PDA

View Full Version : Savanah St?

UNHFan
October 5th, 2008, 06:08 AM
Why is this school still playing so many Div II Teams? Haven they been FCS for 2 years now?

Its ridiculous almost made my old point that no D2 can beat an FCS School cause some crazed Griz fan stated after I made a comment about there close game with CWU.

Quote ....Any upper level D2 team can beat any upper level FCS team

Not only is this nuts I have been researching it and I cant even find an upper level D2 beating a FCS team so far. I am sure it happens!! I see Samford had a cose call this year. But in know way is there an FCS team that ends the season with a winning record has a loss to a D2 team.

Anyone else know different?

By the way I found a great DII Site

http://www.d2football.com/

uofmman1122
October 5th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Why is this school still playing so many Div II Teams? Haven they been FCS for 2 years now?

Its ridiculous almost made my old point that no D2 can beat an FCS School cause some crazed Griz fan stated after I made a comment about there close game with CWU.

Quote ....Any upper level D2 team can beat any upper level FCS team

Not only is this nuts I have been researching it and I cant even find an upper level D2 beating a FCS team so far. I am sure it happens!! I see Samford had a cose call this year. But in know way is there an FCS team that ends the season with a winning record has a loss to a D2 team.

Anyone else know different?

By the way I found a great DII Site

http://www.d2football.com/North Dakota State, the now "juggernaut" FCS school in the MVC beat Montana in 2003 when NDSU was still Division II. CWU, the team you seem to love to rag on, beat EWU a few years back.

That's just two out of a ton of examples. You obviously didn't look very hard.

UNHFan
October 5th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Sorry for setting you up!!! ND State my friend was already accepted in to 1-AA and had already been using the 65 Scholarships!!

Nice try!! ND State was on FCS Probation!! So sorry try and try again!! Still a huge huge upset and your kinda right but not a tru D2 school at the time

UNHFan
October 5th, 2008, 07:00 AM
PS Ufo do you read?? You quote me and then say things as if you never read what I said. How about me saying this? "I am sure it happens!!" Geez and what the hell are you talking about me dissing CWU I love D2 ball and want to see some upstets!! Just cant seem to find anything like 1A vs 1AA So simmer down its Sunday :) Instead of wha wha educate me. I thought this board was for opions and education... I have learned so much about teams outside my area due to this board.

uofmman1122
October 5th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Sorry for setting you up!!! ND State my friend was already accepted in to 1-AA and had already been using the 65 Scholarships!!

Nice try!! ND State was on FCS Probation!! So sorry try and try again!! Still a huge huge upset and your kinda right but not a tru D2 school at the time

PS Ufo do you read?? You quote me and then say things as if you never read what I said. How about me saying this? "I am sure it happens!!" Geez and what the hell are you talking about me dissing CWU I love D2 ball and want to see some upstets!! Just cant seem to find anything like 1A vs 1AA So simmer down its Sunday :) Instead of wha wha educate me. I thought this board was for opions and education... I have learned so much about teams outside my area due to this board.xlolxxlolxxlolx

I guess I shouldn't feel too bad about being "set up" by a guy that types like a 13 year old.

Even so, every place I've checked says NDSU wasn't Div. I until 2004. Granted that's just Wikipedia and looking up articles on Gobison.com which talk about Div. II well into the end of 2003, but I might be mistaken. xreadx

To answer whatever question you posted....which I can hardly decipher...Yes, lots of FCS teams have been beaten by Div. II teams, and I'm sure some of them have finished the season with a winning record.

rutlandbison
October 5th, 2008, 08:06 AM
xwhistlex The University of North Dakota beat UNI like 2 or 3 years ago in UNI's dome. Is that a big enough upset for ya?

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 5th, 2008, 08:08 AM

NDSU had only 36 schollies that yr, my friend!!

bobbythekidd
October 5th, 2008, 08:56 AM
xwhistlex The University of North Dakota beat UNI like 2 or 3 years ago in UNI's dome. Is that a big enough upset for ya?
It's about time you posted. Welcome to AGS.

UNHFan
October 5th, 2008, 09:16 AM
NDSU had only 36 schollies that yr, my friend!!

Again not reading I said using!! 36 is 25 more then allowed by Div2

Its amazing how people just want to see what they want to see

UNHFan
October 5th, 2008, 09:17 AM

AAAAHH!!! Again not reading NDU was a FCS Team then still on probation OMG

Thank god I am 12

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 5th, 2008, 09:35 AM

Thank god I am 12

Well you are 12 then. UND was a DII member when they beat UNI.....they didn't move to 1AA until this year

36 schollies is the max limit for DII which NDSU had when they beat the Grizz in 03

Do your homework.......just because you think you are right doesn't mean you arexrolleyesx xrolleyesx

brownbear
October 5th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Not top FCS teams, but here are D2 teams to beat FCS teams this year:

Tuskegee over Alabama A&M
Arkansas-Monticello over Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Henderson State over Arkansas-Pine Bluff
UNC-Pembroke over Davidson
UNC-Pembroke over Jacksonville
Washburn over Missouri State
Fayetteville State over North Carolina Central
Stonehill over Wagner

D3 schools to beat FCS schools this year:

Franklin over Butler
Methodist over Campbell
Birmingham Southern over Campbell

NAIA teams to beat FCS teams this year:

Marian over Valparaiso
St. Francis (IL) over Valparaiso

uofmman1122
October 5th, 2008, 09:36 AM

Thank god I am 12....What?

UND is in it's first year of FCS transition. I honestly can't tell if you already knew that and are acknowledging it, or if you don't know the difference between NDSU and UND. xconfusedx

UAalum72
October 5th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Again not reading I said using!! 36 is 25 more then allowed by Div2

Its amazing how people just want to see what they want to see

Typo? Do you mean 63 is 27 more than the 36 allowed by D-II?

Anyway in answer to the original question, Savannah St. has been D-I since 2002. Their record over that time coming into this year was 7-57 with D-I wins over now-defunct Morris Brown in 2002 and Norfolk St in 2004

brownbear
October 5th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Savannah State has been a full member of D-I since 2002. Because they want to be a D-I program for all sports, if they want to sponsor football, it must be at the D-I level. This is why the Pioneer Football League exists, for D-I programs that are D-I for football in pretty much name only (they still play many sub-D-I opponents). Savannah State is not in a conference for any sports I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong), and play as an independent in football. Generally, independents have trouble scheduling games, so they sometimes have to look to D2 for potential matchups. Savannah State shouldn't be an FCS football program, but they have no other choice if they still want football.

rutlandbison
October 5th, 2008, 11:09 AM

Thank god I am 12

NDU isn't UND, UND is in its first year of FCS football this year.

UNIFanSince1983
October 5th, 2008, 12:19 PM
And it was the year after UNI had gone to the National Championship game. So if that isn't a big enough FCS team losing to a DII I don't know what you would consider it. Look it up the University of North Dakota was full-fledged DII in 2006 when they beat the National Runner-Up from 2005 the University of Northern Iowa. I am sure since you are a UNH fan you should know about us a little bit!

poly51
October 5th, 2008, 01:31 PM
1980 I-AA National Champion Boise State
1980 D-II National Champion Cal Poly

1980 Cal Poly 23-Boise State 20.