PDA

View Full Version : Carolina's No.1

AppGuy04
November 3rd, 2005, 11:29 AM
http://goasu.com/?page=776&promotion=14

ASU Kep
November 4th, 2005, 12:01 AM
Suck it Clemson! Yah, I thought that was awesome...it'd be a lot better pic after the stadium expansion tho...KBS is a great place to watch a football game but it's sort of inadequate for "THE TEAM OF THE CAROLINA'S!" You hear that potential recruits? THE TEAM OF THE CAROLINAS! Eat you heart out too, Furman.

AppGuy04
November 4th, 2005, 07:40 AM
Suck it Clemson! Yah, I thought that was awesome...it'd be a lot better pic after the stadium expansion tho...KBS is a great place to watch a football game but it's sort of inadequate for "THE TEAM OF THE CAROLINA'S!" You hear that potential recruits? THE TEAM OF THE CAROLINAS! Eat you heart out too, Furman.

the expansion is coming, i kind of compare it to carter-finley, they had the hill and then converted it into seats, but obviously App will be on a much larger scale

i kind of like the hill, but I imagine it will be gone soon, and so will the old fieldhouse

SuperEagle
November 4th, 2005, 09:13 AM
this says it all:
NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
1. Furman 1
t2. Others 0
WOW. Football in the Carolinas is not very good. If in all classifications, between 2 states, you can only produce 1 NC that is sad. Are there any other 2 bordering states that are worse?
in Georgia alone we have GSU (6), GT (1), Valdosta State (1 or 2), I think even West Georgia may have 1 in the past 20 yrs. Heck, in 99 and 00 GSU went back to back and that is more Nat Titles in the past 20 yrs. than every school in those 2 states combined.
Heck, just to match Ga. in Nat.Titles it would take the Carolina's what, 1,000,000,000,000 years. :)

youwouldno
November 4th, 2005, 09:16 AM
I guess the writer thought the goal of I-AA football is to lose in the playoffs.

SuperEagle
November 4th, 2005, 09:19 AM
I guess the writer thought the goal of I-AA football is to lose in the playoffs.
LOL

Saint3333
November 4th, 2005, 09:46 AM
I guess you're still # 3, take pride in that FU.

dungeonjoe
November 4th, 2005, 09:49 AM
this says it all:
NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
1. Furman 1
t2. Others 0
WOW. Football in the Carolinas is not very good. If in all classifications, between 2 states, you can only produce 1 NC that is sad. Are there any other 2 bordering states that are worse?
in Georgia alone we have GSU (6), GT (1), Valdosta State (1 or 2), I think even West Georgia may have 1 in the past 20 yrs. Heck, in 99 and 00 GSU went back to back and that is more Nat Titles in the past 20 yrs. than every school in those 2 states combined.
Heck, just to match Ga. in Nat.Titles it would take the Carolina's what, 1,000,000,000,000 years. :)

your point is well made, but Clemson won the national championship in 1981.

Wofford played them that year and scored 10 points-- as many if not more than many of the tigers' opponents that year. I joke with my Clemson friends that the road to a national championship for the tigers has to go over the terriers!

bandl
November 4th, 2005, 09:55 AM
this says it all:
NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
1. Furman 1
t2. Others 0

The state of Virginia has only one NC.

UVA-nope
Virginia Tech-nope
Bill & Mary-nope
Hampton-nope
U Richmond-nope
JMU-yep

AppGuy04
November 4th, 2005, 10:06 AM
you guys act like NC's just fall off trees

ASU Kep
November 4th, 2005, 11:08 AM
the expansion is coming, i kind of compare it to carter-finley, they had the hill and then converted it into seats, but obviously App will be on a much larger scale

i kind of like the hill, but I imagine it will be gone soon, and so will the old fieldhouse

Nope. According to what they have out right NOW, the hill will remain as-is. If you go to goasu.com, they have a pretty cool pic of it. Basically, the home side will become the away side, with a double deck and box seats put on the east (current away side, I think).

Saint3333
November 4th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Kep come to the WCU game and some or all of those plans could change. There should be an announcement of at least part of the plan (field house) during halftime.

SoCon48
November 4th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Many of the ACC, etc. fans got all bent out of shape abut the article/poll.

It didn't seem to sink in that the article wasn't saying ASU could beat those programs on the field (although in given years, no doubt app could have taken a few of them, cause Geez some of the big boys had a couple sukky years).

The polling criteria simply sought to designate the most successful program over that period of time.

AppGuy04
November 4th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Nope. According to what they have out right NOW, the hill will remain as-is. If you go to goasu.com, they have a pretty cool pic of it. Basically, the home side will become the away side, with a double deck and box seats put on the east (current away side, I think).

that would feel weird to sit on the opposite side

SoCon48
November 4th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Kep come to the WCU game and some or all of those plans could change. There should be an announcement of at least part of the plan (field house) during halftime.

We could actually reduce our POTENTIAL capacity by using the bank end for the new field house.

Also, if we eventually chose to put permanent seating there instead as some people have advocated, it would be difficult to seat as many as when the bank is actually full..like the CCU game.

Not sure how many fans would want to sit in high level end zone stands. The grass bank is bad enough..but for some reason many enjoy the atmosphere and casualness of sitting there.

Hopefully, most of our seating expansion will simply come from adding a level to the East side.

SoCon48
November 4th, 2005, 11:36 AM
that would feel weird to sit on the opposite side

It would definitely divide our home crowd and split the home noise factor. Talk was to put the student section on the present "home" side and the paying ASU fans on the new side.

AppGuy04
November 4th, 2005, 11:47 AM
It would definitely divide our home crowd and split the home noise factor. Talk was to put the student section on the present "home" side and the paying ASU fans on the new side.

screw that, state does that and i hate it, all the freaking old people just stay seated the whole game, it sucks

youwouldno
November 4th, 2005, 01:42 PM
I guess you're still # 3, take pride in that FU.

I'll take the 1 NC and 3 NC appearances over 0 NCs and 0 NC appearances. You can take the dumb journalist's #1 ranking.

Black and Gold Express
November 4th, 2005, 02:04 PM
I'll take the 1 NC and 3 NC appearances over 0 NCs and 0 NC appearances. You can take the dumb journalist's #1 ranking.

Why am I confident that if Furman was rated #1, you wouldn't be calling him a "dumb journalist"? ;)

youwouldno
November 4th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Well, he'd be less dumb at least, since 1 time Furman did accomplish the goal of all playoff-eligible I-AA football teams, and 2 additional times was closer than App has ever been.

Saint3333
November 4th, 2005, 04:44 PM
It was not a slam, Furman was ranked above UNC-CH, NCSU, USC, etc.

SoCon48
November 4th, 2005, 04:57 PM
screw that, state does that and i hate it, all the freaking old people just stay seated the whole game, it sucks

My feelings exactly.

LarryBoy
November 4th, 2005, 09:37 PM
I'm fine with Furman's #3 ranking, but was surprised that App got #1. But, through the process that this guy decided on, it makes some sense.

Fellow Furman fans who have been whining over this--get over it.