Big Dawg
September 28th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Originally published September 28, 2008
Milestone win part of Taylor's goal
Coach tries to return FAMU to the glory days of legend Gaither

ATLANTA — Hey Rattler fans, don't.

Please don't.

ADVERTISEMENT

Don't start calling out the rest of the MEAC.

And, please don't be like the guy with the cleaning crew who kept bragging about the Rattlers.

Poor guy even went as far as to proclaim: "Here come the champs."

Sure, Saturday's 28-21 victory over Tennessee State was big. But think about the times that the Rattlers beat the Tigers (now seven straight if you're counting) and didn't go on to win the league.

What memories.

This one ranks right up there but for good reason. Coach Joe Taylor got his 200th career victory.

http://rattlernews.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080928/FAMU03/809280328

TexasTerror
September 28th, 2008, 10:42 AM
A very big win for the MEAC and FAMU at that...

Tennessee State had been taking care of business against their SWAC rivals and FAMU put the breaks on their attempts to get the win there...

Joe Taylor is going to get that program rolling again, isn't he?

Big Dawg
September 28th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Yeah it looks that way. We have a confident bunch of Rattlers down here and if we pull off the upset against SCSU then FAMU will be a team to watch out for.

DSUHornet
September 28th, 2008, 06:07 PM
congrats are in order
i just wish dsu and hampton weren't moving in the opposite direction, then we would have a case as a conference.
dsu and hampton both have taken major steps down from where they were last year and famu has obviously taken a big step forward. keep it going, we need the meac to be respected within these next few years.

Hoyadestroya85
September 28th, 2008, 06:32 PM
he's no Billy Joe

DSUrocks07
September 28th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Originally published September 28, 2008
Milestone win part of Taylor's goal
Coach tries to return FAMU to the glory days of legend Gaither

ATLANTA — Hey Rattler fans, don't.

Please don't.

Don't start calling out the rest of the MEAC.

And, please don't be like the guy with the cleaning crew who kept bragging about the Rattlers.

Poor guy even went as far as to proclaim: "Here come the champs."

Sure, Saturday's 28-21 victory over Tennessee State was big. But think about the times that the Rattlers beat the Tigers (now seven straight if you're counting) and didn't go on to win the league.

What memories.

This one ranks right up there but for good reason. Coach Joe Taylor got his 200th career victory.

http://rattlernews.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080928/FAMU03/809280328

This should be my new sig xnodx

DSUrocks07
September 28th, 2008, 11:39 PM
congrats are in order
i just wish dsu and hampton weren't moving in the opposite direction, then we would have a case as a conference.
dsu and hampton both have taken major steps down from where they were last year and famu has obviously taken a big step forward. keep it going, we need the meac to be respected within these next few years.

xconfusedx

dude, Hampton almost took down SIU in Carbondale...if anything I would add Howard that's making our conference look bad. IMO Hampton, SCSU, FAMU, and will battle for the crown. If we can get our ***** together, then DSU can be in the mix too but Oct. 4th is looming large for us. I really think that Glaud should start next week.

DSUHornet
September 29th, 2008, 12:34 PM
xconfusedx

dude, Hampton almost took down SIU in Carbondale...if anything I would add Howard that's making our conference look bad. IMO Hampton, SCSU, FAMU, and will battle for the crown. If we can get our ***** together, then DSU can be in the mix too but Oct. 4th is looming large for us. I really think that Glaud should start next week.

i didn't mean that in the sense that that we were the worst teams in the meac.
in fact, from viewing the few meac games i have this year, i think dsu and hampton may still be the two best teams in the meac on the field (excluding a possible contention from famu and morgan). i just believe that neither club is as good as it was last year/recent seasons past.

i dont know that they should start glaud next week but he should definitely get some snaps (anywhere between 10 and 20) to prepare to start him by the end of the season. to my knowledge, he is still slightly unfamiliar with the offense and isnt as mobile as vashon. along with this there is sophomore wide receiver John Newman who should start. haven't heard of him? thats because they dont take advantage of what they have. he is by far our fastest receiver. he has been used as a gunner on special teams but he only has one catch on the season and that was against kent state where they gave him his only 3 snaps. Also, cornerback stan banks is a good talent that we arent using. our cornerbacks against ccsu played too loosely on short yardage situations. whether this is because of speed fear or downright stupidity, it needs to be corrected.

blackcaesar3k5
September 29th, 2008, 02:16 PM
FAMU is need to beat SCSU..

DSUHornet
September 29th, 2008, 10:09 PM
yea, thats a crucial game.
so is dsu/hampton

those games together will set the tide for the division champ and seed receiver

Syntax Error
September 29th, 2008, 10:47 PM
what happened to Norfolk?

Syntax Error
September 29th, 2008, 10:48 PM
he's no Billy JoeThere are similarities. Both were ejected unceremoniously, chopblocked. Both delivered.

blackcaesar3k5
October 1st, 2008, 03:16 AM
The Norfolk State are basically one-hit wonder silimar to 2001 Big ten champions..

Coach Joe taylor doesn't has aura of Billy Joe or his boss and athletic director Bill Hayes.. But Taylor do knows something about winning like those great coaches.. He jus need win in the post-season..