PDA

View Full Version : WCU turf completed

The Cats
October 1st, 2008, 11:58 PM
Photo Gallery http://catamountsports.cstv.com/view.gal?id=35167

http://oxblue.com/pro/open/carolinagreencorp/wcuwhitmirestadium

Western Carolina Football Returns to Waters Field Practices on New Turf

Cullowhee, N.C. - The Western Carolina Catamount football team returned to the new turf at E.J. Whitmire Stadium / Bob Waters Field Wednesday morning as preparations continued for Saturday's Homecoming game against Samford. Kickoff is slated for 1:00 pm.

http://catamountsports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/100108aaa.html

andy7171
October 2nd, 2008, 07:09 AM
Very nice! But what's with nothing in the endzones?

AppAlum
October 2nd, 2008, 07:13 AM
Never seen WCU stadium, not very big is it?

appfan2008
October 2nd, 2008, 07:29 AM
Never seen WCU stadium, not very big is it?

no its not and the two times i went it didnt even fill up with asu coming in...

Appaholic
October 2nd, 2008, 08:21 AM
That's great!.....and no losses yet!......Enjoy that fleeting moment in time......

MoreheadEagle
October 2nd, 2008, 08:41 AM
That's a really nice looking field. I assume they'll put some logo or lettering in the end zones?

Appaholic
October 2nd, 2008, 08:43 AM
That's a really nice looking field. I assume they'll put some logo or lettering in the end zones?

"No Catamounts Allowed"

The Cats
October 2nd, 2008, 09:06 AM
no its not and the two times i went it didnt even fill up with asu coming in...

hopefully the asu faithful will stay away again this year......xthumbsupx

AshevilleApp2
October 2nd, 2008, 09:06 AM
"No Catamounts Allowed"

xlolx xlolx Good one!xoutofrepx

Appaholic
October 2nd, 2008, 09:24 AM
hopefully the asu faithful will stay away again this year......xthumbsupx

probably will.....it's not as if we haven't seen WCU get destroyed y App in the past.....just another re-run.......

ElonFirefighter
October 2nd, 2008, 09:27 AM
probably will.....it's not as if we haven't seen WCU get destroyed y App in the past.....just another re-run.......

Dont do that, the other 2 fans in the stands will get lonely

The Cats
October 2nd, 2008, 09:34 AM
Dont do that, the other 2 fans in the stands will get lonely

i guess eloan has some national attendance records I'm not aware of.... ??? xcoffeex

I've noticed that in the last two years, the eloan guys like to "pile on" after someone else does the ground work..... xoopsx xrulesx

ElonFirefighter
October 2nd, 2008, 09:37 AM
i guess eloan has some national attendance records I'm not aware of.... ??? xcoffeex

We at least sell out when app comes to town and were 5 times the distance from the school xthumbsupx Plus i had friends that went to WCU. I would ask them how the game went they'd replay "What Game???"

Oh yea Were breaking attendence records this year xrulesx xrulesx xrulesx

The Cats
October 2nd, 2008, 09:42 AM
We at least sell out when app comes to town and were 5 times the distance from the school xthumbsupx Plus i had friends that went to WCU. I would ask them how the game went they'd replay "What Game???"

Oh yea Were breaking attendence records this year xrulesx xrulesx xrulesx

it's a secret, but the last two times asu came to cullowhee, it was a sell out..... and we expect the same this year.

as for e-loan breaking attendence records, I'd expect them to.... those 5K records are not hard to break.... xrulesx xrulesx xrulesx xrulesx

MountainMan
October 2nd, 2008, 10:09 AM
Are they going to paint something in the endzones or what? Looks kinda funny to have them colored but not have writing...

Appaholic
October 2nd, 2008, 10:15 AM
Are they going to paint something in the endzones or what? Looks kinda funny to have them colored but not have writing...

see earlier post....

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48745

The Cats
October 2nd, 2008, 11:59 AM
see earlier post....

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48745

xdeadhorsex finally, something Appaholic does well

WCU LawCat
October 2nd, 2008, 12:14 PM
The AD didn't like the design for the letters in the end zone so they are leaving it blank until the off season so they can do it right.

ASU_MBA
October 2nd, 2008, 12:31 PM
When is the first home game on it so WCU can put some poop stains and skid marks all over the new turf

The Cats
October 2nd, 2008, 01:00 PM
When is the first home game on it.....

It's an asu fan.... they don't read very well either (or maybe they don't know how to click on the hyperlink to read the article), so I'll type very s-l-o-w-l-y and in large letters so they can understand....

t-h-e...f-i-r-s-t....g-a-m-e... o-n... t-h-e... n-e-w... t-u-r-f... i-s... t-h-i-s... S-a-t-u-r-d-a-y

AshevilleApp2
October 2nd, 2008, 01:19 PM
It's an asu fan.... they don't read very well either (or maybe they don't know how to click on the hyperlink to read the article), so I'll type very s-l-o-w-l-y and in large letters so they can understand....

t-h-e...f-i-r-s-t....g-a-m-e... o-n... t-h-e... n-e-w... t-u-r-f... i-s... t-h-i-s... S-a-t-u-r-d-a-y

Who are you losin... , er, playing?

Appaholic
October 2nd, 2008, 01:30 PM

I think he meant when is a real team going to play on this new turf?...ie; when is the next local HS game in Whitmire? xeyebrowx

JMU2004
October 2nd, 2008, 01:34 PM
I tell you what......JMU and WCU had better not EVER face each other. I think WCU copied our uniforms! They look exactly the same xthumbsupx

citdog
October 2nd, 2008, 01:38 PM
THOSE WCU CHEERLEADERS ARE PISSED THAT THEY CAN NO LONGER EAT THE GRASS AT THE STADIUM

Appaholic
October 2nd, 2008, 01:46 PM
I tell you what......JMU and WCU had better not EVER face each other. I think WCU copied our uniforms! They look exactly the same xthumbsupx

I agree.....but JMU's purple seems a little darker and they don't accessorize with the red purse like WCU....

ASU_MBA
October 2nd, 2008, 01:57 PM
JMU deserves to wear a helment and a uniform....wish I could say the same about the pussycats of WCU

AppState
October 2nd, 2008, 02:12 PM
Looks very good. Congrats.

The Cats
October 2nd, 2008, 02:14 PM
JMU deserves to wear a helment and a uniform....wish I could say the same about the pussycats of WCU

you seem to be obsessed with all things Western Carolina.... xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

Skjellyfetti
October 2nd, 2008, 02:17 PM

Western Carolina also threw in a modified Oregon State Beaver:

http://www.chriscreamer.com/images/logos/33/798/full/2568.gif

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11687&stc=1&d=1218766740

The Cats
October 2nd, 2008, 10:36 PM
JMU deserves to wear a helment.......

What's a helment ? xchinscratchx

Appaholic
October 4th, 2008, 11:22 PM
It must be reassuring to Catamount fans to know that the new turf apparantly will not affect the performance of WCU's football team. The more things change............xwhistlex

The Cats
October 5th, 2008, 11:12 AM
It must be reassuring to Catamount fans to know that the new turf apparantly will not affect the performance of WCU's football team. The more things change............xwhistlex

Words of encouragement, just what we needed!!!!! :( :( :(

catamount man
October 5th, 2008, 11:52 AM

And he wonders why I didn't return his text message the other night.xcoffeex

jonmac
October 5th, 2008, 12:27 PM

You and 'holic text each other? Rubff?:D

ASU_MBA
October 5th, 2008, 01:38 PM
New turf, new uniforms.....same result.......

ASU88
October 5th, 2008, 01:43 PM

Probably because he can't stop leaving his stupid phone in my car everytime he gets out!

GSUhooligan
October 5th, 2008, 05:18 PM
NEW TURF?!?!?!

xgiveadamnx

The Cats
October 5th, 2008, 11:20 PM
NEW TURF?!?!?!

xgiveadamnx

real classy..... your name says it all !!!!!