PDA

View Full Version : Sam Houston State at Central Arkansas - Game Thread

TexasTerror
October 5th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Sam Houston State Bearkats @ Central Arkansas Bears
Saturday, October 11 · 6 p.m · Estes Stadium (Conway, Ark.)
UCA Homecoming · Southland TV

Live Stats: http://ucasports.com/gallery/FBlive/xlive.htm
Live Video: Southland NOW (for those outside of reach of Southland TV) on the Southland.org web site

Audio:
SHSU: http://www.gobearkats.com or http://www.ksam1017.com
UCA: http://streamer.tcworks.net:8000/ucasports.m3u

Releases
SHSU: http://www.gobearkats.com/pdf7/145015.pdf?ATCLID=1597003&SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_OEM_ID=19900
UCA: http://ucasports.com/sport.asp?action=gamenotes&sportid=1

Team Web Site:
SHSU: http://www.gobearkats.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=19900&KEY=&SPID=11345&SPSID=92955
UCA: http://ucasports.com/sport.asp?action=home&sportid=1

Team Fan Sites:
SHSU: http://www.katfans.com/
UCA: http://www.ucafans.com/

Game Day Weather Information:http://www.wunderground.com/sports/CFB/hometeam/Central_Arkansas:Bears.html?st=1223751600

blackfordpu
October 5th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Man I wish I could make the trek to this game. However, I can not, so I will be planted in front of the TV watching the crappy SLC feed. xlolx

TexasTerror
October 5th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Man I wish I could make the trek to this game. However, I can not, so I will be planted in front of the TV watching the crappy SLC feed. xlolx

Having the game for free on TV on a rather decent feed is much better than sitting infront of a computer with bad audio and a one-camera shot.. xnodx

BEAR
October 5th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Forget the quality of feed....it won't matter after halftime anyway....xcoolx xlolx

TexasTerror
October 5th, 2008, 01:21 PM
From TreyUCA from Friday...

University of Central Arkansas football coach Clint Conque and the Bears' athletic director, Brad Teague, have proven to be pretty good chefs as far as scheduling this season.

They've taken several philosophical ingredients and mixed a little of this and a little of that for the one of most challenging, but probably the fairest schedule, in recent UCA history.

The Bears are 4-1 going into this week's open date before homecoming and the Southland Conference opener against Sam Houston State on Oct. 11.

"The open date comes at a really good time," Conque said. "We have a chance to get some of our injured players healed and back. We have a chance to catch up the classroom and the weight room. And we have about three days to give some expanded work to our younger players and those we are redshirting."

http://thecabin.net/stories/100308/spo_1003080018.shtml

TexasTerror
October 5th, 2008, 03:37 PM
By Cody Stark of the Huntsville Item...

Is this the year? Loaded with offensive weapons, the time is now for the Bearkats to establish control of the Southland Conference

Here we go again. Another Southland Conference football season is upon us, so it’s time for the annual speculation of how Sam Houston State is going to fare when the dust has settled.

It has been a weird season so far. Hurricane Ike has made it seem like an eternity since Bearkat fans had the chance to see their team in action with the cancellation of a home game sandwiched between a bye week and two nonconference road games.

But there has been no reason to fret because of the three games Sam Houston State has played, and from what has been seen (by few), heard or read about, this squad has a lot of potential.

http://www.itemonline.com/sports/local_story_279010332.html

JohnStOnge
October 5th, 2008, 05:04 PM

Is this the year? Loaded with offensive weapons, the time is now for the Bearkats to establish control of the Southland Conference

I think the reasonably respectable performance at Kansas is reason for being encouraged but I also think the truest thing the guy said in the article was the statement he made in asking the question, "So what if it is hard to tell where this team stands heading into Saturday’s opener at Central Arkansas?"

East Central Oklahoma is 1-5 and hasn't given up fewer than 34 points in any game. The Tigers lost by 66-7 to Abilene Christian this past weekend and gave up 49 points during their only win (55-49) over Northeastern State.

Gardner Webb is a little better, but it's still hard to tell a lot from domination of a FCS that's 2-3 with the wins over 0-6 Austin Peay and 3-2 D-II Tusculum.

I'd say we'll know a lot more about where Sam Houston State is after they play Central Arkansas. I guess that's kind of obvious. But I think the author is making too much out of the offensive performances against East Central Oklahoma and Gardner Webb. When he says, "Besides a 38-14 loss to No. 16 Kansas ...the Bearkats have been unstoppable," that's a pretty big "besides."

TexasTerror
October 5th, 2008, 05:06 PM
I agree -- we do not know much about SHSU. We know their offense has weapons more so than we thought, but can they keep it consistent, especially for these next two weeks against UCA and McNeese?

We know we also do not have depth (as seen against G-W and to some degree against ECU)...could definitely be in trouble, but on the bright side, if win these next two weeks, we're clearly in the driver's seat, while on the otherhand an 0-2 start to the SLC will put us out of the playoff picture and just left to get the 'W' over our big rivals...

blackfordpu
October 5th, 2008, 07:58 PM

Great article by Cody. Can't get much more straight forward than that.

patssle
October 6th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Playcalling will determine this game for SHSU, I don't think anybody in the conference can shut down our aerial attack. We lost last year partly because of crappy offensive playcalling. This year it seems we are more consistent, lets hope it continues into SLC play.

JohnStOnge
October 6th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Am I correct in thinking that Sam Houston State has never won the Southland Conference's automatic bid? I'm looking at http://michigan-football.com/ncaa/f/shouston.htm .

In 2004 the BearKats technically tied for the Southland championship but Northwestern State went with the automatic bid because the Demons won head to head.

In 2001 it was a similar situation. There was a technically a three-way tie among Sam Houston, Northwestern State, and McNeese with one loss apiece but McNeese was got the auto bid due to beating both of the other two teams.

Sam Houston's most recent previous appearance in the I-AA playoffs appears to have been in 1986. The site I'm looking at has them indicated as being in the Gulf South Conference then.

In 1983 and prior to that the site has Sam Houston State indicated as being in the Lone Star conference, which I guess was stll Division II then, and in any case there are no playoff appearnces indicated through the beginning of the I-AA tournament in 1978.

So it looks like, if they do win the automatic bid like the author of that Item article thinks they could, it'll be an unprecedented event.

JohnStOnge
October 6th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Playcalling will determine this game for SHSU, I don't think anybody in the conference can shut down our aerial attack. We lost last year partly because of crappy offensive playcalling. This year it seems we are more consistent, lets hope it continues into SLC play.

Just remember that Central Arkansas has an offense too. It appears to be a very good one. Maybe Central Arkansas will just flat out play Sam Houston State. Could happen and I don't think most fans around the SLC would be shocked if it does.

Course I don't think they'd be shocked if the opposite happens either. That's what makes it the game of the week.

But I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that if Sam Houston plays well they're going to win. I don't think they're the favorite in this game. I think Central Arkansas is good and they're playing at home. If Sam Houston beats them I think that'll say a lot.

JohnStOnge
October 6th, 2008, 10:34 AM
I was just looking at how Nathan Brown did against Tulsa in order to see how he performed against Central Arkansas' toughest opponent. He hit on 24 of his 33 passes (72.7%) for 342 yards, 3 TDs, and 0 interceptions.

Sam Houston State isn't going to be the only team on the field with a passing attack.

patssle
October 6th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Just remember that Central Arkansas has an offense too. It appears to be a very good one. Maybe Central Arkansas will just flat out play Sam Houston State. Could happen and I don't think most fans around the SLC would be shocked if it does.

Nathan Brown and UCA put 35 points on our defense last year, and last year our defense was BAD.

We are more than capable of putting more than 35 points on the board this year, and our defense is better.

JoshUCA
October 6th, 2008, 11:02 AM
I was just looking at how Nathan Brown did against Tulsa in order to see how he performed against Central Arkansas' toughest opponent. He hit on 24 of his 33 passes (72.7%) for 342 yards, 3 TDs, and 0 interceptions.

Sam Houston State isn't going to be the only team on the field with a passing attack.

Take this as you will, but just for fun let's compare scores for Tulsa.

@UAB 45-22
@UNT 56-26
vs. New Mexico St 56-14
vs. UCA 62-34
vs. Rice 63-28

UCA's offense has put up the most points on TU's defense so far this season. Also, 7 of their 62 points against us came in the final 15 secs of the game with the starting QB in the game...

I'm not saying these numbers mean anything, but they are just for fun.

TexasTerror
October 6th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Am I correct in thinking that Sam Houston State has never won the Southland Conference's automatic bid? I'm looking at http://michigan-football.com/ncaa/f/shouston.htm .

You are correct. At-large every time...as a SLC member.

TexasTerror
October 7th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Bears hope to find comfort zone at home against Bearkats (Conway Log-Cabin Democrat)

With the Southland Conference opener and a homecoming showdown looming Saturday, University of Central Arkansas football coach Clint Conque is hoping for a big boost from a home crowd and some decisive kicks.

The Bears (4-1) take on Sam Houston State (2-1) at First Security Field at Estes Stadium at 6 p.m. Saturday in a regionally televised game of two of the top-rated teams in the Southland Conference. Both teams are coming off bye weeks.

"From what you can see from the statistics, it's two evenly matched teams," Conque said Monday at the weekly Bearbackers luncheon. "You have two of the best quarterbacks in college football (UCA's Nathan Brown and Sam Houston's Rhett Bomar). Both teams are averaging about the same number of points, and we're giving up about the same. We are dead even in turnover margin. The only thing I see right now is we hope to gain an advantage in the kicking game. I hope that can lead to field position and turnovers."

http://www.thecabin.net/stories/100708/spo_1007080020.shtml

JohnStOnge
October 7th, 2008, 06:16 PM
I think it's a shame UCA isn't eligible for the playoffs this year with Brown being a senior. I mean, it's good for McNeese (and everybody else) in that it means that if UCA should win the league the second place team will go to the playoffs. But I'd really like it better if the Bears were eligible.

katstrapper
October 7th, 2008, 08:34 PM

There is not much difference, if any, between both teams. Very good offenses, very average defenses, weak kicking games. This game is going to come down to who wants it more. As I have said before, Bomar has a score to settle. He wants this game VERY bad. Look at both QB's last games and see how even they really are...

Against Tulsa
Nathan Brown... 24 of 33 (72.7%), 342 yds, 3tds 0 ints

Against Gardner Webb
Rhett Bomar......22 of 29 (75.8%),340 yds, 5 tds 0 ints (all first half)

I am looking for a track meet this weekend.

TexasTerror
October 7th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Look at both QB's last games and see how even they really are...

Against Tulsa

Against Gardner Webb

Not the best comparison, considering Bomar was going against the 85th ranked team in FCS compared to Brown who was going against the team that could end up as the C-USA champion.

The problem for UCA for most of the season was their inability to come out strong out of the gate. If they have that problem this weekend and SHSU is able to get some scores on the board during their first possessions, it could make the difference in the game.

What would amuse me and shock all is a 'pitcher's duel' this weekend. Never know what to expect...perhaps this game with all this offensive hype will turn into a defensive showdown.

BEAR
October 7th, 2008, 09:35 PM
There is not much difference, if any, between both teams. Very good offenses, very average defenses, weak kicking games. This game is going to come down to who wants it more. As I have said before, Bomar has a score to settle. He wants this game VERY bad. Look at both QB's last games and see how even they really are...

Against Tulsa

Against Gardner Webb

Weak kicking games? Maybe for SHSU, but UCA has had a great year in the kicking game.

PUNTING Team Cl G Punts Yds Avg Long
2. Beard,Jonathan. UCA JR 4 14 587 41.9 55
6. Raymer, Derrick SHSU SR 3 12 414 34.5 47

SCORING (KICK) Team Cl G PATs FGs Pts Pts/G
1. Carmona,Eddie.. UCA FR 5 21-23 7-8 42 8.4
5. Wilkins, Taylor SHSU JR 3 16-17 1-2 19 6.3

FIELD GOALS Team Cl G FG FGA Pct. FG/G
1. Carmona,Eddie.. UCA FR 5 7 8 87.5 1.40
8. Wilkins, Taylor SHSU JR 3 1 2 50.0 0.33

Now if you're talking about kickoffs and punt defenses:

KICKOFF RETURNS G Ret Yds TD Avg
3. Central Arkansas.... 5 21 462 0 22.0
7. Sam Houston St...... 3 12 201 0 16.8

KICKOFF COVERAGE G No. Yards Avg Retn TB NetAvg
1. Central Arkansas.... 5 35 2191 62.6 634 3 42.8
8. Sam Houston St...... 3 21 1041 49.6 343 0 33.2

All that for you stat heads..but the real game will happen when Bomar and company see our defense. We play at a different level at home and our line usually is able to make QBs run. Bomar will get his yards, but they won't be very productive in a 3rd down situation.

OPP 3RD-DN CONVERT G Conv Att Pct
-------------------------------------------
1. Central Arkansas.... 5 21 66 31.8
3. Sam Houston St...... 3 20 50 40.0

But we'll see. Rumor is that there are already over 6100 tickets sold to the game and that doesn't include any of the the 13k students and the numerous locals who can't watch the pigs play unless they buy payperview. Get your ticket early Bearkats and expect an endzone packed with screaming fans. xthumbsupx

blackfordpu
October 7th, 2008, 10:33 PM
It is all talk until Saturday.

Bring on the Bears. xnodx

BEAR
October 7th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Heard that the game is probably sold out! Makes sense since there are already 6100 tickets sold and students not counted for in that! 8500 seat stadium...looks like it's time for the bleachers to be rolled in...xthumbsupx

blackfordpu
October 8th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Heard that the game is probably sold out! Makes sense since there are already 6100 tickets sold and students not counted for in that! 8500 seat stadium...looks like it's time for the bleachers to be rolled in...xthumbsupx

That is great. It is good for the SLC to have full houses for TV games.

Will make it easier to get more televised games in the future.

TexasTerror
October 8th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Outside of McNeese, it seems UCA is the only school that can really put a consistent strong game day environment together for the cameras. Great job, UCA!

Once you get your facilities in line and those renovations are in the works, you will prove that adding you to the conference was probably in the best interest of the SLC.

katstrapper
October 8th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Weak kicking games? Maybe for SHSU, but UCA has had a great year in the kicking game.

PUNTING Team Cl G Punts Yds Avg Long
2. Beard,Jonathan. UCA JR 4 14 587 41.9 55
6. Raymer, Derrick SHSU SR 3 12 414 34.5 47

SCORING (KICK) Team Cl G PATs FGs Pts Pts/G
1. Carmona,Eddie.. UCA FR 5 21-23 7-8 42 8.4
5. Wilkins, Taylor SHSU JR 3 16-17 1-2 19 6.3

FIELD GOALS Team Cl G FG FGA Pct. FG/G
1. Carmona,Eddie.. UCA FR 5 7 8 87.5 1.40
8. Wilkins, Taylor SHSU JR 3 1 2 50.0 0.33

Now if you're talking about kickoffs and punt defenses:

KICKOFF RETURNS G Ret Yds TD Avg
3. Central Arkansas.... 5 21 462 0 22.0
7. Sam Houston St...... 3 12 201 0 16.8

KICKOFF COVERAGE G No. Yards Avg Retn TB NetAvg
1. Central Arkansas.... 5 35 2191 62.6 634 3 42.8
8. Sam Houston St...... 3 21 1041 49.6 343 0 33.2

All that for you stat heads..but the real game will happen when Bomar and company see our defense. We play at a different level at home and our line usually is able to make QBs run. Bomar will get his yards, but they won't be very productive in a 3rd down situation.

OPP 3RD-DN CONVERT G Conv Att Pct
-------------------------------------------
1. Central Arkansas.... 5 21 66 31.8
3. Sam Houston St...... 3 20 50 40.0

But we'll see. Rumor is that there are already over 6100 tickets sold to the game and that doesn't include any of the the 13k students and the numerous locals who can't watch the pigs play unless they buy payperview. Get your ticket early Bearkats and expect an endzone packed with screaming fans. xthumbsupx

Yes I was referring to us. It was a slip of the key. It is frustrating because the kicking game has always been a strength of SHSU in years past.

JoshUCA
October 8th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Outside of McNeese, it seems UCA is the only school that can really put a consistent strong game day environment together for the cameras. Great job, UCA!

Once you get your facilities in line and those renovations are in the works, you will prove that adding you to the conference was probably in the best interest of the SLC.

I really can't wait until we expand Estes Stadium! Plans are in the works to add skyboxes and club seating for sure and plans should be in the works to expand general seating too.

JoshUCA
October 8th, 2008, 07:56 AM
This game is going to be insane and I can't wait! This will be my first UCA home game of the year to attend so I expect nothing less than a Bear Victory! xnodx GO BEARS!

TexasTerror
October 8th, 2008, 08:05 AM
If you need them -- game notes are up on UCA's site:

http://www.ucasports.com/gamenotes/UCA-SHSU%20NOTES.pdf

UCABEARS75
October 8th, 2008, 08:08 AM
While most everyone is predicting a scoring shoot-out, I am not convinced this will be the case.

UCA has played an interesting schedule. In our three games vs. teams who did not have the talent to challenge us (Henderson, UAPB, and Quincy) it was really hard to judge if our defense was very good or not.

In the one game where our defense was clearly overmatched (Tulsa) they basically scored at will.

In the one game where we were matched up vs. a D-Iaa opponent with comparable talent (UC Davis) our defense played very well overall and dominated in the first half.

Since last spring Coach Conque has said that our defense this year was vastly improved over last year. Bigger, stronger, and faster.

While our best linebacker is out, I still believe that our defense is significantly improved over the one the SLC saw last year.

If our offense is anywhere near as sharp as it was vs. Tulsa I like our chances a lot. Should we come out cold and spot Sam Houston a score or two, it would not be good.

patssle
October 8th, 2008, 09:18 AM

Why? Because they sell out? SHSU would sell out every game too if we had a stadium that holds 8,035.

UCABEARS75
October 8th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Why? Because they sell out? SHSU would sell out every game too if we had a stadium that holds 8,035.

This is and interesting observation. Yes we have one of the smallest, if not the smallest, stadium in the conference. I think the official capacity is 8,900 but it will comfortably seat probably 10,500 or so.

However, our "sell outs" are more in the 11,500-12,500 variety and they are thinking more like 13,000 for Saturday.

But even the attendance is not really the thing. We are not ready to even approach McNeese for tailgating or overall game day atmosphere but we have something really special going on at UCA right now and it is building week by week, year by year. (Average attendance with virtually no tailgating in 2000, Conque's first year, was probably 2,000 or less).

I hope many SHSU fans make the trip up this weekend and join us for a great game.

TexasTerror
October 8th, 2008, 10:44 AM
This is and interesting observation. Yes we have one of the smallest, if not the smallest, stadium in the conference. I think the official capacity is 8,900 but it will comfortably seat probably 10,500 or so.

However, our "sell outs" are more in the 11,500-12,500 variety and they are thinking more like 13,000 for Saturday.

Thanks for sharing that insight!

Pat -- check out the attendance numbers, UCA is packing them above capacity at a clip of 130.27%. That mark is good enough for fourth in FCS. Sure, it doesn't say much -- but I figure SHSU would have a much different environment if we had 12k each game, if not more.

McNeeserocket
October 8th, 2008, 12:02 PM
In 2001 it was a similar situation. There was a technically a three-way tie among Sam Houston, Northwestern State, and McNeese with one loss apiece but McNeese was got the auto bid due to beating both of the other two teams.

Actually, there was only a two way tie in 2001 between McNeese and Sam Houston. Each had lost one conference game (McNeese lost to SFA and Sam Houston lost to McNeese). McNeese got the playoff bid because they won the head to head with Sam Houston. Northwestern lost two conference games that year (one to Sam Houston and one to McNeese).

TexasTerror
October 8th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Coach Conque - SLC Teleconference (paraphrased)

(Opening Statement) We're glad to have had an open date and it will bring value to us this week and down the road. Seven week SLC stretch. Coming off Tulsa game, very physical game. Gave our guys a few days off. Glad to open at home and open the conference season. Coach Whitten and his staff do a super job, prepared, kids in the right place. Offensively, it does not take long to see Bomar is the guy that makes them go. Outstanding player. Dual threat. Amongst nation's best throwing the football. Plethora of receivers. 3 or 4 guys catching the balls and make YAC. Of course, Madkins, the big wideout is someone we tried to recruit. Big physical OL. Good RB, averaging over 6 ypc and catch the ball well. Chris Brown, good physical athlete. Get blocks, spin off, make tackles. LB play downhill and sound in secondary. Hands full. We're expecting a big crowd. Two of the better senior QBs in college football. Going to make for an exciting evening.

(Keys to the game/Log Cabin Democrat) Which defense can defend the best is the key to the game. About making stops and certainly, the kicking game has got a chance to play a large role in what happens. Our QB is playing good, Rhett Bomar is playing exceptionally well. You know they are going to make first down, score points, it comes down to fewest mistakes and who makes most stops. And what advantage you gain in kicking game. Longer we keep their offense on sideline, better chance we have. Hot team.

(Important to Play Big Game First/San Marcos Record) You play the schedule you got, this happens to be first one. It's big, they are all big. Seven of them. Said throughout summer, championship runs through Lake Chuck until someone knocks them off. Lots of good teams. TxSt has McN off the bat, we got SHSU. It's going to be a very physical, violent game every Saturday night. I'm just glad we're opening at home. We play pretty well at home last 3-4 years. Playing at home gives us an extra chance against a very good football team.

(The little things/Nacogdoches Daily Sentinel) It's quarter by quarter, drive by drive, half by half, game by game. It's about tackling, being in right spots. It's about re-routing WRs. If your in zone, matching the people. Offenses today, I don't think we're extremely complicated. Offenses today spread you out and put premium on execution, tackling. Playing LB seems to be a lost art. We're asking LBs to do a lot of things, play run, hit gaps, hit gaps in blitz, match WRs. Not everyone is playing TE down after down. Playing 4, 5 WRs. Asking personnel to do a lot of things they didn't have to do 3-5 years ago. No question right now that offense, atleast on paper that offense have upperhand. Who can play better defense, make stops, tackle. And of course, the kicking game. Offenses are putting so much pressure and forcing matchups they live.

TexasTerror
October 8th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Coach Whitten at SLC Teleconference (Paraphrased)

(Opening Statement) I think last week was or 3rd or 4th open week. We've been open a lot. We scrimmaged a bit normal than we normally would because we needed to play football. We're pretty healthy and have had several breaks, so I think that's a positive. Excited about opening conference play. Great test for our program. They came to Huntsville the last two years and got after us. We have respect for their program, Nathan Brown is a wonderful player, very accurate. Has great feet. One of the best QBs in the country and played well against us the last two years. Defensively, very athletic. We have our work cut out for us.

(Keys to game/Conway Log Cabin Democrat) I am not sure anytime you play a game in the SLC, I know very often around here, there's a lot of close games are played. Who makes the fewest mistakes, avoid the costly penalties that occur. Two very good QBs. I think each one of those guys will make plays. I think it will come down to limiting mistakes, turnovers and things like that.

(Hope to Turn Tide on UCA/Nacogdoches Daily Sentinel) I think overall we are better. We'll find out Saturday. Offensively, we are more explosive and can make big plays. We got into scoring area and fumbled. Second time, we got a holding call. Ran it down to 15 and that brought us back. Caught a pass and got pass interference. Shot ourselves in foot. Hopefully we can play a little cleaner. Faster defensively, which will help. Gave up big plays and probably to their credit, they were able to make big plays. We got to limit that, it's going to be tough. Last year, their QB was 28 of 36 and 311 yards and 3 TDs, I don't think we sacked him. He was on fire, we got to limit what he does.

BEAR
October 8th, 2008, 01:12 PM
What other FCS game this week will you get:

1. Two of the FCS elite QBs playing on the same field?
2. TV cameras broadcasting the game all over the United States?
3. Pro scouts drooling over all that talent?
4. Tailgating, drinks, fireworks, and fun?
5. A baggo tournament to benefit charity with a 1st prize of $1000?
6. A packed stadium overflowing so much that the police have to call for backup!
7. An offensive scoring shootout that will probably hit the over 100 point mark! (he winces to make that prediction)
8. A view of America that you haven't seen yet...2 games in Katland..it's Beartime.
9. Partying until sunrise!
and finally....
10. A chance to get Nathan and Rhett to both sign your football! xlolx

TexasTerror
October 8th, 2008, 03:16 PM
What other FCS game this week will you get:

1. Two of the FCS elite QBs playing on the same field?
2. TV cameras broadcasting the game all over the United States?
3. Pro scouts drooling over all that talent?
4. Tailgating, drinks, fireworks, and fun?
5. A baggo tournament to benefit charity with a 1st prize of $1000?
6. A packed stadium overflowing so much that the police have to call for backup!
7. An offensive scoring shootout that will probably hit the over 100 point mark! (he winces to make that prediction)
8. A view of America that you haven't seen yet...2 games in Katland..it's Beartime.
9. Partying until sunrise!
and finally....
10. A chance to get Nathan and Rhett to both sign your football! xlolx

What about 'The King'...?

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/Image/WWE-Raw/Jerry-Lawler-profile.jpg

KAUMASS
October 8th, 2008, 03:20 PM
I'm excited about this game from an east coast standpoint...should be a great game and clarify some voting opinions for me. The GPI has C. Arkansas at #17 and SHS at #24. Good luck to both teams.

BEAR
October 8th, 2008, 03:27 PM
What about 'The King'...?

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/Image/WWE-Raw/Jerry-Lawler-profile.jpg

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
I actually forgot about him...xlolx (who is he? xconfusedx ) xlolx

blackfordpu
October 8th, 2008, 08:07 PM
While most everyone is predicting a scoring shoot-out, I am not convinced this will be the case.

UCA has played an interesting schedule. In our three games vs. teams who did not have the talent to challenge us (Henderson, UAPB, and Quincy) it was really hard to judge if our defense was very good or not.

In the one game where our defense was clearly overmatched (Tulsa) they basically scored at will.

In the one game where we were matched up vs. a D-Iaa opponent with comparable talent (UC Davis) our defense played very well overall and dominated in the first half.

Since last spring Coach Conque has said that our defense this year was vastly improved over last year. Bigger, stronger, and faster.

While our best linebacker is out, I still believe that our defense is significantly improved over the one the SLC saw last year.

If our offense is anywhere near as sharp as it was vs. Tulsa I like our chances a lot. Should we come out cold and spot Sam Houston a score or two, it would not be good.

We have the same questions about our defense.

TexasTerror
October 9th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Coulson backs UCA...

Sam Houston State (2-1, 0-0) at No. 14 Central Arkansas (4-1, 0-0), 7 p.m.

Two of the nations top quarterbacks will square off in a key battle to open Southland Conference play. Sam Houston States Rhett Bomar (878 yards, 10 TD's and three interceptions) and Central Arkansas' Nathan Brown (1,458 yards passing, 14 TD's and no interceptions) are both viewed as NFL prospects.

Brown has been the driving force behind an offense that averages 463 yards per game and nearly 38 points per game, but has been helped by junior running back Brent Grimes (253 yards, five TDs), and sure-handed receivers Willie Landers (388 receiving yards and three TD's) and Marquez Branson (366 yards and four TDs).

Junior defensive end Larry Hart (12 tackles for loss, seven sacks) has led a Central Arkansas defense that has improved (373 yards per game), and has helped the Bears forge one of the top pass rushes in the Southland (13 sacks) this season.

Sam Houston enters this showdown boasting an offense that charts fourth nationally in scoring output (41 points per game), while ranking sixth in passing offense (301 yards per game). Joining in with Bomar are five solid wideouts, led by Justin Wells (232 yards, two TDs and Catron Houston (178 yards, two TDs).

The Bearkat defense is especially strong against the run (107 yards per game, 25th in FCS) and is bolstered by one of the league's best defensive ends in Chris Brown ( 23 tackles, five tackles for loss and 3.5 sacks).

This should be one of the weekends most entertaining games and probably will go down to the wire, but UCA has a few more weapons to pull it out in the end.

Central Arkansas 28, Sam Houston State 24

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4184353

TexasTerror
October 10th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Article from SI on Rhett Bomar...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/austin_murphy/10/09/bomar.oklahoma/index.html?eref=sircrc

SLC Preview...

http://www.dailysentinel.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2008/10/10/preview_southland.html

TexasTerror
October 10th, 2008, 09:37 PM
With high-profile QBs, watch the supporting casts
David McCollum/Log Cabin Democrat

For one of the biggest marquee matchups in recent history here Saturday night, it will be hard to take the spotlight off the quarterbacks.

But the key may be which team has players who can best share some of the luster with the quarterbacks. More on that later.

Nathan Brown of the University of Central Arkansas and Rhett Bomar of Sam Houston State are two of the best senior quarterbacks in all of college football. They are two of the hottest quarterbacks in college football.

http://www.thecabin.net/stories/101008/spo_1010080025.shtml

BEAR
October 11th, 2008, 07:35 AM
I've been thinking about this game a little more and I've come to this conclusion. If UCA wins, then I will be excited. If we lose, I will be disappointed but I would also realize that it is SHSU with Rhett Bomar that we lost to so it's not like it was Quincy or Henderson State. It looks like the game could go either way in all honesty. Mistakes, defense and special teams have to be the key to this game. I don't see Bomar or Brown being stopped. Anyway, it's time to go cookout and enjoy a Bear home game! TT, you gonna be there? or are you working..thought you said that earlier. xeyebrowx

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Coming full circle

Bearkat seniors see similarities between current squad and 2004 championship team
By Cody Stark
Assistant Sports Editor

A lot has changed since Sam Houston State last won a Southland Conference championship four years ago.

Long-time head coach Ron Randleman no longer roams the sidelines and plenty of players have come and gone over that span. In fact, there are just four guys who suit up in the orange and white that have ties to the magical season back in 2004 when the Bearkats enjoyed the most successful season in school history.

Seniors Patrick Robinson, Eric Mikolajchak, Nolan Bucek and Stanley Garrett were all freshmen when Sam Houston State went 11-3, split the conference title with Northwestern State and advanced to the Division I-AA national semifinals in ’04.

http://www.itemonline.com/sports/local_story_285021706.html?keyword=secondarystory

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 07:56 AM
TT, you gonna be there? or are you working..thought you said that earlier. xeyebrowx

Working -- but will be able to watch on TV. Will be in Hot Springs, Ark though Monday and Tuesday. xnodx

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Fast start crucial in Southland (Arkansas Democrat Gazette)

CONWAY — There’s no need to stress the importance of the start of conference play to either Central Arkansas Bears Coach Clint Conque or Sam Houston State Bearkats Coach Todd Whitten.

http://www.nwanews.com/adg/Sports/239905/

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 02:17 PM
The possible difference maker today...anyone notice anything familiar with the hometown of Jonathan Beard? Yep, your right -- the hometown of Astros ace Roy Oswalt.

Beard, special teams getting kicks for Bears

By DAVID MCCOLLUM
LOG CABIN STAFF WRITER

Jonathan Beard forms the launching pad for a spiraling coverage unit this season for the University of Central Arkansas.

Beard, a junior from Weir, Miss., is second in the Southland Conference with a 41.9 punting average after 14 punts. His teammates on the punt unit have not allowed a return yard this season.

"We're taking a lot of pride in our special teams and in everybody doing the job we're supposed to," Beard said. "We think the special teams can set up our offense and defense. We've adjusted some of the things we're doing in our special teams. It's a matter of everybody getting down there and not taking any plays off.

http://www.thecabin.net/stories/101108/spo_1011080013.shtml

blackfordpu
October 11th, 2008, 04:13 PM
What is the weather supposed to be like for the game?

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 04:31 PM
What is the weather supposed to be like for the game?

Per the first post... http://www.wunderground.com/sports/CFB/hometeam/Central_Arkansas:Bears.html?st=1223751600

blackfordpu
October 11th, 2008, 05:44 PM
So almost perfect with a little wind.

blackfordpu
October 11th, 2008, 06:04 PM
It's game time baby!

EAT'EM UP KATS!!!!!

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Bearkats win toss, elect to receive. Will defend north goal to start the game.

If you need them...

Officials:
Ref: Roger Gaskamp
Ump: Wil. Willingham
Line: George Shoup
LJ: Keith Johnson
BJ: Terry Jones
FJ: Jason Ledet
SJ: Joel Wetzel

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Brewer returns from the SH08 to the SH25...Bearkats will start the game there.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Shsu 1-10 on Shsu25 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Wells, Justin.
Shsu 2-10 on Shsu25 Aston, James rush for 4 yards to the SHSU29, out-of-bounds (Gambles,Anthony).
Shsu 3-6 on Shsu29 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Wells, Justin for 25 yards to the UCA46, 1ST DOWN SHSU, out-of-bounds.

FIRST DOWN KATS!

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 06:10 PM
First timeout of the game, Kats use it 51 seconds in...in UCA territory, going to need to do something in this drive to make a statement early...

Shsu 1-10 on Uca46 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Madkins, Jason.
Shsu 2-10 on Uca46 Timeout Sam Houston State, clock 14:09.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 06:12 PM
TyMagic Robinson back after sitting out the last game due to discipline issues...FIRST DOWN KATS!

Shsu 2-10 on Uca46 Robinson, TyMag rush for 3 yards to the UCA43 (Andrew,Hutton).
Shsu 3-7 on Uca43 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Houston, Catron for 12 yards to the UCA31, 1ST DOWN SHSU.

blackfordpu
October 11th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Join us in the Katfans.com chat room if you like.

Katfans.com and click chat in top right hand corner.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Back to Houston, same route...

Shsu 1-10 on Uca31 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Houston, Catron for 31 yards to the UCA0, 1ST DOWN SHSU, TOUCHDOWN, clock 13:02.

Sam Houston State at Central Arkansas
Unofficial Scoring Summary

First Quarter
SHSU: Rhett Bomar 31 yard pass to Catron Houston (Taylor Wilkins kick), - SHSU 7-0 UCA, 13:02

blackfordpu
October 11th, 2008, 06:14 PM
TD KATS!

Bomar to Houston

SHSU 7
UCA 0

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 06:19 PM
UCA takes kickoff and returns it 84 yards, all the way, but penalties brings it all the way back...UCA gets it at their own 24 instead...

Kats almost pick it off on first play -- dawg it! Chris Brown there.

Uca 1-10 on Uca24 Brown,Nathan pass incomplete to McNeal,Darrius (Brown, Chris).
Uca 2-10 on Uca24 Brown,Nathan pass complete to Landers,Willie for 10 yards to the UCA34, 1ST DOWN UCA (Sparks, Jeff).

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Chris Brown chases down UCA's Ware and prevents TD...

Uca 1-10 on Uca34 Ware,Eric rush for 61 yards to the SHSU5, 1ST DOWN UCA, out-of-bounds (Brown, Chris).

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 06:21 PM
UCA scores...

Uca 1-G on Shsu05 PENALTY UCA delay of game 5 yards to the SHSU10.
Uca 1-G on Shsu10 Brown,Nathan pass complete to Landers,Willie for 10 yards to the SHSU0, TOUCHDOWN, clock 11:28.
Carmona,Eddie kick attempt good.

First Quarter
SHSU: Rhett Bomar 31 yard pass to Catron Houston (Taylor Wilkins kick), 13:02 - SHSU 7-0 UCA
UCA: Nathan Brown 10 yard pass to Willie Landers (Eddie Carmona), 11:28 - SHSU 7-7 UCA

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Bearkat second drive...Kats start at 26 and on first play, Aston gets a first down. EAT'EM UP KATS!

Shsu 1-10 on Shsu26 SAM HOUSTON STATE drive start at 11:23.
Shsu 1-10 on Shsu26 Aston, James rush for 11 yards to the SHSU37, 1ST DOWN SHSU (Boyd,Derrick;Johnson,Phillip).

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 06:25 PM
SHSU fumbles and UCA recovers, takes it back to inside the SHSU10...

Shsu 1-10 on Shsu37 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Wells, Justin for 7 yards to the SHSU44 (Minor,Henry).
Shsu 2-3 on Shsu44 Pride, Melvis rush to the SHSU44, fumble by Pride, Melvis recovered by UCA Johnson,Phillip at UCA48, Johnson,Phillip for 44 yards to the SHSU8 (Wells, Justin).

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Grimes cuts the distance down to the 5...Brown taken down in the backfield...Kats trying to scrap and not allow six...third down, Brown's pass gets Grimes to the two...

Uca 1-G on Shsu08 CENTRAL ARKANSAS drive start at 10:18, UCA ball on SHSU8.
Uca 1-G on Shsu08 Grimes,Brent rush for 3 yards to the SHSU5 (Skinner, Billy).
Uca 2-G on Shsu05 Brown,Nathan rush for loss of 1 yard to the SHSU6.
Uca 3-G on Shsu06 Brown,Nathan pass complete to Grimes,Brent for 4 yards to the SHSU2, out-of-bounds (McCall, Luke;Brewer, Wonsele).

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 06:27 PM

First Quarter
SHSU: Rhett Bomar 31 yard pass to Catron Houston (Taylor Wilkins kick), 13:02 - SHSU 7-0 UCA
UCA: Nathan Brown 10 yard pass to Willie Landers (Eddie Carmona kick), 11:28 - SHSU 7-7 UCA
UCA: Eddie Carmona 19 yard field goal, 9:08 - UCA 10-7 SHSU

blackfordpu
October 11th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Well, our "speedy" back got his chance and fumbled. Give it to Aston and let me plow the way.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Kats fumble again -- this time on the kickoff, whistle blows ball dead, ball rolling around and UCA gets it...the kicker made the recovery!

Carmona,Eddie kickoff 67 yards to the SHSU3, Brewer, Wonsele return 16 yards to the SHSU19, fumble forced by Orr,Brett, fumble by Brewer, Wonsele recovered by UCA Carmona,Eddie at SHSU27.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 06:34 PM
UCA gets just about 6 yards of the goal line and the UCA TE gets called for the dead ball personal foul...loss of yardage on next play (Brewer redeems himself slightly)...and Kats force a third down situation and long...Brown throws and brought down pretty quickly...another FG forthcoming...

Uca 1-10 on Shsu27 Brown,Nathan pass complete to Landers,Willie for 21 yards to the SHSU6, out-of-bounds, PENALTY UCA personal foul 15 yards to the SHSU21.
Uca 1-4 on Shsu21 1st and 10.
Uca 1-10 on Shsu21 Brown,Nathan pass complete to Lovett,James for loss of 3 yards to the SHSU24 (Brewer, Wonsele).
Uca 2-13 on Shsu24 Ceaser,Leonard rush for 2 yards to the SHSU22 (Brown, Chris).
Uca 3-11 on Shsu22 Brown,Nathan pass complete to Ware,Eric for 2 yards to the SHSU20 (Raymer, Derrick).

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 06:34 PM

First Quarter
UCA: Nathan Brown 10 yard pass to Willie Landers (Eddie Carmona kick), 11:28 - SHSU 7-7 UCA
UCA: Eddie Carmona 37 yard field goal, 6:48 - UCA 13-7 SHSU

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Brewer brings it out from the SH03 and gets to the 17...didn't too much on that return, but at least we did not fumble. Houston with third reception of game and then ASTON takes OFF! Woooooooooo!

Carmona,Eddie kickoff 68 yards to the SHSU2, Brewer, Wonsele return 14 yards to the SHSU16 (Adams,TJ).
Shsu 1-10 on Shsu16 SAM HOUSTON STATE drive start at 06:42.
Shsu 1-10 on Shsu16 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Houston, Catron for 4 yards to the SHSU20.
Shsu 2-6 on Shsu20 Aston, James rush for 73 yards to the UCA7, 1ST DOWN SHSU (Minor,Henry).

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 06:40 PM
LONGEST RUN
(All Touchdowns Unless Marked *)
90, Charles Harris, Rice, 1993
90, Arthur Louis, SFA, 1978
90, Dennis Gann, Texas A&I, 1966
88, Benny Boles, Texas Lutheran, 1955
87, Sam McDonald, Texas A&I, 1961
85, Bobby Baldwin, Lamar, 1953
81, Tony January, Texas Lutheran, 1981
80, Aubrey Mayfi eld, Rice, 1927
80, Oz Hughes, McNeese, 1951
80, George Jackson, McNeese, 1958
80, Don Marshall, SW Texas, 1972
80, Allen Burr, Lamar, 1972
80, Tony January, Angelo St., 1979
79, Bennie Wylie, Texas Southern, 1997
77*, Binky Ford, Howard Payne, 1980
76, James Oliphant, Abilene Christian, 1973
75, Bobby Baldwin, Texas A&I, 1953
75, Roger Wiley, East Texas, 1982
75, Roger Wiley, SW Texas, 1982
75, Ray Young, UT-Arlington, 1985
75, Bennie Wylie, A&M-Kingsville, 1996
75, McNeil Moore, NE Oklahoma, 1952
74*, Gayle McGinty, East Texas, 1957
74, D. D. Terry, Northwestern St., 2006
73, Tony January, East Texas, 1979
73, James Aston, Central Arkansas, 2008

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Aston run sets Kats up...PAT, snap is bad and Wilkins kick fails.

Shsu 1-G on Uca07 Aston, James rush for 3 yards to the UCA4 (Boyd,Derrick).
Shsu 2-G on Uca04 Bomar, Rhett rush for 4 yards to the UCA0, TOUCHDOWN, clock 04:51.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 06:41 PM

First Quarter
SHSU: Rhett Bomar 4 yard run (Kick failed), 4:59 - UCA 13-13 SHSU

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Kats continue to struggle in kickoff return defense...at least the defense held up during those two short field drives by UCA after the fumbles...

Wilkins, Taylor kickoff 58 yards to the UCA12, Jackson,Isaiah return 45 yards to the SHSU43 (Pippins, Jarvis;37).
Uca 1-10 on Shsu43 CENTRAL ARKANSAS drive start at 04:41.
Uca 1-10 on Shsu43 Brown,Nathan pass incomplete to Ware,Eric.
Uca 2-10 on Shsu43 Grimes,Brent rush for 8 yards to the SHSU35 (Stewart, Randy).
Uca 3-2 on Shsu35 Hebert,Spencer rush for 2 yards to the SHSU33, 1ST DOWN UCA (Skinner, Billy;Bucek, Nolen).

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Tackle behind line of scrimmage on first play...McCall...Brown gets pressured and he dumps it off for a huge pickup by Grimes...

Uca 1-10 on Shsu33 Brown,Nathan pass complete to Ware,Eric for loss of 3 yards to the SHSU36 (McCall, Luke).
Uca 2-13 on Shsu36 Brown,Nathan pass complete to Grimes,Brent for 19 yards to the SHSU17, 1ST DOWN UCA (Brewer, Wonsele).

slycat
October 11th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I'm getting my first chance to watch Southland TV and I'm a fan. I think the presentation is better than FSN. It could use some work but what a great accomplishment for the conference.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Penalty gives UCA 2-12...Brown under pressure and he finds a WR again...3-8, another chance for Kats to hold Bears to just a FG...Brown fumbles, picks up, throws it and Grimes gets first down...flag...may be holding...offsides on SHSU...and now a timeout by UCA...

Uca 1-10 on Shsu17 Grimes,Brent rush for 3 yards to the SHSU14 (Skinner, Billy).
Uca 2-7 on Shsu14 PENALTY UCA false start 5 yards to the SHSU19.
Uca 2-12 on Shsu19 Brown,Nathan pass complete to Branson,Marquez for 4 yards to the SHSU15 (Garrett, Stanle;Skinner, Billy).
Uca 3-8 on Shsu15 Brown,Nathan pass complete to Grimes,Brent for 12 yards to the SHSU3, 1ST DOWN UCA (Brewer, Wonsele).

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 06:51 PM
I'm getting my first chance to watch Southland TV and I'm a fan. I think the presentation is better than FSN. It could use some work but what a great accomplishment for the conference.

Best thing is we get consistent broadcasters, so they are only going to get more and more familiar with the conference, coaches and players as they go along...

We just need to straighten out the situation as it relates to being able to view the game...lots of misinformation out there.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Leonard Ceasar goes three yards...TOUCHDOWN.

First Quarter
UCA: Leonard Ceasar 3 yard run (Eddie Carmona kick), 00:31 - UCA 20-13 SHSU

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Special teams miscues left and right...Conque was right that this would make the difference...end of first quarter.

Carmona,Eddie kickoff 66 yards to the SHSU4, Houston, Catron return 13 yards to the SHSU17 (Orr,Brett;Hyatt,Zach), PENALTY SHSU illegal block 8 yards to the SHSU9, 1st and 10, SHSU ball on SHSU9.
Shsu 1-10 on Shsu09 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Wells, Justin for 7 yards to the SHSU16 (Gambles,Anthony;Lancaster,James).

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Beginning of second, time to get things going for Kats...Bomar sacked on first down, second play of quarter...and then Bomar makes it happen on a long third down, off to the races, helmet comes off and he bounces right up!

Shsu 2-3 on Shsu16 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Wells, Justin for 12 yards to the SHSU28, 1ST DOWN SHSU (Minor,Henry).

Shsu 1-10 on Shsu28 Bomar, Rhett sacked for loss of 5 yards to the SHSU23 (Scott,Taylor;Sanders,Quad).
Shsu 2-15 on Shsu23 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Madkins, Jason for 6 yards to the SHSU29 (Opeloye,Tok;Gambles,Anthony).
Shsu 3-9 on Shsu29 Bomar, Rhett rush for 21 yards to the 50 yardline, 1ST DOWN SHSU (McMurrian,Corey).

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Bomar to Wells connection gets it going! Kats down to inside the five! Five catches for 96 yards!

Shsu 1-10 on Shsu50 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Wells, Justin for 45 yards to the UCA5, 1ST DOWN SHSU (Johnson,Phillip).

And from the 5...James Aston takes it in!

Shsu 1-G on Uca04 Aston, James rush for 4 yards to the UCA0, TOUCHDOWN, clock 12:16.
Wilkins, Taylor kick attempt good.

First Quarter

Second Quarter
SHSU: James Aston 4 yard run (Taylor Wilkins kick), 12:16 - UCA 20-20 SHSU

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Kats just concede the ball to the UCA40...too many problems on special teams. UCA did not like something they saw and timeout called.

Wilkins, Taylor kickoff 43 yards to the UCA27, out-of-bounds, UCA ball on UCA40.
Uca 1-10 on Uca40 CENTRAL ARKANSAS drive start at 12:16.
Uca 1-10 on Uca40 Timeout Central Arkansas, clock 12:16.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Kats force a big third down play, 3rd and 4...and UCA calls a timeout, final one of the half.

Uca 1-10 on Uca40 Grimes,Brent rush for 6 yards to the UCA46 (Cobb, Antonio;Sparks, Jeff).
Uca 2-4 on Uca46 Brown,Nathan pass incomplete to Lovett,James.
Uca 3-4 on Uca46 Timeout Central Arkansas, clock 11:38.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 07:11 PM
UCA gets that first down on third down after the timeout...

Uca 3-4 on Uca46 Brown,Nathan pass complete to Branson,Marquez for 10 yards to the SHSU44, 1ST DOWN UCA (Brown, Chris).

Ware hurts the Kats AGAIN...can he graduate already?

Uca 1-10 on Shsu44 Grimes,Brent rush for no gain to the SHSU44 (Bucek, Nolen;Mikolajchak, Er).
Uca 2-10 on Shsu44 Brown,Nathan pass complete to Ware,Eric for 34 yards to the SHSU10, 1ST DOWN UCA (Skinner, Billy).

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Grimes makes his way into the end zone...10 yards out...

First Quarter

Second Quarter
UCA: Brent Grimes 10 yard run (Eddie Carmona kick), 9:53 - UCA 27-20 SHSU

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Kats will see what they can do now having to come back once more...Aston over 100 yards now...6 carries for 102 yards...Bomar takes off for 44 yards...Kats running game is all over the Bears!

Carmona,Eddie kickoff 59 yards to the SHSU11, Brewer, Wonsele return 19 yards to the SHSU30 (Moore,Lamar).
Shsu 1-10 on Shsu30 SAM HOUSTON STATE drive start at 09:45.
Shsu 1-10 on Shsu30 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Lucas, Chris for 7 yards to the SHSU37, out-of-bounds (Johnson,Dathan).
Shsu 2-3 on Shsu37 Aston, James rush for 8 yards to the SHSU45, 1ST DOWN SHSU (Boyd,Derrick;Johnson,Phillip).
Shsu 1-10 on Shsu44 Aston, James rush for 1 yard to the SHSU45 (Johnson,Phillip).
Shsu 2-9 on Shsu45 Bomar, Rhett rush for 44 yards to the UCA11, 1ST DOWN SHSU (Johnson,Phillip).

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Kats over 300 yards already offensively...and now Hart is all over Kats, pressured on first down, sack on second down.

Shsu 1-10 on Uca11 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete (Hart,Larry).
Shsu 2-10 on Uca11 Bomar, Rhett sacked for loss of 8 yards to the UCA19 (Hart,Larry).

That's eight sacks for Hart this year.

Shsu 3-18 on Uca19 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Lucas, Chris for 13 yards to the UCA6 (Johnson,Phillip).

Kats are going to go for it, down by SEVEN...big fourth down, big fourth down...five man rush showing, timeout, Kats.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 07:20 PM
And still going for it on fourth down...BOMAR TOUCHDOWN TO LUCAS!

Shsu 4-5 on Uca06 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Lucas, Chris for 6 yards to the UCA0, 1ST DOWN SHSU, TOUCHDOWN, clock 06:15.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 07:21 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter
SHSU: Rhett Bomar 6 yard pass to Chris Lucas (Taylor Wilkins kick), 6:15 - UCA 27-27 SHSU

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Special teams again, lovely! ;)

Wilkins, Taylor kickoff 47 yards to the UCA23, Adams,TJ return 12 yards to the UCA35 (Weatherford, Sh).
Uca 1-10 on Uca35 CENTRAL ARKANSAS drive start at 06:11.

Kats force the third down again...

Uca 1-10 on Uca35 Ceaser,Leonard rush for 3 yards to the UCA38 (Gloston, Ryan).
Uca 2-7 on Uca38 Brown,Nathan pass incomplete to Lovett,James (Brewer, Wonsele).

And what happens? Brown pass incomplete, knocked down by Billy Skinner. WE GOT A PUNT FORTHCOMING!

Uca 3-7 on Uca38 Brown,Nathan pass incomplete to Ware,Eric, dropped pass.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Kats will get ball back at their own 23...

Uca 4-7 on Uca38 Beard,Jonathan punt 39 yards to the SHSU23, downed.
Shsu 1-10 on Shsu23 SAM HOUSTON STATE drive start at 05:19.

Bomar pass not going to happen, so he runs a yard...throws his fourth incomplete in 16 attempts on next play...third down for Kats...and he goes down, Bomar goes down...back to back stalled drives...flag down...FIRST DOWN, KATS!

Shsu 1-10 on Shsu23 Bomar, Rhett rush for 1 yard to the SHSU24 (Lancaster,James).
Shsu 2-9 on Shsu24 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Madkins, Jason.
Shsu 3-9 on Shsu24 Bomar, Rhett sacked for loss of 8 yards to the SHSU16 (Sanders,Quad), PENALTY UCA face mask 15 yards to the SHSU39, 1ST DOWN SHSU, NO PLAY.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Incomplete. Slip on second down...long third down, got to come up big...and pass incomplete...back to back punts...how about that?

Shsu 1-10 on Shsu39 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Houston, Catron (Gambles,Anthony).
Shsu 2-10 on Shsu39 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Aston, James for loss of 2 yards to the SHSU37.
Shsu 3-12 on Shsu37 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Aston, James (Holloway,Tim).

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Nothing doing for UCA, fourth down for Bears...they are going for it, don't want Kats to have it...SHSU jumps offsides, well there goes that, finger-pointing all around...against SHSU...

Uca 1-10 on Uca25 CENTRAL ARKANSAS drive start at 03:08.
Uca 1-10 on Uca25 Brown,Nathan pass complete to Grimes,Brent for 11 yards to the UCA36, 1ST DOWN UCA, out-of-bounds (Brewer, Wonsele).
Uca 1-10 on Uca36 Brown,Nathan pass complete to Lovett,James for 9 yards to the UCA45 (Sparks, Jeff;Skinner, Billy).
Uca 2-1 on Uca45 Brown,Nathan pass incomplete to Winston,Marc (Sparks, Jeff).
Uca 3-1 on Uca45 Hebert,Spencer rush for no gain to the UCA45 (Simon, Frank;Bucek, Nolen).
Uca 4-1 on Uca45 PENALTY SHSU offside 6 yards to the SHSU49, 1ST DOWN UCA.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Brown completes a pass after the big penalty on Kats and Marquez Branson finds the end zone...

Uca 1-10 on Shsu49 Brown,Nathan pass complete to Branson,Marquez for 49 yards to the SHSU0, 1ST DOWN UCA, TOUCHDOWN, clock 01:30.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 07:40 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter
SHSU: Rhett Bomar 6 yard pass to Chris Lucas (Taylor Wilkins kick), 6:15 - UCA 27-27 SHSU
UCA: Nathan Brown 49 yard pass to Marquez Brandon (Eddie Carmona kick), 1:30 - UCA 34-27 SHSU

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Kats last drive of half...got to make it happen quick!

Carmona,Eddie kickoff 66 yards to the SHSU4, Brewer, Wonsele return 17 yards to the SHSU21 (Gambles,Anthony;Johnson,Phillip).
Shsu 1-10 on Shsu21 SAM HOUSTON STATE drive start at 01:24.

Bomar finds Lucas, first down! 4 catches, 43...check that, another pass to Lucas. Flag down...interference on Bears...

Shsu 1-10 on Shsu21 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Lucas, Chris for 17 yards to the SHSU38, 1ST DOWN SHSU (Feazell,Pieri).
Shsu 1-10 on Shsu38 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Lucas, Chris for 9 yards to the SHSU47 (Feazell,Pieri), PENALTY UCA pass interference 4 yards to the SHSU43, 1ST DOWN SHSU.
Shsu 1-10 on Shsu43 1st and 10.

Bomar had Madkins and missed that chance...and later hits Trey Payne, 41 seconds left after the Payne catch.

Shsu 1-10 on Shsu43 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Madkins, Jason (Sims,Jesse).
Shsu 2-10 on Shsu43 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Payne, Trey for 13 yards to the UCA44, 1ST DOWN SHSU (Neal,Mike;Boyd,Derrick).

Bomar was looking for Houston, his shoe came off, ball went OOB anyways. Third down...Bomar intercepted. Put the kabosh on that one. Low pass. Third turnover, 20 seconds left.

Shsu 3-10 on Uca44 Bomar, Rhett pass intercepted by Gambles,Anthony at the UCA32, Gambles,Anthony return 0 yards to the UCA32.
Drive: 7 plays, 43 yards, TOP 1:04
Uca 1-10 on Uca32 CENTRAL ARKANSAS drive start at 00:20.

Shsu 1-10 on Uca44 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Houston, Catron.
Shsu 2-10 on Uca44 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Wells, Justin.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Kneel. Halftime.

First Quarter

Second Quarter
UCA: Nathan Brown 49 yard pass to Marquez Brandon (Eddie Carmona kick), 1:30 - UCA 34-27 SHSU

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 07:50 PM
SHSU UCA
1st downs 15 10
Rush yards 171 101
Pass yards 213 188
Total offense 384 289
Penalties 2-15 6-59
Turnovers 3 0

PASSING C-A-I Yards TD Long
Bomar, Rhett 16-26-1 213 2 46
Totals... 16-26-1 213 2 46

RUSHING Att Yards TD Long Avg.
Aston, James 7 103 1 73 14.7
Bomar, Rhett 6 57 1 44 9.5
Pride, Melvis 1 8 0 0 8.0
Robinson, TyMag 1 3 0 3 3.0
Totals... 15 171 2 73 11.4

RECEPTIONS No. Yards TD Long Avg.
Wells, Justin 5 97 0 46 19.4
Lucas, Chris 5 52 1 17 10.4
Houston, Catron 3 47 1 31 15.7
Payne, Trey 1 13 0 13 13.0
Madkins, Jason 1 6 0 6 6.0
Aston, James 1 -2 0 0 -2.0
Totals... 16 213 2 46 13.3

PASSING C-A-I Yards TD Long
Brown,Nathan 15-21-0 188 2 49
Totals... 15-21-0 188 2 49

RUSHING Att Yards TD Long Avg.
Ware,Eric 1 61 0 61 61.0
Grimes,Brent 6 30 1 10 5.0
Ceaser,Leonard 3 9 1 4 3.0
Hebert,Spencer 2 2 0 2 1.0
TEAM 1 0 0 0 0.0
Brown,Nathan 1 -1 0 0 -1.0
Totals... 14 101 2 61 7.2

RECEPTIONS No. Yards TD Long Avg.
Grimes,Brent 4 45 0 19 11.2
Branson,Marquez 3 63 1 49 21.0
Landers,Willie 3 41 1 21 13.7
Ware,Eric 3 33 0 34 11.0
Lovett,James 2 6 0 9 3.0
Totals... 15 188 2 49 12.5

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Nathan Brown picked off on first drive of second half...first INT this year for Brown. Kats in prime position.

Uca 1-10 on Uca40 CENTRAL ARKANSAS drive start at 14:52.
Uca 1-10 on Uca40 Brown,Nathan pass incomplete to Lovett,James.
Uca 2-10 on Uca40 Grimes,Brent rush for 4 yards to the UCA44 (Gloston, Ryan).
Uca 3-6 on Uca44 Brown,Nathan pass intercepted by Gloston, Ryan at the UCA40, Gloston, Ryan return 0 yards to the UCA40 (Dickerson,Matt).

Aston run moves things up...penalty on UCA, automatic first down...16th first down for Kats...

Shsu 1-10 on Uca40 SAM HOUSTON STATE drive start at 13:58.
Shsu 1-10 on Uca40 Aston, James rush for 8 yards to the UCA32 (Gambles,Anthony).
Shsu 2-2 on Uca32 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Houston, Catron (Gambles,Anthony), PENALTY UCA roughing passer 15 yards to the UCA17, 1ST DOWN SHSU, NO PLAY.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Kats moving it in the "red area" as coach Whitten calls it...Kats having problems and have 3rd-and-Goal from 9...Bomar TOUCHDOWN!

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 08:17 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter
SHSU: Rhett Bomar 9 yard pass to Catron Houston (Taylor Wilkins kick), 10:51 - UCA 34-34 SHSU

catbob
October 11th, 2008, 08:20 PM
I want to watch the Missou/OK State game but I can't seem to stop watching this game!

I think I'll pull up the "other" game on the net.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 08:25 PM
UCA gets good field position again...

Wilkins, Taylor kickoff 42 yards to the UCA28, Jackson,Isaiah return 9 yards to the UCA37 (Pippins, Jarvis;Stewart, Randy).
Uca 1-10 on Uca37 CENTRAL ARKANSAS drive start at 10:47.

UCA is making a move once more...and into SHSU territory.

Uca 1-10 on Uca37 Grimes,Brent rush for 3 yards to the UCA40 (Skinner, Billy).
Uca 2-7 on Uca40 Brown,Nathan pass complete to Lovett,James for 12 yards to the SHSU48, 1ST DOWN UCA (Garrett, Stanle).

SHSU defense trying to turn the tide again here in the second half...3rd and 19...false start, 3rd and 24...this is a big chance for Kats and we see a QUICK KICK! Penalty afterwards too on UCA...

Uca 1-10 on Shsu48 Brown,Nathan pass complete to Echols,Preston for no gain to the SHSU48 (Gloston, Ryan).
Uca 2-10 on Shsu48 Brown,Nathan sacked for loss of 9 yards to the UCA43 (Smith, Kevin).
Uca 3-19 on Uca43 PENALTY UCA false start 5 yards to the UCA38.
Uca 3-24 on Uca38 Brown,Nathan punt 47 yards to the SHSU15, downed, PENALTY UCA personal foul 15 yards to the SHSU30, 1ST DOWN SHSU, 1st and 10, SHSU ball on SHSU30.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 08:25 PM
I want to watch the Missou/OK State game but I can't seem to stop watching this game!

I think I'll pull up the "other" game on the net.

Where you watching this game?

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Kats trying to take their first lead since 7-0...first down after two plays, then we had a false start on the OL with a late shift...

Shsu 1-10 on Shsu30 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Madkins, Jason for 7 yards to the SHSU37 (Feazell,Pieri;Opeloye,Tok).
Shsu 2-3 on Shsu37 Aston, James rush for 9 yards to the SHSU46, 1ST DOWN SHSU (Lancaster,James).
Shsu 1-10 on Shsu46 PENALTY SHSU false start 5 yards to the SHSU41.
Shsu 1-15 on Shsu41 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Aston, James for 5 yards to the SHSU46 (Minor,Henry;Feazell,Pieri).

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Kats still moving the ball...nowhere on 3rd down. 4th and a foot. Do Kats go for it? Bomar delivers - FIRST DOWN!

Shsu 2-10 on Shsu46 Aston, James rush for 6 yards to the UCA48 (Andrew,Hutton;Johnson,Phillip), PENALTY UCA offside 5 yards to the UCA49, NO PLAY.
Shsu 2-5 on Uca49 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Wells, Justin for 4 yards to the UCA45 (Minor,Henry).
Shsu 3-1 on Uca45 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Houston, Catron.
Shsu 4-1 on Uca45 Bomar, Rhett rush for 2 yards to the UCA43, 1ST DOWN SHSU (Holloway,Tim).

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Kats were about to face 3-10 and UCA hit with a roughing the passer penalty...

Shsu 1-10 on Uca43 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Wells, Justin.
Shsu 2-10 on Uca43 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Aston, James, PENALTY UCA roughing passer 14 yards to the UCA29, 1ST DOWN SHSU, NO PLAY.

Bomar runs and gains yards on what would have been a blown play.

Shsu 1-10 on Uca29 Bomar, Rhett rush for 3 yards to the UCA26, out-of-bounds.
Shsu 2-7 on Uca26 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Houston, Catron.

Timeout, SHSU as we gear up for a possible game-changing third down...

Shsu 3-7 on Uca26 Timeout Sam Houston State, clock 03:54.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Incomplete on the 3rd down play...

Shsu 3-7 on Uca26 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Madkins, Jason.

Fourth down...they are going for it. Enter 2/2 on fourth downs...interception and flags down. PASS INTERFERENCE! FIRST DOWN, KATS! FIRST DOWN, KATS!

Shsu 4-7 on Uca26 Bomar, Rhett pass intercepted by Minor,Henry at the UCA6, Minor,Henry return to the UCA46 (Crockett, Chris), PENALTY UCA pass interference 15 yards to the UCA11, 1ST DOWN SHSU, NO PLAY.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 08:44 PM
After the help from the officials...Kats having struggles to make things happen on this golden chance...

Shsu 1-10 on Uca11 Aston, James rush for loss of 1 yard to the UCA12 (Lancaster,James).
Shsu 2-11 on Uca12 PENALTY SHSU false start 6 yards to the UCA18.
Shsu 2-17 on Uca18 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Wells, Justin (Gambles,Anthony).

And on 3rd and super long...Bomar goes nowhere when trying to make things happen...

Shsu 3-17 on Uca18 Bomar, Rhett rush for loss of 2 yards to the UCA20 (Carter,Markell;Hart,Larry).

Field goal attempt...37 yards...GOOD!

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 08:44 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter
SHSU: Rhett Bomar 9 yard pass to Catron Houston (Taylor Wilkins kick), 10:51 - UCA 34-34 SHSU
SHSU: Taylor Wilkins 37 yard field goal, 1:43 - SHSU 37-34 UCA

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 08:49 PM
UCA gets the ball at their own 25, best job by Kats yet on special teams, I believe...

Wilkins, Taylor kickoff 45 yards to the UCA25, Jackson,Isaiah return 10 yards to the UCA35 (Bucek, Nolen).
Uca 1-10 on Uca35 CENTRAL ARKANSAS drive start at 01:43.
Uca 1-10 on Uca35 Ceaser,Leonard rush for 2 yards to the UCA37 (Mikolajchak, Er).
Uca 2-8 on Uca37 Brown,Nathan pass complete to Landers,Willie for 7 yards to the UCA44 (Sparks, Jeff).

Kats make it 3rd and 1...Ceaser makes it happen, gets a UCA first down and into SHSU territory...

Uca 3-1 on Uca44 Ceaser,Leonard rush for 12 yards to the SHSU44, 1ST DOWN UCA, out-of-bounds.

Last play of quarter...

ToTheLeft
October 11th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the Updates, TT. Looks like a pretty epic game so far.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Here we go in the fourth quarter...

Uca 2-8 on Shsu42 Lovett,James rush for 5 yards to the SHSU37 (Simon, Frank).
Uca 3-3 on Shsu37 Brown,Nathan pass incomplete to Branson,Marquez, PENALTY SHSU holding 9 yards to the SHSU28, 1ST DOWN UCA, NO PLAY.

Another first down for UCA...lots of questionable officiating spotting going on...UCA making their move for the lead...

Uca 1-10 on Shsu27 Landers,Willie rush for 7 yards to the SHSU20, out-of-bounds.
Uca 2-3 on Shsu20 Brown,Nathan rush for 4 yards to the SHSU16, 1ST DOWN UCA (Bucek, Nolen).
Uca 1-10 on Shsu16 Grimes,Brent rush for 4 yards to the SHSU12 (Bucek, Nolen;Gloston, Ryan).

Brent Grimes runs it in from 12 out...

Uca 2-6 on Shsu12 Grimes,Brent rush for 12 yards to the SHSU0, 1ST DOWN UCA, TOUCHDOWN, clock 12:34.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 08:58 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter

Fourth Quarter
UCA: Brent Grimes 12 yard run (Eddie Carmona kick), 12:34 - UCA 41-37 SHSU

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Kats ball...great job special teams, didn't mess up!

Carmona,Eddie kickoff 61 yards to the SHSU9, Brewer, Wonsele return 19 yards to the SHSU28 (Adams,TJ).

Bomar sacked...holding on Kats...

Shsu 1-10 on Shsu28 Bomar, Rhett sacked for loss of 7 yards to the SHSU21 (Holloway,Tim), PENALTY SHSU holding declined.

And the Kats come up huge on second down, bouncing back from the sack...

Shsu 2-17 on Shsu21 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Houston, Catron for 40 yards to the UCA39, 1ST DOWN SHSU (Gambles,Anthony).

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Bomar has to do something on 3rd down and does...Kats nearly in the 'red area'...

Shsu 1-10 on Uca39 Aston, James rush for 5 yards to the UCA34 (Sanders,Quad).
Shsu 2-5 on Uca34 Aston, James rush for loss of 3 yards to the UCA37 (Hart,Larry).
Shsu 3-8 on Uca37 Bomar, Rhett rush for 8 yards to the UCA29, 1ST DOWN SHSU (Johnson,Dathan).

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Bomar again...incomplete pass followed by a timeout.

Shsu 1-10 on Uca29 Bomar, Rhett rush for 8 yards to the UCA21 (Johnson,Phillip).
Shsu 2-2 on Uca21 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Houston, Catron.
Shsu 3-2 on Uca21 Timeout Sam Houston State, clock 09:18.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 09:11 PM
And on 3rd-and-2...do Kats come through? Aston takes care of it and brings it within eight yards of the goal line!

Shsu 3-2 on Uca21 Aston, James rush for 13 yards to the UCA8, 1ST DOWN SHSU (Boyd,Derrick).

Keeper for Bomar...slipped up and grabbing knee, adjusting brace. Down to 6.

Shsu 1-G on Uca08 Bomar, Rhett rush for 1 yard to the UCA7 (Opeloye,Tok).

Bomar and Madkins just can't get it on same page, incomplete again.

Shsu 2-G on Uca07 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Madkins, Jason.

Bomar sacked to the UCA13...

Shsu 3-G on Uca07 Bomar, Rhett sacked for loss of 6 yards to the UCA13 (Hart,Larry;Coleman,Kit).

FG good...

Shsu 4-G on Uca13 Wilkins, Taylor field goal attempt from 30 GOOD, clock 07:33.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 09:11 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter

Fourth Quarter
SHSU: Taylor Wilkins 30 yard field goal, 7:33 - UCA 41-40 SHSU

MR. CHICKEN
October 11th, 2008, 09:13 PM
41-40 BEARS.....JES' GOT HOME FROM DUH DELAWARE...FREE FALL!

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 09:17 PM
High and short kick. UCA gets it about the 40...may as well just kick it out of bounds...

Wilkins, Taylor kickoff 45 yards to the UCA25, Adams,TJ return 15 yards to the UCA40 (Jenkins, Camero;Bruce, Brandon).
Uca 1-10 on Uca40 CENTRAL ARKANSAS drive start at 07:24.

Time for Kats defense to step up...not much there.

Uca 1-10 on Uca40 Brown,Nathan pass complete to Ware,Eric for 2 yards to the UCA42 (McCall, Luke).

Ware...thank goodness slipped. He's a Bearkat beater!

Uca 2-8 on Uca42 Ware,Eric rush for loss of 2 yards to the UCA40.

Big 3rd-and-10...this is huge. Lots of huge in this game, eh?

And touchdown...Willy Landers for 60 yards...

Uca 3-10 on Uca40 Brown,Nathan pass complete to Landers,Willie for 60 yards to the SHSU0, 1ST DOWN UCA, TOUCHDOWN, clock 05:51.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 09:17 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter

Fourth Quarter
UCA: Nathan Brown 60 yard pass to Willie Landers (Eddie Carmona kick), 5:51 - UCA 48-40 SHSU

MR. CHICKEN
October 11th, 2008, 09:18 PM
DUH BEARS..................48-40.........ANYONE HAVE UH CALCULATOR??...RUNNIN' OUTTAH FINGERS & TOES................BRAWK!!

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Scoring - SHSU School Record Book
Both Teams, One Game
100, Montana St. 52, SHSU 48 (Away, 1987)
99, SHSU 52, McNeese 47 (Home, 2004)
93, SHSU 52, SFA 41 (Away, 2000)
88, UCA 48, SHSU 40 (Away, 2008)
86, SHSU 69, Nicholls St. 17 (Home, 1999)
83, SHSU 83, Brooke Med. 0 (Home, 1949)

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 09:20 PM
What could be the last SHSU drive...

Carmona,Eddie kickoff 61 yards to the SHSU9, Brewer, Wonsele return 11 yards to the SHSU20 (Moore,Lamar).
Shsu 1-10 on Shsu20 SAM HOUSTON STATE drive start at 05:44.
Shsu 1-10 on Shsu20 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Aston, James for 7 yards to the SHSU27, out-of-bounds (Minor,Henry).

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Aston stopped on second down...

Shsu 2-3 on Shsu27 Aston, James rush for 1 yard to the SHSU28 (Scott,Taylor).

Kats have another third down where they need someone to step up...less than five minutes to go...and last timeout is gone.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Kats 6 of 13 on third down...Bomar finds Aston, first down and more. Thank goodness!

Shsu 3-2 on Shsu28 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Aston, James for 6 yards to the SHSU34, 1ST DOWN SHSU (Feazell,Pieri).

FYI...
SHSU UCA
Total offense 503 414
Penalties 5-36 12-128

MR. CHICKEN
October 11th, 2008, 09:25 PM
MCNEESE STATE....IN ARREARS....38-20...LATE 3RD...TA TEXAS STATE!

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 09:26 PM
A new set of down...Aston is hurt and is out for Robinson...

Shsu 1-10 on Shsu34 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Robinson, TyMag for loss of 2 yards to the SHSU32 (Gambles,Anthony).

Aston back...no gain for Kats...just three yards...77th play for Kats offense after this one...

Shsu 2-12 on Shsu32 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Aston, James for 3 yards to the SHSU35 (Johnson,Phillip).

Shsu 3-9 on Shsu35 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Madkins, Jason for 18 yards to the UCA47, 1ST DOWN SHSU (Johnson,Phillip;Feazell,Pieri).

They actually got it done!

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 09:26 PM
BEARKATS GET IT AT THE 8!

Shsu 1-10 on Uca47 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Payne, Trey for 39 yards to the UCA8, 1ST DOWN SHSU.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Rhett Bomar throws incomplete to end zone...

Shsu 1-G on Uca08 Bomar, Rhett pass incomplete to Madkins, Jason.

Here we go again...think six! Lucas moves it on up...

Shsu 2-G on Uca08 Bomar, Rhett pass complete to Lucas, Chris for 4 yards to the UCA4 (Johnson,Phillip).

MR. CHICKEN
TEXAS STATE 45-20...OH BRUTTER!!!!!!

TexasTerror
Third down...four yards to go...late substitution by UCA...flags and whistles...timeout? Timeout, UCA.

Shsu 3-G on Uca03 Timeout Central Arkansas, clock 01:45.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Can UCA get a stop on 3rd down? Catron Houston runs in -- TOUCHDOWN!

Two-point convo coming up!

MR. CHICKEN
October 11th, 2008, 09:30 PM
48-46 BEARS.......YA'LL NEED TWO!

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Rhett Bomar in shotgun...wants to throw, knocked away, incomplete.

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter

Fourth Quarter
UCA: Nathan Brown 60 yard pass to Willie Landers (Eddie Carmona kick), 5:51 - UCA 48-40 SHSU
SHSU: Catron Houston 3 yard run (pass failed), 1:40 - UCA 48-46 SHSU

MR. CHICKEN
October 11th, 2008, 09:31 PM
BEARS HOLD.....SORRAH TERRERIZER.........VEARAH SORRAH!....STILL GOT DUH ON-SIDES SHOT!!!

MR. CHICKEN
October 11th, 2008, 09:32 PM
BEARS HANDS TEAM ON FIELD!

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Onside...kicked behind everyone and goes out of bounds. Special teams miscues...once more.

MR. CHICKEN
October 11th, 2008, 09:33 PM
TWO YARD ON SIDE OUTTAH BOUNDS KICK!

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Officials are still confused...UCA getting ready to kneel the ball.

And that's the ball game...

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter

Fourth Quarter
SHSU: Catron Houston 3 yard run (pass failed), 1:40 - UCA 48-46 SHSU

MR. CHICKEN
October 11th, 2008, 09:35 PM
HEY.......SAM HOUSTON..SCARED 'EM.............C.ARK..........PREVAILS!

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2008, 09:36 PM
With TXST win over McNeese...no telling what will happen in this conference...

UCA, TXST, NWST and SFA in first place...who'd thunk?

MR. CHICKEN
October 11th, 2008, 09:37 PM
UCA..UCA..UCA!

slostang
October 11th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Sounds like a great game. Congrats to UCA.

MR. CHICKEN
October 11th, 2008, 09:39 PM
OFF TA DUH MCNEESE GAME........LATER.....SOUFFWEST LADS!

GeauxLions94
October 11th, 2008, 09:42 PM
With TXST win over McNeese...no telling what will happen in this conference...

UCA, TXST, NWST and SFA in first place...who'd thunk?

My sentiments exactly ... likes always Southland fans, you better buckle up. It's going to be a bumpy ride

Lionsrking
October 11th, 2008, 09:47 PM
My sentiments exactly ... likes always Southland fans, you better buckle up. It's going to be a bumpy ride

It's a league of good offenses and very average defenses...anybody can win on any given week...it's a wide open race.

blackfordpu
October 11th, 2008, 10:59 PM
The true tale of the tape tonight was turnovers. We dominated UCA in every statistical category but turnovers. 4-0 in favor of UCA. Can not win with that.

BEAR
October 11th, 2008, 11:13 PM
What a game! SHSU kicking game cost them that one. Plus the officials were horrible! On the pass play at the 5 yard line that was INT and UCA was called for pass interference..I thought it was a clean poke..but maybe the refs saw a hand on the side or something...anyway, this conference confuses most UCA fans...McNeese loses to Texas State? xeyebrowx Um...if I roll my body into a ball on the floor and chant "reality check" over and over again..will that score change? xlolx

But I loved the backwards onside kick...geez...gotta feel bad for the guy...but then again, most of the kickoffs were landing at the 35 or 40 yard line...xconfusedx

blackfordpu
October 11th, 2008, 11:17 PM
What a game! SHSU kicking game cost them that one. Plus the officials were horrible! On the pass play at the 5 yard line that was INT and UCA was called for pass interference..I thought it was a clean poke..but maybe the refs saw a hand on the side or something...anyway, this conference confuses most UCA fans...McNeese loses to Texas State? xeyebrowx Um...if I roll my body into a ball on the floor and chant "reality check" over and over again..will that score change? xlolx

But I loved the backwards onside kick...geez...gotta feel bad for the guy...but then again, most of the kickoffs were landing at the 35 or 40 yard line...xconfusedx

I agree the officials were horrible but I don't think they decided the game. They just could not get the mike to work and when they did, they did not know what to say. How long does it take to announce an offsides call? xlolx

Great game, it is a shame the Kats lost but a horrible kicking game and turnovers were what cost them.

I think I am starting to move to the side of wanting the AD to put the feelers out on a new HC.

The loss does not concern me as much as they mental effect this game could have on the team. We really don't want a repeat of the NDSU disaster from last season. That close loss killed our season.

slycat
October 11th, 2008, 11:18 PM
The true tale of the tape tonight was turnovers. We dominated UCA in every statistical category but turnovers. 4-0 in favor of UCA. Can not win with that.

3-1 and your kickers suck. It was a fun game to watch though.

blackfordpu
October 11th, 2008, 11:19 PM
3-1

Whatever, they still had the edge which swung the game in their favor.

slycat
October 11th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Whatever, they still had the edge which swung the game in their favor.

They had good red zone defense that helped too. But I agree that y'all beat them in all stats.

BEAR
October 11th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Historically most teams we have faced, Monticello or even Delta State, have outgained us in "stats", but the breaks of the game usually fell on the errors of the opposition. Conque didn't rely on an aggressive pass game tonight. He ran the ball and it was successful! Haven't seen that all year! But I'll agree with most SLC fans...there's no defense in this league! Offense may sell tickets, but defense wins championships and whoever wants the playoff spot and gets it had better learn some defense or the exit door will be opened very very early. xnodx

UCABEARS75
October 13th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Qucik summary from my perspective.

Great game. Two great QB's. Overall I give the passing accuracy/decision makiing edge to Nathan while Bomar gets a big edge in running ability. (Didn't realize he could move that fast. He ran out of tackles when we had him stopped and then ran away from LB's).

Huge, huge edge to UCA in overall kicking game. Better kicker and more athletic coverage teams.

Part of the difference in offensive stats is due to above. On 9 or 10 possessions SHSU had an average of 20 yards more than UCA per possession to go.

Secondly, our stupid penalties gave SHSU additional chances with the ball when we had them in bad spots. This is dissapointing to me as a fan. Last year we were the least penalized team in the league I think and this year we are getting way too many stupid late hit fouls, etc.

Two very good teams. If we played 10 times it would probably come out 5-5 or 6-4 one way or the other.

Once again, no matter how "modern" the game gets it still comes down to kicking and making a defensive play when it counts.