PDA

View Full Version : The Citadel vs. App State

elcid03
September 28th, 2008, 06:37 AM
This weeks game in Boone should be an offensive shoot-out. Bart Blanchard and Andre Roberts could have a big day for The Citadel verse the App State secondary. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts for the game are?

ASU
September 28th, 2008, 06:48 AM
This weeks game in Boone should be an offensive shoot-out. Bart Blanchard and Andre Roberts could have a big day for The Citadel verse the App State secondary. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts for the game are?

Probably the highest scoring game in the history of the series. May have to ask the Princeton band to play at halftime just to have something that both sides could agree on booing.

elcid03
September 28th, 2008, 06:52 AM
hahaha very true! It should be a great game..wish I could be there!

jonmac
September 28th, 2008, 06:55 AM
This may be the one for which I beg my wife to purchase the video feed.xnodx

uofmman1122
September 28th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Since I have nothing to lose, I'm predicting a The Citadel upset. xnodx

Citadel - 38
ASU - 35

xwhistlex

gvilleapp
September 28th, 2008, 07:39 AM
I hope that getting Lewis back at DE next week will help us get a little more pass rush. If we let Blanchard have time he'll pick us apart just like Webb did last night. Got to give PC and Bentley credit, they exploited our weeknesses and gave us a good scare last night until midway thru the third quarter.

I saw the Bulldogs against Princeton and I'm convinced they are the real deal. Andre Roberts is a man and he could have a big day against our young secondary.

AE's ankle does not appear to be too bad, but it does sound like he'll miss a couple days of practice. Last year, he beat The Citadel with his legs, whereas this year he's going to have to rely more on his arm. The freshman QB, Pressley did look very, very good last night after AE went out.

Hope the Apps can play 2 halves of intense, focused football for the first time this year. If not, we'll start out the SoCon schedule at 0-1.

I too am expecting a very high scoring game with both teams up in the 30's or 40's.

CID1990
September 28th, 2008, 07:44 AM
We have some significant weaknesses, also. We will have to fix them this week if we expect to pull an upset in Boone, IMO.

SideLine Shooter
September 28th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Since I have nothing to lose, I'm predicting a The Citadel upset. xnodx

Citadel - 38
ASU - 35

xwhistlex

You are probably right, or close. App has so many starters out with injuries. If App is to win this one some young players are going to have to step it up BIG time and become real players. I know that everyone has injuries but I can't remember a time when App has had so many starters out at one time.

PC is a well coached team and came in prepared. They have some excellent athletes also.

As usual, we will get there best game. Everyone wants to be the one to beat ASU.

CID1990
September 28th, 2008, 08:15 AM
One thing that will be interesting this Saturday-

The 3-4 defense we installed was solely for the purpose of stopping AE. We'll see if it was the right thing to do. Based what I have seen out of them so far, it looks like it is a 'bend but don't break' style, a lot like our defense from the early 90s. We give up a lot of 4-5 yard runs, but not the big plays. Hopefully that will be enough to keep us in the game.

millwoga1
September 28th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Should be a fun game to watch. Big game for El Cid to get them over that hump but not a must win by any means.

Millwoch
September 28th, 2008, 08:24 AM
One thing that will be interesting this Saturday-

The 3-4 defense we installed was solely for the purpose of stopping AE. We'll see if it was the right thing to do. Based what I have seen out of them so far, it looks like it is a 'bend but don't break' style, a lot like our defense from the early 90s. We give up a lot of 4-5 yard runs, but not the big plays. Hopefully that will be enough to keep us in the game.

I agree with that analysis. We really dominated yesterday on the defensive side of the ball. But WCU missed the open receiver over and over again. We just let WCU shot themselves in the foot. Appy has many more weapons and it will be a struggle. But what else do we expect? I just hope that Blanchard and crew can score some points.

catamount man
September 28th, 2008, 08:39 AM
MAJOR SoCon showdown to be sure. Good luck to both teams.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Rob Iola
September 28th, 2008, 09:37 AM
This may be the one for which I beg my wife to purchase the video feed.xnodx
As I tell my kids, always ask for forgiveness, not permission...

MarkCCU
September 28th, 2008, 10:04 AM
No doubt that this will be an excellent game. Citadel has been proving itself to be strong(when the wake up) and not letting up. AppState, we all know about. My guess, too close to call but AppState won't walk over the Bulldogs.

Biff
September 28th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Should be a fun game to watch. Big game for El Cid to get them over that hump but not a must win by any means.

Agree, but I think we must win either this coming week or the following against Elon, to at least stay in the running for a SoCon title (with Furman and Wofford left after those two weeks).

ASUG8
September 28th, 2008, 10:14 AM
I'm getting concerned about our injury pileup because nobody's a cupcake this season. El Cid will definitely give a strong showing for the game, and we'll have to see how our backups handle it. I just hope AE isn't too banged up to play at 100%, because we'll need it.

biggie
September 28th, 2008, 10:54 AM
A big key is if we can get everyone in the stadium to actually get in the game and make noise. Over 1/2 of the East side never stands up or makes noise. With 31-32k in attendance for Saturday's game it could be and should be really loud.

The DL has to get some rush as well though, it was bad last night.

BULLDOG8180
September 28th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Should be a great game. I agree, I expect a high scoring affair. As usual, it will probably come down to who takes care of the ball.

It is a tremendous road test for the Dogs. Can they overcome the "road blues" that have historically plagued them?

Have been close on the road against good teams in the past couple of years, (GSU last year, Wofford in '06,) but haven't gotten over the hump. Have to perform this year to have a shot at the playoffs with ASU, FU and WC all on the road. Got to be the toughest road schedule in the conference (not to mention Clemson and Florida).

Appguy
September 28th, 2008, 11:05 AM
I was very concerned about our secondary, letting the "Blue Hos" pass ALL over us until I checked out who did all the damage to us, PCs QB and WR combo seem to be both be seniors starting for several years.
Hopefully well just see more of this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPVkDhpe0aE

BULLDOG8180
September 28th, 2008, 11:21 AM
I was very concerned about our secondary, letting the "Blue Hos" pass ALL over us until I checked out who did all the damage to us, PCs QB and WR combo seem to be both be seniors starting for several years.
Hopefully well just see more of this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPVkDhpe0aE

Nice video, but one key element, that was 2007. Blanchard is a much better QB this year. We will find out if the new 3-4 defense can slow down AE. El Cid will have a lot more speed on the field on the defensive side of the ball, in essence playing 2 additional DBs as OLBs.

Grizzaholic
September 28th, 2008, 11:30 AM
This is one game that I would like to watch. Is it going to be broadcast on Dish/DTV? Or is there and internet feed that is worth a crap to watch it? Griz game is going to be at 3:00pm EST...

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 28th, 2008, 11:46 AM
From the way thing are looking now, this will be one of the three biggest SoCon games of the year, with the other two being Appy-Furman and Furman-Cid.

appmaj
September 28th, 2008, 01:13 PM
This is one game that I would like to watch. Is it going to be broadcast on Dish/DTV? Or is there and internet feed that is worth a crap to watch it? Griz game is going to be at 3:00pm EST...

Sportsouth not sure if you can find that one on dish

millwoga1
September 28th, 2008, 01:18 PM
I don't know Apps defense well and was interested to know if they have a rock solid corner that they think can contain Andre Roberts. He is a stud!

Millwoch
September 28th, 2008, 01:21 PM
From the way thing are looking now, this will be one of the three biggest SoCon games of the year, with the other two being Appy-Furman and Furman-Cid.

Everyone is forgeting about Woffy again this year. They are the only socon team who has a win against another ranked socon team. They are in the drivers seat until they lose(that will change this week with El Cid @ Appy and FU @ Elon). I put them 6th in my AGS poll this week.(don't worry FU fans, I am giving you some respect as well placing you at 11)

BeauFoster
September 28th, 2008, 01:39 PM
I don't know Apps defense well and was interested to know if they have a rock solid corner that they think can contain Andre Roberts. He is a stud!

Cortez Gilbert would be my choice, he's the most experienced. It wouldn't surprise me to see some safety help, too.

Appguy
September 28th, 2008, 01:52 PM

I think the App Wofford Halloween game on espn 2 will be bigger than all those

Millwoch
September 28th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Cortez Gilbert would be my choice, he's the most experienced. It wouldn't surprise me to see some safety help, too.

Clemson double teamed him in the second half with the safety. This shut down Roberts but opened up other options. Look for the tight end over the middle. If Appy does this...look out for Cornett over the middle for 10-15 yard passes. He had one against WCU for 15. I did not see what WCU's strategy was against Roberts, as I was not there, but Appy better not repeat that.(Roberts had 10 catches for 110 yards,over 40 punt return yards and 15 yards rushing) Higgins only called 3 pass plays in the second half against WCU. Look for a lot more against Appy.

elcid03
September 28th, 2008, 02:00 PM
This is an important game for both teams. This is a win that El Cid needs to define how they are going to be against the "Top 4" in the SoCon and App needs this not to start heading down a slippery slope. An absolute must win for both schools. It is going to come down to who is most focused, who takes care of the ball and who controls the line of scrimmage. I already have my beer on chill for this game!

Reign of Terrier
September 28th, 2008, 02:03 PM

Ditto

elcid96
September 28th, 2008, 02:27 PM

Way too early to define the biggest game of the season, but I could easily see the Woffy/Appy game as a big one.

AppAlum
September 28th, 2008, 02:49 PM
I feel fortunate to be going next weekend, I am hoping for a great homecoming for App with a win over the Dogs

james_lawfirm
September 28th, 2008, 03:59 PM
A big key is if we can get everyone in the stadium to actually get in the game and make noise. Over 1/2 of the East side never stands up or makes noise. With 31-32k in attendance for Saturday's game it could be and should be really loud.

The DL has to get some rush as well though, it was bad last night.

Oh, I don't know. In the first half, the West side seemed about as much in to the game as the players were. My point is, I think you have the cause & the effect backwards. When the team plays like they deserve props, they'll get it.

KiddBrewer
September 28th, 2008, 04:07 PM
ASU-48
El Cid- 38

08Dawg
September 28th, 2008, 04:08 PM
I'm very excited about this one. The way I see it, last year Blanchard, in his first real college start, put up some respectable numbers against a pretty good App secondary. Now they don't have Lynch back there anymore, which is a big loss. The Dogs are coming in with some confidence from the WCU game, and Bart and Andre are really on the same page. I, too, will be curious to see how the new 3-4 works out. I think this will be a trial to validate what we've done so far, and a test for App to see if they can remain the dominant team in the SoCon.

ERASU2113
September 28th, 2008, 04:39 PM
ASU Homecoming............one of the bigger games of the year.

Only two games later in the month are bigger IMO - against other SC schhols :D

But this will definately be a high scoring game. Our secondary has been one of our most consistent areas on the field.

jonmac
September 28th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Oh, I don't know. In the first half, the West side seemed about as much in to the game as the players were. My point is, I think you have the cause & the effect backwards. When the team plays like they deserve props, they'll get it.

I think that can work in the opposite way too though. If the crowd backs off due to a bit of bad play or good play by the opponent, that can have a negative effect on our team. Makes more sense to me to start the game with the fans going crazy and continue no matter what, as long we are in the game. I know, though, that that goes against our nature in some ways. Even though the players don't always realize it, they do play off the crowd and it has to be very difficult when the crowd quiets.

CID1990
September 28th, 2008, 04:46 PM

If The Citadel pulls the upset this weekend it won't be.

CID1990
September 28th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Clemson double teamed him in the second half with the safety. This shut down Roberts but opened up other options. Look for the tight end over the middle. If Appy does this...look out for Cornett over the middle for 10-15 yard passes. He had one against WCU for 15. I did not see what WCU's strategy was against Roberts, as I was not there, but Appy better not repeat that.(Roberts had 10 catches for 110 yards,over 40 punt return yards and 15 yards rushing) Higgins only called 3 pass plays in the second half against WCU. Look for a lot more against Appy.

I didn't see that they had much of a strategy against him. He was open all day.

One thing I did notice, though- although Bart is definitely putting up the numbers and getting the ball to Andre, I noticed that he is possibly underestimating Andre's speed. Numerous times on streak patterns, Bart threw behind Andre, and Andre had to come back to the ball. If Bart can get the rhythm down pat and catch Andre in stride, we'll see even more point out of him.

Millwoch
September 28th, 2008, 05:45 PM
I didn't see that they had much of a strategy against him. He was open all day.

One thing I did notice, though- although Bart is definitely putting up the numbers and getting the ball to Andre, I noticed that he is possibly underestimating Andre's speed. Numerous times on streak patterns, Bart threw behind Andre, and Andre had to come back to the ball. If Bart can get the rhythm down pat and catch Andre in stride, we'll see even more point out of him.

I watched the game on bulldog insider. I remember one play where bart rolled out to the left to avoid the rush and he must have thrown off the wrong foot because he threw a wobbly pass about 10 yards short that Andre made a great play on. He ran back and caught it. I am a little perplexed that Bart is unable to throw the ball more than 40 yards downfield with the same zip that he throws the 15-25 yard pass.

james_lawfirm
September 28th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I think that can work in the opposite way too though. If the crowd backs off due to a bit of bad play or good play by the opponent, that can have a negative effect on our team. Makes more sense to me to start the game with the fans going crazy and continue no matter what, as long we are in the game. I know, though, that that goes against our nature in some ways. Even though the players don't always realize it, they do play off the crowd and it has to be very difficult when the crowd quiets.

OK, so you're suggesting we scream like idiots regardless of what is happening on the field. If that's what you want, let's just copy what JMU did and pipe in the applause over the loudspeakers.

It appears to me that if you want the alumni on the West Side to applaude/yell/stand/holler, etc., the team will FIRST have to play like they want to win the game as much as I (and the other alumni) do.

If you take care of the one (team's effort), the other (fan noise), will follow.

ericsaid
September 28th, 2008, 06:28 PM
App's going to lose, which is unfourtanent. Armanti isn't playing with the same fire he used to. He just doesn't look as into the game as he did the previous two seasons which is a problem. The whole first half, i was beginning to wonder why the coaches would let the players out to tailgate before the game. The majority of the half they seemed drunk or hungover. If they play like the second half team I believe they should win but don't think they can.

Citadel-38 App- 28

asknoquarter21
September 28th, 2008, 06:30 PM
App's going to lose, which is unfourtanent. Armanti isn't playing with the same fire he used to. He just doesn't look as into the game as he did the previous two seasons which is a problem. The whole first half, i was beginning to wonder why the coaches would let the players out to tailgate before the game. The majority of the half they seemed drunk or hungover. If they play like the second half team I believe they should win but don't think they can.

Citadel-38 App- 28

They were clearly protecting Armanti last night...and the Jacksonville game...and the LSU game

he will be fine

jonmac
September 28th, 2008, 06:39 PM
OK, so you're suggesting we scream like idiots regardless of what is happening on the field. If that's what you want, let's just copy what JMU did and pipe in the applause over the loudspeakers.

It appears to me that if you want the alumni on the West Side to applaude/yell/stand/holler, etc., the team will FIRST have to play like they want to win the game as much as I (and the other alumni) do.

If you take care of the one (team's effort), the other (fan noise), will follow.

Well, maybe not scream like idiots, but I think it's problematic when I hear it get as quiet as it seemed to be on the broadcast last night, DJ even made mention of that. That, in no way, helps the team either get in the game or get back in the game. I don't want us to act spoiled and make it appear that it takes a super team who's always rolling to cause us to get loud. At the big time stadiums there always seems to be at least a hum of noise, if only mostly from the student sections, unless the game is a blowout one way or the other. When our team is having trouble getting motivated in a close game, which is what Saturday's game was until the second half, that's when it's just as imperative for the crowd to be making noise as when we are rolling. Like I said, I just don't want us to become like those other schools and sit back with sourpuss look on our faces and complain when things aren't going our way.

jonmac
September 28th, 2008, 06:44 PM

Citadel-38 App- 28

Oh no, we're doomed as doomed can be...bah...come on people this is just silly. Yes, we may well get beat but it's assinine to start predicting it. And yes I'm questioning some fanhood here. SHEESH!!!!! We're starting to, dare I say, sound like Tar Heel fans...oh, we're just terrible, never gonna win again, woe is us.xnonono2x A little thunder and lightning and drizzle and we all start running for cover...COME ON APP FANS, BUCK UP!!!

ericsaid
September 28th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Oh no, we're doomed as doomed can be...bah...come on people this is just silly. Yes, we may well get beat but it's assinine to start predicting it. And yes I'm questioning some fanhood here. SHEESH!!!!! We're starting to, dare I say, sound like Tar Heel fans...oh, we're just terrible, never gonna win again, woe is us.xnonono2x A little thunder and lightning and drizzle and we all start running for cover...COME ON APP FANS, BUCK UP!!!

Not running for cover, but you need to be realistic. If App plays against the Citadel the same way they played against PC for a half. It really won't be much of a game. Armanti will have a high ankle sprain to bother him.

A bright spot from PC would be Devin Radford. There's fast, there's super fast, and then there's Devin Radford. If he get's into a foot race with anyone in the SoCon and he will win.

jonmac
September 28th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Not running for cover, but you need to be realistic. If App plays against the Citadel the same way they played against PC for a half. It really won't be much of a game. Armanti will have a high ankle sprain to bother him.

A bright spot from PC would be Devin Radford. There's fast, there's super fast, and then there's Devin Radford. If he get's into a foot race with anyone in the SoCon and he will win.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas. My version of realism, until we really have down times, is to pull hard and expect the Apps to win, even if it means going down with the ship. I just have that much confidence. Will I be disappointed one day? Yes, but it's just football, I know, how dare I say that:) , and I'll get over it. Until the end and even then...GOAPPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was it actually diagnosed as a high ankle sprain? Not doubting you but I haven't heard anything certain yet.

KiddBrewer
September 28th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Dang! This Bandwagon sure does have a lot of leg room! xthumbsupx Ill take it!!!!xrolleyesx xcoffeex

bench
September 28th, 2008, 10:59 PM

Easy there, killer. You're exaggerating just a bit. No one's pulling a Wolfman here. This year's team has a lot of talent and potential, but they're young and have been inconsistent so far. The Citadel is bringing a very respectable team this weekend. I could just as easily see a loss by two scores as I could a win by the same margin. It just depends on which team shows up, and if they can put together a complete game. If they play half the game or more like they did the first half against PC or the second against JMU, they're almost certainly going to lose. If they play a full game like they played the first half in Harrisonburg or the second half against PC, they're almost certainly going to win.

I've got App by six over The Citadel. Just as an aside, my personal prediction a couple weeks ago was JMU by four. Feel free to use that bit of trivia to question my fanhood all the hell you like.

jonmac
September 29th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Easy there, killer. You're exaggerating just a bit. No one's pulling a Wolfman here. This year's team has a lot of talent and potential, but they're young and have been inconsistent so far. The Citadel is bringing a very respectable team this weekend. I could just as easily see a loss by two scores as I could a win by the same margin. It just depends on which team shows up, and if they can put together a complete game. If they play half the game or more like they did the first half against PC or the second against JMU, they're almost certainly going to lose. If they play a full game like they played the first half in Harrisonburg or the second half against PC, they're almost certainly going to win.

I've got App by six over The Citadel. Just as an aside, my personal prediction a couple weeks ago was JMU by four. Feel free to use that bit of trivia to question my fanhood all the hell you like.

Again, ifs and buts...and that's exactly why I don't bet on sports(or anything really). If I were a sport's writer or an analyst and had to be a non-biased, independent critic of each game, I would, of course, be much more objective. But this is a fan site and I am a fan of the ASU Mountaineers. I just feel deep down inside that I should pull for and talk up my team as much as possible(that's one reason I don't participate in the AGS poll). I completely agree that EVERY team that we play from here on out will be gunning for us and IF certain things happen then things can go one way or the other. As a fan though, I expect us to show up and win every game. We may not, but I'm not gonna run around predicting that we lose. I just had too many Carolina fan friends growing up that did that all the time, all the doom and gloom talk, and if/when they won, well, those guys were strutting around like peacocks. That's not the kind of fan I want to be nor the kind of fan I want us to have. I guess I'm just too blinded by my passion.

appfan2008
September 29th, 2008, 07:52 AM
All I know is that when they announce this to be a sell out later in the week... APP FANS BETTER SHOW THEIR ASSES UP... I dont care if you have no gas.... steal a car... I dont care if it is raining... I will bring a towel get your butts in the seats and lets cheer on the apps this weekend... the pc game was terrible for crowd size and envolvement...

ASUMountaineer
September 29th, 2008, 08:00 AM
All I know is that when they announce this to be a sell out later in the week... APP FANS BETTER SHOW THEIR ASSES UP... I dont care if you have no gas.... steal a car... I dont care if it is raining... I will bring a towel get your butts in the seats and lets cheer on the apps this weekend... the pc game was terrible for crowd size and envolvement...

28,405 terrible for crowd size? xeyebrowx If I'm not mistaken the third largest crowd ever for a rainy, night game...I think that's pretty good. Crowd involvement wasn't great, but it was family weekend--didn't expect it to be especially crazy.

appfan2008
September 29th, 2008, 08:03 AM
28,405 terrible for crowd size? xeyebrowx If I'm not mistaken the third largest crowd ever for a rainy, night game...I think that's pretty good. Crowd involvement wasn't great, but it was family weekend--didn't expect it to be especially crazy.

Ok you are missing my point...

Obviously 28+ is a lot of people... I understand that... Its the fact that there were A TON of empty seats... I dont like it when people buy tickets and then dont come when there are people who want to come but cant bc it is sold out... and it is embarrasing to announce a sell out and then have that many empty seats... 28+ is sweet just how we got there is the problem IMO

citdog
September 29th, 2008, 08:04 AM
I predict that when i arrive friday evening all the ladies at appy state will have shaved their legs and pits in my honor.

jonmac
September 29th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Ok you are missing my point...

Obviously 28+ is a lot of people... I understand that... Its the fact that there were A TON of empty seats... I dont like it when people buy tickets and then dont come when there are people who want to come but cant bc it is sold out... and it is embarrasing to announce a sell out and then have that many empty seats... 28+ is sweet just how we got there is the problem IMO

Not sure what you mean by "how we got there" but DJ did say on the broadcast Saturday that we count actual people through the gate. He said there had been some question about that and seemed intent on making the point that we count actual attendance and not just tickets sold. So an announced pregame sellout is not directly related to the announced attendance. I do agree that those that buy tickets should make every effort to come or see that someone else uses their ticket. And I think most do.

CID1990
September 29th, 2008, 08:10 AM
I predict that when i arrive friday evening all the ladies at appy state will have shaved their legs and pits in my honor.

Hey I'll be in Boone on Thursday night so I can get an advance scouting report on that for ya, Citdog.

I plan to go have a burrito at the Black Cat. That is the least likely place to see shaved legs and pits.

Appaholic
September 29th, 2008, 08:10 AM

This one might........BTW, AGS and CS app fans, we are accepting pre-orders for T-shirts and banners with the following photo for this weeks game.......show how proud you are of Citdog for settling down.....

appfan2008
September 29th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Not sure what you mean by "how we got there" but DJ did say on the broadcast Saturday that we count actual people through the gate. He said there had been some question about that and seemed intent on making the point that we count actual attendance and not just tickets sold. So an announced pregame sellout is not directly related to the announced attendance. I do agree that those that buy tickets should make every effort to come or see that someone else uses their ticket. And I think most do.

that is exactly what was said...

It makes me mad when we have 32 to 33k buy tickets and only 28k shows up!!!

appfan2008
September 29th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Hey I'll be in Boone on Thursday night so I can get an advance scouting report on that for ya, Citdog.

I plan to go have a burrito at the Black Cat. That is the least likely place to see shaved legs and pits.

I would agree... but you will get a damn good burrito

AshevilleApp
September 29th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Should be a great game. I agree, I expect a high scoring affair. As usual, it will probably come down to who takes care of the ball.

It is a tremendous road test for the Dogs. Can they overcome the "road blues" that have historically plagued them?

Have been close on the road against good teams in the past couple of years, (GSU last year, Wofford in '06,) but haven't gotten over the hump. Have to perform this year to have a shot at the playoffs with ASU, FU and WC all on the road. Got to be the toughest road schedule in the conference (not to mention Clemson and Florida).

Our biggest losses from last year are showing - Lynch at Safety and Tharrington on the line....both of those guys made a huge difference on defense and have not been adequately replaced

elon77
September 29th, 2008, 08:38 AM

Where's all the love for Elon. Will they not be in any big games? How about their game this week end? For those who care, I saw Samford this week end and they ain't bad. I've seen WCU and Chatty, Samford is above them in the Socon food chain. I predict they will beat someone they are not suppose to beat.xnodx

PTW16
September 29th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Where's all the love for Elon. Will they not be in any big games? How about their game this week end? For those who care, I saw Samford this week end and they ain't bad. I've seen WCU and Chatty, Samford is above them in the Socon food chain. I predict they will beat someone they are not suppose to beat.xnodx

I think the Elon-The Citadel game will be a make or break game for either team wishing to reach the playoffs.

HighRyder08
September 29th, 2008, 10:14 AM
im predicting a blow out by APP State. call me crazy but i just have a feeling

Appaholic
September 29th, 2008, 10:23 AM
For Citdog.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2igAUy1RKg8

BeauFoster
September 29th, 2008, 10:27 AM

Probably not going to find a whole lot of Elon love in the ASU - Citadel thread. You're 7 weeks away.

appfan2008
September 29th, 2008, 10:30 AM
im predicting a blow out by APP State. call me crazy but i just have a feeling

Id like to think that could happen but other than the second half saturday and the first half last week i have seen nothing to say that that will happen...

2 good halves in 4 games is not good...

appmaj
September 29th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Are there any solid updates on AE?

appfan2008
September 29th, 2008, 10:38 AM
no but the leaks coming out are its a bruise and he will miss a few pratices but should play this weekend...

citdog
September 29th, 2008, 10:39 AM
The Cadets are going to march into Boone and lay waste to the entire area! the phrase of the day......."like **** through a goose"

elcid96
September 29th, 2008, 10:47 AM
If you get the momentum early, it could be a blowout, but I think it will be a very close game. App State is obviously not the same team as last year and have dropped back down to mortal status.

Appaholic
September 29th, 2008, 11:00 AM
The Cadets are going to march into Boone and lay waste to the entire area! the phrase of the day......."like **** through a goose"

Like Pickett did.....

asknoquarter21
September 29th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Are there any solid updates on AE?

I saw him coming out of the locker room this morning and he was on crutches with a boot on his left foot.

He was followed shortly by Deandre Pressley who was also leaving the locker room.

I was too far away to ask either of them....sorry guys

citdog
September 29th, 2008, 11:08 AM
I saw him coming out of the locker room this morning and he was on crutches with a boot on his left foot.

He was followed shortly by Deandre Pressley who was also leaving the locker room.

I was too far away to ask either of them....sorry guys

IF YOU ASKED HIM YOU WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND THE GRUNTS, CLICKS, AND WHISTLES THAT PASS FOR THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE WHENEVER EDWARDS TRIES TO SPEAK.

biggie
September 29th, 2008, 11:10 AM
If we can put the 1st half of JMU with the 2nd half of PC, then it could be blowout.

Still say our DL has to get press on the QB to hold Cit down.

appstate38
September 29th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Apps finally used other weapons in the ground attack on Saturday. Something we have been needing to do. Found the TE along for big chunks of yards. Need to keep developing the other weapons around AE to give defenses something else to think about. As commented earlier the Bulldog 3-4 D is a bend but don't break group. Giving up 4-5 yards a play is something the App O can make a living at. Should be fun either way. Still sticking with the Apps at home. 38-20

asknoquarter21
September 29th, 2008, 11:13 AM
IF YOU ASKED HIM YOU WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND THE GRUNTS, CLICKS, AND WHISTLES THAT PASS FOR THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE WHENEVER EDWARDS TRIES TO SPEAK.

seems a bit excessive...

Pressley had a very good interview after the PC game

Appaholic
September 29th, 2008, 11:15 AM
seems a bit excessive...

Pressley had a very good interview after the PC game

You'll have to forgive Citdog....this is what passes for conversation at El cid.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0eDHnuo6_w&NR=1

Appaholic
September 29th, 2008, 11:17 AM

Yeah.....I see what you mean......El Cid students are masters of the english language.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKIbwnqHrCE&feature=related