Penn @ GEORGETOWN
2:00 PM

YTD vs. OOCs:

Overall: 11-12
Vs. Ivy League: 3-7

carney2
October 4th, 2008, 10:06 PM
FORDHAM @ LEHIGH
Fordham has not impressed. The ChickenSquawks have not impressed. Fordham has an up side and cannot afford another League loss. The dingy Brown may be on the way to 1-6 before they see their next win opportunity.

LAFAYETTE @ Columbia
There does not appear to be a plumber alive who can fix the toilet that is Columbia football. Still, the powder blue bottom feeders have been competitive in each of their losses. This one could be closer than some people think – certainly closer than last year’s blowout.

Hofstra @ BUCKNELL
Hofstra sux. Bucknell almost lost to Marist. This is a tough call.

Princeton @ COLGATE
Princeton has not been real impressive. The ‘gaters have been up and down. They need to make a statement and, with the week off, look like a good bet to do it right here and now.

Brown @ HOLY CROSS
The ‘saders continue to cause heart failure for some very good OOCs. They deserve to win one of these.

Penn @ GEORGETOWN
The Hoyas need to keep their focus, keep improving and get their sea legs back under them. Don’t think “win.” It ain’t gonna happen.

ngineer
October 4th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Lehigh will have to approach Fordham like Armeggedon. The season will come down to this, after two hellacious last second losses. Lehigh could just as easily be 3-1 as opposed to 1-3. Fordham is in the same boat having already lost to Colgate. I'm going with the home field on this one. Lehigh 27-24.

Lafayette should be able to win this with one hand tied behind their backs.
'pards, 31-17.

Bucknell seems to be playing erratically, Hofstra seems to have quit. Going with the Bison, 31-27.

Colgate will keep the ball away from Princeton's quick offense, with the ground game. Raiders win 23-17.

Brown much improve. Holy Cross losing close..could be getting in their heads. Brown, 29-27.

Georgetown comes out of the infirmary and into the Penn. Quakers, 30-17.

brownbear
October 5th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Lehigh over Fordham in a close one
Lafayette over Columbia by 14+
Hofstra should be able to beat Bucknell, 7 points
Princeton over Colgate in a close one
Holy Cross loses by one or two points again (Brown should bounce back from last week's game)
Penn over Georgetown by 14+

LehighFan11
October 5th, 2008, 12:04 PM
FORDHAM @ LEHIGH, This is Lehigh's best chance to win in their next 3, look for the offense to do just enough.
12:30 PM

LAFAYETTE @ Columbia, No chance.

Hofstra @ BUCKNELL, CAA>PL like normal
1:00 PM

Princeton @ COLGATE, Scott 250 yds= W

Brown @ HOLY CROSS, HC lays it on Brown.

Penn @ GEORGETOWN, Penn by 7 or so.

Tribe4SF
October 5th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Bucknell seems to be playing erratically, Hofstra seems to have quit. Going with the Bison, 31-27.

You think Hofstra has quit? Carney says they just "suck"?

Would this be the same Hofstra that beat Stony Brook 41-3 on the road last week? The same Stony Brook that ran all over Colgate in week one?

You PL guys crack me up.xlolx Like to see your stalwart teams travel to Harrisonburg.

Franks Tanks
October 5th, 2008, 01:18 PM

Would this be the same Hofstra that beat Stony Brook 41-3 on the road last week? The same Stony Brook that ran all over Colgate in week one?

You PL guys crack me up.xlolx Like to see your stalwart teams travel to Harrisonburg.

Umm we have been very honest about the sucess of our teams this year. Like Bil & mary wont get crushed as well when you play JMU? They have been beating up on everyone.

LehighFan11
October 5th, 2008, 01:21 PM

Scott didn't play vs. Stony Brook aka Colgate's team didn't play.

Tribe4SF
October 5th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Umm we have been very honest about the sucess of our teams this year. Like Bil & mary wont get crushed as well when you play JMU? They have been beating up on everyone.

Exactly my point. What else on Hofstra's resume would lead Carney, and Ngineer to say what they did other than the Pride's 56-0 loss to the Dukes? Maybe Hofstra will "quit" this week against Bucknell, and maybe they'll "suck" the rest of the year, but you and I both know they'd probably be favored right now against every team in the PL except Holy Cross.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 5th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Exactly my point. What else on Hofstra's resume would lead Carney, and Ngineer to say what they did other than the Pride's 56-0 loss to the Dukes? Maybe Hofstra will "quit" this week against Bucknell, and maybe they'll "suck" the rest of the year, but you and I both know they'd probably be favored right now against every team in the PL except Holy Cross.

Holy Cross is 1-3. I don't think HC is the best or second best team in the league. They're struggling as bad as Lehigh right now. Colgate i believe is the best and Lafayette the second.

carney2
October 5th, 2008, 04:24 PM

1. Hofsra sux.

2. Hofstra will bury Bucknell.

3. Holy Cross will finish 3rd in the Patriot League.

There ya go - and with about as much "expertise" as you bring to the table.

Tribe4SF
October 5th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Scott didn't play vs. Stony Brook aka Colgate's team didn't play.

Obviously that included their defense, which gave up 270 yards rushing to Stony Brook.

So without Scott, can we say that Colgate "quit"? Hofstra lost their QB in the opener against UConn, and Ngineer's characterization of them having quit is unjust, and off-base.

crusader11
October 5th, 2008, 04:38 PM
I think you could say Hofstra quit against in JMU in that after they got down by so many points at halftime, they really didn't show up in the second half. But, to say they have quit on other games is certainly not true. They will beat Bucknell by 2 scores at least.

letsgopards04
October 6th, 2008, 08:05 AM
October 11:

FORDHAM @ LEHIGH

LAFAYETTE @ Columbia

Hofstra @ BUCKNELL

Princeton @ COLGATE

Brown @ HOLY CROSS

Penn @ GEORGETOWN

Pard94
October 6th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Holy Cross is 1-3. I don't think HC is the best or second best team in the league. They're struggling as bad as Lehigh right now. Colgate i believe is the best and Lafayette the second.

Wow. I totally disagree. HC has lost a couple of very tough games to some quality competition. I think they are the best team in the league at this point despite their record.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 6th, 2008, 10:14 AM
I think you could say Hofstra quit against in JMU in that after they got down by so many points at halftime, they really didn't show up in the second half. But, to say they have quit on other games is certainly not true. They will beat Bucknell by 2 scores at least.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Bucknell will do a lot, lot better in this Hofstra game than people here realize.

colorless raider
October 6th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Colgate
Columbia
Penn
Hofstra
Fordham

LCFan21
October 6th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Lafayette
Princeton
Penn
Lehigh
Hofstra

Go...gate
October 6th, 2008, 04:25 PM

Will you guys schedule PL teams? I bet Colgate would be happy with a home-and-home.

bison137
October 6th, 2008, 05:37 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion that Bucknell will do a lot, lot better in this Hofstra game than people here realize.

Only if the BU coaches wake up and throw the ball. The OL is young and undersized, and they will not be able to run on Hofstra. On the other hand, the Bison actually have a passing game this year, with a good QB and one great receiver.

Also defensively it will be hard for them to control Hofstra, especially if the D coordinator opts to not blitz.

Ivytalk
October 6th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Lehigh
Lafayette
Hofstra
Colgate
Holy Cross
Penn

MDFAN
October 6th, 2008, 06:20 PM
FORDHAM
LAFAYETTE
BUCKNELL
COLGATE
HOLY CROSS
PENN

Go...gate
October 6th, 2008, 06:26 PM
What has happened to Hofstra and Stony Brook this year? I really figured both for much better seasons than they have had. Is it injuries? Inexperience?

LehighFan11
October 7th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Why so little talk about this weekends games? We have two interesting PL v Ivy games. Colgate and HC should be favored, but can they take care of business? Also our 2nd interesting league game of the year. Fordham (0-1) can't really afford to lose @ Lehigh who is staring 1-6 in the face.

DFW HOYA
October 7th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Fordham (0-1) can't really afford to lose @ Lehigh who is staring 1-6 in the face.

If Lehigh is suddenly staring at 1-7, that'll be a story!

TheValleyRaider
October 7th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Much like the Patriot League, last week was a rough outing. 1-3 for the week puts me at 16-10 at the season's halfway point

Fordham at Lehigh Fordham Two teams struggling more than they expected to back in August. So far, the Rams have at least put some impressive games out on the field, if not weakened by inconsistency. The Hawks have generally struggled since their opening win over Drake. Maybe they'll snap out of it before the season ends, but for now, Fordham looks closer to being on track

Lafayette at Columbia Lafayette The Leopards hopes at a new era of dominance over the Ivies ended pretty abruptly with their treatment at the hands of Harvard. Still, Lafayette should be pleased to follow that up with their own Ivy whipping-boy Columbia. The Lions could surprise at home, but I wouldn't count on it

Hofstra at Bucknell Hofstra Bucknell has had some good moments this year, mixed with plenty of less than so moments. While out of the CAA, Hofstra doesn't appear to be the same kind of world-beaters that PL teams have been hurt by (UMass, Nova). Still, I think the Pride use their better skill to top the Bison in Lewisburg

Princeton at Colgate Colgate Raiders have had plenty of time to rest up for their second Ivy showdown. Princeton actually won this matchup's last installment, but it was a tight win over the worst Colgate squad of the last decade. A rivalry game with potentially undefeated Cornell looms on the horizon, but this isn't a trap game for the 'Gate

Brown at Holy Cross Holy Cross So how many tight OOC losses can the Crusaders sustain before the weight begins to become unbearable? If the Bears can keep it close late in the game, does the Cross begin to tighten up and maybe give it away? Brown did beat Harvard just a few weeks ago, so it's possible, but I'll tentatively take the Crusaders in Worcester

Pennsylvania at Georgetown Pennsylvania How sick are the Hoyas? Are they even sick at all? Perhaps they're merely incubators, and their efforts on Saturday will serve mostly to soften up the Quakers for next week's opponent. Or maybe this won't get played at all. Still, disease or no disease, Georgetown falls short against a decent Penn team

ColgateTD
October 7th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Honest injun... I made my picks long before I saw TVR's picks, above!!

Fordham - Rams O too much for Engineers
Lafayette - Pards all over Lions
Hofstra - Long Island Men too balanced for Bison
Colgate - 2 week's rest means Scott runs wild over Tigers
Holy Cross - Randolph airs it out over Bruins
Penn - Keystone Statesmen in another league from Hoyas

Uncle Buck
October 7th, 2008, 07:44 PM
What has happened to Hofstra and Stony Brook this year? I really figured both for much better seasons than they have had. Is it injuries? Inexperience?

I would like to say our starting QB going down before game one as a reason, but plain and simple, we're undisciplined and flat out bad at times. Special teams are a disgrace, and this game against Bucknell could go either way.

One this i will say, this is one of the very rare times that we will probably be the bigger team. For the CAA we're grossly undersized.

Seawolf97
October 7th, 2008, 08:20 PM
I wish I knew what happened to StonyBrook this season. As for Hofstra they win at the Bison. Too much depth.

Pard4Life
October 8th, 2008, 11:31 AM
My only hope is that Jordan Scott declares this season as 'child's play' and a waste of time, quits, and starts training for the NFL.

If Holy Cross had a defense they would be the best team in the East.

The Pards are strong, but I still say this is a Colgate/Holy Cross showdown. Fordham is just too inconsistent to join the race for the top.

Go...gate
October 8th, 2008, 01:20 PM
I would like to say our starting QB going down before game one as a reason, but plain and simple, we're undisciplined and flat out bad at times. Special teams are a disgrace, and this game against Bucknell could go either way.

One this i will say, this is one of the very rare times that we will probably be the bigger team. For the CAA we're grossly undersized.

Every time I've seen Hofstra in the past, they have generally been pretty big/athletic. In the 2001 play-off game against Lehigh, they looked bigger than that year's Rutgers squad (early in Schiano's tenure). Are the powers-that-be at Hofstra scaling back the program?

hvsader
October 8th, 2008, 02:08 PM
If Holy Cross had a defense they would be the best team in the East.

HC held Yale to 0 points in 2nd half of regulation play...then it was 10-7 in OT

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Lafayette 34 Columbia 20: Lafayette's offense gets going against a scrappy Lions team.

Hofstra 41 Bucknell 27: There should be a lot of points in this one. Bucknell's record is good but they haven't beaten anyone. Hofstra will be a major step up from what they've seen to date.

Colgate 24 Princeton 13: As long as Scott gets his yards i don't see Colgate losing at home. The weather is starting to turn and Hamilton is no fun during the grey days of late fall.

Holy Cross 38 Brown 27: If this were in Providence i'd take Brown but since it's at HC i'll go with the home team. HC does have some serious questions on defense but i don't believe the Bears can fully exploit them.

Penn 41 Georgetown 7: Things keep getting worse for the Hoyas.

Lehigh 34 Fordham 27: Despite all the coaching questions Lehigh does have talent. Anyone who's seen them play can attest to that. I think the Hawks can pull out a tough home over a Fordham team who hasn't been much better. Even with a win i see a 2-5 start.

Record: 19-7 Overall

hc12
October 8th, 2008, 06:55 PM

lafayette 28 columbia14
hofstra 35 bucknell 28
colgate 27 princeton20
penn 35 georgetown17
fordham21 lehigh17
the worst team in the pl who is struggling= HC 38 Brown31

LehighFan11
October 8th, 2008, 07:03 PM

Whats up with that?

hc12
October 8th, 2008, 08:33 PM
ask go lehigh tu owl !

Fordham
October 9th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Lafayette
Hofstra
Colgate
Penn
Lehigh

Until we prove that our Dline can handle a grind out running game ... or that our offense can be much more consistent, I just can't pick us. I certainly won't be surprised if we win by any stretch just that I have us low until we show otherwise.

Here's my question for Lehigh fans - does a convincing Fordham win on Saturday the final nail for Coen?

carney2
October 9th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Here's my question for Lehigh fans - does a convincing Fordham win on Saturday the final nail for Coen?

I'm not the guy who should be responding, but that sort of thing has never stopped me before.

IMHO, no. The decision makers at Lehigh (as opposed to the hot heads on the Lehigh voy board) do not want to be quick on the trigger with this. It sends all the wrong messages about the school and its priorities. On the other hand, an embarrassingly bad season (try 2-9, 3-8) and yet another loss to their friends down the road (this would be the 5th in a row and the 6th out of the last 7) might just move the process along. In the end, it will be the overall record, with that final game being counted more than any other.

LehighFan11
October 9th, 2008, 09:22 AM
I'm not the guy who should be responding, but that sort of thing has never stopped me before.

IMHO, no. The decision makers at Lehigh (as opposed to the hot heads on the Lehigh voy board) do not want to be quick on the trigger with this. It sends all the wrong messages about the school and its priorities. On the other hand, an embarrassingly bad season (try 2-9, 3-8) and yet another loss to their friends down the road (this would be the 5th in a row and the 6th out of the last 7) might just move the process along. In the end, it will be the overall record, with that final game being counted more than any other.

I agree, the season would have to be really bad for Coen to be fired. If Lehigh were to go 3-8 with a win vs. Lafayette, he would probably stay. The doom days scenario I talked with my Dad about before the Princeton game was, a loss @ princeton and home to Cornell before the 3 game stretch. Then, losses vs. Fordham and Harvard and another 40 blowout vs. HC, what would happen then? I feel like Ive seen enough fight from this team to hope that wont happen, but still 0-3 is very possible.

jdb037
October 9th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Lafayette 38 Columbia 10
Hofstra 42 Bucknell 31
Colgate 21 Princeton 20
Penn 31 Georgetown 21
Fordham 16 Lehigh 6
Holy Cross 42 Brown 28

bison137
October 9th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Hofstra
Colgate
Holy Cross
Penn
Fordham

Overall record is 19-6.

Pard94
October 9th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Whats up with that?

You weren't aware that you were struggling?

carney2
October 9th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Hofstra
Colgate
Holy Cross
Penn
Fordham

Overall record is 19-6.

Were you a classmate of KenZ's during Bucknell's anti-intellectual days? You picked 5 of 6 games, leaving out the most important. I'll help you:

Lafayette in a rout.

That wasn't so hard now, was it?

carney2
October 10th, 2008, 07:11 AM
The official "line:"

LEHIGH by 1 1/2 over FORDHAM

LAFAYETTE by 9 1/2 over Columbia

Hofstra by 7 over BUCKNELL

COLGATE by 3 over Princeton

HOLY CROSS by 8 over Brown

Pennsylvania by 13 over GEORGETOWN

LUHawker
October 10th, 2008, 10:39 AM
No time for analysis, just the picks:

Lafayette over Columbia
Lehigh over Fordham
Penn over Gtown
Princeton over Colgate
Holy Cross over Brown
Hofstra over Bucknell

LehighFan11
October 10th, 2008, 11:21 AM
You weren't aware that you were struggling?

No that was in regard to someone saying HC wasnt top of the conference.

LeopardFan04
October 10th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Lafayette
Lehigh
Penn
Colgate
Brown
Hofstra

LBPop
October 10th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Georgetown comes out of the infirmary and into the Penn. Quakers, 30-17.

Oh you wordsmith, you.xlolx
I will be there to watch the 2008 Hoyas for the second time. I am not optimistic. xrolleyesx

Go...gate
October 10th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Lehigh 41, Fordham 20

Lafayette 28, Columbia 17

Hofstra 26, Bucknell 24

Colgate 23, Princeton 21

Holy Cross 33, Brown 14

Pennsylvania 34, Georgetown 10

CrusaderBob
October 10th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Last Week: 3 - 1
Year to Date: 18 - 7

My Expanded Patriot League picks:

Fordham University- The Jesuit University of New York
over
Lehigh University - the founded by Asa (please don't call me Billy) Packer University of Bethlehem.

Lafayette College - the he wasn't the Marquis de Sade but he was still a marquis Collge of Easton
over
Columbia University - The Ivy League University of New York

Hofstra University - the CAA University of Hempstead
over
Bucknell University - The at least Penn State is more remotely located than we are University of Pennsylvania

Colgate University - The University in Hamilton New York, not to be confused with Hamilton College in Clinton New York
over
Princeton University - The simultaneously striving Ivy League University of New Jersey.

The University of Pennsylvania - that's Penn (without the State) to you
over
Georgetown University - the Betcha can't name the George we're named after University of Washington DC.

And Finally

The College of the Holy Cross -'nuff said
over
Brown University - the you come up with the cash and we'll rename the place after you University of Providence.