PDA

View Full Version : Game of the Week - Week Six

89Hen
September 29th, 2008, 01:18 PM
You know the drill. Only I-AA vs. I-AA, sorry if your game isn't on the list. xpeacex

OL FU
September 29th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Since we didn't get the Cal Poly game, a chance to make sure McNeese is for realxnodx

PurpleandGold
September 29th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Will be the first chance to really gauge McNeese, but SIU @ NDSU is in conferenece, so it should be a tooth and nail fight. We'll see if SIU deserves that one first place vote.

appfan2008
September 29th, 2008, 01:26 PM
you cant beat 5 games involving 2 ranked teams... SIU/NDSU, TC/ASU, UD/UMASS, McNeese/SDSU, and FU/Elon

89Hen
September 29th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Since we didn't get the Cal Poly game, a chance to make sure McNeese is for realxnodx
I have a tough time using USD as a measuring stick yet. xpeacex

89Hen
September 29th, 2008, 01:28 PM
We'll see if SIU deserves that one first place vote.
If SIU does win I'll sure look smart for once. xsmiley_wix

appfan2008
September 29th, 2008, 01:29 PM

And you be joined by many others on the bandwagon

RabidRabbit
September 29th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Even though it will be a tremendous measure of McNeese (and SDSU), the game most critical to Rabbits rambling in MoValley play will occur about 240 miles north.

Does NDSU have a play-off caliber team? Can SIU do what no other MoValley contender has succeeded in doing? Winning that road win against a rated MoValley opponent?

Go Jacks!!!

Thump the Cowboys!

DetroitFlyer
September 29th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Oh come on.... How can you not have Campbell visiting Dayton?

89Hen
September 29th, 2008, 01:43 PM
If it allowed me 11 options, that was the next one in. :)

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 29th, 2008, 01:45 PM
it could mean no play-offs for UD or UMass at 2-3 in the first week of October

OL FU
September 29th, 2008, 01:45 PM

I hate drop down errorsxmadx

appfan2008
September 29th, 2008, 01:48 PM
If it allowed me 11 options, that was the next one in. :)

yeah i dont believe that...

Grizalltheway
September 29th, 2008, 01:48 PM

Good thing they're playing SDSU. Are you the announcer at our stadium by any chance? xeyebrowx xsmiley_wix

Seven Would Be Nice
September 29th, 2008, 02:17 PM
El cid vs App state, because an app state loss could be very bad for them. Elon vs Furman should be very interesting as well. This week the socon should start to sort out the pretenders.

89Hen
September 29th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Good thing they're playing SDSU. Are you the announcer at our stadium by any chance? xeyebrowx xsmiley_wix
Oct 4th, 2008 South Dakota (Youth Day) 6:05 pm
Oct 18th, 2008 at South Dakota State 4:00 pm

xpeacex

OL FU
September 29th, 2008, 02:29 PM

xpeacex

That is not what your poll says. :( Can I have my vote backxeyebrowx

RabidRabbit
September 29th, 2008, 02:35 PM

xpeacex

Whose is this???? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

McNeese?

If so the dates would be the backwards, not the opponents, and where playing. xoopsx

89Hen
September 29th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Since we didn't get the Cal Poly game...

I hate drop down errorsxmadx

xpeacex

That is not what your poll says. :( Can I have my vote backxeyebrowx
I think we have some confusion. You mentioned I didn't have the CalPoly game on the slate. I said that's because I don't think USD is a good measuring stick. Griz must have thought I was talking about McNeese?

Cal Poly hosts South Dakota this week and travels to South Dakota State in three weeks (bye in between).

McNeese travels to South Dakota State this weekend. xpeacex

kirkblitz
September 29th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Liberty V CCU

ATrain
September 29th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Liberty V CCU

Agreed

813Jag
September 29th, 2008, 02:40 PM
I'll give the homer vote and go with SU/JSU. Just because we have a two game losing streak to them. But there's also a HUGE game in Dallas: Grambling vs. PVU.

OL FU
September 29th, 2008, 02:53 PM
I think we have some confusion. You mentioned I didn't have the CalPoly game on the slate. I said that's because I don't think USD is a good measuring stick. Griz must have thought I was talking about McNeese?

Cal Poly hosts South Dakota this week and travels to South Dakota State in three weeks (bye in between).

McNeese travels to South Dakota State this weekend. xpeacex

Coitenly wasxnodx

Tealblood
September 29th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Agreed

a bunch of people are overlooking this one--the winner of this game could determine a playoff slot

yes I know a bunch of football is left but the winner of this game will have a shot at the playoffs

whereas the loser is more than likely eliminated from that convo

Grizzaholic
September 29th, 2008, 04:13 PM
I got NDSU losing

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 29th, 2008, 04:17 PM
SIU @ NDSU. Perhaps a conference game, but a BIG one for sure!

UD @ UMass - elimination game? Not yet, but it's close considering the remaining schedule for both schools.

McNeese @ SDSU a close third.

All other SoCon games are next! HA! ;)

citdog
September 29th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Liberty V CCU

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

the religious nuts versus the "mean machine" from j rueben long!

Ivytalk
September 29th, 2008, 04:24 PM
The Cit against ASU. Knobs invade Boone. Boone survives.

brownbear
September 29th, 2008, 04:36 PM

Campbell is on their longest winning streak in over fifty years

th0m
September 29th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Furman at Elon

siuham
September 29th, 2008, 05:49 PM
A lot of these games are huge if a certain scenario happens.

If The Citadel wins, that game is the biggest game of the week.

Will the Delaware/UMass game make or break their play-off chances?

If McNeese loses, does that mean they're overrated or SDSU is underrated? If McNeese wins, does that justify their spot or is SDSU just a poor team with a good first few games?

NDSU/SIU has huge implications on the MVFC. I wrote this out in a different thread, but, here's what I believe:

If SIU wins, they win the MVFC outright this season.
If NDSU wins, it's a 3-way tie for 1st in the MVFC this season.

And also if SIU wins, NDSU must win at UNI to be considered for playoff contention. I don't believe any team with 3 conference losses will get in.

LarryBoy
September 29th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Furman, Elon, App State, and The Citadel all have a chance to join Wofford in the "sitting pretty" group with a win this weekend. Not sitting too pretty, but decently pretty. I say (with admitted bias) that Furman/Elon is a more intriguing matchup, but if the Bellhops start bringing it in Boone, my eyes will be glued to whatever method I have of keeping up with that one.

blackfordpu
September 29th, 2008, 06:20 PM
SIU@NDSU

UNIFanSince1983
September 29th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Wanted to vote for Nicholls State vs UNI, but that is obviously not the game of this week. There were a few others I could have, but because of conference implications I had to go with SIU vs NDSU. I am kinda rooting for the Bison so we have a chance for the conference title still.

stevdock
September 29th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Honestly not a homer pick. I think the NDSU/SIU game is the biggest game based on conference title implications and it could a knockout punch to us. Plus we have got a very nice home winning streak going right now. It's gonna take something pretty special to beat us at home, but I think SIU has the talent to do it.

CID1990
September 29th, 2008, 07:00 PM
It strikes me as odd that the ASU-El Cid game is getting so many votes in this poll, while in the "Who will lose more SoCon games?" poll, The Citadel is one of the biggest vote getters.

Why is it that a team that conventional wisdom has losing more than 3 SoCon games can possibly be so important? Is it just because we are playing ASU, or is it because somebody is full of *****?

FCS Go!
September 29th, 2008, 07:23 PM
It strikes me as odd that the ASU-El Cid game is getting so many votes in this poll, while in the "Who will lose more SoCon games?" poll, The Citadel is one of the biggest vote getters.

Why is it that a team that conventional wisdom has losing more than 3 SoCon games can possibly be so important? Is it just because we are playing ASU, or is it because somebody is full of *****?

I voted for Citadel to lose the most games for just this reason (though I think GSU will actually lose more)- pi$$ed off Citadel fans are more entertaining than the like of GSU.

Teasing aside I think Citadel has a good shot in this game though I don't think its the game of the week. Too many "make or break" games(HU-Del St, ,SIU-NDSU & Del-UMass) on list and I want to see what McNeese can do.

SUjagTILLiDIE
September 29th, 2008, 07:49 PM
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2230/1687062/5387336/195991120.jpg
SU vs jSU.

ElonFirefighter
September 29th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Elon/Furman two top teams battle it out for first in the conf. Going to be ahigh scoring game just likelast year. Also it willbe down to the wire

Big Dawg
September 29th, 2008, 10:55 PM
You have to put FAMU vs. SCSU up there.

skinny_uncle
September 30th, 2008, 08:02 AM

If McNeese loses, does that mean they're overrated or SDSU is underrated? If McNeese wins, does that justify their spot or is SDSU just a poor team with a good first few games?

NDSU/SIU has huge implications on the MVFC. I wrote this out in a different thread, but, here's what I believe:

And also if SIU wins, NDSU must win at UNI to be considered for playoff contention. I don't believe any team with 3 conference losses will get in.
Pretty good summary.

skinny_uncle
September 30th, 2008, 08:03 AM

It was you???????????

appfan2008
September 30th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Looks like SIU and NDSU is running away with this thing... that will be a huge game for ndsu if they want to make the playoffs the first year they are eligible...

89Hen
September 30th, 2008, 08:32 AM
It was you???????????
xnodx I owned up to it on the poll thread.

KAUMASS
September 30th, 2008, 10:14 AM
The Delaware/Umass, Citadel/App. St & SIU/N.D.S. games are all worthy of game of the week. Playoff considerations on the line early for some of these teams.

KAUMASS
September 30th, 2008, 10:21 AM
xnodx I owned up to it on the poll thread.

I had SIU 6th. If SIU wins convincingly this week and my other top 5 teams lose or struggle mightily this week, I might put SIU at the top as well. Lots of football to be played this week.

RabidRabbit
September 30th, 2008, 10:27 AM

IMHO, Only the Jacks, should they go 8-4, with the 3 FCS losses being co-champs with the Jacks at 5-3 in conference would get in as an at large. With quality wins over McNeese and Cal Poly, WIU, YSU, and a total of 8 FCS wins (no non-counters on schedule), I'd think they'd have a better shot than others who've played any downer teams (non-schollies, 1st yr transistionals, D-II, or lower).

However, that also means Jacks need to win their next two at home vs. McNeese and Poly. NOT EASY! xbowx xbowx

RabidRabbit
September 30th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Honestly not a homer pick. I think the NDSU/SIU game is the biggest game based on conference title implications and it could be a knockout punch to us. Plus we have got a very nice home winning streak going right now. It's gonna take something pretty special to beat us at home, but I think SIU has the talent to do it.

Stevdock pegs this one. Lose this, and Bison will not make the play-offs UNLESS they knock off UNI in Cedar Falls in two weeks. Whatever visiting MoValley team manages to knock off the host of the top 6 will win the Valley this year.

SUjagTILLiDIE
October 1st, 2008, 01:25 AM
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2230/1687062/5387336/195991120.jpg
SU vs jSU.Check out this video. It was 2 hours before the game.

http://vod.themarchingnetwork.com/video/35bb2787-5dda-424b-a6c0-985f009b7d30.htm

siuham
October 1st, 2008, 01:29 AM
IMHO, Only the Jacks, should they go 8-4, with the 3 FCS losses being co-champs with the Jacks at 5-3 in conference would get in as an at large. With quality wins over McNeese and Cal Poly, WIU, YSU, and a total of 8 FCS wins (no non-counters on schedule), I'd think they'd have a better shot than others who've played any downer teams (non-schollies, 1st yr transistionals, D-II, or lower).

However, that also means Jacks need to win their next two at home vs. McNeese and Poly. NOT EASY! xbowx xbowx

Yup. Not gonna be an easy road for the Jacks.

elon77
October 1st, 2008, 07:32 AM
Liberty V CCU

WHAT?xconfusedx