PDA

View Full Version : URI 37 - Brown 13

Cobblestone
October 4th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Yeah Baby!

Nice win for Coach Rizzi in his first time vs. Brown as a coach. Great game for Derek Cassidy, 25 completions for just under 300 yards and 5 TD passes. This guy has really adjusted his game well, he's gone from an option type QB to a legitimate passer. Brandon Johnson-Farrell is proving to be quite a WR (8 catches for 72 yards and a TD) and since he's only a Freshman, I'm glad we'll have him around. No rushing TD's today and the running game still concerns me. But we got some yardage on the ground when we needed it.

Defense, man you guys really stepped it up today and kept Brown out of the game. Good job!

All in all a good all around team effort. My favorite part of the day was seeing Governor Don Carcieri (a former Brown player) hand that Governor's Cup Trophy to Darren Rizzi (a former URI player), you could see it was bruising Carcieri's ego to do so. That made the whole season worth it!

Congrats Coach Rizzi and players!!

Ivytalk
October 4th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Congrats to URI. I thought Brown would win, but I didn't see URI winning by so much in any event.

Bos8
October 4th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the report Cobblestone. I'll be going to the game in Towson next week, and heading up for homecoming in 2 weeks. I am excited to see the team first hand.

I feel the turning point for Cassidy was the late hit against UNH (BC game excluded). Since that late hit, he has looked great. Did URI throw the ball down field a bit against Brown? They seem to run a lot of screens and short passing plays.
Glad the Defense and O-line played good. Hopefully they keep it up.

Cobblestone
October 4th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the report Cobblestone. I'll be going to the game in Towson next week, and heading up for homecoming in 2 weeks. I am excited to see the team first hand.

I feel the turning point for Cassidy was the late hit against UNH (BC game excluded). Since that late hit, he has looked great. Did URI throw the ball down field a bit against Brown? They seem to run a lot of screens and short passing plays.
Glad the Defense and O-line played good. Hopefully they keep it up.

Most passes this season have been short screens. Today Cassidy stretched the field out a bit more. Leonard showed some speed today and pretty much burned his coverage. Cassidy is proving he can pass. It's a good thing because without Casey the running game has been pretty dead.

You'll see plenty of passing next week at the Towson game. Between Cassidy and his numbers and the Towson QB Sean Schaefer (check out his numbers) you'll most likely see a shootout.

GO RHODY!

Col Hogan
October 4th, 2008, 07:47 PM
URI RAMS!!!!!!

CONGRATS....

Cobblestone
October 4th, 2008, 08:01 PM
URI RAMS!!!!!!

CONGRATS....

Thanks Colonel xbowx .

Watching the replay of the game on NESN right now. xthumbsupx

Col Hogan
October 4th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Thanks Colonel xbowx .

Watching the replay of the game on NESN right now. xthumbsupx

I do wish I had NESN.....xbawlingx xbawlingx

bobbythekidd
October 4th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Congrats to the improved Rams.

Cobblestone
October 4th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Congrats to the improved Rams.

Thanks Bobbo. Funny, programs seem to improve once Stowers gets fired.

Congrats on your big win today.

Seawolf97
October 4th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Congratualtions to URI! Strong win over a ranked team.xthumbsupx

Cobblestone
October 4th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Congratualtions to URI! Strong win over a ranked team.xthumbsupx

Thanks Wolfie. A sweet day, beating our intrastate rival and a ranked team; feels good.

I hope you guys can get things going.