PDA

View Full Version : Big SWAC weekend

813Jag
October 2nd, 2008, 07:18 AM
Two games and four teams with alot to prove, this weekend is key. Grambling faces Prairie View in Dallas and Southern heads to Jackson to take on the Tigers. Southern and PV already have a conference win. Lots at stake in Dallas, PV hopes to end a 20+ year losing streak to GSU and prove they are a real player in the SWAC race.

SU/JSU is what it has been for a while and that is a huge game, people are heading to the stadium right now to tailgate. JSU has a two game winning streak in the series and the Jags hope to end it.

TexasTerror
October 2nd, 2008, 07:46 AM
Grambling's defense has been strong, but the offense has been suspect...

Wonder what PV team we will see -- the one that showed up against Morehouse last week or a team that can really knock some socks off...

You forgot to mention the big TSU-TSU game in San Marcos. Bobby Reid and company have been getting those morale wins the last few weeks. Thinking we'll know more after this weekend. Are those guys SWAC ready? Or did those wins really do nothing more than pad the W-L record?

813Jag
October 2nd, 2008, 07:50 AM
Grambling's defense has been strong, but the offense has been suspect...

Wonder what PV team we will see -- the one that showed up against Morehouse last week or a team that can really knock some socks off...

You forgot to mention the big TSU-TSU game in San Marcos. Bobby Reid and company have been getting those morale wins the last few weeks. Thinking we'll know more after this weekend. Are those guys SWAC ready? Or did those wins really do nothing more than pad the W-L record?
That game has nothing to do with the SWAC standings. It'll be interesting to see how the Tigers do. They come to Baton Rouge next week, that will tell if they are ready for the SWAC.

It's tough to gage PV, they are a team on the rise, but they haven't been tested yet. That's why this week is huge. Not being able to play the Sam Houston game hurts as well.

jstate83
October 2nd, 2008, 09:50 AM
Two games and four teams with alot to prove, this weekend is key. Grambling faces Prairie View in Dallas and Southern heads to Jackson to take on the Tigers. Southern and PV already have a conference win. Lots at stake in Dallas, PV hopes to end a 20+ year losing streak to GSU and prove they are a real player in the SWAC race.

SU/JSU is what it has been for a while and that is a huge game, people are heading to the stadium right now to tailgate. JSU has a two game winning streak in the series and the Jags hope to end it.

A few was down there yesterday claiming tailgate space.
They are pouring in now.xnodx

I expect the entire West Street side parking lot to be filled with RV's and tailgater's by 5pm today.
The closest hotel room now is in Vicksburg 40 miles away.

I get off work today at 5:30pm.
I'm off until Monday.

BTW:
This game is going to be even more packed if you can believe it.
Some smart person made this game highschool day also and 6 sections the upper bowl is set aside for highschool students.

Ticket sales wise, we looking at about 45,000 right now.
With the highschooler's getting ticket's at JSU for the day, recruiting, we may be talking over 55,000 in the stands for this game.

BRAAAAAAAAANR IT JAGS.xthumbsupx

BgJag
October 2nd, 2008, 09:53 AM
A few was down there yesterday claiming tailgate space.
They are pouring in now.xnodx

I expect the entire West Street side parking lot to be filled with RV's and tailgater's by 5pm today.
The closest hotel room now is in Vicksburg 40 miles away.

I get off work today at 5:30pm.
I'm off until Monday.

BTW:
This game is going to be even more packed if you can believe it.
Some smart person made this game highschool day also and 6 sections the upper bowl is set aside for highschool students.

Ticket sales wise, we looking at about 45,000 right now.
With the highschooler's getting ticket's at JSU for the day, recruiting, we may be talking over 55,000 in the stands for this game.

BRAAAAAAAAANR IT JAGS.xthumbsupx

what will y'all do if we wouldn't pack your stadium every other year?xthumbsupx

jstate83
October 2nd, 2008, 10:15 AM
what will y'all do if we wouldn't pack your stadium every other year?xthumbsupx

You know better.xnonox
We know how ya'll luv JACKTOWN.xthumbsupx

Business, restaurant's, club's and the "media" has been pubbing this game for the last 2 weeks.
I have gotten call's from people everywhere saying they are comming in for this weekend.
This shat feel's like a homecomming weekend here in Jackson.xlolx

Ya'll gonna bring a crowd but you know it would be uncivilized if ya'll packed our stadium and people here know it.xnodx

Ya'll gonna be surrounded on all side's again by the WHITE OUT this time instead of the BLUE OUT.xlolx

TexasTerror
October 2nd, 2008, 12:11 PM
That game has nothing to do with the SWAC standings. It'll be interesting to see how the Tigers do. They come to Baton Rouge next week, that will tell if they are ready for the SWAC.

It is VERY huge for the SWAC standings. To me, we could very well find out if TSU will have a chance in any games this year. If the Tigers get blown out by the Bobcats, I think they'll be lucky to be competitive in more than one or two games this year (UAPB and Valley, possibly)...

It's tough to gage PV, they are a team on the rise, but they haven't been tested yet. That's why this week is huge. Not being able to play the Sam Houston game hurts as well.

Yep -- this is the hurdle for them to overcome. If PV beats Grambling, that'd be a huge boost for their program...

813Jag
October 2nd, 2008, 12:41 PM
It is VERY huge for the SWAC standings. To me, we could very well find out if TSU will have a chance in any games this year. If the Tigers get blown out by the Bobcats, I think they'll be lucky to be competitive in more than one or two games this year (UAPB and Valley, possibly)...

Yep -- this is the hurdle for them to overcome. If PV beats Grambling, that'd be a huge boost for their program...
You've been around us (SWAC) long enough to know that the outcome of the TSU game will not have a huge impact on the standings. They could very well lose that game big and get hot or win it and cool off. (here's an example in 2004 Southern lost to McNeese and South Dakota State, sitting at 2-2 they proceeded to win 4 straight on the road) The SWAC always has and always will be unpredictable. There's no way that game has as huge of an impact on the standings as the PV/GSU or SU/JSU games have. It's an important game for their team as a measuring stick.

3rd Coast Tiger
October 2nd, 2008, 12:56 PM
Give it a damn break TT with your always trying to hold some weight of importance in EVERY DAMN thread on this board, TSPN, Bearkatfans, Bobcatfans, fillintheblankfans website.

Our game against Texas State holds no importance on how we will fair in the 2008 version of the SWAC as this author's thread expresses.

If we just so happen to defeat Texas State in San Marcos this weekend then GREAT! All 3rd Coast Tigers will be ecstatic! And you'll have a "Texas State University - San Marcos isn't a top tier SLC program this year anyway so count this as another morale victory" excuse.

However, Southern, Pine Bluff, Grambling, and Jackson State are SWAC games that would position us towards a SWAC championship should Prairie View faulter towards the finish line. xcoffeex

citdog
October 2nd, 2008, 01:19 PM
THIS WEEKEND IN THE SWAC IS CHOCK FULL OF PLAYOFF IMPLICATIONS...

OOPSxlolx

TexasTerror
October 2nd, 2008, 01:41 PM
They could very well lose that game big and get hot or win it and cool off. (here's an example in 2004 Southern lost to McNeese and South Dakota State, sitting at 2-2 they proceeded to win 4 straight on the road)

Difference is that McNeese and South Dakota State are solid teams and the SWAC has not beaten a strong FCS squad this century. The Bobcats, not so much so...and may be the only true judgment of the Tigers that anyone has before SWAC play -- but you are right, it has nothing to do with the game and we all know the SWAC and how "unpredictable" it is -- despite the fact the same teams have been in the cellar for the long run, same goes with the top...

If we just so happen to defeat Texas State in San Marcos this weekend then GREAT! All 3rd Coast Tigers will be ecstatic! And you'll have a "Texas State University - San Marcos isn't a top tier SLC program this year anyway so count this as another morale victory" excuse.

Morale victories are what sub-Div I wins are. TSU has not beaten a Division I team since 2006. Not sure they'll beat one this year either. If you beat the Bobcats, sure they stink -- but that's a program defining win for a program that has struggled against teams that could not play within 25-30 of the top SWAC teams, hands down...

3rd Coast Tiger
October 2nd, 2008, 02:18 PM
If it wasn't for the invention of the internet, you'd be in a cave somewhere.... nevermind. xlolx

TexasTerror
October 2nd, 2008, 03:24 PM
If it wasn't for the invention of the internet, you'd be in a cave somewhere.... nevermind. xlolx

I won't beat the proverbial dead horse, but I'm guessing your right, that'd mean I'd be at TSU...gotta watch out for those bats! xlolx

jstate83
October 2nd, 2008, 04:27 PM
THIS WEEKEND IN THE SWAC IS CHOCK FULL OF PLAYOFF IMPLICATIONS...

OOPSxlolx

Have your fine, outstanding CITTY Cadet's attacked band member's again.
OPPS.
I know you didn't want this out for public review.xlolx

Now if you don't mind, can we get back to our game SU/JSU.xlolx
And since when has the CITIDAL mattered in the playoff's anyway. xlmaox
You ain't done shat either.xlolx

This is just sad CITTY. (http://www.dailyprincetonian.com/2008/09/22/21470/)

“Some of [the cadets] started running towards us and ran back … but it didn’t seem threatening at all,” Simon Fox Krauss ’11 said.

Yet when the band tried to continue its march, Krauss said, the cadets surrounded the Princeton students and began booing loudly, linking arms to form a line blocking their path.

In response to the blocked path, Lucas Giron ’09, the band’s drum major, gave the order to “scramble” — break formation and leave.

Band conductor R.W. Enoch ’09 said that at this point, “a number of cadets broke ranks and got into physical altercations with some of our members.”

In the skirmish that followed, several band members were physically attacked and spit on, band members said, adding that at least one member had his instrument broken.

citdog
October 2nd, 2008, 04:35 PM
Have your fine, outstanding CITTY Cadet's attacked band member's again.
OPPS.
I know you didn't want this out for public review.xlolx

Now if you don't mind, can we get back to our game SU/JSU.xlolx
And since when has the CITIDAL mattered in the playoff's anyway. xlmaox
You ain't done shat either.xlolx

This is just sad CITTY. (http://www.dailyprincetonian.com/2008/09/22/21470/)

“Some of [the cadets] started running towards us and ran back … but it didn’t seem threatening at all,” Simon Fox Krauss ’11 said.

Yet when the band tried to continue its march, Krauss said, the cadets surrounded the Princeton students and began booing loudly, linking arms to form a line blocking their path.

In response to the blocked path, Lucas Giron ’09, the band’s drum major, gave the order to “scramble” — break formation and leave.

Band conductor R.W. Enoch ’09 said that at this point, “a number of cadets broke ranks and got into physical altercations with some of our members.”

In the skirmish that followed, several band members were physically attacked and spit on, band members said, adding that at least one member had his instrument broken.

WE SHOULD HAVE BAYONETED ALL THE YANKEE SCUM THAT DARED TO COME ONTO OUR CAMPUS......THEN ATE THEIR LIVERS

jstate83
October 2nd, 2008, 04:37 PM
WE SHOULD HAVE BAYONETED ALL THE YANKEE SCUM THAT DARED TO COME ONTO OUR CAMPUS......THEN ATE THEIR LIVERS

Yep.
Just as I thought.

Not so honorable after all. xsmhx
THUGS!!xsmhx xlolx

citdog
October 2nd, 2008, 04:46 PM
Yep.
Just as I thought.

Not so honorable after all. xsmhx
THUGS!!xsmhx xlolx

NOT WHEN GAYWADS, LONGHAIR HIPPIE SCUM, AND FOREIGNERS COME ONTO OUR CAMPUS CHANTING "1234 WE DON'T WANT YOUR ****ING WAR" AND "HEY HEY HOW MANY BABIES DID CITADEL MEN KILL TODAY"

THEY ARE LUCKY THAT THEY SURVIVED....

YOU CALLING SOMEONE ELSE A THUG........MADE MY DAY

Bearkat-Backer
October 2nd, 2008, 07:46 PM
NOT WHEN GAYWADS, LONGHAIR HIPPIE SCUM, AND FOREIGNERS COME ONTO OUR CAMPUS

I can never tell if you are joking around or if you really think you are living in the past.

citdog
October 3rd, 2008, 09:02 AM
I can never tell if you are joking around or if you really think you are living in the past.

it's not important for you to know......it's only important for ME to know!xnodx