October 1st, 2008, 10:22 PM
I think CSU beats G-W.

ASU Tailgaiteer
October 1st, 2008, 10:45 PM
Im in agreement with the man from Elon

ditto

Hoseinexile07
October 2nd, 2008, 01:56 PM
LU wins, CCU players and students get arrested.

CSU wins and GW's season goes into the proverbial Bucs Stadium portapotty.

Richmond beats VMI by 13.

Whether we win or lose, Presbyterian will still play defense like France in 1940.

Bye week has strong first half, but SB wins it with a fieldgoal with 11 seconds on the clock.

kirkblitz
October 2nd, 2008, 02:26 PM
LU wins, CCU players and students get arrested.

CSU wins and GW's season goes into the proverbial Bucs Stadium portapotty.

Richmond beats VMI by 13.

Whether we win or lose, Presbyterian will still play defense like France in 1940.

Bye week has strong first half, but SB wins it with a fieldgoal with 11 seconds on the clock.

lol i liked that one xlolx

CSUBUCDAD
October 2nd, 2008, 02:34 PM
Liberty(by a ton)
Charleston Southern
Richmond(by a ton)
Presbyterian

ToTheLeft
October 2nd, 2008, 02:43 PM
LU
CSU
Richmond
NGU
Open

And as a bonus pick, LU over GW in Volleyball 3-1.

snakeeyes
October 2nd, 2008, 04:08 PM
If GW doesn't win this game, Patton should seek retirement. He is a joke. His staff runs that team, Pizzo should be the head guy. The staff gets no credit, while he is off playing golf. He schedules the big games like Miss State and Georgia Tech for his players to get killed (GT) and no extra dollars go to the coaches for recruiting, or any extra video equipment needed. He is such a joke.

CarolinaGirl
October 2nd, 2008, 05:15 PM
Liberty @ Coastal Carolina

Gardner Webb @ Charleston Southern

Richmond @ VMI

North Greenvile College @ Presbyterian

Stony Brook @ Open Date

LU at CCU - going to be a tough one but I'm standing by my beach chickens and think they will pull the upset at home

GW at CSU - Gardner Webb. This cannot even be a question...can it???

Richmond at VMI - Richmond

NG at PC - Not much choice but to take PC on this one

SB at Open Date - I have to take the home team as the favorite and pick Open.

jcmanson
October 2nd, 2008, 06:39 PM
GW at CSU - Gardner Webb. This cannot even be a question...can it???

Actually it can, CSU seems to be much improved and GW not so much.

IaaScribe
October 2nd, 2008, 07:46 PM
What Manson said. Tribble Reese has made a huge difference for the Bucs so far, and GWU was awful against the pass last week. Bomar, 5 TDs by halftime.

Seawolf97
October 2nd, 2008, 08:00 PM
I think we make it through this weekend without a lossxsmhx

ATrain
October 2nd, 2008, 09:03 PM
LU hangs on to a lead to win despite a furious 4th quarter rally by CCU.
GW over CSU
Richmond manhandles VMI
PC defeats North Greenville
Stony Brook squeaks by Open Date University.

BJuice
October 2nd, 2008, 10:04 PM

Richmond @ VMI

Stony Brook @ Open Date

Liberty - by 17

Charleston Southern - by 14

Richmond - by 20

Presbyterian - by 14

Stony Brook - in a blowout

The Cats
October 2nd, 2008, 10:39 PM

Richmond @ VMI

Stony Brook @ Open Date

g-webb1994
October 3rd, 2008, 10:55 PM
Snakeeyes, I think Patton may hang it up after this year....Pizzo is the logical choice to replace him with, and he could really breathe new life into the program with Patton out of the way.

Picks:

CCU 31 Liberty 27

G-W 24 CSU 21

Richmond 48 VMI 20

PC 41 NGU 14

Stony Brook 2 Open 0, a late safety clinches it.:)

bucman1
October 4th, 2008, 03:54 PM
csu 13 gwu 10. defensive game, obviously. csu kicked a fg with 5 seconds left to win

g-webb1994
October 4th, 2008, 09:55 PM
More proof that Patton needs to go gamble in Vegas on a permanent basis. Over 400 yards offense and crapped the game away. Of course, the G-W administration didn't fire Scruggs or the AD Burch during the whole academic fraud hoops deal years ago, Patton can milk the G-W coffers for as long as he likes, they won't fire him.

CSUbucFan
October 4th, 2008, 10:36 PM
CSU should have scored a lot more points, they shot themselves in the foot at many times during the game and let G-W hang around. The defense came to play and i dont think people realize how good CSU can be this year. Yea they are 2-3 but have had the hardest schedule in the conference so far i would say. Saw the end of the liberty and coastal game and i think both of them are beatable by the bucs.

kirkblitz
October 4th, 2008, 10:39 PM
im with ya gwebb, i know what its like to have a coach who can do anything wrong and suck as bad as he wants and still stick around because the admin loves him.

ToTheLeft
October 4th, 2008, 10:42 PM
CSU should have scored a lot more points, they shot themselves in the foot at many times during the game and let G-W hang around. The defense came to play and i dont think people realize how good CSU can be this year. Yea they are 2-3 but have had the hardest schedule in the conference so far i would say. Saw the end of the liberty and coastal game and i think both of them are beatable by the bucs.

2 weeks from today my friend, and the homecoming crowd will be out and ready to watch CSU play the "beatable" Flames.

Sly Fox
October 4th, 2008, 11:46 PM
You beat me to it, TTL. I'm driving from Houston for that one. Frankly I was disappointed to see the CSU game chosen for homecoming. But now that the Bucs are proving to be a tad better than the last couple of years it is looking more appealing.

That said, there is no way I see the Bucs rolling into Lynchburg and winning that game. If it were in Chucktown I believe anything is possible. But in that environment with potentially 20-grand (if the weather cooperates) it will be tough for the Bucs to hang.

Congrats to go out to CSU for getting it done today.

justsaying
October 5th, 2008, 02:11 PM

HA.. Not to take anything away from CSU, they got what matters and thats a win.. But GWU Should of blown this team out!!

FIRST DOWNS GWU 23 CSU 10

NET YARDS RUSHING GWU 161 CSU 37

NET YARDS PASSING GWU 310 GWU 166

TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS GWU 471 CSU 203

Possession Time GWU 39:45 CSU 20:15

The only Time CSU scored any points is when Their drive started at GWU's 35, 31 & 34

BOTTOM LINE.......... HORRIBLE COACHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It saddens me as a fan to see these kids play their hearts out, and it comes down to dumb play calling

BJuice
October 5th, 2008, 02:50 PM
But in that environment with potentially 20-grand (if the weather cooperates) it will be tough for the Bucs to hang.

"In that environment with potentially 20-grand"? Are you serious?

Charleston Southern has played at Miami (the "U") the first game for Miami in their new home and the Miami home opener. Attendance...48,119.

Charleston Southern has also played at Miami (OH) this year. A higher level of football with a crowd in the neighborhood of what they might see in Liberty. Attendance...13,833.

Many members of this team played last year in Hawaii. A nationally-ranked, BCS team. That is much more hostile than anything Liberty could even dream of. Attendance... 37,723.

I hardly believe that any crowd and "environment" that might await them at Lynchburg will bother them. The game is played on the field. If the Bucs go in prepared and play to the best of their abilities, the game will be close.

Beside, we don't need to look ahead. We have two road games before then. We need to win those two first before we talk about Liberty.

BJuice
October 5th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Buccaneers' Defense Comes Up Big as CSU Claims Big South Opener (http://www.charleston.net/news/2008/oct/05/buccaneers_defense_comes_up_big_as_csu_c56869/)

"What a win for this football team today," said CSU coach Jay Mills. "I can't say enough about the effort of our defense. They were on the field a lot and they gave up some yards but everytime they had to make a big play or a big stop, they were able to dig deep and get it done."

"The story of the game for me really was making a big play when we had to have it, whether it be on offense, defense or special teams," said Mills. "We had so many guys contribute to this victory today. We only had one turnover and we struggled some offensively, but when they had to make a big play, we hit a big pass to set up the field goal. We gave up some yards, but we created four turnovers on defense. Our freshman punter was outstanding, John made two big field goals, then Gerald had that huge return at the end of the game. It was a total team effort."

Good teams find a way to win when they might be playing their best. That is what CSU did against GWU.

The Buccaneer offense was very sluggish as the O-line had a rough day. When they gave the QB protection, good things happened.

The Buccaneer defense bent, but did not break. They came up with big turnovers at crucial times.

The Buccaneer special teams was great.

Go BUCS!!!

Sly Fox
October 5th, 2008, 03:56 PM
"In that environment with potentially 20-grand"? Are you serious?

Charleston Southern has played at Miami (the "U") the first game for Miami in their new home and the Miami home opener. Attendance...48,119.

Charleston Southern has also played at Miami (OH) this year. A higher level of football with a crowd in the neighborhood of what they might see in Liberty. Attendance...13,833.

Many members of this team played last year in Hawaii. A nationally-ranked, BCS team. That is much more hostile than anything Liberty could even dream of. Attendance... 37,723.

I hardly believe that any crowd and "environment" that might await them at Lynchburg will bother them. The game is played on the field. If the Bucs go in prepared and play to the best of their abilities, the game will be close.

Beside, we don't need to look ahead. We have two road games before then. We need to win those two first before we talk about Liberty.

Uh, how did the Bucs fare in those environments? xsmiley_wix

I promise you that we will have a much larger and more vocal crowd than what the Bucs experienced in Oxford, Ohio. And it will most certainly be a factor.

snakeeyes
October 5th, 2008, 06:21 PM
HA.. Not to take anything away from CSU, they got what matters and thats a win.. But GWU Should of blown this team out!!

FIRST DOWNS GWU 23 CSU 10

NET YARDS RUSHING GWU 161 CSU 37

NET YARDS PASSING GWU 310 GWU 166

TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS GWU 471 CSU 203

Possession Time GWU 39:45 CSU 20:15

The only Time CSU scored any points is when Their drive started at GWU's 35, 31 & 34

BOTTOM LINE.......... HORRIBLE COACHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It saddens me as a fan to see these kids play their hearts out, and it comes down to dumb play calling

I'll say it again, with stats like this - GWU/PATTON needs to go. Horrible Coaching.

g-webb1994
October 5th, 2008, 09:12 PM
I'll say it again, with stats like this - GWU/PATTON needs to go. Horrible Coaching.

Yep......xmadx

snakeeyes
October 6th, 2008, 04:39 AM
So g-webb, if alumni are interested in their program improving why don't they push the admin to do something about the head coach instead of being satisfied with mediocrity. From what I understand the staff is very frustrated but hands are tied.

Thumper250
October 6th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Charleston Southern is not as good a team as they were in 2007. They've got a great punter and a good kicker. The QB isn't as strong as advertised, at least he wasn't on Saturday against a very good GWU defense. No running game, which is odd because their OL is huge. They did little to impress. I expected a much better team.

Very lucky to win that game. The DL interception came on a play when the kid actually stumbled, fell down, and happened to be bouncing up as the QB tried to dump an outlet pass over the middle.

LU and CCU will beat them soundly, but they'll likely finish in third in the league this year, unless VMI figures out how to stop folks.

g-webb1994
October 6th, 2008, 01:26 PM
So g-webb, if alumni are interested in their program improving why don't they push the admin to do something about the head coach instead of being satisfied with mediocrity. From what I understand the staff is very frustrated but hands are tied.

Because the administration never has listened to the alumni or students, that dates back to the Chris White days, and the current President, Frank Bonner, was White's right-hand man. They don't give a ****, plain and simple.

BJuice
October 6th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Charleston Southern is not as good a team as they were in 2007. They've got a great punter and a good kicker. The QB isn't as strong as advertised, at least he wasn't on Saturday against a very good GWU defense. No running game, which is odd because their OL is huge. They did little to impress. I expected a much better team. Very lucky to win that game. The DL interception came on a play when the kid actually stumbled, fell down, and happened to be bouncing up as the QB tried to dump an outlet pass over the middle. LU and CCU will beat them soundly, but they'll likely finish in third in the league this year, unless VMI figures out how to stop folks.

I beg to differ. CSU is a better team than they were in 2007. We have more depth and talent than last year and just a better knowledge of how to play and what it takes to win a game, especially when you are not playing your best. That is game savvy.

Yes, the O-line had a terrible day, and from the sound of Coach Kelly, they know they were very bad. He was on them several times all day. I'm sure they are going to have tough week this week.

QB (Tribble Reese) is as advertised. A bad day by the O-line can make a QB look very bad. However, when he had time and wasn't on his back he was very good...as advertised.

On paper, LU should beat us soundly. They were the overwhelming favorite to win the conference. But, games aren't played on paper. That is why they are played on the field. We shall see in a few weeks. We can't look that far ahead. CCU, I see no reason to believe that they will beat us soundly. If the game (CSU/CCU) were a neutral site game, I'd say it is a toss up. If it were at CSU, I'd give the edge to CSU. Since it is at CCU, I'd give them the edge. It could clearly go either way this year. CCU beating CSU "soundly"? Sorry, I just don't see it.