PDA

View Full Version : Which Undefeated Team Will Lose First

UNHWildCats
September 28th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Other thread was good idea, here it is with a poll. Listed with team are it's next four games.

Grizzaholic
September 28th, 2008, 11:01 PM
I would like to vote for 2, maybe 3 losing next weekend.

WrenFGun
September 28th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Only two teams from the "big" FCS conferences. Kudos to UNH and Montana, so far. UNH and Montana with tough tests ahead though.

Peems
September 28th, 2008, 11:18 PM
The Griz have two very difficult road games coming up, if they can win those I'll be a believer. I think they could be the first to fall. Hope I'm wrong

GoAgs72
September 28th, 2008, 11:26 PM
I'm going with Montana. They looked beatable two weeks in a row against a questionale UC Davis and D2 Central Washington.

putter
September 29th, 2008, 12:16 AM
I'm going with Montana. They looked beatable two weeks in a row against a questionale UC Davis and D2 Central Washington.

The Griz could definitely lose as they face Weber and EWU back to back on the road but they got the game of the year from Davis (having watched the performance against NU) and tried the best they could to give CWU the game but hung on. I hope teams think the Griz are down..much better for them.

mvemjsunpx
September 29th, 2008, 12:24 AM
The Griz have two very difficult road games coming up, if they can win those I'll be a believer. I think they could be the first to fall. Hope I'm wrong

If the Griz can win those two, then they're looking at another undefeated season, a Robinson Award for Hauck, & a great shot at the national title.

However, it's more likely than not Montana will lose 1 of those games. EWU is good & there's no doubt this week is Weber's Super Bowl.

Tealblood
September 29th, 2008, 08:56 AM
I picked Liberty--they come to Coastal this weekend--Sat night 7:00

danefan
September 29th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Sacred Heart will lose this weekend. They are undefeated with HUGE wins over two DII teams, Marist and Iona. Whoopie.

And just wait, they'll probably be in the OVR category for the TSN and coaches poll today.

UNHWildCats
September 29th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Sacred Heart will lose this weekend. They are undefeated with HUGE wins over two DII teams, Marist and Iona. Whoopie.

And just wait, they'll probably be in the OVR category for the TSN and coaches poll today.
who you kidding... 4-0 with nothing but unimpressive wins, they'll be top 10 this week xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Ivytalk
September 29th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Prairie Viewxcoolx

Wolfman
September 29th, 2008, 10:28 AM
It is funny how Griz fans were saying that this was a rebuilding year before the season. Now, many of those same fans are talking "undefeated" The reality is that the Griz could easily be 1-3 right now.

The Griz lose the next two games.

No running game, shaky pass blocking, and a defense vulnerable to a good passing team (which both Weber and EWU are) will prove their downfall as they finally play two real teams.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 29th, 2008, 10:33 AM
It is funny how Griz fans were saying that this was a rebuilding year before the season. Now, many of those same fans are talking "undefeated" The reality is that the Griz could easily be 1-3 right now.

No running game, shaky pass blocking, and a defense vulnerable to a good passing team (which both Weber and EWU are) will prove their downfall as they finally play two real teams.

True that. Cal Poly was just a bunch of fakers that got lucky against a D-I team, and well, I'm sure those NFL scouts were only at WA-Griz to check out those butch Montana Cheerleaders. xoopsx xcoffeex

Bearkat-Backer
September 29th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Prairie Viewxcoolx

I don't think there is anyway Grambling is going to be able to pull off a win against PV this week and the only other test on there schedule is Southern. I think PV will run the table from here on out, but if it weren't for Ike they wouldn't even be in this discussion.xthumbsupx

Ronbo
September 29th, 2008, 10:51 AM

Coach Hauck said on his TV show last night we physically beat up Davis and that's why he believes they had the poor showing at Northeastern. They limped into that game.

813Jag
September 29th, 2008, 11:03 AM
I don't think there is anyway Grambling is going to be able to pull off a win against PV this week and the only other test on there schedule is Southern. I think PV will run the table from here on out, but if it weren't for Ike they wouldn't even be in this discussion.xthumbsupx
I'm not picking a winner but don't think Grambling won't be able to win this game.

Phrebert
September 29th, 2008, 12:18 PM
http://www.chasingthefrog.com/movie-villains/darth-vader/darth_vader3.jpg
I find your lack of faith in the GRIZ disturbing.

Bearkat-Backer
September 29th, 2008, 12:19 PM
I'm not picking a winner but don't think Grambling won't be able to win this game.

I don't think it is impossible, but I do think PV has built a lot of momentum so far this season and are going to be very hard to stop for any of the SWAC teams. Plus Grambling has had trouble getting there offense going so far this year for example only scoring 13 points Vs. Langston an NAIA team. Gramblings defense has been very good though.

Wolfman
September 29th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Gee, one out of three fans predict the Griz will lose first! How can so many national fans slight our boys, with the tough schedule we have played, and our sterling reputation of winning in the playoffs?

Wolfman
September 29th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Coach Hauck said on his TV show last night we physically beat up Davis and that's why he believes they had the poor showing at Northeastern. They limped into that game.

Another reason could be that they are not very good..........xeyebrowx

griz8791
September 29th, 2008, 05:59 PM
http://www.chasingthefrog.com/movie-villains/darth-vader/darth_vader3.jpg
I find your lack of faith in the GRIZ disturbing.

Now if you could just figure out how to gesture at opposing QBs and make them choke.

Green26
September 29th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Wow, what should Griz nation do? This is just amazing.

25 out of the 6683 registered posters on this board have voted that the Griz will lose first.

This is so discouraging. Besides Wolfman, I wonder if any of the other 24 have seen the Griz play this year?

Grizaholic17
September 29th, 2008, 06:16 PM
I believe that the Griz have a tough couple of games ahead of them. Teams play us like it's the championship. We are the team to beat. And teams will do all they can to beat us. But we always find a way. I don't think we will beat EWU, but I think we will beat WSU. that's why I picked Brown, because they're playing URI this weekend.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 29th, 2008, 06:21 PM

25 out of the 6683 registered posters on this board have voted that the Griz will lose first.

This is so discouraging. Besides Wolfman, I wonder if any of the other 24 have seen the Griz play this year?

Not in person, but I watched the Cal Poly and UC Davis games through BS TV (Bull *****, because of their crappy feeds). Weber gave you guys fits last year, and they're vastly improved and get UM in Ogden this year. Don't get me wrong, it will be a very close game, and I actually picked the Griz to win 31-30. But chances are, Griz will lose first to either Weber or EWU here in Cheney the week after.

Grizzaholic
September 29th, 2008, 06:25 PM

I predicted the Griz would lose atleast 2 games this year. Not sure who you are talking about. Please don't lump every Griz fan together. Please post names to back up your 'facts'.

GOKATS
September 29th, 2008, 06:37 PM

I am one of the 24 and I've seen all the griz games, thank you DVR. CP lost the game at the end (ala the griz/Wofford playoff game last year), the griz struggled with UCD at home but pulled it out late and beat DII CW with a last second FG at home. If the griz win the next two road games at WSU and EWU I'll tip my hat, until then......

catatac
September 30th, 2008, 04:23 PM
I believe that the Griz have a tough couple of games ahead of them. Teams play us like it's the championship. We are the team to beat. And teams will do all they can to beat us. But we always find a way. I don't think we will beat EWU, but I think we will beat WSU. that's why I picked Brown, because they're playing URI this weekend.

I get really tired of hearing that. Cal Poly peed down their legs and missed a chip shot field goal that would have won them the game. I will admit that some teams may get a bit more fired up to play you... but I've also seen teams freak out against you when they have the game in hand and give you the game. Kind of like when pro golfers choke against Tiger I suppose. xoopsx

Wolfman
September 30th, 2008, 05:51 PM

What you think does not matter. According to you, the Griz could beat the New York Giants.

The Griz will lose this weekend to Weber. Mark it down. Not because I want them to. Just because they will.

Green26
September 30th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Yes, the Griz could lose this weekend--as well as the next weekend and really any weekend. WSU and EWU have had the Griz game circled since last season. One of the many differences between you, Wolfman, and most Griz fans is that we support our team, and always think they can win. Whereas, you don't support the team, and frequently predict losses, which occasionally occur. You so desperately want to be right about BH not being a good coach, that you now want the Griz to lose.

As has been said about you before, even a broken clock is right twice a day. I believe you predicted a loss at Cal Poly. If the Griz lose, then you'll be trying to take credit for the "prediction". However, when your predictions of loss don't occur, which is frequent, you slink away and remain silent.

Another difference between you and most Griz fans is that if there's a loss, we will be looking forward to the next week and the rest of the season. With even 3 losses, UM will be in the playoffs with a first round home game. While I hope UM can win this weekend and next, wins now aren't as important as playing well and hitting on all cyclinders in November--and playing their best ball coming into the playoffs. That's what the UM coaches want and work towards.

Grizzaholic
September 30th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Yes, the Griz could lose this weekend--as well as the next weekend and really any weekend. WSU and EWU have had the Griz game circled since last season. One of the many differences between you, Wolfman, and most Griz fans is that we support our team, and always think they can win. Whereas, you don't support the team, and frequently predict losses, which occasionally occur. You so desperately want to be right about BH not being a good coach, that you now want the Griz to lose.

As has been said about you before, even a broken clock is right twice a day. I believe you predicted a loss at Cal Poly. If the Griz lose, then you'll be trying to take credit for the "prediction". However, when your predictions of loss don't occur, which is frequent, you slink away and remain silent.

Another difference between you and most Griz fans is that if there's a loss, we will be looking forward to the next week and the rest of the season. With even 3 losses, UM will be in the playoffs with a first round home game. While I hope UM can win this weekend and next, wins now aren't as important as playing well and hitting on all cyclinders in November--and playing their best ball coming into the playoffs. That's what the UM coaches want and work towards.

That is a little bit optimistic don't you think? 3 conference losses and a home playoff game???????? 3 losses and UM would be lucky to get into the playoffs.

Green26
September 30th, 2008, 06:44 PM
9-3 teams from the top 5 or 6 conferences should all be in the playoffs.

Homefield is determined by the amount of the team's bid, for all but the top 4 seeds. UM's bid will always get them a home game in the first round.

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 30th, 2008, 07:09 PM
That is a little bit optimistic don't you think? 3 conference losses and a home playoff game???????? 3 losses and UM would be lucky to get into the playoffs.

8-3 or (9-3 not sure how many game they play) Montana gets a home play-off game.
Not a seed, but a home play-off game.

GrizRchattybound
September 30th, 2008, 07:39 PM
I predicted the Griz would lose atleast 2 games this year. Not sure who you are talking about. Please don't lump every Griz fan together. Please post names to back up your 'facts'.

He gets a little fuzzy when you get real specific...we've watched his act for years, he just keeps moving on down the road like an old carnie.

I expect him back at eGriz any week now.

Most Montana fans know that a loss or two could be a real possibility.

I expect these next 3 weeks to be very tough.

I think Sac and Weber are both the 2008 BSC sleeper teams and will make the race very interesting.

mlbowl
September 30th, 2008, 07:58 PM
The Griz will lose this weekend to Weber. Mark it down. Not because I want them to. Just because they will.

So sayeth the nutty professorxrolleyesx

GrizRchattybound
September 30th, 2008, 09:05 PM
So sayeth the nutty professorxrolleyesx

What's that saying about a broken clock being right twice a day?

WildCat In The Hat
September 30th, 2008, 10:22 PM
He gets a little fuzzy when you get real specific...we've watched his act for years, he just keeps moving on down the road like an old carnie.
I expect him back at eGriz any week now.

Most Montana fans know that a loss or two could be a real possibility.

I expect these next 3 weeks to be very tough.

I think Sac and Weber are both the 2008 BSC sleeper teams and will make the race very interesting.

great line

UNHWildCats
October 4th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Brown and Lafayette are gone, Montana not looking good...

bjtheflamesfan
October 6th, 2008, 06:15 AM
WE basically lost about half the teams in this poll in one weekend: Brown, Lafayette, Prairie View, Montana

DetroitFlyer
October 6th, 2008, 08:10 AM

Well, nice win by Sacred Heart over the weekend! Could be a very interesting game with the Danes in a couple of weeks!