PDA

View Full Version : Western Carolina vs. Samford

Appaholic
October 2nd, 2008, 10:10 AM
Who's gonna win this SoCon barn-burner?

Let's see......WCU homecoming....weather will be perfect.....Samford has to travel.........Bulldogs by two.

The culture of losing in the Whee is too much even for Stonecold Butterbean to overcome in one season......

BTW, anybody know what the over/under is on total points vs fans in stadium?

ElonPride
October 2nd, 2008, 10:54 AM
No offense to WCU, but I think that Samford will win by 3 TDs. They are very well coached and have some good talent.

jus10asu
October 2nd, 2008, 11:00 AM
This is a big game for both teams.... it will show who is gonna be in the running for the SoCon title this year. This will be the first good showing to see how good ASU... Crap I'm on the wrong thread again...xoopsx

ElonFirefighter
October 2nd, 2008, 11:04 AM
Samford has talent, they will win the game

hoseman
October 2nd, 2008, 11:21 AM
Western has talent, they will win the game. (pretty deep isn't it)

cmaxwellgsu
October 2nd, 2008, 11:30 AM
Paint will also be playing against Dry this weekend. Anyone heard a spread on it yet?

jus10asu
October 2nd, 2008, 11:31 AM
Well its beginning to look like a toss up between nobody cares and Samford. The tension is building.;) ;)

appmaj
October 2nd, 2008, 11:31 AM
Western has talent, they will win the game. (pretty deep isn't it)

Samford has talent, they will win the game

Does it matter has talent, they will win the game

jus10asu
October 2nd, 2008, 11:36 AM
I have a strong feeling that the penalty yards will surpass the attendance total for this game.

CID1990
October 2nd, 2008, 11:45 AM
Both of those teams are better than Chatty at this point in the season. Sammy almost stole one from Elon. I voted 'does it matter,' but I actually think that if Samford wins this one and also beats Chatty, they could still steal one from one more SoCon team and finish middle of the pack.

The Cats
October 2nd, 2008, 11:53 AM
Paint will also be playing against Dry this weekend. Anyone heard a spread on it yet?

like anyone cares about the utc/gsu game xcoffeex

WCU LawCat
October 2nd, 2008, 11:58 AM
I hope most of you are suprised at how WCU rebounds Saturday. It looks like all of the Elon fans who had to clean out their BVD's last week have the rest of you thinking Samford will take down Western easily in Cullowhee on homcoming on a brand new field. The game will be televised on WLOS of Asheville.

With that said I believe Samford may have a little more to offer the leauge this season than we all thought but Wagner will expect WCU to win, the fans will expect WCU to win, and I believe this week the players for WCU will expect to win. WCU will show Samford a little different attack than Elon has.

ASU_MBA
October 2nd, 2008, 12:24 PM
Who cares......

better bring the No Doz or a case of red bull for this game

The Cats
October 2nd, 2008, 12:52 PM
Who cares......

If you don't care.... why waste your time posting about it... xflaggedx

ASU_MBA
October 2nd, 2008, 02:04 PM
I'll say whatever you want about how great WCU is at football...just please get those ugly cheerleaders off my screen before my keyboard is covered in upchuck

The Cats
October 2nd, 2008, 02:09 PM
...just please get those ugly cheerleaders....

Something is wrong here........you either need glasses or maybe it's you prefer male cheerleaders xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

ASU_MBA
October 2nd, 2008, 02:30 PM
like they say....you can put lipstick on a pig.......

The Cats
October 2nd, 2008, 02:34 PM
like they say....you can put lipstick on a pig.......

aren't we original today.... xnodx xnodx xnodx Stealing a line from Obama, how low will the asu guys stoop.

elcid96
October 2nd, 2008, 02:41 PM
It was posted here first. The big win for Samford this year will come against App State. They win by 3.

The Cats
October 2nd, 2008, 02:44 PM
It was posted here first. The big win for Samford this year will come against App State. They win by 3.

sweet....... xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xnodx xnodx xnodx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

appfan2008
October 2nd, 2008, 03:06 PM
the headlines sunday morning in birmingham...
SAMFORD WINS FOR FIRST TIME IN SOCON OVER HAPLESS CATS

hawkeye
October 2nd, 2008, 03:14 PM

Sniff sniff sniff.......I smell Dope!!xnodx

appfan2008
October 2nd, 2008, 03:22 PM

Oh Lord I hope not!

Ivytalk
October 2nd, 2008, 03:37 PM
Heads, it's WCU.

Tails, it's Samford.

Heads it is.xcoffeex

SU DOG
October 2nd, 2008, 04:14 PM
I think that the Dogs have a little more talent, BUT, I believe that Western will be sky-high with emotion, and it probably won't be easy. Also, the Cats had Liberty on the ropes as I recall. Of course I'm picking Samford. I also believe that it is way too early to call this game the "Battle for the Basement." It is a LONG way to go before that position can be determined. There may just be a few big surprises along the way.

catamount man
October 2nd, 2008, 10:02 PM
I'm just slowing, patiently, biding my time and counting the days. And WHEN that day comes............xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

The Cats
October 3rd, 2008, 10:41 AM
the headlines sunday morning in birmingham...
SAMFORD WINS FOR FIRST TIME IN SOCON OVER HAPLESS CATS

I'm sure you actually are talking about those "hapless mountaineers" falling to The Citadel ?????

Appaholic
October 3rd, 2008, 12:20 PM
I'm just slowing, patiently, biding my time and counting the days. And IF that day comes............xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

Even Job had his limits.........xwhistlex

Seven Would Be Nice
October 3rd, 2008, 10:23 PM
Samford wins 3-2

Appaholic
October 4th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Who's gonna win this SoCon barn-burner?

Let's see......WCU homecoming....weather will be perfect.....Samford has to travel.........Bulldogs by two.

The culture of losing in the Whee is too much even for Stonecold Butterbean to overcome in one season......

BTW, anybody know what the over/under is on total points vs fans in stadium?

I meant "Bulldogs by two touchdowns.......xwhistlex .........xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx