PDA

View Full Version : Best Game Yesterday?

Drblankstare
October 5th, 2008, 04:26 AM
Obviously a person cant see them all xbawlingx , so what were the best games from Saturday.

IMO, it had to be Mcneese and SDSU. Triple OT and a Bunnies loss, what could be better.xwhistlex (I kid, because I love)

Anyway, who ya got.

JohnStOnge
October 5th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Since I'm a McNeese fan their game was too nerve-wracking to be "good!"

I nominate the Southeastern Louisiana at Stephen F. Austin game. Southeastern broke out to a 28-0 first quarter lead and led 45-21 with less than four minutes to go in the third quarter. Stephen F. Austin outscored the Lions 27-0 the rest of the way, including kicking a 23 yard field goal with 7 seconds left, to win the game.

Second week in a row Stephen F. Austin was involved in a huge comeback game. Last week they were the victim, this week they did the victimizing.

crusader11
October 5th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Yale vs. Holy Cross should be in there.

HC was down 21-7 with roughly 8 minutes remaining and scored 2 touchdowns two send it into overtime. The last drive of the game was truly incredible, as Dom Randolph and the O drove 90 yards in 45 seconds with no timeouts. Unfortunately, we ended up losing in double overtime 31-28. A great game nevertheless, however.

TexasTerror
October 5th, 2008, 09:57 AM
I nominate the Southeastern Louisiana at Stephen F. Austin game. Southeastern broke out to a 28-0 first quarter lead and led 45-21 with less than four minutes to go in the third quarter. Stephen F. Austin outscored the Lions 27-0 the rest of the way, including kicking a 23 yard field goal with 7 seconds left, to win the game.

I agree. Huge comeback. Last two minutes were pretty exciting. It was on video for all to see live (and for free). xthumbsupx

Houndawg
October 5th, 2008, 10:18 AM
It's debatable if the MVFC is down a little this year, but so far it hasn't been boring.

crusader11
October 5th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Almost forgot to mention the Cornell vs. Lehigh game, as Cornell scored on a 20 yard touchdown pass as time expired to win 25-24.

blackfordpu
October 5th, 2008, 10:41 AM
I agree. Huge comeback. Last two minutes were pretty exciting. It was on video for all to see live (and for free). xthumbsupx

What site?

I have to vote for the SFA comback as well.

Elon Fightin' Christians
October 5th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Maybe its just me.... but, i thought the ELON - Furman game was pretty damn good. xlolx xlolx

jackmd
October 5th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Obviously a person cant see them all xbawlingx , so what were the best games from Saturday.

IMO, it had to be Mcneese and SDSU. Triple OT and a Bunnies loss, what could be better.xwhistlex (I kid, because I love)

Anyway, who ya got.

I was at the SDSU/McNeese game and it was one of the most exciting I've ever seen. Of course, I wasn't at the SDSU/SFA game the week before or I might not be saying that.

Every player on the field and most of the fans in the stands left everything out their yesterday at CAS in Brookings, SD. I don't think I'll ever forget the game and that could lead to the loss of my sanity. I'm glad we have a week off to recover before Cal-Poly comes to South Dakota State.

TexasTerror
October 5th, 2008, 01:23 PM
What site?

Same site as posted on KatFans, Lion's Den and AGS... xnodx

http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-sfa.html

catbob
October 5th, 2008, 01:28 PM
UC Davis beat UNC on a hail mary as time expired. Man UNC just finds ways to lose!

gokats85
October 5th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Since I'm a McNeese fan their game was too nerve-wracking to be "good!"

Second week in a row Stephen F. Austin was involved in a huge comeback game. Last week they were the victim, this week they did the victimizing.

Agreed. As much as I hate SFA, give them credit for scoring 20 unanswered points in the 4th quarter to pull off a win.