PDA

View Full Version : NAU vs. Sacramento State

Jacks76
October 3rd, 2008, 10:36 AM
The Jacks take on the Sacramento State Hornets this weekend up in Flagstaff. Should be a good game. Look for the Jacks to win 27-13.

Paul

SactoHornetFan
October 3rd, 2008, 10:39 AM
I don't want to make a prediction on the score, but it will be within 7 points.

uofmman1122
October 3rd, 2008, 10:42 AM
I like the Jacks at home in this one. I think they'll prove their ranking.

CopperCat
October 3rd, 2008, 11:21 AM
Sac is improved. NAU is pretty darn good as well. Tossup in my eyes, maybe with the edge being NAU is at "home in the dome."

Jacks76
October 3rd, 2008, 12:14 PM
Jacks defense has been adequate this year. So far, so good. The run game has been good. The passing game adequate. We'll see against Sacramento State. Don't know enough about them this year. How have they faired in non-conference play?

Paul

already123
October 3rd, 2008, 11:18 PM
so far so good is right...I think that is about all we can say about NAU right now (with any conviction). This game should show both teams true colors

Green Cookie Monster
October 3rd, 2008, 11:34 PM
Stats are pretty equal. Should be a good contest. Souer's always has a well coached D.

Flagstaff is a beautiful area. Actually amazing if you are driving up from PHX or Vegas area.

Tod
October 3rd, 2008, 11:47 PM
I can't and won't predict this one. Sac seems to be a dramatically improved team, and NAU seems to be good (for them, which is usually pretty damn good).

Toss up. Good luck!

GOKATS
October 3rd, 2008, 11:54 PM
The Walkup is just too tough a place to play, have to give this one to NAU.

Green Laser
October 4th, 2008, 06:24 AM
Hornets 28
Jacks 17

Sac State has played fairly well in the Skydome, winning 3 of 7 games there with less talented and well coached teams than this crew.
We are down to our number #3 QB and will be missing #2 running back until after next week's bye but I understand that the Jacks have some injuries too. It should be a good game!

Jacks76
October 4th, 2008, 09:10 AM
You really think that Sac State can put up 28 on the Jacks D?

Paul

dbackjon
October 4th, 2008, 09:22 AM
You really think that Sac State can put up 28 on the Jacks D?

Paul

It is possible. NAU's overall D is ok. This will be a good test as to how good it really is.

ncbears
October 4th, 2008, 12:01 PM
It is possible. NAU's overall D is ok. This will be a good test as to how good it really is.

I would say your d is above OK. They're good. You've got physical corners and a top notch run defense. I was impressed.