PDA

View Full Version : Montana @ Weber State

Pages : [1] 2

I Bleed Purple
September 28th, 2008, 04:33 PM
You can tell I'm excited, making this game thread a week in advance. Everyone has penciled in EWU and UM as BSC playoff teams. No one has given WSU a chance to go playoff bound. This week can change that. UM looks very vulnerable, why WSU has looked pretty strong so far. Hope to get a big crowd to drown out the UM drones on Saturday. I know my voice here will be enough against all the UM guys here, so bring it on! :D

alexale23
September 28th, 2008, 04:36 PM
GOOOOOOOOOO WEBER I wanna see it

I Bleed Purple
September 28th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Great, the first guy supporting us in this thread is a guy with a neg rep. Just great.

Ronbo
September 28th, 2008, 04:39 PM
It's nice to have a Weber fan post. It was years we never heard from anyone from Weber State. :) xlolx You guys were one of the schools that were posted when someone started a thread "What schools are not represented on the board?".

Peems
September 28th, 2008, 04:39 PM
I picked Weber third, and said they were the sleeper that could knock off either UM or EWU. I'll be honest I expected the griz to lose 3-4 games this year.(Poly, Weber, EWU, MSU) and they have pleasantly surprised so far. The Weber O is going to give our young D fits but so far the Griz O has looked not half bad, scoring at least 30 in all games. The last time we were in Ogden it was a shootout, and I think the Griz are ready for conference play to begin.

Griz 30 Weber 24

I Bleed Purple
September 28th, 2008, 04:40 PM
It's nice to have a Weber fan post. It was years we never heard from anyone from Weber State. :) xlolx You guys were one of the schools that were posted when someone started a thread "What schools are not represented on the board?".
Um...I mentioned Weber in that thread because I'm the only one outside of a couple that'll pop in and post once in a blue moon.

EDIT: Okay, it wasn't in that thread that I posted it. I posted a pic of the DEC in there.

GOKATS
September 28th, 2008, 04:46 PM
A Wildcat win this weekend wouldn't surprise me at all.

Green Laser
September 28th, 2008, 05:02 PM
This should be a great game. Weber is a very well balanced and talented football team with a lot of weapons. The Grizz will have to bring thier A game to hang with them.

Grizaholic17
September 28th, 2008, 05:04 PM
I expect a hard fought game. But Hauck will stress putting Weber State away this week in practice after our scare with Central Washington. He doesn't want us Griz fans up his back. The players will come out hitting hard like at Cal Poly. But I still expect a close one.
UM- 27
WSU- 24

alexale23
September 28th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Great, the first guy supporting us in this thread is a guy with a neg rep. Just great.

Not only do i have neg rep last year i broke the record for neg rep at like -2000

Grizzaholic
September 28th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Not only do i have neg rep last year i broke the record for neg rep at like -2000

What is it now?

Grizzaholic
September 28th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I have liked Weber since last year. They sure play interesting ball week in and week out. Saturday should be another one of those games where who knows what will show up, for both teams.

Gotta be realistic.

24 Griz
21 Weber St.

bshgriz
September 28th, 2008, 07:55 PM

Dude, you are pretty coolxthumbsupx

putter
September 28th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Weber has a very good team on O and their special teams. They will score points and I hope our offense stops the stupid penalties and moves the ball.

Griz 31
Webs 30

Wolfman
September 28th, 2008, 08:10 PM
The Griz have been playing with smoke and mirrors. They are young on defense, have no running game, and shaky FG game and pass protection.

Then, there is the coaching factor. The Griz finally reveal their weaknesses against a real FCS team, who has been battle-tested against better teams than the Griz, and played well against them.

While I want the Griz to prevail, it will not happen.

Weber 36

Montana 27

CopperCat
September 28th, 2008, 08:49 PM
The Griz have been playing with smoke and mirrors. They are young on defense, have no running game, and shaky FG game and pass protection.

Then, there is the coaching factor. The Griz finally reveal their weaknesses against a real FCS team, who has been battle-tested against better teams than the Griz, and played well against them.

Weber 36

Montana 27

You're not even a "fan" of UM, so why would you want them to win?xrolleyesx

Like so many other griz games in recent memory, this one should come down to a field goal, and it will be the griz kicking it. I won't give a score, but I don't know that UM can win every game in the closing seconds. If they want to win, they had better jump out early and hope the defense finds a rhythm in the second half.

I Bleed Purple
September 28th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I actually agree with Wolfman on the score. Imagine that. :D

catbob
September 28th, 2008, 09:47 PM
I'm pretty excited for this matchup. I've been on the Weber bandwagon since Higgins came on strong last year; I've always been a fan of Trevyn Smith.

Weber is one of the teams that consistently plays man-to-man defense (is this still true Wildcats fans?). If the Griz don't have more production from their running game, they may struggle offensively. I like the trio of running backs the Griz have, but none of them have produced with any consistency. And the Wildcat run defense is no slouch either.

Interesting matchup for sure; I might have to give the edge to the Wildcats in this one, but the Griz do have this guy named Mariani that no one seems to be able to stop. Man, that guy is a quiet kind of good.

I Bleed Purple
September 28th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Man-to-man? On the outside, yes. Don't remember seeing the corners in zone. The LBs will play a zone with safety coverage over the top. Problem is that the safeties will play one up one down and the up man can't cover the deep corners or fly routes, leaving the CB on an island.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
September 28th, 2008, 10:52 PM
I'm looking forward to watching the kitties loose 2 weeks in a row :D xlolx

In all honesty, I expect a tough game on both sides of the ball. I know everyone is jumping off the Griz Wagon, and that is OK. The Griz a doing just fine from what I can tell and they have that way of somehow, someway pulling it out. Not sure at what point everyone will stop calling it luck, but we will leave that for Wolfman to tell us xreadx xcoffeex I will pull for Weber and EWU when they aren't playing the Griz, I just love football ;) I may even try to do 3 games in 3 days, would be awesome. Watch Oregon State at Utah on Thursday night, BYU at Utah State on Friday night and then The Griz at the kitties. I know I am going to catch the last 2, not sure about tickets for the Utah/Oregon game. If I can find em, I am gonna try it. xthumbsupx

Peems
September 28th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Smith is the best RB in the Big Sky and outside of Noble the Griz haven't faced a true gamebreaker yet. I'm very nervous for this game. The Griz front has got get pressure on Higgins. Last week against CWU Reilly escaped a few sacks and really was never too hurried outside of them. The Griz had a definite speed advantage against CWU but against Weber it won't be as much. The honus will fall on the offense and if Cole takes all day like he has been it could be ugly.

catbob
September 28th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Yes that is what I mean, sorry. Should have been more clear - Weber's corners play man-to-man, most teams in the Sky run a combination of man-to-man and zone.

Proud Griz Man
September 28th, 2008, 11:38 PM

Weber 36

Montana 27

True to form, wolfie predicts a UM loss and blames the coaching.xeyebrowx

uofmman1122
September 29th, 2008, 06:14 AM
True to form, wolfie predicts a UM loss and blames the coaching.xeyebrowxYou expected anything less? xlolx

placidlakegriz
September 29th, 2008, 07:51 AM

Weber 36

Montana 27

Liar

EdubAlum
September 29th, 2008, 09:32 AM
i think i need montana to win this game. I really don't want some pissed off grizzlies when they come to cheney the week after, that and i'm scared about playing weber this year myself. they look legit.

BisonBacker
September 29th, 2008, 09:34 AM
You can tell I'm excited, making this game thread a week in advance. Everyone has penciled in EWU and UM as BSC playoff teams. No one has given WSU a chance to go playoff bound. This week can change that. UM looks very vulnerable, why WSU has looked pretty strong so far. Hope to get a big crowd to drown out the UM drones on Saturday. I know my voice here will be enough against all the UM guys here, so bring it on! :D

I am very impressed by the Weber St team this year. I think Montana is in for a struggle in this one. Should be a very good game looking forward to the results. Good luck to both the Griz and Weber St.

putter
September 29th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Has Etuati graduated yet? I remember his punt and kick returns. He is/was one dangerous player.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 29th, 2008, 10:23 AM
I am very impressed by the Weber St team this year. I think Montana is in for a struggle in this one. Should be a very good game looking forward to the results. Good luck to both the Griz and Weber St.

This is what many of the Griz fans were saying last year BB. Weber is a tough, tough team to get a win over. They are very solid and their record last year didn't express how quality they were. I don't think I Bleed is gonna find a lot of Griz fans that think this will be a walk over. They are a very solid team and I would very happy with a 1 point victory in double overtime against them. Anything more than that would be gravy. I'm not gonna pick a score but the Griz will be lucky if we can pull one out in Utah.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 29th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Has Etuati graduated yet? I remember his punt and kick returns. He is/was one dangerous player.

Nope. I believe this is his senior year. Good luck! xthumbsupx:D

Wolfman
September 29th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Liar

Don't speak for me meathead. Just because I am objective about our team, does not mean that I want them to lose. Wishing it happen will not make it happen.

Pedestrian sugar coaters like yourself should stay off of athletic message boards, and stop embarrassing yourself.

Wolfman
September 29th, 2008, 10:35 AM
True to form, wolfie predicts a UM loss and blames the coaching.xeyebrowx

McBride has forgotten more about football than Bobby will ever know. Weber outplayed us the last three seasons, and McBride clearly outcoached Hauck in each game, even with inferior talent. This year, the talent is equal, and McBride will prevail.

Wolfman
September 29th, 2008, 10:38 AM
You're not even a "fan" of UM, so why would you want them to win?xrolleyesx

Like so many other griz games in recent memory, this one should come down to a field goal, and it will be the griz kicking it. I won't give a score, but I don't know that UM can win every game in the closing seconds. If they want to win, they had better jump out early and hope the defense finds a rhythm in the second half.

I am a fan, just not a pin head like you. Try a dose of objectivity, you may find it refreshing. On second thought, I highly doubt it.

Wolfman
September 29th, 2008, 10:40 AM
I actually agree with Wolfman on the score. Imagine that. :D

If you agreed with me more, you would gain some credibility points. Sugar coaters should stay off of message boards. Posters need a gonad check before posting.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 29th, 2008, 10:42 AM
I am a fan, just not a pin head like you. Try a dose of objectivity, you may find it refreshing. On second thought, I highly doubt it.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Wolfman, you're about as objective as a used-car salesman. xlolx Except the car salesman has more class. xthumbsupx

CopperCat
September 29th, 2008, 10:45 AM

Wolfman, you're about as objective as a used-car salesman. xlolx Except the car salesman has more class. xthumbsupx

Damn, that's almost below the belt. But very funny nonetheless!!xlolx xlolx

Wolfman
September 29th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Damn, that's almost below the belt. But very funny nonetheless!!xlolx xlolx

Bobcat fans are easily amused, and their football team is a sterling example of that fact.

Wolfman
September 29th, 2008, 12:31 PM

Oh, that really hurt. Such smack I have never seen the likes of before.

I'd insult you, but you're not bright enough to notice.

Wolfman
September 29th, 2008, 12:34 PM

You're just pissed because your best player, Aaron Boyce, wanted badly to play for the Griz and not EWU, but Hauck would not take him.

alexale23
September 29th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Wolfman you are right unlike most people on here who think their team has no flaws and will go undefeated. Shoot Jmu is ranked #1 and has beat good teams I still dont think they will get out of CAA play without at least 1 loss.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 29th, 2008, 01:23 PM
You're just pissed because your best player, Aaron Boyce, wanted badly to play for the Griz and not EWU, but Hauck would not take him.

xlolx xlolx xlolx <---- that's me so very "pissed." xlolx

I'd love to see what you have (if anything) to back up that statement. Either way, you're wrong. I do believe Matt Nichols is our best player. And so far, Tony Davis has out-performed Boyce. xpeacex

I Bleed Purple
September 29th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Etuati--Senior
Smith--Junior
Higgins--Sophomore

As for coaching, well, McBride is a good coach. He does have issues which I don't need to really go through. He recruits fairly well out of state and isn't set into one offensive strategy.

But this is about the game. I'm hoping for 10k+ this week.

Wolfman
September 29th, 2008, 10:32 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx <---- that's me so very "pissed." xlolx

I'd love to see what you have (if anything) to back up that statement. Either way, you're wrong. I do believe Matt Nichols is our best player. And so far, Tony Davis has out-performed Boyce. xpeacex

Whatever. Why don't you ask Aaron yourself? He and his mother drove to Missoula (she is from Montana) to try to get Hauck to take him. Hauck passed. You know the rest of the story.

uofmman1122
September 29th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Whatever. Why don't you ask Aaron yourself? He and his mother drove to Missoula (she is from Montana) to try to get Hauck to take him. Hauck passed. You know the rest of the story.Wolfy proves he knows nothing about coaching football by thinking this is a big deal. xlolx

Stuff like this happens to every college coach at any level.

Are you gonna go snoop back on every kid coach Hauck had to pass on hoping you find someone who ended up doing well? For every Aaron Boyce that got away, there are 50 other kids that coaches pass on that don't end up being starting material. xwhistlex

Wolfman
September 29th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Wolfman you are right unlike most people on here who think their team has no flaws and will go undefeated. Shoot Jmu is ranked #1 and has beat good teams I still dont think they will get out of CAA play without at least 1 loss.

I know I can come across as an A-hole. But, if you got the constant name-calling (hater, bad fan, et al) that I get from these so-called Griz fans just because I am truthful about things surrounding our program, you would get a bit chippy too.

I have been a Griz fan longer than most of these guys have been alive. I have watched two undfeated Griz teams in 1969-70 play for the NC in the Camilia Bowl (sp). I have watched the program go down the sh#tter in the late 1970s and 1980s, playing in a second rate high school stadium. And, I have watched the magical restoration of the program under three great head coaches in the 1990s and early 2000s. I believe that this long tenure gives me a bit more perspective than most of these Jonny-come-lately Griz fans.

Our program will be O.K. Hauck will leave eventually, one way or another, and take our inept offensice coordinator with him. The, we can return to the greatness we had during the 15 years prior to his arrival. I will be a fan no matter what.

uofmman1122
September 29th, 2008, 10:45 PM
I believe that this long tenure gives me a bit more perspective than most of these Jonny-come-lately Griz fans.Awww, crap.

He found me out guys. I was born in 1988.

I'm such a bandwagon fan...xsmhx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Wolfman
September 29th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Wolfy proves he knows nothing about coaching football by thinking this is a big deal. xlolx

Stuff like this happens to every college coach at any level.

Are you gonna go snoop back on every kid coach Hauck had to pass on hoping you find someone who ended up doing well? For every Aaron Boyce that got away, there are 50 other kids that coaches pass on that don't end up being starting material. xwhistlex

I agree. But, he passed on Reilly, who would have been the first Griz QB ever drafted by the NFL, and he passed on Boyce, who will compete for the Payton award and play on Sundays next year. These two kids fell right into his lap, he did not even have to recruit them, and he passed,

I am merely trying to bring levity to a sugar-coated Griz world, in which Hauck has been annoited a recruiting genius. I knew better all along, because he was recruiting coordinator at UDUB when that program started it decent with Hauck's recruits. He has recruited the state of Montana well. That's IT! Period!

uofmman1122
September 29th, 2008, 10:55 PM
I agree. But, he passed on Reilly, who would have been the first Griz QB ever drafted by the NFL, and he passed on Boyce, who will compete for the Payton award and play on Sundays next year. These two kids fell right into his lap, he did not even have to recruit them, and he passed,

I am merely trying to bring levity to a sugar-coated Griz world, in which Hauck has been annoited a recruiting genius. I knew better all along, because he was recruiting coordinator at UDUB when that program started it decent with Hauck's recruits. He has recruited the state of Montana well. That's IT! Period!He gave us the best recruiting class we've had at Montana in a long time this year.

You're also going off of hyperbole. Who's to say that Boyce or Reilly would even have made it at Montana? Sure, they're playing good now, but you nor anyone else knows what would have happened if they had played here.

For all we know, they could have been terrible. They could have won us National Championships, but we'll never know.

My whole point is that you're making a big deal over nothing. xpeacex

I Bleed Purple
September 29th, 2008, 11:07 PM
I wonder if UM is going to do what all teams have done so far, set up the defense to stop Smith and play five yards off the receivers. We kill teams on slants and play action, and Smith hasn't been able to break through on a lot yet.

PhantomCAT
September 30th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Weber plays some serious SMASHMOUTH football. I've heard several griz fans discuss how beat up um was after last years meeting in Missoula.

My question for the day is: What do you think is in the minds of the defensive linemen concerning MR JD Quinn? I'm sure he will get booed like crazy.

DuckDuckGriz
September 30th, 2008, 12:32 AM
I know I can come across as an A-hole. But, if you got the constant name-calling (hater, bad fan, et al) that I get from these so-called Griz fans just because I am truthful about things surrounding our program, you would get a bit chippy too.

I have been a Griz fan longer than most of these guys have been alive. I have watched two undfeated Griz teams in 1969-70 play for the NC in the Camilia Bowl (sp). I have watched the program go down the sh#tter in the late 1970s and 1980s, playing in a second rate high school stadium. And, I have watched the magical restoration of the program under three great head coaches in the 1990s and early 2000s. I believe that this long tenure gives me a bit more perspective than most of these Jonny-come-lately Griz fans.

Our program will be O.K. Hauck will leave eventually, one way or another, and take our inept offensice coordinator with him. The, we can return to the greatness we had during the 15 years prior to his arrival. I will be a fan no matter what.

Three straight first round exits under Dennehy was glorious?

No one cares how old you are, how much $$, or who you claim to dine with. You just have a hard-on for Hauck and no life but to sit online pining about it. It's been funny to watch but sad at the same time.

GolfingGriz
September 30th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Weber plays some serious SMASHMOUTH football. I've heard several griz fans discuss how beat up um was after last years meeting in Missoula.

My question for the day is: What do you think is in the minds of the defensive linemen concerning MR JD Quinn? I'm sure he will get booed like crazy.

Probably nothing because he didn't throw the chopblock. If a WSU player wants to go after him go ahead. He'll take care of it even if he is hurt...seriously, that guy is intense on the field.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
September 30th, 2008, 12:54 AM
I may end up with a few extra tickets for this game. I'll know more in a day or 2. If I have extra, I might be sweet talked out of them for a beer or five :D PM me if you need tickets and I'll let you know what the availability is by Thursday.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
September 30th, 2008, 12:56 AM

No one cares how old you are, how much $$, or who you claim to dine with. You just have a hard-on for Hauck and no life but to sit online pining about it. It's been funny to watch but sad at the same time.

I'm gonna be sure and thank Utah State while I am there Friday for hiring Dennehy away xnodx

Screamin_Eagle174
September 30th, 2008, 01:18 AM
I don't think I've seen one Wolfie post that didn't involve either the words Hauck, sugar-coated, objective, or some kind of insult. xlolx

Tailbone
September 30th, 2008, 09:54 AM
I don't think I've seen one Wolfie post that didn't involve either the words Hauck, sugar-coated, objective, or some kind of insult. xlolx

He's holding back his favorite "big guns", soon it'll be "short-peckered friend, arse, lawsuit, freedom of speech".... etcetera ad nauseum.

Stevie D is a washed-up intramural softball player with a Napolean complex who (on the basis of his intramural participation) percieves himself to be a sports expert.

Mr. Pickle once related (bragged) how he played golf with Hauck (when Hauck was first hired)....I suspect, despite a million mulligans, that Hauck trounced him, thus the hard-on for the Griz coach.

GtFllsGriz
September 30th, 2008, 10:36 AM
This game and the one to follow (EWU) will set the stage for the season for the Griz. Two very very tough games and they are on the road. I won't even predict the outcome. Simply say that it is a huge game that will have playoff implications in the end.

elkmcc
September 30th, 2008, 10:49 AM
The Wolfman(s) have been playing with smoke and mirrors for so long he can't remember. I am dumb on defense, have to run from everyone, I'm lame, and shaky, FuG'ed in the head game and passed the point of no return .

Then, there is the coaching factor. When BH finally revealed my weaknesses against anyone with more than a 2" penis, I have held it against him forever. I am a walking abnormal psychology textbok who has been babble-tested against better lunatics, and played doctor with them or against them.

While I want to play with myself, it will not happen (can't).

Weber 36

Montana 27

Fixed it for ya.xsmiley_wix

Wolfman
September 30th, 2008, 11:21 AM
He's holding back his favorite "big guns", soon it'll be "short-peckered friend, arse, lawsuit, freedom of speech".... etcetera ad nauseum.

Stevie D is a washed-up intramural softball player with a Napolean complex who (on the basis of his intramural participation) percieves himself to be a sports expert.

Mr. Pickle once related (bragged) how he played golf with Hauck (when Hauck was first hired)....I suspect, despite a million mulligans, that Hauck trounced him, thus the hard-on for the Griz coach.

Why don't you and I play golf for $100 a hole, big man? Come on, you with the big mouth.

I have two UM varsity letters, and am a current member of the UM varsity club. And, you knucklehead, frquent only bars with a rainbow sign out front. Taliboner. What year was it that you came out of the closet? xwhistlex

Wolfman
September 30th, 2008, 11:26 AM

Are you lying to try to make a point, or just that uninformed? Dennehy's team played for the National Championship in 1996 against Randy Moss and Marshall. He only coached three years, and only lost in the first round in one of those years.

Fat, ignorant, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Wolfman
September 30th, 2008, 11:31 AM
He gave us the best recruiting class we've had at Montana in a long time this year.

You're also going off of hyperbole. Who's to say that Boyce or Reilly would even have made it at Montana? Sure, they're playing good now, but you nor anyone else knows what would have happened if they had played here.

For all we know, they could have been terrible. They could have won us National Championships, but we'll never know.

My whole point is that you're making a big deal over nothing. xpeacex

Oh puh-lease. Hauck's recruiting class this year is the best in a long time? And what, pray tell, measurement do you propose to make that brash statement? The hype these players had in the newspaper? Your post is laugheable.

The most hilarious part is when you say that Boyce and Reilly would have been terrible here at UM. Right on, brother. Hauck never likes to play those NFL caliber players, huh. ;)

GolfingGriz
September 30th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Are you lying to try to make a point, or just that uninformed? Dennehy's team played for the National Championship in 1996 against Randy Moss and Marshall. He only coached three years, and only lost in the first round in one of those years.

Dennehy in the playoffs
W VS. Nicholls State
W VS. East Tennessee State
W VS. Troy State
L @ Marshall

L @McNeese State

L @Western Illinois

L VS. Youngstown State

3-4. Three straight first round losses.

griz37
September 30th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Dennehy in the playoffs
W VS. Nicholls State
W VS. East Tennessee State
W VS. Troy State
L @ Marshall

L @McNeese State

L @Western Illinois

L VS. Youngstown State

3-4. Three straight first round losses.

Oh snap! xlolx

Grizzaholic
September 30th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Good luck on getting an answer on this topic.

GolfingGriz
September 30th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Back to the actual thread...
Who do people think will be the game breakers in this one? Offense and defense

DuckDuckGriz
September 30th, 2008, 12:12 PM

First of all - I love how you claim Bobby's success early on and to the 2004 NC game was because he had Joe Glenn's players. Nevermind the fact that Dennehy's 1996 undefeated team used Don Read's. By the way - here is Dennehy's playoff record:

1996 - lost NC to Marshall
1997 - lost first round to McNeese State 19-14
1998 - lost first round to Western Illinois 52-9
1999 - lost first round to Youngstown State 30-27

I may be fat, ignorant, and stupid, but you still make this way too easy xlolx

EDIT - just saw GolfingGriz's post. We are fat ignorant and stupid together

elkmcc
September 30th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Fat, ignorant, and stupid like me is no way to go through life, son.

Fixed it again for ya!xlolx

Peems
September 30th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Back to the actual thread...
Who do people think will be the game breakers in this one? Offense and defense

Not much here that will surprise people, but Smith and Higginsxeekx xeekx xeekx. We need Swink and Johnson to play their best game.

Wolfman
September 30th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Fixed it again for ya!xlolx

Real original. Someone told me you were a wit. But, we all know that they were only half right.

elkmcc
September 30th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Real original. Someone told me I was a wit. But, we all know that they were only half right.

Dang. Fixed it again for ya wolfy!

Wolfman
September 30th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Dang. Fixed it again for ya wolfy!

You're so good, you should get an agent and quit handling yourself....

Grizzaholic
September 30th, 2008, 01:13 PM
You're so good, you should get an agent and quit handling yourself....

Instead of causing every thread you post in to be derailed with snide comments, smack, and the like why don't you ignore people's rude comments and focus on the topic at hand instead of trying to one up everybody or give it back?

Montana @ Weber St.

GolfingGriz
September 30th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Instead of causing every thread you post in to be derailed with snide comments, smack, and the like why don't you ignore people's rude comments and focus on the topic at hand instead of trying to one up everybody or give it back?

Montana @ Weber St.

This thread is gone. It almost made it halfway to gameday...

Grizzaholic
September 30th, 2008, 07:31 PM
True.

Wolfman
September 30th, 2008, 08:38 PM

Montana @ Weber St.

Is that you, pot? Let me introduce you to kettle. We can't call him black any longer, it is not politically correct. Meet African American kettle........

I Bleed Purple
October 1st, 2008, 12:10 AM
*psst* I think he's off the board. He can't hear us... If we're quiet, we can talk about the game.

What are the papers and team saying they have to stop against Weber? And remember, keep the voices down.

GolfingGriz
October 1st, 2008, 12:31 AM
*psst* I think he's off the board. He can't hear us... If we're quiet, we can talk about the game.

What are the papers and team saying they have to stop against Weber? And remember, keep the voices down.

*very quiet* Although Weber State poses some very big problems when their offense is on the field, most has been about limiting our mistakes. Hauck and Co. know that it won't matter how well they play on defense if they commit 5 turnovers and around 100 yards in penalties. What time is kickoff?
xshhhx

I Bleed Purple
October 1st, 2008, 12:42 AM
1 P.M.

GolfingGriz
October 1st, 2008, 12:46 AM
Thats good. The Griz have historically struggled with night games in the BSC.

I Bleed Purple
October 1st, 2008, 12:50 AM
I'll try to remember to take my camera so I post some pictures of the game.

uofmman1122
October 1st, 2008, 12:53 AM
xlolxxlolxxlolx

I actually read these last few posts with a whisper voice in my head. xlolx

I Bleed Purple
October 1st, 2008, 12:56 AM
xlolxxlolxxlolx

I actually read these last few posts with a whisper voice in my head. xlolx

Good to know it worked. xthumbsupx

Grizzaholic
October 1st, 2008, 09:50 AM
Anybody got a website for Weber St.?

Grizzaholic
October 1st, 2008, 02:21 PM
Nevermind. I found it.

http://wildcats.bigskyfans.com/index.php

I Bleed Purple
October 1st, 2008, 02:54 PM
Place is huge, mind you.

grizbeer
October 1st, 2008, 04:04 PM
Most of the talk has been about the big cheap shot injury last year, and how that will play into this years game, but there ws this blur today in the Missoulian:

Another team, another vaunted passing attack. Weber's Cameron Higgins ranks fifth in the Football Championship Subdivision with a passing efficiency rating of 171.7. UM's Cole Bergquist ranks seventh at 167.3. � Weber's Tim Toone is averaging 107 receiving yards a game, good for third in the Big Sky and ninth nationally. UM's Marc Mariani averages 126.2 yards, which places him first in the league and third nationally (Cal Poly's Ramses Barden is first). � Mariani ranks fifth in the FCS in all-purpose yards at 201 per game, but Weber's Bryant Eteuati is first in the Big Sky and 14th in the FCS in punt returns, at 14.7 per game. � Eteuati has returned two punts and two kickoffs for TDs in his career. � UM is ranked No. 2 in the FCS Coaches' Association poll. Using that poll, UM will have been ranked No. 1 or No. 2 in the country for its fourth straight visit to Ogden.

http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2008/10/01/sports/sports03.txt

Last week Montana had some communication/assignment problems on the 2 deep coverage - I think Hauck said on his show the safety didn't stay deep behind the receiver, but it would get fixed - we will see, WSU has a good QB and receiver, and big plays could be a problem for the Griz, although it could just as easily be a big day for Trumaine Johnson.

It will interesting to see if Montana can run against the Wildcats, and how much protection Cole gets. Also we know Higgins can pass, can Weber run against the Griz?

Montana's offense has improved this year, and they are scoring more points, but the team seems a little schizophrenic - last week CB had his best day stat-wise as a Griz, but threw an interception in the end zone, and had a fumble that CWU returned for 6. Mariani was awesome, but muffed a fumble. Most drives the D shut down CWU, but then they would blow up for a big play. At times you could drive a truck through the hole the O-line opened, but then the next play they would get caught holding or allow a sack. Special teams played pretty solid, except for the 2 fumbles and a block in the back on a big return - you just never know how a play will turn out with this bunch - they have shown tremendous potential, but still haven't played a complete game. The question is - will the Griz continue to pull out wins, will they pull everything together and blow people out, or finally have the mistakes cost them a win.

I don't know which team will show up Saturday, but I would expect another head shaking close win by the Griz.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 1st, 2008, 04:19 PM
Most of the talk has been about the big cheap shot injury last year, and how that will play into this years game, but there ws this blur today in the Missoulian:

Last week Montana had some communication/assignment problems on the 2 deep coverage - I think Hauck said on his show the safety didn't stay deep behind the receiver, but it would get fixed - we will see, WSU has a good QB and receiver, and big plays could be a problem for the Griz, although it could just as easily be a big day for Trumaine Johnson.

It will interesting to see if Montana can run against the Wildcats, and how much protection Cole gets. Also we know Higgins can pass, can Weber run against the Griz?

Montana's offense has improved this year, and they are scoring more points, but the team seems a little schizophrenic - last week CB had his best day stat-wise as a Griz, but threw an interception in the end zone, and had a fumble that CWU returned for 6. Mariani was awesome, but muffed a fumble. Most drives the D shut down CWU, but then they would blow up for a big play. At times you could drive a truck through the hole the O-line opened, but then the next play they would get caught holding or allow a sack. Special teams played pretty solid, except for the 2 fumbles and a block in the back on a big return - you just never know how a play will turn out with this bunch - they have shown tremendous potential, but still haven't played a complete game. The question is - will the Griz continue to pull out wins, will they pull everything together and blow people out, or finally have the mistakes cost them a win.

I don't know which team will show up Saturday, but I would expect another head shaking close win by the Griz.

That's the most honest assessment of this year's Griz team I've read. xthumbsupx

I Bleed Purple
October 1st, 2008, 05:06 PM
I still think teams are playing to stop Smith and making Weber throw the ball. Stopping the run against Weber has been the priority for the past 10 years. It's still a major threat, but you're getting smoked through the air now.

Grizaholic17
October 1st, 2008, 06:02 PM
I still think teams are playing to stop Smith and making Weber throw the ball. Stopping the run against Weber has been the priority for the past 10 years. It's still a major threat, but you're getting smoked through the air now.

Pass Defense is not the biggest problem with our defense. It's the confusion caused. Trumaine Johnson has been playing tremendously, but coming in as a freshmen, he causes some confusion on many plays. But watch for him to buck up in this game. I talked to him the other day, and he said he was really excited to get out and play Weber. But he also said not playing in Wa/Griz is a big turn off about the trip. GO GRIZ

Hellgate60
October 1st, 2008, 06:37 PM
I have a question for everyone. Do you think that the refs are going to be pretty strict on penalties because of what happened last years? I'm afraid they are going to throw the flag pretty quick and this game is going to be slowed down with a ton of ticky tack penalties

Screamin_Eagle174
October 1st, 2008, 06:39 PM
I have a question for everyone. Do you think that the refs are going to be pretty strict on penalties because of what happened last years? I'm afraid they are going to throw the flag pretty quick and this game is going to be slowed down with a ton of ticky tack penalties

Since when would that be any different than normal? These are the Big Sky refs we're talking about... xrulesx xcoffeex

Grizzaholic
October 1st, 2008, 06:48 PM
Since when would that be any different than normal? These are the Big Sky refs we're talking about... xrulesx xcoffeex

Beat me to it.

I think that the refs will come out and show that they are not going to be putting up with any monkey business from the get go. Flags for both teams' first drive of the game and the first after the half. After that I think it will settle down and they will conduct business as usual, by throwing a flag here and there just for the fun of it.

griz8791
October 1st, 2008, 06:51 PM
I was at a high school game last Friday night when the officials blew an obvious call. The guy next to me turned to me and said, "in the Big Sky Conference that referee would be fired for that call." I kept a straight face but it wasn't easy.

Hellgate60
October 1st, 2008, 06:53 PM
I was just curious because I remember the last time the cats were in town there were a lot of personal fouls on both teams in the first quarter just so the refs could show who was in charge. I was just curious if it would be a lot like that

Screamin_Eagle174
October 1st, 2008, 06:54 PM
I was at a high school game last Friday night when the officials blew an obvious call. The guy next to me turned to me and said, "in the Big Sky Conference that referee would be fired for that call." I kept a straight face but it wasn't easy.

xlolx xlolx xlolx

Screamin_Eagle174
October 1st, 2008, 06:54 PM
Beat me to it.

I think that the refs will come out and show that they are not going to be putting up with any monkey business from the get go. Flags for both teams' first drive of the game and the first after the half. After that I think it will settle down and they will conduct business as usual, by throwing a flag here and there just for the fun of it.

xlolx xnodx

Grizzaholic
October 1st, 2008, 07:03 PM

You are a better man than me. I would have asked a few questions of this gentleman to see what he meant.

I Bleed Purple
October 1st, 2008, 08:47 PM
I don't think it'll be that big an issue honestly. It's remembered, but not to the point that there'll be any late hitting or punching or anything like that. We'd rather have revenge by ringing the bell at the end of the game.

Ronbo
October 1st, 2008, 11:50 PM
This game and the one to follow (EWU) will set the stage for the season for the Griz. Two very very tough games and they are on the road. I won't even predict the outcome. Simply say that it is a huge game that will have playoff implications in the end.

These game aren't the end of the world. We could lose both and still end up 10-2. These are the two toughest road games. We get NAU, Sac. State, and MSU at home. 10-2 and we still make the playoffs with a home game easy.

Wolfman
October 1st, 2008, 11:53 PM
These game aren't the end of the world. We could lose both and still end up 10-2. These are the two toughest road games. We get NAU, Sac. State, and MSU at home. 10-2 and we still make the playoffs with a home game easy.

Yeah, so ole' one-n-done Bobby can work his magic once again

I Bleed Purple
October 1st, 2008, 11:54 PM

What if Weber ends up 10-2 and Eastern 8-3 or Weber 9-3 and Eastern 9-2? Four of those five combined losses against FBS. UM would be third in conference.

Ronbo
October 1st, 2008, 11:55 PM

Something Bergquist said in a post game interview. "This team is FAR from playing up to our potential. We have yet to gel."

Look out when they do start playing well. If they can win playing ugly they could be very very good when they start playing good.

Ronbo
October 1st, 2008, 11:57 PM
What if Weber ends up 10-2 and Eastern 8-3 or Weber 9-3 and Eastern 9-2? Four of those five combined losses against FBS. UM would be third in conference.

Doesn't matter. If we go 9-3 or 10-2 we go to the playoffs. The NCAA wants the revenue from 26,000 tickets sold.

I Bleed Purple
October 2nd, 2008, 01:58 AM
Doesn't matter. If we go 9-3 or 10-2 we go to the playoffs. The NCAA wants the revenue from 26,000 tickets sold.

It'll be interesting spin if they leave out BSC number #2 and take number #3 if they don't want to claim money is the motivating factor.

mvemjsunpx
October 2nd, 2008, 03:44 AM
It'll be interesting spin if they leave out BSC number #2 and take number #3 if they don't want to claim money is the motivating factor.

They've done it before. In 2005, EWU got the auto-bid & 3rd. place Montana got an at-large bid while 2nd. place Montana State did not. Montana State didn't have 7 DI wins, though, so that was expected.

It's possible it could happen here, too, if Weber finishes second. Let's say EWU wins the conference @ 7-1 while Montana & Weber tie @ 6-2 (with Weber beating Montana). Montana would certainly make the playoffs (10-2 w/ 9 DI wins) while Weber certainly would not (8-4 w/ just 6 DI wins).

I Bleed Purple
October 2nd, 2008, 03:49 AM
They've done it before. In 2005, EWU got the auto-bid & 3rd. place Montana got an at-large bid while 2nd. place Montana State did not. Montana State didn't have 7 DI wins, though, so that was expected.

It's possible it could happen here, too, if Weber finishes second. Let's say EWU wins the conference @ 7-1 while Montana & Weber tie @ 6-2 (with Weber beating Montana). Montana would certainly make the playoffs (10-2 w/ 9 DI wins) while Weber certainly would not (8-4 w/ just 6 DI wins).
A tie for second, regardless of who beat whom is not the same as a clear # 2 being shunned for the clear #3 in conference. Yours and MSU's scenario of 2005 are different beasts and more justifiable.

mvemjsunpx
October 2nd, 2008, 04:42 AM
A tie for second, regardless of who beat whom is not the same as a clear # 2 being shunned for the clear #3 in conference. Yours and MSU's scenario of 2005 are different beasts and more justifiable.

OK, change Montana to 5-3 (9-3) in my scenario and put them alone in third. Montana may or may not get in, but Weber certainly won't.

And anyway, wouldn't Weber be the clear #2 in conference even with a tie since they have a win over Montana?

Green Laser
October 2nd, 2008, 04:48 AM

I agree, there is no way that the NCAA could take the 3rd place team and leave the 2nd place team home if all else was equal. This is going to be a very interesting BSC season, there will be some major suprises!

Green26
October 2nd, 2008, 06:32 AM
I believe all 9-3 or better teams from the Big Sky would get into the playoffs--unless there was some jam up of teams from top conference with 9-3 or better records this year. I believe a large number of 9-3 or better records is unlikely, due to the number of I-A losses and the number of losses that good teams get from playing in tough conferences. Look at all the losses already of teams in the top 15. Most of those teams will have several more losses in conference play.

I don't think the selection committee would look at conference rank as some huge obstacle to overcome--if the overall records and strength of schedule were obvious determining factors.

smegriz
October 3rd, 2008, 06:26 AM
All I know is this is gonna be a tough game... and a fun trip for me! Heading down from a certain town in MT....cough*Bozeman*cough... for this one.

uofmman1122
October 3rd, 2008, 07:11 AM
What time is the game being played, and in what time zone? (don't laugh, it makes a difference to me. xlolx)

I have yet to catch a Griz game live since I've been here. xlolx

Hellgate60
October 3rd, 2008, 07:31 AM
The game is at 1:05 Mountain time

uofmman1122
October 3rd, 2008, 08:27 AM
The game is at 1:05 Mountain time:(

rob_p469
October 3rd, 2008, 09:32 AM

ursus arctos horribilis
October 3rd, 2008, 09:33 AM

good point.

uofmman1122
October 3rd, 2008, 09:50 AM
good point.http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t109/Marty_Grant1122/fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Wolfman
October 3rd, 2008, 02:10 PM
Montana will lose to Weber and EWU, and possibly one other time. This will be due to several factors. \

1) A very young defense
2) A shaky FG kicking game (one FG does not a season make!)
3) Lack of a running game (Hauck left the cupboard bare here)
4) Hauck being out-coached on a consistant basis

I Bleed Purple
October 3rd, 2008, 05:08 PM
lol, of course it's nothing Weber does. It's all about the UM.

smegriz
October 3rd, 2008, 05:49 PM
lol, of course it's nothing Weber does. It's all about the UM.

Didn't you get that memo? I thought the griz were playing against themselves, just using your field to do it.

gbhmt
October 3rd, 2008, 06:47 PM
Andrew Schmidt was in practice this week. If he returned it might at least mean a little improvement in the running game.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
October 4th, 2008, 01:10 AM
Anyone still need tickets for this game? I might have an extra one or two, pm me if you do. It sounds like the weather could be a factor in this game, it's expected to be cool and rainy. I personally hope it's nice weather since my 21mo is coming to the game and I want the Weber fans to show up ;) I am sure I won't be able to talk after the game tomorrow, this is game 4 of 4 this week for me and I'll post some pics and thoughts from those games later on, been a crazy, FUN, week. The Griz can cap it off with a giant punctuation mark if they can win it for me.

I Bleed Purple
October 4th, 2008, 01:40 AM
Won't post before I go to the game tomorrow, so this is it.

I'm also not one to post a lot after a loss, so if that's the case, however improbable it may be, we'll see you Monday or something.

Grizzaholic
October 4th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Won't post before I go to the game tomorrow, so this is it.

I'm also not one to post a lot after a loss, so if that's the case, however improbable it may be, we'll see you Monday or something.

Oh come on. It is just a game, no need to get all disgruntled about it. xpeacex

Ronbo
October 4th, 2008, 09:17 AM
According to Hauck this week in press conferences Weber State is as good as Oklahoma. We will lose by 42-7 unless we play perfect and we get some miracle breaks.

How can I take FCS seriously when a team THIS GOOD doesn't even get ranked in the top 25??? It's a real joke. xsmiley_wix According to Hauck Weber State should be a Top 5 team.

Ronbo
October 4th, 2008, 09:24 AM
I just thought of something. Weber State is fighting for their Playoff lives today. If they lose today they will need to run the table the rest of the way to make it 7 Div I wins.

Grizzaholic
October 4th, 2008, 09:37 AM
According to Hauck this week in press conferences Weber State is as good as Oklahoma. We will lose by 42-7 unless we play perfect and we get some miracle breaks.

How can I take FCS seriously when a team THIS GOOD doesn't even get ranked in the top 25??? It's a real joke. xsmiley_wix According to Hauck Weber State should be a Top 5 team.

All coaches talk up the other team, it is not new.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 4th, 2008, 12:22 PM
I just thought of something. Weber State is fighting for their Playoff lives today. If they lose today they will need to run the table the rest of the way to make it 7 Div I wins.

Same situation with EWU. Which makes these two games extra scary for the Griz... nothing quite like a talented team that's playing with their backs up against the wall...

GOKATS
October 4th, 2008, 12:58 PM

Sounds like Bobby hears that train a coming round the bend.

Wolfman
October 4th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Sounds like Bobby hears that train a coming round the bend.

We can only hope so! xeyebrowx

SeattleGriz
October 4th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Nice. BigSkyTV already has the feed for the game up, and I have been listening to some guy eat his lunch and memorizing the players.

Funny stuff.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Field conditions sound pretty bad. Griz punt on their first possession.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Wildcat WR drops a wide open pass down the field.

3rd & long from the 21 of Weber

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Wildcats will punt it away. Sounds like both offenses are both a little shaky, I wonder how much the field has to do with it.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Griz driving...

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:22 PM
1st & 10 Montana on the Weber 25.

SeattleGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Cool pitch play.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Grizzlies running the option - near 1st down on the Weber 15.

SeattleGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:25 PM
7 - 0 Grizzlies
8:40 left in 1st qtr.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:25 PM
TOUCHDOWN MONTANA

Reynolds catches an easy pass and walks in.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Kick is good.

UM 7
WSU 0

ursus arctos horribilis
October 4th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Well that unimaginative offense has some real good stuff going on that drive. Montana up 7-0.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Glad we can get the run game going somehow. If we can keep consistency in field conditions like this, then I have a good feeling.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Drive:

8 plays, 74 yards - just over 3 minutes.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Cats bust a nice run into Griz territory.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:32 PM
21 yard pass to Toone - first down Weber on the Montana 29.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 4th, 2008, 02:34 PM
What the hell is wrong with the clock operator? 3 clock resets already worth over a minute of resets in the first 7 minutes of the game.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 4th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Wildcats hit a FG score 7-3

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:35 PM
What the hell is wrong with the clock operator? 3 clock resets already worth over a minute of resets in the first 7 minutes of the game.

I agree. And they are taking time off the clock which is weird.

Cats to kick a FG....

Good.

7-3 Griz

SeattleGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Nice run by Schmidt. Good to see him in the game.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Weber's drive - 8 plays, 40 yards.

1st & 10 UM on their own 20.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Bug run for Schdmidt to the 33. Man my feed is way behind here. I'm listening to Mick.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Montana fumbles, Weber recovers on the UM 33. xmadx

SeattleGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:41 PM
bigskytv is working pretty good.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Touchdown Weber.

That turnover killed us.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Penalty flag negates the touchdown.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Montana INTERCEPTS the ball in the endzone....

Whew

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Bergquist rushes for a nice 1st down on the UM 31.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Holding 1st & 20 on the 27.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 4th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Berk to Tyler palmer for a TD. Griz up 14-3

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:48 PM
TOUCHDOWN MONTANA

Long pass to Palmer

On 3rd & long!!
xthumbsupx

SeattleGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:50 PM
75 yard TD pass. Dang.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:51 PM
End of 1st.

UM 14
WSU 3

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Nice run by Smith to the UM 35.

Ronbo
I'm worried about our D-Line. The Wildcats are running over them and they have zero push into the backfield. They have not gotten near the QB all day. He has all day to throw.

DuckDuckGriz
WSU's Smith just pounding the ball

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Wow. Touchdown Wildcats. That was easy

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 02:58 PM
12:02 2nd

UM 14
WSU 10

MTGrizzFan
October 4th, 2008, 03:03 PM
nice job Cole!!

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Bergquist 8 yard run

TOUCHDOWN MT

mvemjsunpx
October 4th, 2008, 03:05 PM
KPAX gave the points to Weber. Is that binding?

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 03:05 PM
UM 21
WSU 10

8:43 2nd

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Wildcats get a big return to the UM 30.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 03:09 PM
God the Griz can't keep the momentum

Touchdown Weber

UM 21
WSU 17

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Bergquist throws a pick

Montana is self-destructing

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Touchdown Weber.

Not to take anything away from the Wildcats but Montana is literally GIVING this one away

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 03:17 PM
6:23 2nd

UM 21
WSU 24

MTGrizzFan
October 4th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Touchdown Weber.

Not to take anything away from the Wildcats but Montana is literally GIVING this one away

i would agree with that

StrikeJMU
October 4th, 2008, 03:23 PM
lets go Weber!

MTGrizzFan
October 4th, 2008, 03:35 PM
we're going to need a big third quarter

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Wow Touchdown Weber

Griz pissing this one away.

UM 21
WSU 31

Half

dbackjon
October 4th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Wow Touchdown Weber

Griz pissing this one away.

UM 21
WSU 31

Half

Give Weber credit for taking advantage...

I said after the UC-Davis game that the Griz D was very suspect.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Give Weber credit for taking advantage...

I said after the UC-Davis game that the Griz D was very suspect.

They've given Weber starting position inside the UM 30 twice

blackfordpu
October 4th, 2008, 03:56 PM

Now they're a prime suspect. xlolx

Seriously though, I was shocked to see the score to this point.

Wolfman
October 4th, 2008, 04:01 PM

The lack of coaching on the Montana sideline is obvious. McBride is trumping every move the Montana coaches make. We start blitzing to try to get a pass rush, Weber uses the hot receiver and/or shovel pass for big gains.

Check and Checkmate!

Wolfman
October 4th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Touchdown Weber.

Give me a break! Weber is earning this. Montana is outclassed on their D-line, and in the D-backfield.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Give me a break! Weber is earning this. Montana is outclassed on their D-line, and in the D-backfield.

Where were you when the Griz were up 21-10....

Being a pu$$y in real life is one thing.....but even behind the safety of your own computer....xlolx

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Weber misses a kick. Defense dodges a bullet.

SeattleGriz
October 4th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Back to back sacks by Weber.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Unbelievable

MTGrizzFan
October 4th, 2008, 04:23 PM
a nice return taken away by a stupid penalty
damn

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Special teams really struggling for Montana today

UNHWildCats
October 4th, 2008, 04:25 PM
score?

SeattleGriz
October 4th, 2008, 04:27 PM

Three.

MaroonMafia
October 4th, 2008, 04:27 PM
31-21

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Weber recovers a Montana fumble at the UM 5.

3rd turnover.

That could be it. Absolutely shot themselves in the foot today

SeattleGriz
score?

38 (if kick good) to 21 Weber

Syntax Error
please post scores in the SCORE THREAD

MaroonMafia
37-21 pending extra point :(

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 04:29 PM

We can't post them in the actual game thread? xrolleyesx

MaroonMafia
October 4th, 2008, 04:31 PM
idiots

Screamin_Eagle174
October 4th, 2008, 04:37 PM

He can post them where he likes, can he not?

Screamin_Eagle174
October 4th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Great game by the way.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Montana killed themselves first half, but Weber's defense has not let them back in through the second half. Would love to have this one back but at least we didn't lose to the D-II last week :o

ursus arctos horribilis
They didn't stop the clock when Berq went out of bounds and then left it running for an extra 5 or so on the incomplete pass. They are having real trouble with the clock. The refs didn't catch it this time.

dbackjon
idiots

I never expected this. High scoring, yes, but not this.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 04:39 PM
I never expected this. High scoring, yes, but not this.

Same here- but special teams gaffes by Montana in the first half definitely contributed. Weber has not had a scoring drive outside of the UM 35 I believe.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Montana knocking on the door - hoping for a miracle

MaroonMafia
October 4th, 2008, 04:41 PM
TD!!!

ursus arctos horribilis
WSU 38
UM 28
berq to ferreiter

Appstate29
how much time left? Watching ASU flip-flop around with the Citadel

MaroonMafia
Still time (10:31 to go), need a stop on D now!

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 04:42 PM
UM 28
WSU 38

10:38 4th

DuckDuckGriz
Pick six would make me giddy.

th0m
This could be a game yet...

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Defense not coming through here. Smith is a beast for Weber

MaroonMafia
October 4th, 2008, 04:46 PM
pathetic defense...

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 04:47 PM
This is awful. It's not like we have to guess what they're going to do...

MaroonMafia
Finally a hold

ursus arctos horribilis
This could be a game yet...

Not unless we can make a turnover. Their O line and running back aree flat out physically beating us right now. The officials have taken the clock duties out of the hands of the time keeper and will now be taking care of the clock on the field.

MaroonMafia
October 4th, 2008, 04:48 PM
That field looks like trash

MaroonMafia
October 4th, 2008, 04:48 PM

ursus arctos horribilis
October 4th, 2008, 04:49 PM
WSU 45-
UM 28

DuckDuckGriz
I can't remember the last time Montana so badly blew a lead like that. The Portland State game last year comes to mind.

Touchdown Weber.
xsmhx xsmhx

UNHWildCats
SWEET

SeattleGriz
October 4th, 2008, 04:50 PM
WSU 45-
UM 28

Hey Mister! Get that crap out of here and into the SCORE THREAD.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 4th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Hey Mister! Get that crap out of here and into the SCORE THREAD.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

StrikeJMU
October 4th, 2008, 04:52 PM
way to go Weber. Montana is officially exposed!

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 04:53 PM
way to go Weber. Montana is officially exposed!

Did you listen/see any of the game?...

I love the bandwagoners jumping in AFTER the fact. Yeah bitter berries but tell me I'm wrong.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 4th, 2008, 04:54 PM
I feel bad for Weber after this game, that field is gonna be ***** the rest of the year. It is so hammered.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 04:54 PM
I feel bad for Weber after this game, that field is gonna be ***** the rest of the year. It is so hammered.

I love muddin it. Not so much today though.

StrikeJMU
October 4th, 2008, 04:55 PM
yea, cause congradulating the winning team is so bandwagon.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 04:55 PM
xrulesx xrulesx xrulesx xrulesx xrulesx that is sooo against morality xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Your bad karma is why Tom Brady's leg snapped.

Keep it up

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 04:56 PM
yea, cause congradulating the winning team is so bandwagon.

No your "Montana is exposed"

...In what way? I'd agree with you but I'm wondering if you know what you're talking about.

MaroonMafia
October 4th, 2008, 04:56 PM
I'm out. Gonna go drink myself into a temporary coma now...

SeattleGriz
October 4th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Wow. We are just being rolled.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 4th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Did you listen/see any of the game?...

I love the bandwagoners jumping in AFTER the fact. Yeah bitter berries but tell me I'm wrong.

He's a new guy that is all about the trash. He was doing the same thing on another thread earlier today against Hofstra.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 04:58 PM
And guess what I have to "look forward to" after this....

Oregon @ USC
xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

Getting into an inebriated coma is mandatory this evening

SeattleGriz
October 4th, 2008, 04:59 PM
He's a new guy that is all about the trash. He was doing the same thing on another thread earlier today against Hofstra.

Hasn't that position already been filled?

UNHWildCats
October 4th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Your bad karma is why Tom Brady's leg snapped.

Keep it up
I blame Belichick for taking him off the injury rport... listed for 3 years straight with right nshoulder.... 20 minutes after hes off hes out for the year, thats bad karma lol

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 05:00 PM
I blame Belichick for taking him off the injury rport... listed for 3 years straight with right nshoulder.... 20 minutes after hes off hes out for the year, thats bad karma lol

I blame you. Your "Chasing History" threads last year gave Tyree that little extra umph to make that catch.

MaroonMafia
October 4th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Selle's in to finish the game

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 05:05 PM
I woulda liked to see Selle maybe get some time in this game earlier. Then again that is sometimes a recipe for desparate self-destruction

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Still 2 timeouts

RALLY CAP!!!
xxpicx

MaroonMafia
October 4th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Does a rally drink count?

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Does a rally drink count?

Is that an honest question?

MTGrizzFan
October 4th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Is that an honest question?

i'm having one after that

good game weber....we have alot of things to clean up before next week

Peems
October 4th, 2008, 05:36 PM
So after watching the Griz get their ass handed to them, I listen to Coach Hauck and here is what he says...

"this is their superbowl, they really got up for this game. When they recruit kids they don't say look at Utah or Hawai'i they point out the Montana game."

"Trevyn Smith never plays that good, he's a good back but really played better than he normally does" Really? The kid has led the Big Sky in rushing his first two years!!!

As a Griz fan I can say that Weber was CLEARLY the better team today, we fell apart in the second and could not stop Smith if our lives depended on it. Next week could get ugly...though it seems Eastern has problems of its own.

Congrats to Weber. St seemed like a pretty small crowd, though the weather might have had something to do with it.

I Bleed Purple
October 4th, 2008, 05:42 PM
WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*cough*

Solid game.

DuckDuckGriz
October 4th, 2008, 05:43 PM
WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*cough*

Solid game.

Congrats. If you can find a drink in Utah, drink up. xlolx

grizbeer
October 4th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Awesome game Weber who. Hope you get 3rd paper Sunday - think you will? I mean, seriously, you kicked the Griz ass up and down the field, won every aspect football wise, think your paper will care, or is win this obsolete? Sorry to be bitter, because it was an inspired effort by WSU - so seriously, post your local press from and look forward from seeing how big a win this was in the Deseret. and look forward to seeing WSU in the playoffs.