PDA

View Full Version : Elon looking balanced

ElonPride
October 4th, 2008, 03:29 PM
The offense really took care of things and the defense forced many FU turnovers.

This Elon offense is really starting to look balanced. They had another 200 yard day!!! Elon's offensive line has really matured since last season...

The defense did give up a lot of yards, but I'll take a 31-10 win over Furman any day!!!!

5-1 overall
3-0 in conference

GO ELON!!!

Elon Fightin' Christians
October 4th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Newsome is looking really good. He runs tough. Nice to see a good running game for a change.

GO ELON !!!

elon77
October 4th, 2008, 03:47 PM
The offense really took care of things and the defense forced many FU turnovers.

This Elon offense is really starting to look balanced. They had another 200 yard day!!! Elon's offensive line has really matured since last season...

The defense did give up a lot of yards, but I'll take a 31-10 win over Furman any day!!!!

5-1 overall
3-0 in conference

GO ELON!!!

Actually they had over 400 yards, over 200 on the ground.xbowx

apaladin
October 4th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Newsome is looking really good. He runs tough. Nice to see a good running game for a change.

GO ELON !!!

Congrats to the Phoenix. A shame that very few people care apparently.
Looks like Rhodes 8,000 seats is more than enough.

gophoenix
October 4th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Congrats to the Phoenix. A shame that very few people care apparently.
Looks like Rhodes 8,000 seats is more than enough.

Oh boy, and here comes the smack about attendance even though we were averaging almost 10,000 per game coming into this one. xrolleyesx

phoenixphanatic21
October 4th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Hey whatever. We get the wins and that is what matters most. I'm really impressed with every part of our team today, particularly the defense. They may have given up some yards, but they stepped up when it mattered most. And great to see our offense clicking, even though Bo was still injured and Hudgins didn't have his best game.
And I wanna see all those people who said we were overrated last week and see what they say now. First place in the SoCon feels real good.

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 4th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Congrats to Elon! Us Spiders have been pulling for you guys ... you're making us look really good! Keep it rollin!

ERASU2113
October 4th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Is the SoCon turned into a three-horse race?

ASU, Elon, Wofford?

I know App faces Elon the next to last week, and they are quickly one team I'm not looking forward to seeing in Kidd-Brewer

Granted we have GSU, Furman and Wofford first.

GreatAppSt
October 4th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Hey whatever. We get the wins and that is what matters most. I'm really impressed with every part of our team today, particularly the defense. They may have given up some yards, but they stepped up when it mattered most. And great to see our offense clicking, even though Bo was still injured and Hudgins didn't have his best game.
And I wanna see all those people who said we were overrated last week and see what they say now. First place in the SoCon feels real good.

I didn't say it last week, but I'll still say it now yer over rated.:D :p

Nice win!

whoanellie
October 4th, 2008, 06:10 PM
I'm very pleased with this effort. We will take the "W" and move along to Charleston for another murderers row event with El Cid.

GaSouthern
October 4th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Thank you Elon!

furman94
October 4th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Is the SoCon turned into a three-horse race?

ASU, Elon, Wofford?

I know App faces Elon the next to last week, and they are quickly one team I'm not looking forward to seeing in Kidd-Brewer

Granted we have GSU, Furman and Wofford first.

Wow... People pick FU to win the Socon; then they lose to a good Elon team on the road playing darn near aweful, then all of the sudden we are out of the race? What? Wofford? GSU? What happened last year Appies?Every team has that conference loss that really hurts, this could be that loss for us to turn around and move on. xpeacex

apaladin
October 4th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Unless I'm proven wrong ASU wins the SoCon with little resistance.

apaladin
October 4th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Wow... People pick FU to win the Socon; then they lose to a good Elon team on the road playing darn near aweful, then all of the sudden we are out of the race? What? Wofford? GSU? What happened last year Appies?Every team has that conference loss that really hurts, this could be that loss for us to turn around and move on. xpeacex

After watching that fiasco today who can blame them?

matfu
October 4th, 2008, 09:21 PM
I am still not sure how good Elon is, but after going to the game I am pretty sure they are much better than I thought they were. Each line of scrimmage is good, defenders are fast, they are not so one demensional on offense as in the past which has to help. I congratulate Elon for a great game. Having said that, Furman had a bad day and any team losing the turnover battle 4-1 is always going to be in big trouble. But you guys contributed to that. The interception in the endzone by Elon at 3-3 was huge. We score there and you never know.You all whipped us today. We will see what the rest of the season holds in store. I had never been to Elon and enjoyed it. I was surprised the crowd wasn't a little better but I realize you all are trying to develop the tradition of Ga Southern, App State etc. and that you have come a long way. Furman's crowds are disappointing at times also. Again, congrats on whipping us today!

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 4th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Great job, Ashbirds. You guys are certainly legit and your running game seems to have gained confidence. I think if you can put up 200+ rushing on Furman you can do the same to any team in the conference except for maybe Wofford.

phoenixsq
October 5th, 2008, 02:56 AM
Having been a Elon Phan since 2003 when they entered the SoCon, it is good to see us start to beat the "big" 3. Two out of three is great. The only team we have not beat in the conference is AppSt. I can remember when people were saying that we did not belong in the conference and how we were just a private school want-to-be big school. Let's now stop the overrated talk for this year when our only loss was Richmond early in the season.

All of us Elon Phans knew it was not the players but the coaching (three coaches in four years is rough on any player). Good job Lembo and staff, if we beat them with only "7000" in the stands, so be it. Go Hotbirds!!

The only thing I wish we could have is a good nasty rival within the conference. I do not feel that we have that yet.

ravens
October 5th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Unless I'm proven wrong ASU wins the SoCon with little resistance.

Elon is very good but I agree

PhoenixPhan06
October 5th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Having been a Elon Phan since 2003 when they entered the SoCon, it is good to see us start to beat the "big" 3. Two out of three is great. The only team we have not beat in the conference is AppSt. I can remember when people were saying that we did not belong in the conference and how we were just a private school want-to-be big school. Let's now stop the overrated talk for this year when our only loss was Richmond early in the season.

All of us Elon Phans knew it was not the players but the coaching (three coaches in four years is rough on any player). Good job Lembo and staff, if we beat them with only "7000" in the stands, so be it. Go Hotbirds!!

The only thing I wish we could have is a good nasty rival within the conference. I do not feel that we have that yet.

I agree, I wish there was that one game every year to look forward to. Maybe with a few winning seasons in a row, we'll pick up a rival somewhere along the line. At this point I'd have to say that GSU or ASU would be our biggest rivals but we need to win a few more games to really have a true rivalry with any team.

ElonFirefighter
October 5th, 2008, 10:49 AM
The less students in the stands means its easier for me to sneak down to the student section and sit in the front row.

matfu
October 5th, 2008, 12:53 PM
keep winning and the rivals will come.

elon77
October 5th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Great job, Ashbirds. You guys are certainly legit and your running game seems to have gained confidence. I think if you can put up 200+ rushing on Furman you can do the same to any team in the conference except for maybe Wofford.

Well then Riddle will just have to throw for 500 yards. The OL looks to be solid and is moving people off the line, I think barring injuries they will run and pass on Woffy.xnodx

RazorEdge19
October 5th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Well then Riddle will just have to throw for 500 yards. The OL looks to be solid and is moving people off the line, I think barring injuries they will run and pass on Woffy.xnodx

You may run and pass, but not for much.xwhistlex xwhistlex