PDA

View Full Version : Weber State TOP TEN

GrizzlyBill
October 4th, 2008, 05:41 PM
GREAT GAME WILDCATS!!

You deserved this one. Good lesson in the trenches for our O and D lines. 7 sacks!!!??? GEEZ!!!

Smith is a horse.

I said all year the GRIZ were not yet a top ten team. We are good, and we showed up to play — We just got beat by a fired up Weber State team today.

Nice to see real football on grass IN THE RAIN!

th0m
October 4th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Wait, because Weber State beat an overrated (your word) Griz team they should be a top ten team?

I Bleed Purple
October 4th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Wait, because Weber State beat an overrated (your word) Griz team they should be a top ten team?

Yes.

CopperCat
October 4th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Yes.

No. I think WSU is worthy of top 20. I still need to see more out of them before they are in the top 10.

GrizzlyBill
October 4th, 2008, 06:20 PM

Yes. Overrated at #3. Weber definitely had the emotional advantage and home field. Plus, they were the overall better team today, even with other things being equal.

I don't think there are ten teams in FCS better than either the Wildcats or the Griz.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Yes. Overrated at #3. Weber definitely had the emotional advantage and home field. Plus, they were the overall better team today, even with other things being equal.

I don't think there are ten teams in FCS better than either the Wildcats or the Griz.

I respectfully disagree....We'll see what happens.

I Bleed Purple
October 4th, 2008, 06:24 PM
No. I think WSU is worthy of top 20. I still need to see more out of them before they are in the top 10.

You will in a week.

LehighFan11
October 4th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Weber St isn't top 10 and neither is Montana anymore.

putter
October 4th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Griz O Line sucked today
Young secondary exposed by good Weber offense
Stupid turnovers again for the second week in a row

We will take this loss, just like App, and move on. not the end of the world.

However, if you want to hear something telling. Weber doused McBride
with Gatorade at the end of the game. It is a conference game ..nothing was clinched, didn't mean they go to the playoffs yet the douse their HC with Gatorade. That tells you a lot about the Big Sky. Montana is everyones superbowl!

I Bleed Purple
October 4th, 2008, 07:03 PM
17 straight in conference will do that to you.

putter
October 4th, 2008, 07:05 PM
17 straight in conference will do that to you.

I understand. xlolx I just hope that Weber continues to bring it like they did today. Higgins and Smith are quite a tandem! xnodx

saccat
October 4th, 2008, 09:41 PM
You will in a week.

See you in Bozeman...Bring your A game.

BisonBacker
October 4th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Weber made my top 25 last week and will move up but not top ten material yet. I believe Montana like NDSU were both over rated at the beginning of the year. NDSU was not in my top ten last week and won't be this week either even with the win. Montana was but will drop down for sure just don't know how far yet. Weber is a good team and strengthens the BSC overall. Montana, Weber, Eastern Washington, Montana State and NAU are better this year over last year no doubt. Heck even Northern Colorado is showing signs of life agaiin. Good to see the BSC doing better.

uofmman1122
October 4th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Weber made my top 25 last week and will move up but not top ten material yet. I believe Montana like NDSU were both over rated at the beginning of the year. NDSU was not in my top ten last week and won't be this week either even with the win. Montana was but will drop down for sure just don't know how far yet. Weber is a good team and strengthens the BSC overall. Montana, Weber, Eastern Washington, Montana State and NAU are better this year over last year no doubt. Heck even Northern Colorado is showing signs of life agaiin. Good to see the BSC doing better.Really? xeyebrowx

GOKATS
October 4th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Top Ten? No way, hell I haven't had them in the top 25 so far, but that may change when I vote tomorrow. I've got a lot more catching up to do before I vote.

BisonBacker
October 4th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Really? xeyebrowx

I was really referring to the rest of the conference for the most part. Montana and how they rate vs the team they had last year maybe not.

uofmman1122
October 4th, 2008, 11:04 PM
I was really referring to the rest of the conference for the most part. Montana and how they rate vs the team they had last year maybe not.No worries.

I was pretty sure that's what you meant. xthumbsupx

BisonBacker
October 4th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Overall I'm really impressed this year with the BSC. Some good teams beating up on each other, makes it really interesting as opposed to having one team dominate.

blackfordpu
October 4th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Yes.

Does that mean Oregon St. should have been a top ten FBS team for beating USC last week?

No, one good win does not justify that. Savor the win but move on to next week. If they keep taking care of business things will work themselves out.

Congrats to Weber on the win.

I Bleed Purple
October 4th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Does that mean Oregon St. should have been a top ten FBS team for beating USC last week?

No, one good win does not justify that. Savor the win but move on to next week. If they keep taking care of business things will work themselves out.

Congrats to Weber on the win.
Hey, at least someone got the intent of that "yes" post and gave me rep points for it.

Think of it this way. In Sitcoms, you have a harried wife who complains to her husband, "What, you think I'm just here to provide you with clothing, food, sex, be your mom and your wife, clean up after you and with a smile on my face?"

"yes."

uofmman1122
October 4th, 2008, 11:36 PM
I put Weber in my top 10 this week.

And before you say anything, Montana is out. xcoffeex

Appaholic
October 5th, 2008, 12:03 AM
Not sold yet....top 25 for sure, but the fact that #3 Montana and #8 EWU both lost, one could make the argument that the historically top BSC teams are not as strong as thought this year and that BSC isn't as strong relative to rest of country.....but an excellent and statement win for Weber State nonetheless...congrats...xthumbsupx

ericsaid
October 5th, 2008, 12:25 AM
UM barely beat a D II team, then barely beat UC Davis, they found ways to win and they're luck ran out, it was a long time coming. Take the good with the bad and move on, Montana deserves no higher than 10th and no lower than 25th. Weber State beat an overrated UM team and until they beat another top 25 team, they don't deserve to crack the polls.

uofmman1122
October 5th, 2008, 12:30 AM
UM barely beat a D II team, then barely beat UC Davis, they found ways to win and they're luck ran out, it was a long time coming. Take the good with the bad and move on, Montana deserves no higher than 10th and no lower than 25th. Weber State beat an overrated UM team and until they beat another top 25 team, they don't deserve to crack the polls.Yeah, it's not like we beat a top ten team already or anything.

Oh, wait!

And it's not like ASU hasn't beaten a top ten team.

Oh, wait!

xlolxxrolleyesx

mvemjsunpx
October 5th, 2008, 02:18 AM
Do I get credit for having Weber in the top 10 before today?

bpcats
October 5th, 2008, 02:25 AM
Weber shouldn't be top 10...yet, but they have the talent to be. I agree the UM and EWU have chinks in their armor that we haven't seen in awhile with turnovers for UM and EWU working on their defense. However the Big Sky is a lot stronger from top to bottom than is given credit for.

It won't happen but I bet the top 3 teams from the Big Sky this year would wreak a lot of havoc in the playoffs.

mvemjsunpx
October 5th, 2008, 02:33 AM
I'm not sure where exactly I'm going to put Weber this week (I had them @ #9 last week), but I know they will be my highest ranked Big Sky team.

th0m
October 5th, 2008, 03:45 AM

I think there are 4 teams in the CAA alone that are better. What this win proved was that Montana is - at this point - not a top ten team, and that Weber State COULD be a top ten team with some more wins, but they cannot and will not leapfrog from unranked (in most people's polls, anyway) to top 10.

uofmman1122
October 5th, 2008, 04:00 AM
I think there are 4 teams in the CAA alone that are better. What this win proved was that Montana is - at this point - not a top ten team, and that Weber State COULD be a top ten team with some more wins, but they cannot and will not leapfrog from unranked (in most people's polls, anyway) to top 10.I had them 17th, and moved them to 8th. Griz went from 3rd to 12th. Both moved 9 spots. Not exactly a huge leap for either team, but I still feel that right now, Weber is the best team in the BSC. xtwocentsx

mvemjsunpx
October 5th, 2008, 04:55 AM
I had them 17th, and moved them to 8th. Griz went from 3rd to 12th. Both moved 9 spots. Not exactly a huge leap for either team, but I still feel that right now, Weber is the best team in the BSC. xtwocentsx

I agree. If the Wildcats stay healthy, they'll run the table & get their first Big Sky title in 40-something years.

WildCat In The Hat
October 5th, 2008, 09:43 AM
I think there are 4 teams in the CAA alone that are better. What this win proved was that Montana is - at this point - not a top ten team, and that Weber State COULD be a top ten team with some more wins, but they cannot and will not leapfrog from unranked (in most people's polls, anyway) to top 10.

And I think that it probably conservative

Wolfman
October 5th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Montana is not even a Top 20 team, sadly to say. Hauck has ruined our program. The quality of players, especially the skill players, is way down.

Weber may very well be a top 10 team. We shall see. Their defense is not great, but their offense has got be one of the best in FCS football. McBride is also a class above the average FCS coach.

As the season progresses, and the Griz keep losing, you will see fewer and fewer posts from Griz fans. Then, they will all jump on the "fire Hauck" bandwagon. They should have listened to me 5 years ago about Bobby.

uofmman1122
October 5th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Montana is not even a Top 20 team, sadly to say. Hauck has ruined our program. The quality of players, especially the skill players, is way down.

Weber may very well be a top 10 team. We shall see. Their defense is not great, but their offense has got be one of the best in FCS football. McBride is also a class above the average FCS coach.

As the season progresses, and the Griz keep losing, you will see fewer and fewer posts from Griz fans. Then, they will all jump on the "fire Hauck" bandwagon. They should have listened to me 5 years ago about Bobby.FFS, we lost one game to a good team.

You're just sounding pathetic, now. xsmhx

Casey_Orourke
October 5th, 2008, 11:47 AM
The Weber win over Montana, like our win over Eastern Washington was just one game in a conference season that is just beginning. The games don't get any easier as the season progresses and "one win does not a season make."
Weber has yet to prove they are a top 10 team. If they continue to win they might just do it .

PSU on the other hand showed its potential but has yet to be consistent. One week we are playing like gangbusters, the next we look like a high school team. Right now we are a young team with lots of freshmen in key positions and as they get experience they will improve.

Griz0383
October 5th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Weber was bigger, stronger and faster then Montana on Saturday. As long as BH has been the coach I have never seen such sloppy play in back to back games! BH has always been that coach that fixes a problem quickly but the strange issues with special teams and the jelly fingers may be too big a problem to re-align. We are making the mistakes that the other teams constantly make against the Griz!! Next week may be the defining game for both EWU and UM. A loss for EWU and the season could be over! as for the Griz there will be no wiggle room but the post season is still possible! Very excited to see how the youngins respond! go Griz!!!!!

DuckDuckGriz
October 5th, 2008, 01:41 PM

The problem is with you east coast boys you never watch the games, and just make your conclusions from there. It's complete and utter ignorance and it's getting pretty old. I think personally Montana would beat UNH, maybe not by 30 points like last time, but that's just my opinion.

Thundering_Herd
October 5th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Weber State top ten? *********!!! xconfusedx xsmhx xnonono2x

DB_Atlantic10
October 5th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Think about it... Look at Villanova last week...they were already ranked, beat the #1 team and did not crack the top 10. Weber State has a lot of work ahead of it to get that far....Good luck though. Also considering the top 10 to 15 current teams, other than Montana, who would you oust to get there?

th0m
October 5th, 2008, 05:18 PM

Well what can I say, I'm a conservative guy xthumbsupx

WildCat In The Hat
October 5th, 2008, 06:19 PM
The problem is with you east coast boys you never watch the games, and just make your conclusions from there. It's complete and utter ignorance and it's getting pretty old. I think personally Montana would beat UNH, maybe not by 30 points like last time, but that's just my opinion.

Yeah I never watch any games..you got me. But get this, it took a last minute field goal o beat a D2 team, then you crapped the bed this week. Luckily Cal Poly's kicker missed a chip shot field goal at the end of the game or you would have 3 losses.
UMASS, UNH, JMU, Richmond and Villanova are better, and if Delaware played them, I'd take the Hens (even with their QB woes).

I Bleed Purple
October 5th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Yes, Montana would lose to them because THIS year, THIS season, WSU is a nobody team. xrolleyesx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 5th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Yeah I never watch any games..you got me. But get this, it took a last minute field goal o beat a D2 team, then you crapped the bed this week. Luckily Cal Poly's kicker missed a chip shot field goal at the end of the game or you would have 3 losses.
UMASS, UNH, JMU, Richmond and Villanova are better, and if Delaware played them, I'd take the Hens (even with their QB woes).

And I'm sure you would have taken those teams in the past as well because you are familiar with those teams and think they would win. You would have been wrong as often as you had been right. The other thing about this is that with the 6 teams you have listed there you can come up with one more NC than Montana has. Sometimes they're better and some times they are not so saying with certainty that they are better is really pointless isn't it?

Wolfman
October 5th, 2008, 07:01 PM

Crack is never a healthy thing. We couldn't beat Western Montana by 30.

Wolfman
October 5th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Weber was bigger, stronger and faster then Montana on Saturday. As long as BH has been the coach I have never seen such sloppy play in back to back games! BH has always been that coach that fixes a problem quickly but the strange issues with special teams and the jelly fingers may be too big a problem to re-align. We are making the mistakes that the other teams constantly make against the Griz!! Next week may be the defining game for both EWU and UM. A loss for EWU and the season could be over! as for the Griz there will be no wiggle room but the post season is still possible! Very excited to see how the youngins respond! go Griz!!!!!

What no Griz fan wants to admit, but what this Griz fans understands, is that the talent level at UM has sunken to a new low since Don Read first became our head coach. We used to be 2 or 3 deep at every position. Now, we can not even field a starter who is up to Big Sky standards at many positions.

Our linebackers are Div II caliber, as are our running backs. Our wide receivers can not catch the ball, are not very quick (except Mariani), and have average, at best, speed.

So, you hope and pray that the team which was embarrassed on Saturday was an aberration. But, intelligent football fans are able to see through the Griz-hype, and analyze the strengths and weaknesses of this team.

We are a middle-of-the-pack Big Sky team this year, who will lose at least 3 conference games, and may not make the playoffs.

But there is more bad news. Our team next year will be even worse. Do the mental gymnastics of penciling-in a starting offense next season. It will scare the hell out of any Griz fan!

Yep. Hauck has suceeded in bring our once-proud program down. I hope that all of his supporters are happy.

Wolfman
October 5th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I will bet anyone that Montana does not finish in the Top 15 this season. We will let argh! hold the money until the final polls. Any takers?

DuckDuckGriz
October 5th, 2008, 07:15 PM
What no Griz fan wants to admit, but what this Griz fans understands, is that the talent level at UM has sunken to a new low since Don Read first became our head coach. We used to be 2 or 3 deep at every position. Now, we can not even field a starter who is up to Big Sky standards at many positions.

Our linebackers are Div II caliber, as are our running backs. Our wide receivers can not catch the ball, are not very quick (except Mariani), and have average, at best, speed.

So, you hope and pray that the team which was embarrassed on Saturday was an aberration. But, intelligent football fans are able to see through the Griz-hype, and analyze the strengths and weaknesses of this team.

We are a middle-of-the-pack Big Sky team this year, who will lose at least 3 conference games, and may not make the playoffs.

But there is more bad news. Our team next year will be even worse. Do the mental gymnastics of penciling-in a starting offense next season. It will scare the hell out of any Griz fan!

Yep. Hauck has suceeded in bring our once-proud program down. I hope that all of his supporters are happy.

Hauck is 56-15 as a head coach. Find anyone with a better record in FCS.

Facts are a bitch. Back to your hole.