PDA

View Full Version : Dakota Marker Tickets???

BirdieJack
October 2nd, 2008, 11:26 AM
Alright all you Bison Fans, I know you're all hoarding the tickets to the Annual Dakota Marker game, so us SDSU fans can't get up there.xsmiley_wix
According to your website the game is SOLD OUT already...so what's it going to take to get my hands on four of them??
Keep it clean and classy.xsmiley_wix

Heard a rumor that there isn't an allotment for SDSU fans, other than family of the team, so this is the reason for starting this thread a month and a freaking half before the game even kicks off.

Props on getting the FargoDome sold out this early for the "best rivalry in the midwest", but I would think it would be more fun if there were a few Jackrabbit fans at the game. Which at this point there will be a few, but not very many, if we can't get in the door.xoopsx

Go Jacks!!

BisonBabe
October 2nd, 2008, 11:28 AM
Alright all you Bison Fans, I know you're all hoarding the tickets to the Annual Dakota Marker game, so us SDSU fans can't get up there.xsmiley_wix
According to your website the game is SOLD OUT already...so what's it going to take to get my hands on four of them??

Heard a rumor that there isn't an allotment for SDSU fans, other than family of the team, so this is the reason for starting this thread a month and a freaking half before the game even kicks off.

Props on getting the FargoDome sold out this early for the "best rivalry in the midwest", but I would think it would be more fun if there were a few Jackrabbit fans at the game. Which at this point there will be a few, but not very many, if we can't get in the door.xoopsx

Go Jacks!!

I would think that SDSU would have received an allotment just like any other team. I would check first with your Athletic department to see if any are still available. If not check out the Ticket Exchange forum on Bisonville. Although this game is a much sought after one for tickets it may be difficult.

Go Bison
October 2nd, 2008, 11:45 AM

Go Jacks!!

Good luck is the best I can tell you. The good news for Jacks fans is the game will be on tv, so you can see the game. Last year the game was not televised even though FSN was very interested in showing the game.

P.S. It is not just the SDSU game that is sold out. Homecoming has been sold out for a long time now and so has the Western Illinois game.

NDB
October 2nd, 2008, 11:57 AM

Go Jacks!!

Sorry, Rabbit!

Ticks are for ....

Go Bison
October 2nd, 2008, 12:07 PM
One question, why didn't you get your tickets when they opened in August? I know a bunch of NDSU fans bought UNI tickets the first day it opened.

darell1976
October 2nd, 2008, 01:10 PM

Go Jacks!!

xeyebrowx HUH??

BisonBacker
October 2nd, 2008, 01:18 PM
check the Ticket Exchange over on www.bisonsports.net BIT had 4 he was selling.

NDB
October 2nd, 2008, 01:19 PM
xeyebrowx HUH??

sorry, forgot about UND v. Saint Cloud State. :)

Are you getting bored already with back-to-back bye weeks???

BirdieJack
October 2nd, 2008, 01:19 PM
One question, why didn't you get your tickets when they opened in August? I know a bunch of NDSU fans bought UNI tickets the first day it opened.

Got my Four!xthumbsupx ...I guess I'll know better in 2010! Found out SDSU was given it's normal section straight up from the goal-line, but all of them have also been sold out for weeks now.

Looking forward to my semi-annual trip to Canada, uh, I mean North Dakota!;)

Go Jacks!!

BirdieJack
October 2nd, 2008, 01:23 PM
xeyebrowx HUH??

I knew I catch a "fish" with that bait. Just like a UXD fan...just jonesin' for the old days.

Go Jacks!!

citdog
October 2nd, 2008, 01:26 PM
I THINK I SAW "DAKOTA MARKER" IN HER FEATURE FILM DEBUT......ANAL OLYMPICS 8

TheBisonator
October 2nd, 2008, 06:04 PM
I THINK I SAW "DAKOTA MARKER" IN HIS FEATURE FILM DEBUT......ANAL OLYMPICS 8

Accuracy, Liberty, Essential...

Kanitapja
October 2nd, 2008, 09:06 PM

Go Bison!!

Thanks. :D One thing's for sure - No other rivalry in the entire history of the Dakota Territory has ever sold out either the FFD OR CAS like this one has. The proof is in the numbers...xcoffeex

spelunker64
October 3rd, 2008, 07:21 AM
The less cow bell clanging, car keys shaking wabbit fans the better :D

darell1976
October 3rd, 2008, 10:30 AM
sorry, forgot about UND v. Saint Cloud State. :)

Are you getting bored already with back-to-back bye weeks???

I hope we are done playing them in football. And yes i am sick of the back to back bye weeks as week 1 of it is this Saturday so there won't be any football to see except the S. Illinois/NDSU game. Should be a good game.:)

darell1976
October 3rd, 2008, 10:31 AM
I knew I catch a "fish" with that bait. Just like a UXD fan...just jonesin' for the old days.

Go Jacks!!

Well hopefully UND will start scheduling the old NCC teams NDSU, SDSU, UNC. We need to get the old gang back together.xnodx

darell1976
October 3rd, 2008, 10:35 AM
Thanks. :D One thing's for sure - No other rivalry in the entire history of the Dakota Territory has ever sold out either the FFD OR CAS like this one has. The proof is in the numbers...xcoffeex

How many people fit at CAS?? I would think that UND-NDSU would be up there, even before the Fargodome/Alerus Center I would think that Memorial Stadium/Dacotah Field held more people.

AmsterBison
October 3rd, 2008, 10:42 AM
CAS can hold 16k apparently - if so, then estimates about Dacotah probably weren't that far off because Dacotah was bigger than CAS. Memorial was about 1/2 the size of Dacotah.

darell1976
October 3rd, 2008, 11:26 AM
CAS can hold 16k apparently - if so, then estimates about Dacotah probably weren't that far off because Dacotah was bigger than CAS. Memorial was about 1/2 the size of Dacotah.

16,000? Wow i never thought it was that much. SDSU/NDSU you guys win. xbowx

BirdieJack
October 3rd, 2008, 11:59 AM
16,000? Wow i never thought it was that much. SDSU/NDSU you guys win. xbowx

Actually, CAS is known as the Stadium that never sells out. From what I've been told, the ADept will sell GA tickets all day long...You'll be standing in one of the corners...but you'll be in the stadium.

There is talk that tomorrow's Hobo Day game against McNeese St. may break the record set at last years Dakota Marker game. It's going to be close, but IMO I don't think it will happen. My guess is Mid 15K.

Also, unlike many schools, including the one to our south...SDSU counts "Butts in seats" not "tickets sold/given away".
You should all see the "ticket revenue" number the State of SD puts out every year for the SD State universites. SDSU has more ticket revenue than all the other SD state schools combined(USD, DSU, BHSU, Northern).

How does NDSU/UND count...Butts or Tickets Sold/Given away?? Actually let's open up that question for all of FCS...Butts or Tickets Sold/Given Away...how does your program count??

Go Jacks!!

spelunker64
October 3rd, 2008, 12:02 PM
I think Tickets Sold, but I wish I knew the Butts in Seats numbers...

Kid Dakota
October 3rd, 2008, 12:23 PM
[QUOTE=darell1976;1132642]How many people fit at CAS?? [QUOTE]

Coughlin-Alumni Stadium is in its 47th season as home of the Jackrabbit football team during the 2008 campaign. The natural-grass stadium opened Sept. 22, 1962, when the Jacks lost a 9-7 decision to Arkansas State.

Through the first 46 years of operation, there have been 245 games against 55 different opponents at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium, with SDSU holding a 150-95 record (.612 winning percentage) on its home field. There has never been a tie game at CAS.

Since moving to the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision in 2004, the Jackrabbits have posted a 17-4 mark at CAS.

The largest crowd ever to see a football game of any kind in South Dakota came through the turnstiles on Nov. 17, 2007, when 16,345 fans watched the Jackrabbits defeat North Dakota State, 29-24, for the Great West Football Conference title. NDSU entered the game undefeated and ranked No. 1 in the FCS Coaches Poll. The previous single-game attendance record was set on Hobo Day, Oct. 19, 1985, when 16,193 fans saw SDSU defeat the University of South Dakota 24-12. USD also was undefeated and ranked No. 1 in the nation at the time.

TOP 10 CROWDS AT COUGHLIN-ALUMNI STADIUM
16,345 North Dakota State Nov. 17, 2007 W, 29-24
16,193 South Dakota Oct. 19, 1985 W, 24-12
15,866 South Dakota Oct. 18, 1975 W, 24-22
15,338 Stephen F. Austin Sept. 29, 2007 W, 45-0
15,248 UC Davis Oct. 28, 2006 W, 22-21
15,153 South Dakota Oct. 22, 1977 L, 10-15
14,503 Missouri-Rolla Oct. 22, 2005 W, 64-28
14,920 Texas State Sept. 22, 2007 W, 38-3
14,286 Augustana Oct. 8, 1988 W, 37-22
14,147 Augustana Sept. 28, 1974 W, 35-6

ATTENDANCE SURGE: The Jackrabbits have seen steady attendance increases since joining the Football Championship Subdivision ranks in 2004.
In its last season as a member of NCAA Division II, 2003, SDSU averaged 5,547 fans over six home dates. Average attendance grew to 9,652 in 2006 and a record 11,218 average attendance in 2007.
The Jackrabbits are on pace to surpass the attendance record this season, averaging 13,107 fans per game through two home dates.

darell1976
October 3rd, 2008, 02:47 PM
Memorial used to do what CAS does, at least for the NDSU games they used to use portable bleachers and place them in the end zones so they could have up to 15000, when they have only 10,000 actuall seats. Alerus i think only counts tickets sold although there is contraversey on what is considered a seat is it including suites or not, so i think for the Alerus its 10,000+ but still not close to 16000 like SDSU or almost 19000 like in Fargo.

90BISON
October 3rd, 2008, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=darell1976;1132642]How many people fit at CAS?? [QUOTE]

Coughlin-Alumni Stadium is in its 47th season as home of the Jackrabbit football team during the 2008 campaign. The natural-grass stadium opened Sept. 22, 1962, when the Jacks lost a 9-7 decision to Arkansas State.

Through the first 46 years of operation, there have been 245 games against 55 different opponents at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium, with SDSU holding a 150-95 record (.612 winning percentage) on its home field. There has never been a tie game at CAS.

Since moving to the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision in 2004, the Jackrabbits have posted a 17-4 mark at CAS.

The largest crowd ever to see a football game of any kind in South Dakota came through the turnstiles on Nov. 17, 2007, when 16,345 fans watched the Jackrabbits defeat North Dakota State, 29-24, for the Great West Football Conference title. NDSU entered the game undefeated and ranked No. 1 in the FCS Coaches Poll. The previous single-game attendance record was set on Hobo Day, Oct. 19, 1985, when 16,193 fans saw SDSU defeat the University of South Dakota 24-12. USD also was undefeated and ranked No. 1 in the nation at the time.

TOP 10 CROWDS AT COUGHLIN-ALUMNI STADIUM
16,345 North Dakota State Nov. 17, 2007 W, 29-24
16,193 South Dakota Oct. 19, 1985 W, 24-12
15,866 South Dakota Oct. 18, 1975 W, 24-22
15,338 Stephen F. Austin Sept. 29, 2007 W, 45-0
15,248 UC Davis Oct. 28, 2006 W, 22-21
15,153 South Dakota Oct. 22, 1977 L, 10-15
14,503 Missouri-Rolla Oct. 22, 2005 W, 64-28
14,920 Texas State Sept. 22, 2007 W, 38-3
14,286 Augustana Oct. 8, 1988 W, 37-22
14,147 Augustana Sept. 28, 1974 W, 35-6

ATTENDANCE SURGE: The Jackrabbits have seen steady attendance increases since joining the Football Championship Subdivision ranks in 2004.
In its last season as a member of NCAA Division II, 2003, SDSU averaged 5,547 fans over six home dates. Average attendance grew to 9,652 in 2006 and a record 11,218 average attendance in 2007.
The Jackrabbits are on pace to surpass the attendance record this season, averaging 13,107 fans per game through two home dates.

Kudos to you guys. With the year you guys are having so far, it should only improve.

Twentysix
October 3rd, 2008, 04:04 PM
Hmm until NDSU builds a bigger stadium (which wont happen for along time) i think im gonna start trading NDSU home tickets rather than stocks. :P

darell1976
October 3rd, 2008, 04:12 PM
Hmm until NDSU builds a bigger stadium (which wont happen for along time) i think im gonna start trading NDSU home tickets rather than stocks. :P

Of course they will they will just move the metrodome next to the airport.xlolx

JBB
October 3rd, 2008, 04:26 PM
I was just given 50 yard line tickets for tomorrows game. Be patient. All comes to he who waits! xlolx

The Border Marker is the largest sporting event in the history of the Dakotas. Both the Fabulous Fargo Dome and Caughlin have set records. Because it draws so much interest and is played between the only D1 FCS full fledged members in either state it has become the de facto "Football Championship" of the Dakotas. Winner takes all. By the time the other two schools achieve membership status the Border marker Dakota Football Championship will have been underway for about 10 years.

Kid Dakota
October 3rd, 2008, 09:22 PM
Memorial used to do what CAS does, at least for the NDSU games they used to use portable bleachers and place them in the end zones so they could have up to 15000, when they have only 10,000 actuall seats. Alerus i think only counts tickets sold although there is contraversey on what is considered a seat is it including suites or not, so i think for the Alerus its 10,000+ but still not close to 16000 like SDSU or almost 19000 like in Fargo.

I seen from the UND site it listed The Alerus seating at 12,325 or something like that but wikipedia list the capacity at: Football: 13,500

Capacity Concerts (full-house set): 21,000
Concerts (half-house set): 11,000
Theater: 4,600
Football: 13,500
Basketball: 9,500

That is a real nice universal facility, real nice. Not sure how easy it is to expand for football. I don't like the indoors part, football is to be played outside.

darell1976
October 3rd, 2008, 09:30 PM
I seen from the UND site it listed The Alerus seating at 12,325 or something like that but wikipedia list the capacity at: Football: 13,500

Capacity Concerts (full-house set): 21,000
Concerts (half-house set): 11,000
Theater: 4,600
Football: 13,500
Basketball: 9,500

That is a real nice universal facility, real nice. Not sure how easy it is to expand for football. I don't like the indoors part, football is to be played outside.

There is rumor they may be moving out of the Alerus in a few yrs. There is a project that is to build another indoor stadium over the existing Memorial Stadium that way its part of UND since UND does not own the Alerus its the city of Grand Forks. But all i heard is talk and rumor but i agree with you football should be played outdoors, but here is a stat that may or may not backup that statement, UND national titles outdoors 0 indoors 1, NDSU just the opposite 0 in the dome but many at Dacotah Field. So maybe the Fargodome is a curse that needs to be broken.