PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Weber State...

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 04:52 PM
First win over Montana since 1998. I had plenty of excuses ready to go till we got shut down in the 3rd quarter....xlolx :(

On the brighter side, our 46-10 win over Southern Utah (who beat Youngstown) is providing some consolidation.

th0m
October 4th, 2008, 04:56 PM
SUU beat YSU? Whoa. Also takes some of the glow off of Liberty...

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 04:57 PM
SUU beat YSU? Whoa. Also takes some of the glow off of Liberty...

And might take the spotlight off Montana today?

I am bracing for when I Bleed Purple gets to the board - although he can talk all the isht he wants today.

th0m
October 4th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Yes definitely takes away the spotlight. But then although this was an upset, it was an anticipated upset. Of course, that doesn't mean jack when you're on the losing end. I for one am interested to see how the Griz will bounce back from this. This is good for the Big Sky in general (again, doesn't mean jack if you're a Griz fan)

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I think we will be ok. Young team - lotsa turnovers. However a game in Cheney isn't exactly the most ideal bounce back scenario.

Uncle Rico's Clan
October 4th, 2008, 05:10 PM
I think we will be ok. Young team - lotsa turnovers. However a game in Cheney isn't exactly the most ideal bounce back scenario.

We need to turn that place into Eastern-Washington Grizzly stadium again.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 05:11 PM
I agree. Like I said, I am still optimistic after today.

Uncle Rico's Clan
October 4th, 2008, 05:17 PM
I think one of our bigger problems today was our youth. Hopefully they pull something from this game and are able to rebound for next week. I feel like our passing offense may be able to get something going against Eastern.

Hellgate60
October 4th, 2008, 05:21 PM
I was really impressed with Weber State. They have a very good team. Smith and Higgins are scary good.

GrizRchattybound
October 4th, 2008, 05:24 PM
I agree. Like I said, I am still optimistic after today.

How can you be....we will be lucky to win a game in October.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 05:26 PM
How can you be....we will be lucky to win a game in October.

We really screwed ourselves in the kicking game and with turnovers - we gave Weber the ball in our own territory about 4-5 teams which amounted to 28 points. That's something you can work on, if it had just been Weber driving down the field the whole game I'd be pessimistic.

T-Dog
October 4th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Griz Nation will be very unsettled.

At least now we'll be undisputed #2. xthumbsupx

GrizzlyBill
October 4th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Yes indeed! Great game WILDCATS!!

You deserved this one.

grizbeer
October 4th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Great job Weber - Wildcat's Won. nice job. Not a Griz "loss", but a Weber butt kicking, well deserved. Good on them. Look forward to next week against EWU.

SeattleGriz
October 4th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Congratulations Weber.

I Bleed Purple
October 4th, 2008, 06:00 PM
We didn't play a style of ball to play with Montana like we have since 81-22. We played a style to dominate. Something I haven't seen (obviously) in years. Complete pounding. Had we played today against UNC, we probably would have won by 40. Montana's offense is good at the skill positions. O-line was shaky. Didn't want to run up the middle a lot. Montana's defense isn't great, especially on the D-Line. We'd get stuffed at the line, but the line was 5 yards down field.

I Bleed Purple
October 4th, 2008, 06:03 PM
And might take the spotlight off Montana today?

I am bracing for when I Bleed Purple gets to the board - although he can talk all the isht he wants today.

Um......WWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !