PDA

View Full Version : History Maker

drpnut
September 29th, 2008, 02:37 PM
I find it interesting that no one is really talking about the history that Wofford made on Saturday night. Woffy is the only school to beat Ga South three times in Paulson.

Ga South talks all about their great tradition. And it is true they have a great tradition. I mean they have only lost like 20 games in Paulson. They keep getting ranked because of that tradition. And because of the great fan base and tradition it doesn't matter what their record is, it is one heck of a tough place to play. I wouldsay one of the top 3 toughest.

So out of respect for what little Woffy has done I would appreciate some love from the Ga South community. And please don't preface it with any excuses. Just accept the fact that Wofford really does own you guys. All we want to hear is that you fnally accept us as a legitimate, solid, kick a** program, who can year in and year out hang with the "Traditional" Big 3 of Ga South, Furple and Appy.

Nuff said.

Holla Back.

appfan2008
September 29th, 2008, 02:39 PM
this will be headed to the smack board shortly i would imagine...

drpnut
September 29th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Appfan2008

This is not intended to be smack, so why do you think it is headed there?

93henfan
September 29th, 2008, 02:44 PM
I'm sure you'd have been seeing this picture eventually, so I'll go ahead and post it now:

http://personal.georgiasouthern.edu/~jharnis1/images/flags.jpg

drpnut
September 29th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Ga South's tradition is precisely why Woffy's feat is all the more earth shattering.

93henfan
September 29th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Trust me when I say I know how you feel. I'm a Philadelphia Eagles fan. We're 12-5 against Dallas in this decade yet they have five rings and we have zero.

Sometimes you just have to accept your place in the world.

drpnut
September 29th, 2008, 02:55 PM
93henfan

I understand that we have no rings, but that still does not diminsh the fact that we own GaSouth.

I admit we do not have their tradition, rings, etc. But for whatever reason we own them at their house and no one can take that away from us, not matter how much it is rationalized.

I just want GaSouth to give us some props for what we have done to them.

RazorEdge19
September 29th, 2008, 03:11 PM
93henfan

I understand that we have no rings, but that still does not diminsh the fact that we own GaSouth.

I admit we do not have their tradition, rings, etc. But for whatever reason we own them at their house and no one can take that away from us, not matter how much it is rationalized.

I just want GaSouth to give us some props for what we have done to them.

I wouldn't go so far to say we own them at their house, but we've won there more then anyone else has, and we've done it more consistently in recent times. If the current trend continues for the next two-three seasons, then maybe we can say we own GSU.

Either way, it is not until Wofford earns a ring that says 'National Champion' across its face, that we can match the fanfare, majesty, and lore that GSU has.You can't discount a program's past accomplishments because of a lack of recent success.

aust42
September 29th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Georgia Southern is an empire in decline.

blueballs
September 29th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Georgia Southern is an empire in decline.

You're right... just check out the participation chart and game film from this past Saturday. On the last drive GSU had SEVEN freshmen on the field on offense... SEVEN, and still managed to come within a botched XP of a win.

The empire in decline is three plays from being defending conference champs and being in first place in the conference and ranked in the top ten this year. Enjoy it while it lasts because in a couple of years those 33 freshmen who played Saturday night (check out the participation chart) will be juniors and then seniors.

Now that I have effectively refuted that statement let me be the first to congratulate Coach Ayers, the Wofford program and its supporters.

Coach Ayers is simply amazing and nobody currently in our division- and perhaps in all of college football- has built so much from so little. (It must be noted though that Coach Ayers' achievements pale in comparison to what Coach Erk Russell did in the 80's starting from scratch and winning 3 titles in 8 years.) When you combine the small enrollment with the academics what they do is to be commended.

Wofford has some of the best fans in the division too... lots of good folks!

RazorEdge19
September 29th, 2008, 04:22 PM
You're right... just check out the participation chart and game film from this past Saturday. On the last drive GSU had SEVEN freshmen on the field on offense... SEVEN, and still managed to come within a botched XP of a win.

The empire in decline is three plays from being defending conference champs and being in first place in the conference and ranked in the top ten this year. Enjoy it while it lasts because in a couple of years those 33 freshmen who played Saturday night (check out the participation chart) will be juniors and then seniors.

Now that I have effectively refuted that statement let me be the first to congratulate Coach Ayers, the Wofford program and its supporters.

Coach Ayers is simply amazing and nobody currently in our division- and perhaps in all of college football- has built so much from so little. (It must be noted though that Coach Ayers' achievements pale in comparison to what Coach Erk Russell did in the 80's starting from scratch and winning 3 titles in 8 years.) When you combine the small enrollment with the academics what they do is to be commended.

Wofford has some of the best fans in the division too... lots of good folks!

I just figured I'd note this as well. Wofford had 7 freshmen on defense during that last drive as well...

blueballs
September 29th, 2008, 04:40 PM
I just figured I'd note this as well. Wofford had 7 freshmen on defense during that last drive as well...

I didn't know that... impressive.