nicholls State at Northwestern State Close

Kentucky Weslayan at SFA Not close at all

Texas State at McNeese State Not close at all

Sam Houston State at Central Arkansas Not close at all

A mostly purple weekend.xthumbsupx

KleinTx05
October 9th, 2008, 05:11 PM

"Hopefully" with a splash of Maroon xdeadhorsex:D

McNeese75
October 9th, 2008, 09:51 PM

Looks like Barney is on the prowl this weekend xlolx

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 09:12 PM
This week isn't going as planned for anyone, outside of SFA-Ky Weslayan, especially if SHSU find a way to beat UCA...

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 09:56 PM
SFA 49-0 Kentucky Weslayan FINAL
Northwestern State 36-28 Nicholls State FINAL
Central Arkansas 48-46 Sam Houston State FINAL

1:50 to go...Texas State University - San Marcos 45-34 McNeese

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 10:33 PM
What the frick? This week, I went 1-2 in SLC, 2-2 overall. One loss away from equaling my SLC conference loss total and we still got six more SLC weeks!

TT's Predictions
2008 Record: 33-6 (1-3 SLC)
Total: 79-20 (25-7 SLC)

Purple Pride
October 11th, 2008, 10:39 PM
What the frick? This week, I went 1-2 in SLC, 2-2 overall. One loss away from equaling my SLC conference loss total and we still got six more SLC weeks!

TT's Predictions
2008 Record: 33-6 (1-3 SLC)
Total: 79-20 (25-7 SLC)

You shouldn't have picked against UCA at their Homecoming.xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 10:41 PM
You shouldn't have picked against UCA at their Homecoming.xthumbsupx

I picked UCA...(and will pick them again next week)... xthumbsupx

I went against NWST and TXST...

GeauxLions94
October 11th, 2008, 10:50 PM
I picked UCA...(and will pick them again next week)... xthumbsupx

I went against NWST and TXST...

I lost out on Texas State (think most everyone did) and Sam Houston State (said it would be close) ... got SFA (think everyone did) and Northwestern State :D

KleinTx05
October 12th, 2008, 02:01 AM
"Hopefully" with a splash of Maroon xdeadhorsex:D

Hey McTailGator
xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx

xlolx

NSUDemon98
October 12th, 2008, 09:41 AM
This week isn't going as planned for anyone, outside of SFA-Ky Weslayan, especially if SHSU find a way to beat UCA...

I don't know about "anyone"...the games may not being going the way YOU wanted them to unfold but I sure was hoping for a NSU victory...xrotatehx

McNeese75
October 12th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Hey McTailGator
xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx

xlolx

Nice, I guess that shows everyone a lot about your character xwhistlex
(This is not said in defense of McTailgator, simply an opinon of you)

NSUDemon98
October 13th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Nice, I guess that shows everyone a lot about your character xwhistlex
(This is not said in defense of McTailgator, simply an opinon of you)

Have you not seen McTailGator's signature? That is where it came from...

McNeese75
October 13th, 2008, 02:19 PM
xpeacex my bad, I get it now

KleinTx05
October 13th, 2008, 05:15 PM
xpeacex my bad, I get it now

Its all friendly competition ... I dont talk smack outta anger. I respect everyones team, everyones organization, and all posters post

...well maybe everyone and everyones team besides Sam Houston ...The PuzzyKats are severly overrated year in and year out. They live off Rhetts image ...Ya hear that Texas Terror ...OVERRATED!!! xnodx

MSU_77
October 13th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Its all friendly competition ... I dont talk smack outta anger. I respect everyones team, everyones organization, and all posters post

...well maybe everyone and everyones team besides Sam Houston ...The PuzzyKats are severly overrated year in and year out. They live off Rhetts image ...Ya hear that Texas Terror ...OVERRATED!!! xnodx

I don't know if you can say they're overrated. They unquestionably have a lot of talent on offense, but they're not nationally ranked. I'm just hoping the Cowboys can score one more point then SHSU.

Seat16Demon
October 13th, 2008, 09:35 PM
I'm not going to say the Demons are really great or anything, but I think they have the potential to surprise a few folks.

Purple Pride
October 13th, 2008, 10:19 PM
I don't know if you can say they're overrated. They unquestionably have a lot of talent on offense, but they're not nationally ranked. I'm just hoping the Cowboys can score one more point then SHSU.Yeah. A lot of talent at talking **** at the sideline fans because you're a sore loser.xwhistlex

McNeese75
October 14th, 2008, 09:45 AM
I'm not going to say the Demons are really great or anything, but I think they have the potential to surprise a few folks.

Demons ALWAYS have potential to create havoc and they usually crank it up when they hit the field against the Cowboys. I'm sure this year will not be any different. xnodx