PDA

View Full Version : DSU's Athletic Director resigns...

DSUrocks07
October 4th, 2008, 11:52 AM
DOVER – Delaware State athletic director Rick Costello resigned late today to accept a position in the athletic department at Rutgers University.

Costello, who signed a three-year contract at DSU in June 2007, will become Rutgers’ deputy director of athletics-finance and administration, according to a statement by Rutgers.

DSU has a press conference scheduled for Friday. No interim athletic director has been named.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081002/NEWS01/81002077/1002/rss

Well it was fun while it lasted.... xsmhx

Intrepid
October 4th, 2008, 11:56 AM
The moment he was hired, I knew he wouldn't be there for too many months...

Intrepid
October 4th, 2008, 11:58 AM
By the way,

DSU vs HU in couple minutes...

Syntax Error
October 4th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Good news? Bad news? How will this affect the football Hornets?

TexasTerror
October 4th, 2008, 12:04 PM

Bad news -- unless they find a very suitable replacement. Seemed this guy brought all sorts of new ideas and energy to the Delaware State program, at least that's the image I got from afar, reading about DelSt and him particularly, on this board...

DSUrocks07
October 4th, 2008, 03:12 PM

That depends on who we get to replace him. Costello faced the same hurdles that Sessoms faced in regard to athletics. The Alumni, (well at least the most vocal ones), were vigorously against any form of change. After Sessoms bolted for UDC, Costello probably saw the writing on the wall. We need to have an administration that is committed to the DSU athletic programs, and a long term AD who will want to be part of the growth and expansion of DSU athletics. But being a part of the "lower-tier" FCS, will make that hard to do.

DSUrocks07
October 4th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Bad news -- unless they find a very suitable replacement. Seemed this guy brought all sorts of new ideas and energy to the Delaware State program, at least that's the image I got from afar, reading about DelSt and him particularly, on this board...

xnodx

The next person needs to expand on that base. Otherwise we will see a very sharp regression xsmhx

Intrepid
October 4th, 2008, 03:18 PM
I wonder if Al Lavan and Greg will be the next ones to depart....