PDA

View Full Version : The CSN Way

Grizzaholic
October 3rd, 2008, 12:40 PM
Here you go folks.

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5&title=the-csn-way-the-p-word&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Proud Griz Man
October 3rd, 2008, 01:33 PM
Here you go folks.

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5&title=the-csn-way-the-p-word&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

BK's article:

No. 13 Southern Illinois (2-1, 1-0) @ No. 17 North Dakota State (2-2, 0-1)
The Salukis are coming off the big last-second home victory over UNI last week while NDSU had a bye week following two straight road losses (to Wyoming and Youngstown State).
Saluki Coach Dale Lennon returns to his home state and a venue where he was successful. Lennon led his North Dakota Fighting Sioux team to a 4-1 record in his five meetings with one of the victories coming in Fargo.
SIU also has had success against NDSU — going 2-0, including a final regular season game in Carbondale (9-0) in 2005. This game, however, is the first meeting in Fargo
This game likely comes down to who can run the ball better, and who can stop the run. NDSU allowed two 100-yard rushers in its last game against YSU. NDSU also needs to reduce turnovers — recording five turnovers against UNI.
SIU hasn’t fared well in dome stadiums having lost its last 11 contests played indoors. It should face a sold-out, homecoming crowd inside the Fargodome, too.
I think my idea of road teams winning being a rarity within the MVFC will hold true again this year and provide Lennon with a bad homecoming to his home state. I like the Bison by 10. NDSU 34 SIU 24.

No. 4 McNeese State (2-1, 0-0 in Southland) @ No. 23 South Dakota State (3-2, 2-1 in MVFC)
This is the best nonconference game in the FCS ranks this weekend. The Jackrabbits are coming off a come-from-behind victory at McNeese conference mate Stephen F. Austin 50-48. The Cowboys have yet to play a FCS?squad. The Cowboys’ lone loss came in the season opener Aug. 30 at North Carolina. After a three-week layoff that included the cancellation of a game against Cal Poly due to Hurricane Ike, the Cowboys showed no signs of rust as they pounded Southern Virginia, 63-7, Sept. 27, in Lake Charles. The Jackrabbits are expecting a near capacity crowd for their so-called Hobo Day. SDSU has been a different team on the road. With MSU having not played a team at our level yet, it is tough to say how good they are.
Two years ago, SDSU defeated the Cowboys in Lake Charles 20-17 in come-from-behind fashion. I think SDSU will find a way to win a close one in another come-from-behind victory. I like SDSU by a field goal. SDSU 31 MSU 28

No. 3 Montana (4-0, 0-0) @ Weber State (3-2, 1-0)
This Big Sky game might not be between two ranked teams, but Weber State likely should be. The Wildcats’ two losses have been to two FBS teams in Hawai’i and Utah. In both games, WSU showed good results offensively — averaging more than 35 points per game.
Montana is a team that is lucky to be undefeated in most experts’ eyes. Last week, the Grizzlies needed a last-second field goal to defeat DII Central Washington and needed a field goal miss in the opening game at Cal Poly to eke out those victories.
Weber State has not defeated Montana since a 27-20 triumph in 1998 at home. But with quarterback Cameron Higgins leading the passing attack that ranks fourth nationally, I think Montana might be ripe for an upset. I like the Wildcats by a touchdown. WSU 38 UM 31

Syntax Error
October 3rd, 2008, 01:39 PM
BK's article:xconfusedx That isn't the CSN Way.

This is: http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5&title=the-csn-way-the-p-word&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Great writeup by Chuck on FCS parity with Massey and the GPI.

Always great predictions:

“Does Duke Dog Love Horsemeat?” 35, “Brought to you by the letter H” 14.
Howitzers Pointed At Boone 36, M*A*S*H-pplachian 30
Dynastic Griz 28, Ogden’s Ocelots 22
Precision Cowpokes 32, Greased Jackrabbits 24
‘#1 For a Week 49', ‘We Wish We Could Be Nationally Ranked for a Week’ 12
Ball Boys 34, Riddlers 30
Rollin’ Ramses 49, Cowed Coyotes 12
Dry Cats 31, Wet Lieutenants 14
Flying Eagles 38, Grounded Elvises 14
Free Range Bison 28, Socked Salukis 21
Fightin’ Feathers 31, Whitney’s Warriors 22
Sixty Minutemen 28, Blue Hen Marsala 20
‘Donaldson: 45 rushes, 300 yards’ 42, ‘Washington: Not So Much’ 7
Ryan is the Hope 49, ‘We Won’t SEMO a Win Here’ 3
‘Washington, Not Ah-Nohld, Cleaned Up Sacramento’ 32 ‘There Is No Joy In Flagstaff’ 27
Man-Eating Killing Machines 37, ‘Come On Get… Sacked’ 6
Leopards Might As Well Be Walkin’ On The Sun 27, Black and Blue and Crimson 20
Men In Purple 38, Polhemus-Less Eli 20
Punchin’ Pirates 35, Humbled Hornets 10
‘You Don’t Have to Watch Dynasty…’ 31, Grumbling State 7
Heffalumps 44, ‘This Ain’t Concordia’ 20
‘I Knew I Should Have Made That Right Turn At Newark’ 31, ‘Not Quite NEC Championship Material Yet’ 7
‘Today’s Evan Sawyer’s Mean, Mean Drives’ 34, ‘Can We Suit Up Curry on offense?’ 17
Elated Aggies 30, Agonized Eagles 20
Coastal Carolina xx, Liberty xx <------ read it and see the prediction ;)

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

james_lawfirm
October 3rd, 2008, 01:57 PM
WOW! He picked The Citadel over App???

Maybe, maybe not. I think the team we will see tomorrow is more like the one App brought out at halftime of the Presbyterian game.

Both teams should know what to expect of the other. Which team can stop the other? We'll see. It ought to be a good one.

AppState
October 3rd, 2008, 01:58 PM
"#12 The Citadel at #2 Appalachian State. For Appalachian State (3-1), the preseason is over..."

Great research, Chuck.

Grizzaholic
October 3rd, 2008, 02:00 PM
"#12 The Citadel at #2 Appalachian State. For Appalachian State (3-1), the preseason is over..."

Great research, Chuck.

I had to do a double take on that when I was reading. Must have been a misprint.

Syntax Error
October 3rd, 2008, 02:00 PM
Great research, Chuck.WARNING!!!!! TYPO POLICE ON PATROL!!!!!!!!!! xrolleyesx

AppState
October 3rd, 2008, 02:08 PM
Great proofreading, Chuck.

DLS
October 3rd, 2008, 02:08 PM
WARNING!!!!! TYPO POLICE ON PATROL!!!!!!!!!! xrolleyesx

good one!xrotatehx

rep points for originallity.

appfan2008
October 3rd, 2008, 02:12 PM
yeah and he said TC was 2-2 which is also wrong!

Proud Griz Man
October 3rd, 2008, 02:12 PM
xconfusedx That isn't the CSN Way.

This is: http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5&title=the-csn-way-the-p-word&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1
xthumbsupx

I didn't represent it as such.

Syntax Error
October 3rd, 2008, 02:27 PM
I didn't represent it as such.Really? You posted it in the csn way thread. xcoffeex

Syntax Error
October 3rd, 2008, 02:29 PM
yeah and he said TC was 2-2 which is also wrong!
WARNING!!!!! TYPO POLICE ON PATROL!!!!!!!!!! xrolleyesxand the deputies too!! xeekx
Why not just email the columnist?

OL FU
October 3rd, 2008, 02:31 PM
Always entertaining and he is always willing to go out on a limb on a pick or two.

Since he picked FU, I hope he is 100% accurate this weekxthumbsupx

Hoyadestroya85
October 3rd, 2008, 02:36 PM
one thing that i'm beginning to notice about his predictions is that he wants to see villanova lose
there is no way that villanova loses by more than a touchdown..