PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire Spends $$ On Looming Home Playoff Game(s)

UNHWildCats
November 3rd, 2005, 10:10 AM
http://gamma.unionleader.com/article.aspx?articleId=97dbaa66-124b-4e10-b6ea-452d2bc99935

89Hen
November 3rd, 2005, 10:19 AM
Way to be proactive!

UNHWildCats
November 3rd, 2005, 10:26 AM
Cowell.... uh-oh! brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I would bet its warmer then say Montana at that time of year lol

grizband
November 3rd, 2005, 10:28 AM
If people think Missoula will be cold, they better hope they don't end up in Bozeman for a playoff game. December in Bozeman makes Missoula look tropical.

colgate13
November 3rd, 2005, 10:36 AM
You're all a bunch of sissies! Come to Hamilton in December! :nod:

UNHWildCats
November 3rd, 2005, 10:39 AM

sissies? LMAO nah i dont even own a jacket unless you count my NE Patriots windbreaker type jacket.

GannonFan
November 3rd, 2005, 11:33 AM
If people think Missoula will be cold, they better hope they don't end up in Bozeman for a playoff game. December in Bozeman makes Missoula look tropical.

Montana people are funny - only there could you find people that would say "No, it's the "other" part of Montana that's cold". For those of us not in Montana or North Dakota, you're all cold.

TigerFan17
November 3rd, 2005, 11:37 AM
Anyone else notice how they still managed to throw hockey coverage into the article? Hahahah...oh the A-10 north.... :p

UNHWildCats
November 3rd, 2005, 11:39 AM
Anyone else notice how they still managed to throw hockey coverage into the article? Hahahah...oh the A-10 north.... :p

We love our hockey :-D

grizband
November 3rd, 2005, 11:45 AM
Montana people are funny - only there could you find people that would say "No, it's the "other" part of Montana that's cold". For those of us not in Montana or North Dakota, you're all cold.
Very true, it is funny how you can argue about that. To me there is nothing better than a game in December, when we host a southern team.

wildcat_fan
November 3rd, 2005, 11:49 AM
"The first chores were to work on and improve the subsurface. Then the sod, 294 pieces of Kentucky bluegrass from a Tuckahoe Turf Farm site in Berwick, Maine, went down."

Let me tell you, that is a lot of hard work, even with a tractor. My husband and I recently put down 105 rolls of 1' x 9' sod in an old garden area. It was absolutely backbreaking work. I hope all this preparation work doesn't jinx the team. I get very superstitious about these types of things.

UNHWildCats
November 3rd, 2005, 11:54 AM
We love it too but we'd rather have the attention to your football team.

They did talk about the football team first in the article. LOL

DTSpider
November 3rd, 2005, 12:11 PM

I thought that it wasn't real football in the cold and/or snow since in those conditions the "better" team is unable to win. At least, this is what my UMass friends tell me. ;)

wildcat_fan
November 3rd, 2005, 12:12 PM
That's what they HAVE to tell you. heh . . . heh . . . heh.

UNHWildCats
November 3rd, 2005, 12:13 PM
I thought that it wasn't real football in the cold and/or snow since in those conditions the "better" team is unable to win. At least, this is what my UMass friends tell me. ;)

The NE Patriots have NEVER lost in the snow so that cant be true

henfan
November 3rd, 2005, 12:27 PM
I think it's great that UNH fans are finally starting to come out of the woodwork. Keep it coming, gals & guys.

UNHWildCats
November 3rd, 2005, 12:59 PM
I think it's great that UNH fans are finally starting to come out of the woodwork. Keep it coming, gals & guys.

I only found this place because I was looking for I-AA polls to compare how diff the wildcats were being ranked, but I'm sure glad I found this place its fun :-D

mainejeff
November 3rd, 2005, 02:02 PM
Good move by UNH to be pro-active, almost daring the NCAA not to give them a home playoff game by spending $30,000 up front on field repairs. They better win their last 3! ;)

Husky Alum
November 3rd, 2005, 02:05 PM
Hey UNH Fans, does Newick's take reservations??? ;)

This Husky fan may even come up for a playoff game and root y'all on.

GannonFan
November 3rd, 2005, 02:14 PM
Good move by UNH to be pro-active, almost daring the NCAA not to give them a home playoff game by spending $30,000 up front on field repairs. They better win their last 3! ;)

Still stuck on the "the NCAA is biased against New England schools in the playoffs" bit? Don't worry, UNH wins out, gets at worst the 2 seed, and gets all the games they want and play in up to the championship in cozy Durham.